Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #2601
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
oh my god, I was going crazy trying to figure that out! You just got my vote on day 1 if/when I play again, lol.

I saw you guys talking about that, but I must've missed what he said because I had no idea what the heck you were going on about.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #2602
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
No I guess it was just a good observation by you that I put the vote on right after Racer did even though I have no idea what was going on in my head at that point in the game.

yeah that first time wolf thing is tough especially when you are the big baddie himself. I thought you might have tried to get me lynched after I called you on that. My less than stellar voting didn't help matters either. I was thinking you were going after J23 because he was connected to Chubby somehow and killing him might do something to Chubby.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #2603
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
This is the first game that I've made it to the end alive and our side has won. Probably out of 25 some odd games

Congrats
Old 08-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #2604
Autumn
Head Coach

I like the idea of having the wolves try to hit the cycle, setting their kill order ahead of time, JAG. That's a fun twist.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #2605
Thomkal
Head Coach

Oh meant to mention that I liked the Valhalla concept-giving us vanilla villagers a chance to still participate and discuss the game, even if none of us made it there to till Day 4. More games should have this kind of concept I think.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:00 PM   #2606
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Oh meant to mention that I liked the Valhalla concept-giving us vanilla villagers a chance to still participate and discuss the game, even if none of us made it there to till Day 4. More games should have this kind of concept I think.

Yeah, I think it's a nice way to work that concept in. In the Amazing Race game having villagers hang around was maybe too powerful. Thi sis a nice way to harness that, but mediate the power. I'm definitely going to consider this mechanic as a way of doing something like that in other games where I've considered having a "hades" type thread.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:04 PM   #2607
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Valhalla was one of the things I most enjoyed about the rules I made up. It was basically like having an in-game speculation thread for dead villagers and giving vanilla villagers additional chances to influence the outcome of the game. Though fooey on you all for waiting so long to kill off the vanillas.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:08 PM   #2608
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yeah, I think it's a nice way to work that concept in. In the Amazing Race game having villagers hang around was maybe too powerful.

But the wolves won that game so it couldn't have been that overpowered for the village.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #2609
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

The write-ups gave hints as to what wolves performed the killing. Large blunt force object was Utgaard-Loki, the dagger and sneak killing was Loki, and mau had the 'natural death' one (it took that long for him to have a kill because N2 he was blocked and N4 he only damaged Chubby).
Old 08-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #2610
Autumn
Head Coach

Narc guessed that was Hel's touch, his death. Good catch by him. I read too much into the sneak attack though, assuming that meant two different wolves had attacked.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #2611
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
McKerney you kicked my butt. I was so afraid you where going to scan me and if I ended up lynched the next day Mau's sword would have ended up in a villagers hand(most likely) and we would have lost. I panicked and we lost hahah

I was planning the move all day, but I really didn't think it was going to work. I added the stuff about thinking I was safe because Loki had used an attack last night, but I was still thinking to myself, "There's no way they'll buy this, I'm practically begging Loki to attack me." I was expecting to be dead from the attack of one of the other wolves, but was very happy upon finding out I'd made my semi fake reveal believable enough.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:22 PM   #2612
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Zinto and I chatted on AIM for about an hour and a half last night on what we should end up doing. It was racer all night until you came along and wrecked our plans. Zinto got to licking his chops and wanted you badly. It was destiny I guess.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #2613
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I was planning the move all day, but I really didn't think it was going to work. I added the stuff about thinking I was safe because Loki had used an attack last night, but I was still thinking to myself, "There's no way they'll buy this, I'm practically begging Loki to attack me." I was expecting to be dead from the attack of one of the other wolves, but was very happy upon finding out I'd made my semi fake reveal believable enough.

MVP!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #2614
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
MVP!!!

Thanks! I certainly wasn't helping much tracking the wolves down, so I had to come up with some way to help the villager.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #2615
mckerney
Coordinator

I was mostly honest in my role reveal, I just made of the protection from vanilla wolves and left out the item stuff. Oh, and the part about killing Loki was obviously omitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
You are Heimdall, the Watchman of the Gods and guardian of the Bifrost Rainbow Bridge to Asgard. Your powers of observation are far beyond that of any other, even Loki himself cannot fool you. As Loki's sworn enemy and as you are fated to slay him during Ragnarok, each night you may scan one player to determine if they are Loki. You are also immune to Loki's powers and if Loki attempts to night kill you, he will be successful but you will kill him as well. You will be aware of who passes you an item in the event that you receive one.

Last edited by mckerney : 08-17-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:31 PM   #2616
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Zinto and I chatted on AIM for about an hour and a half last night on what we should end up doing. It was racer all night until you came along and wrecked our plans. Zinto got to licking his chops and wanted you badly. It was destiny I guess.

You would have randomized the mistletoe
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #2617
J23
College Benchwarmer

When Narc was killed and was a villager, I still thought he must have really been Loki, and one of his abilities was to fake his death. I could have sworn that Narc had posted that he sent me Odin's Spear night one at some point, but I never saw it, and didn't get an item until Hoops sent me the mistletoe night3(?).
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:52 AM   #2618
Danny
Head Coach

I was pretty happy with how I thought my fake reveal was going to work out. Initially it was going to buy me a couple days, and then when Chubby revealed, it was going to get me killed, but we assumed I could brutal Thor and then night kill J23 and remove two more roled players and be in a pretty good position even down one wolf. The brutal going to bh ended up costing the wolves two night kills.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 AM   #2619
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Why did you kill dubb and then j23. That was so .... odd. Because of that I was totally thinking that jeheinz or barkeep were wolves.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:52 AM   #2620
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Congrats on your first game JAG. Was sensational!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 AM   #2621
Danny
Head Coach

Dubb was my call. I wanted him out of the game. No idea he was the seer and I knew it would reflect bad on me, but I was already done fairly early at that point. When someone is on like that, you want him dead.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 AM   #2622
Danny
Head Coach

Plus I didn't know Chubby would switch last minute, so especially thinking I might be dead then, Dubb would have been very trusted.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 AM   #2623
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
When Narc was killed and was a villager, I still thought he must have really been Loki, and one of his abilities was to fake his death. I could have sworn that Narc had posted that he sent me Odin's Spear night one at some point, but I never saw it, and didn't get an item until Hoops sent me the mistletoe night3(?).

I did. I think the item disappears when the correct owner of the item dies.

Bit shocked that Hoops wasn't a baddy and that there wasn't one.

I think Racer had a very good game for the village, no disrespect to mckerney's awesome play that, basically, blew the game open when it needed it the most, but I consider him MVP. I think the fact that he's the villager who was trusted the most without having a role at the end speaks of how well he played.

Loki had a lot of great powers. Would have been fun/uber-stressful to play. I think the problem with giving one player so many powers is that it adds a large degree of randomness into the game. I think a stronger conversion ability (something along the lines of Loki having a chance of swapping with a live player if they are vanilla) or weaker powers but a 5th baddy would have worked. But this was a fun game and a lot of the breaks went against the wolves so who knows.

Not the most inspiring performance by me all told. At least I voted Darth on day three - apart from that probably more of a hinder than a benefit to the good guys.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:12 AM   #2624
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if chubby still thinks I'm a wolf?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #2625
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Woo hoo! Winnah winnah chicken dinnah!

I played like shit but who cares I was alive for the win!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:43 AM   #2626
Telle
College Starter

Good game all!! Was a lot of fun to play this one.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #2627
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seemed like a very fun game. The Valhalla speculation PMs was definitely a cool touch, even though we really didn't have any info to pass along.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #2628
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, Racer played great, very clear thinking, I loved the way he put his notes together.

Telle, it was great to have you right in the thick of things. I was worried that maybe you were being more active because you were a wolf! But you added a lot to the game. If only Thomkal or NTN were bad, we would have looked genius!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #2629
Telle
College Starter

I know.. can't believe that we had three villagers on the block two days in a row that far in!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #2630
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I know.. can't believe that we had three villagers on the block two days in a row that far in!

That was a real bummer, because I think you and I did well to recognize each other as villagers, and sway the vote. If only we'd had someone to sway the vote to.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #2631
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That was a real bummer, because I think you and I did well to recognize each other as villagers, and sway the vote. If only we'd had someone to sway the vote to.

Agreed, I was pretty confident you were both acting honestly. But yeah, fat lot of good that did me in my actual vote.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:01 AM   #2632
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh, and i know Hoops thought I was crazy to vote myself at the very end that night. I just wanted to point out that I didn't do so until deadline, it wasn't a ploy to get votes off me. But I knew i was vanilla, with no items. NTN hadn't been around all day, and I didn't want a last second tie to go to him only to find out he was important or had an item or some such.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #2633
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wonder if chubby still thinks I'm a wolf?

I do! But hey you got your revenge on me in the end.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #2634
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Good game all!! Was a lot of fun to play this one.

It was great to see you be more active than normal here Telle, though perhaps being on the block forever had something to do with that. was great to see and chat with when we were both on the block.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #2635
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Seemed like a very fun game. The Valhalla speculation PMs was definitely a cool touch, even though we really didn't have any info to pass along.

The Jackal has the "honor" I believe of being the first person to replace a "dead" player and still be active in the game. Thanks for jumping in to help us out at the end there.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #2636
Thomkal
Head Coach

And if/when I play again, just remember when there's been absolutely no one making posts trying to defend me or vote switches to save me (well the votes on Telle there late perhaps an exception) as its been the last two games I've been on the block it really does mean I'm a villager-so please remember that!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:41 PM   #2637
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Anyone who wants to be amused by me talking to myself can visit JAG's forum. I think JAG has to move the thread to PREVIOUS GAMES right?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #2638
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

YAY we won!
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #2639
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This is actually the most active game I've ever seen right out of the gate. Ever day lots going on.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #2640
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
This is actually the most active game I've ever seen right out of the gate. Ever day lots going on.

Yes, very active. Not quite up to the level of Hoops' marvel game or spawn 3, but the most active I think we've had since then. Though my Group Therapy game as really active as well.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 PM   #2641
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I just want to say that I feel really good about my play as a vanilla villager this game. I attracted enough attention that the wolves never tried to kill me, but not so much attention that I got lynched. I was 100% in telling the truth from the lies with role reveals. Now granted I drew the wrong conclusions from mckerney's lies (what a great move btw) but at least I knew he was lying.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-18-2011 at 04:35 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #2642
Danny
Head Coach

Yeah you played a strong game BK
Old 08-18-2011, 05:24 PM   #2643
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

There is an amusing comment about you toward the end of the thread in JAG's forum, barkeep
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #2644
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
There is an amusing comment about you toward the end of the thread in JAG's forum, barkeep
Absolutely a wolf, huh ?
Old 08-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #2645
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Yes, very active. Not quite up to the level of Hoops' marvel game or spawn 3, but the most active I think we've had since then. Though my Group Therapy game as really active as well.
Damn you. I started re-reading Spawn 3. I love that rule set.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #2646
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Absolutely a wolf, huh ?

which explains my break from being a player.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #2647
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, I missed Spawn 1 and 2 as I didn't start playing WW yet, but I loved Spawn 3.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #2648
Autumn
Head Coach

You were so spot on, BK, you had me convinced you must be a wolf. Seriously, the way you were all over Danny from the first moment felt like too much to me. You were absolutely right, and I agreed with you about Danny's reveal, but you seemed so sure, and so determined to paint the rest of us as going along with him, that I felt you must be trying to game something.

I guess next time I'll just have to remember that's your villager stance ;-)
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #2649
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You were so spot on, BK, you had me convinced you must be a wolf. Seriously, the way you were all over Danny from the first moment felt like too much to me. You were absolutely right, and I agreed with you about Danny's reveal, but you seemed so sure, and so determined to paint the rest of us as going along with him, that I felt you must be trying to game something.

I guess next time I'll just have to remember that's your villager stance ;-)
I have spent a lot of time thinking about game design and that role just didn't make sense. I think next game I'm going to try and play closer to how I played in later days when I pushed but with a different style. So when I show up slightly kinder and gentler don't lynch me
Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #2650
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have spent a lot of time thinking about game design and that role just didn't make sense. I think next game I'm going to try and play closer to how I played in later days when I pushed but with a different style. So when I show up slightly kinder and gentler don't lynch me

Already making excuses.

vote barkeep49

Seriously, I need to tinker my playing style also, obviously. I'm not particularly good at analysis but I try to keep posting and thinking in thread, to at least keep things rolling. But it doesn't help if it distracts the village. I will be going for more thoughtful I think, less voluminous.