Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #501
Telle
College Starter

What's the point of voting for him if he can likely just get right back out again? The better bet would be to just kill him.. but I don't know if my role would have enough skill to do it.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:14 AM   #502
RendeR
Coordinator

Going to be out until probably 2-3pm est. Monsters are demanding attention, god forbid =)

Gotta do some sort of cleaning around here as well as my poor house is a disaster. having two monsters will do that to a house =)
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #503
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Telle, if you know that DT is a wolf then why aren't you voting for him at this point? Is there some other motivation that you have right now besides catching wolves?

I'm waiting to hear what he has to say about the events of the last couple of days, but your statements coupled with those by Oliegirl seem to have him pretty boxed in.

Did Render ever answer my question regarding if we can even vote for him? I asked earlier what DT's status was, since last Render said, he was in the bog and i would assume not votable... I am waiting for that clarification mainly, since that is confusing a bit.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:26 AM   #504
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I thought he was only in the bog for 24 hours?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 AM   #505
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I thought he was only in the bog for 24 hours?

I thought Render made a clarification on that.. that the 24 hour period is only in determining victory condition qualifications... I thought someone was sent to the Bog until the game ends, or they are freed or killed.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 AM   #506
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I thought Render made a clarification on that.. that the 24 hour period is only in determining victory condition qualifications... I thought someone was sent to the Bog until the game ends, or they are freed or killed.

I thought in that post, he was just clarifying what it meant to be in the bog.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #507
path12
Coordinator

Catching up, I was out all last night.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:41 AM   #508
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought in that post, he was just clarifying what it meant to be in the bog.

I guess I don't see the purpose of the items or abilities or whatever that people have to free someone if they are getting out anyways.. The comments made was that someone could be freed or could get out by sheer dumb luck give me the opposite impression....

I could very well be wrong here though, which is why I was asking Render what was up... He seems to be avoiding the subject though!
Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #509
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hey all. my day at work has been busy-busy. literally just checking in for the first time all day. what's up?

need to catch up on midnight-noon, and TBH i still haven't read all the Day 1 stuff fully.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #510
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This is the point of a WW game where I become overly fixated with my hunch and everything that a person I am suspicious of posts just screams wolf to me, and then suddenly several people's posts that seem to inexplainably defend that person begin to draw lines together and by the end of day 2 I feel I know who all of the bad guys are...

Fast forward 3 days later and I find I've pushed for the elimination of various allies or innocent bystanders.

Classic.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #511
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hey all. my day at work has been busy-busy. literally just checking in for the first time all day. what's up?

need to catch up on midnight-noon, and TBH i still haven't read all the Day 1 stuff fully.

I think that answers the question of whether DT is still in the Bog, no?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #512
path12
Coordinator

Wow. Hey, DC finally was bad!

Other than that, I'm totally lost at the moment as far as my individual goals go, so I'm thinking at this point I'll probably go for the team minor win....especially since folks are dropping like flies around here.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:53 AM   #513
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess I don't see the purpose of the items or abilities or whatever that people have to free someone if they are getting out anyways.. The comments made was that someone could be freed or could get out by sheer dumb luck give me the opposite impression....

I could very well be wrong here though, which is why I was asking Render what was up... He seems to be avoiding the subject though!

Probably because he doesn't want to come right out and say that it's as blah as I think it is.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #514
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wow. Hey, DC finally was bad!

Other than that, I'm totally lost at the moment as far as my individual goals go, so I'm thinking at this point I'll probably go for the team minor win....especially since folks are dropping like flies around here.

Like flies? We've only had 4 deaths, right? SC, Thomkal, DC, and PB?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM   #515
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Probably because he doesn't want to come right out and say that it's as blah as I think it is.

Well then, if people do indeed get out of the bog 24 hours after being put in, voting DT off today isn't the answer, one of the Pigs who's victory condition is to kill the wolves needs to just outright kill him probably.

At this point if this is the case, I really don't see the purpose of the voting to the bog, other than a momentary delay in someone being able to do stuff.. and I don't really know what strategy I would take in voting people to the bog other than revoting in people like DT or Oliegirl whom have shown the desire to harm others.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #516
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

honestly, i don't have the time to deal with...whatever right now. i saw something about me being a wolf...that's not the case is all i know. might be someone with the ability to disguise themself, sure as hell wasn't me
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #517
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, if you aren't a wolf, and you are in line to be killed by someone sizing you up in the game, do you see any harm in revealing your role? I guess I would rather have that to consider before you are dead rather than after you are dead if you are in fact not a wolf.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:04 AM   #518
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You all hear a blood curdling scream from the enchanted castle. upon arriving there you smell something rancid and find a half melted body surrounded by shards of glass. one shard has a label named "acid".

Someone has killed PurdueBrad! He was the Evil mastermind!

This was me. I played a hunch and got 'im!

Anxiety 1
Barkeep 1

Your turn BK!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #519
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anxiety, did you know what your potion would do? Why did your hunch lead you towards PurdueBrad?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #520
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Anxiety, did you know what your potion would do? Why did your hunch lead you towards PurdueBrad?

I did not kill him with a potion, but with a nearby beaker of acid that was just sitting around.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #521
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and when I spyed on him on N1, he was mixing things on a pot. That struck me as odd, but not necessarily evil. Could be a witch, could be making porrage, who knows?

THen he didn;t vote yesterday. That was a bit too utr for me, so I went with my gut.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 AM   #522
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Give the guy a break, it's his first game
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #523
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well then, if people do indeed get out of the bog 24 hours after being put in, voting DT off today isn't the answer, one of the Pigs who's victory condition is to kill the wolves needs to just outright kill him probably.

At this point if this is the case, I really don't see the purpose of the voting to the bog, other than a momentary delay in someone being able to do stuff.. and I don't really know what strategy I would take in voting people to the bog other than revoting in people like DT or Oliegirl whom have shown the desire to harm others.

Well, the momentary delay could be worthwhile -- maybe make him unable to do bad stuff until someone kills him?

By the way, if someone does kill him, what happens to the votes on him? If they don't get another vote in, are they penalized for not voting?
Old 11-07-2007, 11:14 AM   #524
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Give the guy a break, it's his first game

That wasn't meant to be derogatory. There's a ton of crazy things going on in this game, and I'm not saying this is a worse game because this aspect isn't as crazy -- I'm just saying he doesn't want us to know how it works, and he doesn't happen to have a confusing aspect for it.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #525
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Hey everyone...checking in quickly, we are SO slammed at work and they are cracking down on internet use.

I skimmed through everything and will try to answer what I can.

I followed Telle to try and determine whether or not she was good...which is basically the same reason I used the potion in the first place. I'm trying to get a definitive answer one way or the other on a couple of people...she's pinging my radar hard as a possible "bad guy", but I'm not sure what her role is, mainly b/c this game isn't cut and dry - the "bad" aspect is a very gray area.

All I know is what I was told in my PM...that she was attacked, but won, and she was holding a sword.

What I don't get is if you trust Telle, and she's said DT is a wolf, why you would vote for anyone else, regardless of if it's me or not.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:33 AM   #526
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Man, this is a tough game. Here's what I think/know

- That if you trust Telle, you should vote DT. Which I probably will
- That I'm nowhere on my win conditions. My searches haven't gotten me jack except for a breastplate for defense in case someone attacks me. Didn't help that I wasted a search trying to get crafty and searching the initial prairie.
- I'd settle at this point for a minor victory of eliminating the wolves. I can't see a situation where I could hit on all of my conditions before someone else will, since I'd wager we have people who have part of them done to the point where someone may just be 1 part away.

So my focus will be killin' us some wolves. That leads me back to point 1, voting DT.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #527
hoopsguy
General Manager

Telle has multiple vouches at this point - Olie obviously, but I'm also strongly suggesting that I know her role and that she is no wolf.

If there is someone who does not trust her at this point, I would be interested in hearing the reasons why.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #528
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Like flies? We've only had 4 deaths, right? SC, Thomkal, DC, and PB?

And Telle poisoned, and ntn apparently out with something. That's like six in two plus days......I'd call that dropping like flies.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #529
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I thought Telle said she was healed
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM   #530
Telle
College Starter

Yeah, I was. Otherwise I'd be dead at this point.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #531
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Yeah, I was. Otherwise I'd be dead at this point.

Missed that. Busy the past day.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #532
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I missed that, too -- just kinda forgot about it. I think ntn is alive, though, and woke up at noon -- he's usually quiet, though, so I dunno if he's alive or what now.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 PM   #533
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, NTN is in the thread so he should be able to respond, if allowed.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #534
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess it's possible something happened to him. Anxiety, can you shed some light on what you threw at PB?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:01 PM   #535
hoopsguy
General Manager

As far as casting votes, I guess I would rather place them on a wolf than another villager. Again, this decision will vary for people who may want to hinder another team to enhance their own shot of winning. But since I'm now primarily gunning for minor victory, I would rather slow down wolves and enable the other "villagers" to pursue the major victory without having to worry about bog rescues.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #536
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I can respond now. there was a sleep bomb that covered the enchanted castle. Don't know who tossed it. but 3 of us were trapped in its spell. I was glad I had already voted yesterday.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM   #537
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I guess it's possible something happened to him. Anxiety, can you shed some light on what you threw at PB?

He covered this in Post #520:
Quote:
I did not kill him with a potion, but with a nearby beaker of acid that was just sitting around.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #538
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

and if DT is a wolf I am all about lynching him...
Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM   #539
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I can respond now. there was a sleep bomb that covered the enchanted castle. Don't know who tossed it. but 3 of us were trapped in its spell. I was glad I had already voted yesterday.

Was there an extra 2 hours added on to when you could respond, or were you just not available until now?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #540
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

just not available

I could respond starting at 12:00 (I assume eastern but since Ihad students and then had lunch iguess it doesnt really matter.)
Old 11-07-2007, 01:12 PM   #541
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Well, I'm with hoops, no sense voting for non-wolves...

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #542
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm a little disturbed, frankly, that someone can escape from the bog and we get no GM notification of it. Seems like that could certainly favor bad guys doing shifty things and not being held responsible for it since no one knew they could do it.

Vote DaddyT
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:27 PM   #543
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unvote Oliegirl
Vote DaddyTorgo

Well, Render doesn't appear that he will be answering the question regarding DT, however since he is posting in the thread, its obvious he isn't in the bog anymore and thus votable.

I guess a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, or however that line goes..
Old 11-07-2007, 01:31 PM   #544
RendeR
Coordinator

A serving girl Screams and runs paniced through the enchanted castle. As everyone comes running to see whats wrong you find Hoopsguy lying in a pool of blood, with a Crossbow bolt sticking out of his head.

Hoopsguy is Dead!! He was Lady Guenivere!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:32 PM   #545
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Man, the carnage...who did that one?
Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #546
Passacaglia
Coordinator

okay, path was right -- people ARE dropping like flies!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #547
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
A serving girl Screams and runs paniced through the enchanted castle. As everyone comes running to see whats wrong you find Hoopsguy lying in a pool of blood, with a Crossbow bolt sticking out of his head.

Jerks. I can't believe that you would kill someone as hot as me.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #548
SnDvls
Pro Starter

vote DaddyTorgo

since it looks like there isn't another choice out there
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #549
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

apparently someone is playing for their own victory
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM   #550
SnDvls
Pro Starter

RendeR - can you update pg 1 with roles/deaths ect. when you get a chance thanks.