Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM   #201
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

That was not cool

Plus I erred on realizing there was a night point submission as well...and put in 0.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #203
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
This year's NFL Draft just gets more and more interesting with each passing day. We've had a major trade, tales of two players focused more on chasing tail, and now BIG news about Abe Sargent. We're going to go out to Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay to get the scoop here.

Todd M- Thanks Scott. It looks like 'The Leg' or the player better known as Abe Sargent may be hiding an achilles injury. There is some word leaking out of Huntington, West Virginia that he may have strained or maybe even torn his achilles while playing a game of pick-up basketball. He was even reportedly seen sporting a walking boot in his dorm. Mel, how do you think this will effect things?

Mel K- This is all just conjecture and rumor. I've been talking to coaches from Marshall and Abe's agent and they say that there is absolutely NO TRUTH WHAT-SO-EVER to this RUMOR. In fact, I find it very interesting that we have no pictures or even witnesses willing to go on record to say that Abe is hurt. I think this is an incredibly careless rumor and the timing couldn't be worse for 'The Leg' as the Combine starts today. The effect here, even though I steadfastly believe this rumor to be just a rumor, is devastating to his draft status right now. Here's my newest Big Board, we'll call it 2.5:

1- The Jackal
2- Henry
3- Crimson Fox
4- Darth Vilus
5- KWhit
6- Abe Sargent
7- Heinz
8- ntndeacon
9- Chief Rum
10- J23
11- Hoopsguy
12- Schmidty

WTF?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:59 AM   #204
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think that was really bad strategy, on whoever's part. First of all, I wasn;t even the top guy from yesterday, Jackal was. Secondly, why not go after a rival position, instead of me? Why not go after someone who reserved a lot of points for making a move later?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:20 AM   #205
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

The Jackal (5)-- Autumn (108), ntndeacon (131), henry296 (135), Hoops (146), Abe Sargent (158)

Ok - so here are the people we know voted to lynch a villager. Autumn we know is a villager. I lean that we were villager-villager as well - but if not one would have to think that both Henry and Abe were wolves given Abe's "saving" vote.

That seems less plausible to me - that would mean the wolves would've spent an awful lot of capital to save Henry. I think if I was a wolf in that situation I'd just tell my fellow wolfie (henry in this case) "tough break" and make moves to make me look good in spite of his lynching - not save him overtly.

That leaves hoops and ntn and I'm getting a big time villager vibe from Hoops. Granted it's been awhile since I"ve played but hoops is playing basically like villager-hoops circa 6 months ago. Someone can wisen me up if that's now changed

Barring conversation and unforseen events I plan on placing my vote on NTN again today.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:24 AM   #206
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, I said I would indicate how many points I spent today - I spent two. So far the only person indicating a point expenditure that differs from the ranking (points, followed by alphabetical) is Heinz. So I'm hoping that he is a strong candidate to be scanned tonight so we can figure out if his version of events (scout error) is on the up-and-up.

That said, it is his first game back and his schedule is work-only access, so I'm not trying to bum rush him out of the game just yet by leading votes on him. I just want the discrepancy noted.

Fair enough. I'm a-ok with being scanned of course. Don't pity me as a returnee though.

I'd think I'd get a smidge of cred for offering up that info in spite of not needing to and it being different. If I was a wolf - why bother?
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #207
J23
College Benchwarmer

So I was thinking, with the draft being the way people leave the game, and some people being sabotaged, is it possible that there isn't a nightkill, but rather just the bottom person on the "Big Board" get drafted out of the game? Maybe the wolves just have a sabotage ability they get to use rather than a nightkill.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #208
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My apologies, yes, there are still nightkills. As CR said earlier, this is a regular WW game (nightkills and all) but wrapped up with an individual achievement flavor.

I already asked this question, and was answered, yesterday.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #209
J23
College Benchwarmer

Ahh, missed that somehow. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:01 AM   #210
Danny
Head Coach

No night kills, PB just made an exception for me
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #211
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
WTF?

HA ha! Abe's hurt.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:55 AM   #212
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Fair enough. I'm a-ok with being scanned of course. Don't pity me as a returnee though.

I'd think I'd get a smidge of cred for offering up that info in spite of not needing to and it being different. If I was a wolf - why bother?

Because wolves always offer up that kind of info.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #213
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Heading into work (so happy to be able to say that). Will be able to vote during lunchtime.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There is other big news coming out of California. Star quarterback Danny has been drafted as well, the 13'th overall selection to the nearby San Francisco 49'ers. Danny was a vanilla villager.

PMs coming out momentarily and then the Big Board...

Whatchyu talkin' about Danny? You were drafted, not nightkilled, just like Autumn.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #215
The Jackal
Coordinator

For the sake of vote history and the very possible chance that henry is a wolf and one of the late voters is too, here's this:

VOTE HENRY

Again, sorry I wasn't able to be around to make a more educated lynch decision, sucks that it hit so poorly.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #216
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Because wolves always offer up that kind of info.

Really? Not me as a wolf I don't. I don't see how offering up pretty overtly contrasting information would help a wolf.

I still don't even see why the wolves should care much about the draft at all - so there's no benefit there.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:27 AM   #217
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really? Not me as a wolf I don't. I don't see how offering up pretty overtly contrasting information would help a wolf.

I still don't even see why the wolves should care much about the draft at all - so there's no benefit there.

What makes you think the draft is not a win condition for the wolves, just like the rest of us? In fact, PB's description of the wolves, cheating, juicing, etc. suggests they are indeed trying to get to the top.

Unless I misread the rules, my understanding is that every player in the game--wolf or villager--has the major condition as well of trying to be the #1 overall pick.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #218
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Not knowing you I don't know what you would do as a wolf. But hoops, dubb, autumn, telle, CR, danny, lathum, EF....all offer arguments about catching wolves and post stats and analysis that hasn't been seen before.

And people DO care about the draft because it's a cool part of the game. Some of the wolves cared about the olympics during EF's game. In fact some cared more about winning the olympics.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:31 AM   #219
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
What makes you think the draft is not a win condition for the wolves, just like the rest of us? In fact, PB's description of the wolves, cheating, juicing, etc. suggests they are indeed trying to get to the top.

Unless I misread the rules, my understanding is that every player in the game--wolf or villager--has the major condition as well of trying to be the #1 overall pick.

Sorry - to clarify - I think each wolf does have that as an individual win condition - yes.

I don't however think it's a win condition for the wolf team.

Like Wolf A gets no bonus for Wolf B being the 1st overall pick.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 AM   #220
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

okay REALLY heading into work now....darn bus...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:34 AM   #221
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Not knowing you I don't know what you would do as a wolf. But hoops, dubb, autumn, telle, CR, danny, lathum, EF....all offer arguments about catching wolves and post stats and analysis that hasn't been seen before.

And people DO care about the draft because it's a cool part of the game. Some of the wolves cared about the olympics during EF's game. In fact some cared more about winning the olympics.

Maybe I'm wrong then. I don't think I've ever played it that way but I've been wrong before. Once.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #222
henry296
College Starter

I think heinz' analysis is spot on.

vote ntndeacon
Old 03-31-2010, 10:38 AM   #223
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Heh. Now I'm worried.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #224
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ok I have a question. Do you think that the wolves would lean toward removing positional impediments. I mean if we think that is likely we should look at the other QB. in this case Kwhit. It might be nothing but that might be a direction they go in.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 AM   #225
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

btw on day one I spent 3 and then 0 respectively on the two events.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:50 AM   #226
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Realized I should actually vote so I don't forget

Vote ntndeacon
Old 03-31-2010, 11:52 AM   #227
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Ok I have a question. Do you think that the wolves would lean toward removing positional impediments. I mean if we think that is likely we should look at the other QB. in this case Kwhit. It might be nothing but that might be a direction they go in.

I doubt it. If the wolves care about the draft it is - in my opinion - on an individual basis. So why would the lot of them help the one of them with a night kill?
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #228
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very busy at work this AM - does anyone else have an opportunity to put together the vote/unvote info from Day 1?

I'll likely lay down my vote sometime this evening - probably similar to yesterday.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #229
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote henry

In case my day gets crazy and I can't revisit this like what happened yesterday. Putting my vote behind the 1 other person I know is a villager at this point.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:19 PM   #230
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Just a note. Realize that wolves have been known to hurt themselves in side competitions to give themself more credibility in the werewolf part of the game. Nobody yet has claimed that the obvious rumor mongering that was generated to Abe. could have been a ploy to ingratiate him further to the villagers.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:35 PM   #231
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Just a note. Realize that wolves have been known to hurt themselves in side competitions to give themself more credibility in the werewolf part of the game. Nobody yet has claimed that the obvious rumor mongering that was generated to Abe. could have been a ploy to ingratiate him further to the villagers.

That's a silly thought. If I were a wolf, I wouldn't want my peers to ruin my brand new experience with this sort of game. We might never have a game like this again, and I;'m enjoying the different-ness of the game, I wouldn't want a co-wolf getting in the way of that, just for a ploy that may or may not work, but certainly is not fun for me.

And at the end of the day, this is about fun, not necessarily winning, no matter what side I'm on, villager or wolf. With a new mechanic, that's my focus, not really the WW side, but the NFL draft side. No way would I want to ruin my fun.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:36 PM   #232
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Besides, I think I know who did it too me...

But I want to keep that close for now

Old 03-31-2010, 12:38 PM   #233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nah, I'll just go ahead and tell you, I think it was the Jackal. I mentioned in in teh thread, and as I tghink about it, it makes sense. Jackal was ahead of me, so why target me by someone else, especially since I'm not a threat for any position. the only person to terget me making sense is the #1 guy taking down teh #2 guy.

So I think it was Jackal

Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #234
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Wouldn't the #3 guy want to take down the #2 guy?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM   #235
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

especially since the #1 guy ain't lookin' so hot (or wasn't)
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #236
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

But for the record I agree. I'd go postal of fellow wolves player-hated me like that.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:46 PM   #237
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

NFL Network is live from the Combine today. I'm Rich Eisen and I'll be talking you through some of the day's highlights.

We're starting with today's weirdest moment. Let's watch this sequence of events. Heinz, a great Defensive Tackle prospect, is stretching on the sideline, jogging, looking good. He reaches down and takes a big chug off of a water bottle and heads to the starting line. He starts to stumble a bit, even looking a bit disoriented. He still gets to the blocks, falls over once for a fault, and then runs a wobbly and very poor 5.34 40. Man, what must they be putting in that water?

His poor showing was followed by another poor showing by a defensive lineman, this time Chief Rum. The big guy just looked sluggish out there and like he wasn't taking things seriously at all. His 5.25 time does not bode well.

Finally, KWhit from Georgia, known for a bit of athleticism and agility entered the blocks. Folks love watching the quarterbacks and boy, KWhit gave them a show...a long, slow show. KWhit posted a 5.31 which was very surprising given his ability to move around in the pocket.

But hey, enough of the bad news. Shannon Sharpe is here to bring you the positives.

Shannon S.- I've got some great performances, starting with Jackal. This dude is a serious burner out there. He posted a 4.48 and just looked on today. He didn't even look tired at the end of it.

His performance was topped a bit by a guy who's stock is just still soaring. Crimson Fox is the best looking wide receiver we've seen in years. A 4.44 time in the 40 with that size...damn, he looks unstoppable.

But the best of all, and the best surprise of the day was Schmidty, the bruising back from Michigan State. After poor showings recently, he lit up the clock today. I've never seen a bigger guy move so fast unless somebody was dropping some cake. He ran a 4.43 40 and his stock could be just about to take off.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:47 PM   #238
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I guess my 2 points nancied that one. Or I was hated upon.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #239
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Todd McShay's live blog from the Combine...

Ranking things from what I saw in the 40, it's gotta look something like this:

1- Schmidty
2- Crimson Fox
3- Jackal
4- J23
5- ntndeacon
6- hoops
7- Darth Vilus
8- Henry
9- Abe
10- CR
11- KWhit
12- Heinz

I look forward to seeing how these numbers effect Mel's Big Board 3.0 tonight.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #240
Schmidty
Coordinator

4.43!!!

Woot!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #241
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah with the water thing and the fact that I was last in points - I think I was hated upon.

I mean 2 wasn't much but I'd think someone made it worse.

Don't hate me because I'm Big and Beautiful folks.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:51 PM   #242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wouldn't the #3 guy want to take down the #2 guy?

Because he wants to take down #1 guy instead? Jackal hadn't even shone in the evening, and yet he was still #1, and that;'s dangeroues to be #1 with a lot of points in the hopper.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #243
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Because he wants to take down #1 guy instead? Jackal hadn't even shone in the evening, and yet he was still #1, and that;'s dangeroues to be #1 with a lot of points in the hopper.

But with time left to play either/or works. Plus Jackal wasn't exactly looking long for this game for most of the day vote-wise.

I mean I don't think you're a wolf - I've said that - but just spitballin'
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #244
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
But with time left to play either/or works. Plus Jackal wasn't exactly looking long for this game for most of the day vote-wise.

I mean I don't think you're a wolf - I've said that - but just spitballin'

I was taken down this morning, not as part of the night action. It was hours later.

Let me just ask, Jackal, did you speculate on rumors about me? I'd like an answer one way or the other please.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #245
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This is my early vote, very subject to change, just in case of a crimson eclipse.

J23's question about soemthing I clarified yeasterday with a big blue post, in a game with only afew posts and its not hard to keep them straight, makes me feel that he might be a wolf trying to appear to be clueless abouyt teh rules, and thus not a threat.

Vote J23

Old 03-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #246
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
This is my early vote, very subject to change, just in case of a crimson eclipse.

J23's question about soemthing I clarified yeasterday with a big blue post, in a game with only afew posts and its not hard to keep them straight, makes me feel that he might be a wolf trying to appear to be clueless abouyt teh rules, and thus not a threat.

Vote J23

I'll jump on that!! And make no mistake: This is personal. I won't allow some brainy geek from Stanford beat a real man from the banks of the Red Cedar!! GO SPARTANS!!!!

Vote J23
Old 03-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #247
hoopsguy
General Manager

For what it is worth, I did spend some points today but I'm not looking to give exact values like I did yesterday. I think one day of telegraphing my exact movements is enough info for the wolves.

I'll be very interested to see the Big Board at the end of the day to see if there is upwards movement ... clearly the one guy below me (Schmidty) out-spent me in the early part of the day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #248
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Vote J23

Sorry if I missed it Abe, but I wasn't on at all yesterday from the time I voted until this morning, so there were a fair number of posts in there to go through. I don't think asking about one rule should label me as "clueless" about the rules however.

For what it's worth, I'm surprised I wasn't mentioned today. I dropped 10 points on the workout, figuring that would be enough to move me in the rankings. With no mention, I'm not sure that's going to be the case.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:25 PM   #249
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Abe

Something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:48 PM   #250
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I won't allow some brainy geek from Stanford beat a real man from the banks of the Red Cedar!! GO SPARTANS!!!!

With the Wonderlic coming up, I'm sure you'd be happy to see me gone.