Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #24451
spleen1015
Coordinator

Seems to me he just keeps getting further and further behind.

God, I hope so.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #24452
Thomkal
Head Coach

The retired judge asked to determine if there was enough evidence to support the DOJ dropping the Flynn case filed this brief:
(check Zoe Tillman's twitter feed for more)

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-10-2020 at 12:41 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:39 PM   #24453
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump attorney sends a cease and desist letter over CNN poll showing Biden ahead by 14%

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/polit...oll/index.html

It really is amazing that he doesn't understand all this does is bring more eyes to the poll and make him look weaker.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #24454
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder if at some point polling gets so bad some of his allies start cutting bait or if they are in too deep.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:22 PM   #24455
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

So perfect.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #24456
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I wonder if at some point polling gets so bad some of his allies start cutting bait or if they are in too deep.

I think they are all just along for the ride (and inevitable book deal) at this point. No one left (other than the Joint Chiefs apparently who told him no when he and Barr wanted to put military in all states) seems to have the interest and/or the balls to tell him to start believing these polls or do anything close to what a normal President would do in all these crisis and issues.

I still feel if he had handled the response to the virus like any President of either party would have, he would have increased his chances at re-election. No one had the courage and/or had been kicked out long ago to do so and no matter what President or country he tried to blame it on, and his stupid vanity over wearing a mask will be the one thing that dooms him.

More and more Republicans like the Lincoln Project (who came out with an ad against Ernst of Iowa today) and the others who are just getting started in their "NeverTrump again" campaigns are really going to start to jell with Republicans and Conservative Independents as we get closer to Nov.

Last edited by Thomkal : 06-10-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:33 PM   #24457
Thomkal
Head Coach

heh Grant
Old 06-10-2020, 01:37 PM   #24458
GrantDawg

Quote:
I still feel if he had handled the response to the virus like any President of either party would have, he would have increased his chances at re-election. No one had the courage and/or had been kicked out long ago to do so and no matter what President or country he tried to blame it on, and his stupid vanity over wearing a mask will be the one thing that dooms him.
This so much. He could have gotten a huge bump out of the virus, even with the economic damage. He at times played it right. "We are at war with an invisible killer." He just couldn't then turn that into "we are all in this together." It has to turn everything into blame. CHINA! DEMOCRATS! GOVERNORS! ANYONE BUT ME!
He got a bump early, just like most presidents do in a crisis. Natural reaction has Americans rallying around the President. Then he just destroyed any good-will like Godzilla running through Tokyo.
Old 06-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #24459
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

This will only happen if they think it will help them preserve the Senate majority. If not, they're going down with the ship. And too many people on the Never Trumper side are not just going after Trump but his enablers. So I don't think they have a viable place to turn.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:41 PM   #24460
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This so much. He could have gotten a huge bump out of the virus, even with the economic damage. He at times played it right. "We are at war with an invisible killer." He just couldn't then turn that into "we are all in this together." It has to turn everything into blame. CHINA! DEMOCRATS! GOVERNORS! ANYONE BUT ME!
He got a bump early, just like most presidents do in a crisis. Natural reaction has Americans rallying around the President. Then he just destroyed any good-will like Godzilla running through Tokyo.

He didn't do it because he's inherently incapable of doing it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-10-2020, 02:05 PM   #24461
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Does this issue mobilize democrats, minorities, and their allies to get out and elect allies to offices of influence? If not, then expect more of the same.

The GOP, following on the success of the generic Trump philosophy, is emboldened to just say the quiet part out loud. Disenfranchise the undesirable groups of voters, to win elections. Simple as that. Kick them off the rolls, intimidate them from showing up, put their understaffed polling places in bad locations... whatever it takes.

The "get out and elect allies" can't happen if they make it incredibly hard to vote. That's the whole point.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #24462
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The "get out and elect allies" can't happen if they make it incredibly hard to vote. That's the whole point.
You are right. It is better to stay home, and then bitch about things on Twitter. The Bernie Sander's supporters plan.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-10-2020 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #24463
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't see McGrath beating McConnell although I hope it happens. She's the "establishment" pick so I think she gets the nomination, but Charles Booker is picking up momentum right now. Matt Jones endorsed him - though that appears to at least be due in part to the fact that McGrath's campaign allegedly got him removed from his TV show (which he denies, but c'mon). I loved that show (Hey Kentucky) and it's not the same since he was forced to quit as he considered a run for Senate.

There's just something about McGrath that I don't think connects well enough, but maybe the anti-McConnell sentiment will override it. Still, it's hard to elect someone who hasn't held office and lost an election in 2018 in a state that is solidly for the other party.

Bevin killed Bevin, IMO. Honestly, he made Trump look good by comparison. I've never seen someone be as unnecessarily hateful as him - it's like he actively tried to out-Trump Trump. If he had won re-election, his response to the Coronavirus would have been a disaster. I guarantee he would have acted like George Costanza in an apartment fire to show Trump he was his most loyal servant. We probably would have had hydroxychloroquine stations on every corner.

If you can't see McGrath winning (frankly the chances are so super low now) there's no way in hell Booker is going to win. However, and I'll give you this, if a progressive D can win in KY, then they are safer than someone like McGrath who ends up like a Heidkamp in ND. Someone who has to play where they can and ends up in a fight every election cycle. Still, I'd rather have anyone except Mitch. I still think McGrath has the best chance to get the disaffected former Mitch supporters to her side than Booker. If Booker can make inroads in the East and really grab support there, he might stand a chance. But either way, both would face a massive uphill battle. I'll support either one though. I still haven't voted my absentee. I might just throw it to Booker to help with momentum. McGrath has done well, her fundraising is mostly out of state money, but it's off the charts.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 03:53 PM   #24464
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump goes all in defending the honor of Army bases named after Confederates.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #24465
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

So I don't know how many of y'all follow NASCAR, but there has been quite the sea change recently after the George Floyd death. Bubba Wallace is the only NASCAR driver who is black and apparently after Floyd's death and all the protests, a number of drivers reached out to Wallace. A number of drivers started posting Black Lives Matter. 7 time champ, Jimmy Johnson got a bunch of a drivers together for a video entitled "We will listen". NASCAR itself participated in BlackOutTuesday and had a moment of silence for Floyd before the race. A NASCAR official took a knee during the invocation (yes, NASCAR still has a prayer before the race) and anthem.

Today NASCAR has allowed for protests during the anthem and has completely banned the Confederate flag from being brought into any tracks going forward.

Oh, NASCAR also tweeted a LGBTQ+ Pride message yesterday too, so there is that...

It's a real whiplash moment for a lot of us who have been wanting this for a long time and are shocked it's falling into place so quickly.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #24466
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, maybe by 2030 the Civil War will finally be over.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #24467
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump attorney sends a cease and desist letter over CNN poll showing Biden ahead by 14%

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/10/polit...oll/index.html

The funny thing about this is it's exactly the kind of thing that trump does. Not the lawyer shit, but the polling with misleading questions, and efforts to depress opposition turnout and energy. It's that whole, the cheater is always the one who accuses the other of cheating in a relationship. If you're doing it, then it's ok for me to do it, except he's already doing it.

Like Steam?

Old 06-10-2020, 04:18 PM   #24468
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So I don't know how many of y'all follow NASCAR, but there has been quite the sea change recently after the George Floyd death. Bubba Wallace is the only NASCAR driver who is black and apparently after Floyd's death and all the protests, a number of drivers reached out to Wallace. A number of drivers started posting Black Lives Matter. 7 time champ, Jimmy Johnson got a bunch of a drivers together for a video entitled "We will listen". NASCAR itself participated in BlackOutTuesday and had a moment of silence for Floyd before the race. A NASCAR official took a knee during the invocation (yes, NASCAR still has a prayer before the race) and anthem.

Today NASCAR has allowed for protests during the anthem and has completely banned the Confederate flag from being brought into any tracks going forward.

Oh, NASCAR also tweeted a LGBTQ+ Pride message yesterday too, so there is that...

It's a real whiplash moment for a lot of us who have been wanting this for a long time and are shocked it's falling into place so quickly.

It will be interesting to see if it will come up the old guys at my NASCAR pool tomorrow night. The guy who would never pick a Toyota in the pool (and consequently never won any money) because the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor died two years ago. But the Kyle Larson “n” word thing came up and there are a couple of old fucks that openly call Bubba Wallace “the n——-“. I don’t shun them because I enjoy taking their money year after year.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:25 PM   #24469
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

God, imagine not picking Toyota in a NASCAR pool, especially over the last 5 years.

Well aside from them being racist dumbfucks in general.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:40 PM   #24470
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
God, imagine not picking Toyota in a NASCAR pool, especially over the last 5 years.

Well aside from them being racist dumbfucks in general.

He actually would only take Fords. He died before Stewart Haas went Ford. I think he was mainly there just to drink Schlitz.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #24471
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
I think he was mainly there just to drink Schlitz.

Good work, if you can get it.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #24472
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You are right. It is better to stay home, and then bitch about things on Twitter. The Bernie Sander's supporters plan.

Not everyone can dedicate 4-6 hours to stand in line for a chance to maybe vote.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #24473
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump goes all in defending the honor of Army bases named after Confederates.

Never understood this. Why name a base after someone on the opposing side who lost? Training troops at Fort Himmler or Fort Gage just seems weird.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:26 PM   #24474
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
If you can't see McGrath winning (frankly the chances are so super low now) there's no way in hell Booker is going to win. However, and I'll give you this, if a progressive D can win in KY, then they are safer than someone like McGrath who ends up like a Heidkamp in ND. Someone who has to play where they can and ends up in a fight every election cycle. Still, I'd rather have anyone except Mitch. I still think McGrath has the best chance to get the disaffected former Mitch supporters to her side than Booker. If Booker can make inroads in the East and really grab support there, he might stand a chance. But either way, both would face a massive uphill battle. I'll support either one though. I still haven't voted my absentee. I might just throw it to Booker to help with momentum. McGrath has done well, her fundraising is mostly out of state money, but it's off the charts.

Oh I agree Booker stands less of a chance than McGrath, but with him being African American and getting some buzz right now, there's some momentum. That said, I haven't seen any polls so it could be pulling him up from 25 to 35 percent against her, who knows. I think some of it is McGrath being the chosen one by the national party kind of being shoved down local throats, whereas Booker has won an election and feels more organic as a local candidate. But yeah, if he were to somehow pull it off, the fact that Bernie and AOC endorsed him would effectively end any chance of beating Mitch, I think.

I voted for McGrath against Barr even though I like Barr. It was simply the fact that Barr tied himself so tightly to Trump that I wanted to send a message. It almost worked, but aside from Bevin, supporting Trump was the smart move in this state. The only hope is that Mitch is as unlikeable as Bevin was. I don't think McGrath is going to win on her own merits.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:36 PM   #24475
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

Has NASCAR regained enough of its popularity to make this a risky change?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:07 PM   #24476
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Has NASCAR regained enough of its popularity to make this a risky change?

Well quite honestly with all major sports stepping up, those that don't like it will be stuck watching Cornhole Tournaments on ESPN 3
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 06:25 PM   #24477
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 06-10-2020, 07:08 PM   #24478
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

I'm a casual voter in that I vote in every election and almost all primaries but I don't follow politics closely.

I didn't even realize until about a week ago that McGrath was being contested when the Booker campaign called me. I hadn't even seen any ads from anyone other then McGrath or McConnell in Louisville until a day or two ago.

I'm undecided at the moment between Booker and McGrath. I think I'd lean towards voting for Booker but I am not very hopeful on his general election chances. Then again, I don't feel optimistic about McGrath's chances either.

Alison Lundergan Grimes lost to McConnell by 15.5% six years ago when the polls showed a closer race so it's really hard to see either winning.

Last edited by Racer : 06-10-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:18 PM   #24479
JPhillips
General Manager

NYTimes is reporting that there were thousands of rounds of ammo stored at the D.C. Armory in case they were needed against the protesters.

The Defense establishment didn't go public last week for nothing.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:08 PM   #24480
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I swear I thought this was a joke.

Right-wing fans mocked for boycotting Rage Against the Machine after realising band’s political stance | The Independent

I was really in gespair that this was even real but reading the twitter responses from people is hilarious

Tom Morello and Twitter respond to people only just realising Rage Against The Machine are political

"I really enjoy the great band Rage Alongside the Machine"

"What machine did you think they were raging against? The Dishwasher?"

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 06-10-2020 at 09:12 PM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #24481
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yup, not divisive at all.

Trump Email Invites Supporters To Join 'Army:' Report 06/08/2020
Old 06-11-2020, 09:44 AM   #24482
kingfc22
Head Coach

So I heard a new one this morning from my father who is deeply religious, yet still all aboard the Trump train.

I was trying to tell him how the teachings of Christ go against almost everything Trump stands for and asked him his thoughts on Bunker Boy using the Bible and church as a prop last week.

He preceded to ask me who I get my news from and said "he was there to go inside but it was boarded up and then decided to take a picture".

I mean, just what the eff. I try to read a mixture of sources on most topics including Fox just to see what different perspectives even if they don't line up, but this was one I certainly have not heard. How far down the right wing media hole do I need to be for that whopper?
Old 06-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #24483
PilotMan
Head Coach

The President of the United States wanted to go somewhere, and he couldn't because it was boarded up?

He's not heading down the Tasty Whip for a cone! How much short notice travel to closed places does he think goes on with the President?

Like Steam?

Old 06-11-2020, 11:21 AM   #24484
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
He preceded to ask me who I get my news from and said "he was there to go inside but it was boarded up and then decided to take a picture".

Lost cause.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #24485
JPhillips
General Manager

Mnuchin is now refusing to say where any of the 500 billion went because it is confidential. The oversight committee has no chair and doesn’t do anything.

This was so obviously what was going to happen and Dems didn’t and won’t do anything.

Last edited by JPhillips : 06-11-2020 at 11:31 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:43 AM   #24486
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
Never understood this. Why name a base after someone on the opposing side who lost? Training troops at Fort Himmler or Fort Gage just seems weird.

I think the answer is that there were some historically unusual efforts made after the Civil War to achieve reconciliation. Reconstruction, saluting the surrendering army, etc.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #24487
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think the answer is that there were some historically unusual efforts made after the Civil War to achieve reconciliation. Reconstruction, saluting the surrendering army, etc.

In other words:

Quote:
Lost cause.

Sidenote: My son's 5th grade history book was filled with Lost Cause nonsense. Not sure why that stuff pisses me off so much but he did his research project on the Nueces Massacre that happened here in Tx.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:58 AM   #24488
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Mnuchin is now refusing to say where any of the 500 billion went because it is confidential. The oversight committee has no chair and doesn’t do anything.

This was so obviously what was going to happen and Dems didn’t and won’t do anything.

Yes, your daily-plus reminder that everything is a con.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:58 AM   #24489
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Fort Hood was built in 1942.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #24490
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

B-b-b-but someone is getting a few bucks more in unemployment each week.

Old 06-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #24491
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
B-b-b-but someone is getting a few bucks more in unemployment each week.

And they're both bad policies.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #24492
ezlee2
n00b

Quote:
Does this issue mobilize democrats, minorities, and their allies to get out and elect allies to offices of influence? If not, then expect more of the same.

The GOP, following on the success of the generic Trump philosophy, is emboldened to just say the quiet part out loud. Disenfranchise the undesirable groups of voters, to win elections. Simple as that. Kick them off the rolls, intimidate them from showing up, put their understaffed polling places in bad locations... whatever it takes.

This is complete truth!
ezlee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #24493
RainMaker
General Manager

The other weird thing about Hood is that besides being a virulent racist, he was a garbage General. He may have been one of the most destructive forces in their own military.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #24494
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Fort Hood was built in 1942.

Gone with the Wind was released in 1939 so it fits the timeline for that resurgence of the the lost cause.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:29 PM   #24495
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
BREAKING: Steven Mnuchin is now flat-out REFUSING to disclose the businesses receiving $500,000,000,000 in bailout funds, claiming the info is "confidential"

4.5 MILLION businesses received government funds. Zero transparency.

Unconscionable, jaw-dropping corruption.
— Public Citizen (@Public_Citizen) June 11, 2020

BUT OBUMMER AND BAILOUTS!!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #24496
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
Gone with the Wind was released in 1939 so it fits the timeline for that resurgence of the the lost cause.

It has more to do with World Wars. Fort Bragg was initially a temporary camp for WW1.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:53 PM   #24497
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName
In other words:

Quote:
Lost cause.

Yeah not at all. I'm not a Lost Cause advocate.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #24498
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The top eight stories on Foxnews.com are about CAPITOL HILL DESCENDING INTO ANARCHY!!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-11-2020 at 12:57 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #24499
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Yeah not at all. I'm not a Lost Cause advocate.

Sorry, I wasn't accusing you of that. I just thought it was funny that 'Lost Cause' was posted just two posts away from your description of the Lost Cause myth but in a totally different context.
Old 06-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #24500
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
The top eight stories on Foxnews.com are about CAPITOL HILL DESCENDING INTO ANARCHY!!

It is laughable. They are making it out to be Manhattan island from Escape from New York.

My dad wrote me last night saying " aren't you glad you don't live in Seattle anymore!!" He then told me Fox News is the only ones reporting on it. I tried to explain to him he should probably wonder why that is, and what message they are trying to get across. He is almost 90 so I doubt it got anywhere.

I just read a Seattle times article. Seems very peaceful to me, and while it is obviously not going to last, they have at least drawn enough attention so that if it ends badly they may be martyrs to some.