Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2022, 02:09 PM   #1
BKL
n00b

Changing City Names

Is there any way to change all the city names, like a mass import from Excel to change the names from what’s in the existing database? I am creating a fictional world and want to rename each city, if possible without having to do it manually. I have an Excel and Database file with the changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

The lack of a response here is not us ignoring you, I think it's that there's no simple answer like you are seeking.

Keep in mind that the city names are rather little-used, other than the 32 assigned to the actual teams. So, manually changing those 32 city names isn't all that tough to do manually in-game. Switch Jacksonville to Graggboxx 5 or whatever, and that will be used throughout your career.

In the event that a team relocates to Omaha, you'd just need to rename that city name to what you want, and for all intents and purposes you're set. The entire remaining list of cities are not used in-game for any other purpose other than evaluating what cities might desire a relocated team.

Good luck.

Last edited by QuikSand : 12-21-2022 at 09:48 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:47 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Yeah, if I were trying to do this, I'd just rename the 32 cities manually. You just don't see the other city names enough to bother to rename them, apart from an AI team moving, and in that instance you'd just rename that one if/when it happens.

All that said, there's no front-end way to do this. I suppose if you figured out the citynames.dll and citydata.fdt file formats and created your own versions of those from your database you could do it, but for the reasons mentioned above I seriously doubt it's worth the effort required.