Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #24751
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The fake CNN piece Trump tweeted has to be a new low for an American President.

I don't think that phrase means anything anymore.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #24752
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The fake CNN piece Trump tweeted has to be a new low for an American President.
Nah. He's done plenty of things lower than that.
Old 06-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #24753
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If you look across the country, the Dems have done a great job of keeping the left fringe shut out. Whenever there has been a contested primary, the more moderate candidate has won. For all of the media attention the AOC/Bernie crowd gets, they actually have almost no control over the party (much to their frustration).

(Side note. For all our deep analysis on what happened in 2018 and what will happen in 2020, the answer may be as simple as American is a moderate conservative country, and the GOP has moved toward the far right while the Dems have stayed near the center. Basically, the same story that always plays out in American politics despite our natural desire to want our period in history to be unique).

But McGrath is such a bad candidate that she might break that streak.

As for Matt Jones, I would have LOVED for him to run. He's a liberal that can speak to conservatives--a rare breed.

On paper McGrath is the perfect candidate for KY. A very moderate D, female, military fighter pilot...etc.

I've said it before, Booker is exceptionally charismatic. He is commanding a massive build in momentum, but it's really close to the primary. If he grabs it, and he can grab the East, which is vulnerable more now than ever for Mitch, he could really spark something big. It's always been a huge ask, but this state needs a push like this. I'm a solid centrist, but he's hitting the right buttons right now.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:00 PM   #24754
JPhillips
General Manager

The Navy is putting the screws to Capt. Crozier.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/navy-w...-brett-crozier
Old 06-19-2020, 04:22 PM   #24755
RainMaker
General Manager

Both are going to lose to McConnell. McGrath probably gives them the best chance but it looks like she disappeared the past month or so. Booker at least seems to have some highly motivated people behind him.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:25 PM   #24756
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If you look across the country, the Dems have done a great job of keeping the left fringe shut out. Whenever there has been a contested primary, the more moderate candidate has won. For all of the media attention the AOC/Bernie crowd gets, they actually have almost no control over the party (much to their frustration).

Coincidentally, the Democratic Party has no control over the country.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #24757
JPhillips
General Manager

Counterprotesting Juneteenth celebrations is not a good look.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:46 PM   #24758
RainMaker
General Manager

It is on brand for certain people.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:50 PM   #24759
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

All Holidays matter !

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #24760
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Juneteenth celebrations are now acceptable overrides of COVID precautions as well now? Just keeping track we spent Mother's Day in quarantine was told anything else was needlessly killing the elderly. There was discussion yesterday about people in Tulsa needlessly dying. The protests were the exception to the rule, a once a lifetime event. Didn't realize Juneteenth was also more important than life or death.

Last edited by panerd : 06-19-2020 at 04:53 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:20 PM   #24761
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

People probably look at Juneteenth as an extension of those issues. But yeah, as discussed in the other thread we really don't care all that much about Covid anymore.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #24762
Flasch186
Coordinator

The capt crozier debacle continues the con at every corner of this administration.

Everything is a con

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:15 PM   #24763
RainMaker
General Manager

For anyone who thought McConnell was in trouble in November, here is what they will be doing.

Old 06-19-2020, 09:16 PM   #24764
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Some people are so fucking clueless it is pathetic. We just got back from dinner and did a simple toast to Juneteenth (To reiterate I am white and my wife and the two friends we were with are black)

This dumbass next to us makes this comment "I'll be so glad when all this black power shit goes away" Thinking we didn't hear it.

I did and the scene was not pretty. Not necessarily proud of it, but I am just at the point where I am done turning the other cheek to ignorance and when combined with a buzz I was ready to fight and told him so. Thankfully for all involved that he just moved his table from the patio inside because I was ready to unleash years of pent up frustration on his ass.

Again, not at all proud of this because I am generally very chill, but that just triggered me.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #24765
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Some people are so fucking clueless it is pathetic. We just got back from dinner and did a simple toast to Juneteenth (To reiterate I am white and my wife and the two friends we were with are black)

This dumbass next to us makes this comment "I'll be so glad when all this black power shit goes away" Thinking we didn't hear it.

I did and the scene was not pretty. Not necessarily proud of it, but I am just at the point where I am done turning the other cheek to ignorance and when combined with a buzz I was ready to fight and told him so. Thankfully for all involved that he just moved his table from the patio inside because I was ready to unleash years of pent up frustration on his ass.

Again, not at all proud of this because I am generally very chill, but that just triggered me.

Man, sorry you and your wife had to deal with that. Amazing there are so many people out there like that.

Lots of people here likely not facebook friends with you, I will say this for those who aren't, if you really wanted to tangle it would have been a bad night for that guy.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:25 PM   #24766
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
For anyone who thought McConnell was in trouble in November, here is what they will be doing.

The entire state can vote absentee. Wife and I did it. Easy as pie. Took 5 seconds to request online, got it 2 days later, confirmed receipt on Wednesday. Also, starting June 8th people have been able to make appointments to vote at certain places, or can vote this entire week up to primary day at other designated places. There's literally no reason people need to wait until primary day to vote.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #24767
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Man, sorry you and your wife had to deal with that. Amazing there are so many people out there like that.

Lots of people here likely not facebook friends with you, I will say this for those who aren't, if you really wanted to tangle it would have been a bad night for that guy.

Thank you brother, I appreciate it. As I calm down it is just sad we have to continue to deal with this. So much to enjoy and appreciate in this world in regards to different cultures. We really need to learn to love.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:44 PM   #24768
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Thank you brother, I appreciate it. As I calm down it is just sad we have to continue to deal with this. So much to enjoy and appreciate in this world in regards to different cultures. We really need to learn to love.

I grew up in a rural community in Southern Ohio where there was a small number of Black families and a Phillipino doctor surrounded by a sea of white people. I now live in NY and go to NYC somewhat regularly, well at least before the virus. I love the different cultures, food, and languages in NYC. It doesn't scare me or make me angry like so many of my Ohio friends. It really is what makes America great.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #24769
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I grew up in a rural community in Southern Ohio where there was a small number of Black families and a Phillipino doctor surrounded by a sea of white people. I now live in NY and go to NYC somewhat regularly, well at least before the virus. I love the different cultures, food, and languages in NYC. It doesn't scare me or make me angry like so many of my Ohio friends. It really is what makes America great.

Respect
Old 06-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #24770
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The entire state can vote absentee. Wife and I did it. Easy as pie. Took 5 seconds to request online, got it 2 days later, confirmed receipt on Wednesday. Also, starting June 8th people have been able to make appointments to vote at certain places, or can vote this entire week up to primary day at other designated places. There's literally no reason people need to wait until primary day to vote.

In our state, we had the same setup - ballots mailed to everyone, "no reason to vote in person." Not executed perfectly, but nearly everyone had a shot at avoiding health concerns and voting by mail. Many did for sure, but among communities who distrust the government, there were still quite a lot who stood in long lines, put themselves and others at risk, and in many cases were simply unable to cast a ballot. There's not two ways around it - it's not an even distribution of voters who are implicitly left out by please-vote-by-mail (and the dramatically reduced in-person options)...it's disproportionately poor and minority communities, like it or not.

So, this all just fits neatly with voter pre-existing and continuing suppression efforts.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:15 PM   #24771
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

So why have an election day at all? Why only close in precincts that have certain demographics?

You seem to think this is not an issue but the people running the state seem to think it helps their cause.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #24772
JPhillips
General Manager

A rough transcript of tonights events:

Bill Barr: The U.S. Attorney for SDNY is stepping down.

U.S. Atty. SDNY: Oh, the fuck I am!
Old 06-19-2020, 10:32 PM   #24773
Flasch186
Coordinator

With the gop basically saying anything goes I’m not sure how we’ll ever get back to rule of law for a president. If opposites have Congress any investigation or oversight will be deemed politically motivated and any real improprieties will be swept under the rug (like they have been) if the houses and WH align. We’re fucked.

I had a conversation with a guy fairly far on the right that I get along with great and said we’re closer to autocracy than democracy when gambling on the future imo and maybe that’s what we deserve.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:22 PM   #24774
Drake
assmaster

Quote:

You may not be proud of it, but I sure am. Proud of you.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:06 AM   #24775
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I had a conversation with a guy fairly far on the right that I get along with great and said we’re closer to autocracy than democracy when gambling on the future imo and maybe that’s what we deserve.

Think that ship already sailed. We are what we are.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #24776
JPhillips
General Manager

The judge ordered that Bolton's book can be published but that Bolton did expose classified material. If the government wants to, they can probably succeed in taking all of the money Bolton makes from the book.

Oddly, I think that's justice for everyone.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:57 AM   #24777
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
The judge ordered that Bolton's book can be published but that Bolton did expose classified material. If the government wants to, they can probably succeed in taking all of the money Bolton makes from the book.

Oddly, I think that's justice for everyone.
Yup. I hope it stands.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #24778
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
If the government wants to, they can probably succeed in taking all of the money Bolton makes from the book.

Once this possibility is presented to him, how much time/effort/people do you think it will take to convince Trump that he doesn't get the money from this book?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #24779
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
So why have an election day at all? Why only close in precincts that have certain demographics?

You seem to think this is not an issue but the people running the state seem to think it helps their cause.

I didn't say it wasn't a problem and I don't know who it helps or why they did it, other than obvious health concerns for those that have to run the polling places and a lack of volunteers (usually seniors, btw).

We have closed primaries, so restricting Democrats from voting for Democrats helps who? If it's trying to keep Charles Booker from beating McGrath, McGrath has money and the national party behind her, so that doesn't make a ton of sense. Or at least is a gamble at this point at best.

I get the argument in a general election, but in a closed primary? The SOS is a Republican but has worked very well with the Dem Governor and agreed to mailing absentee ballots ,etc., when other states have pushed back. So I don't know what the reason is or why it necessarily would help Republicans (or why, if it's that big an issue, the Dem Governor wouldn't be raising hell). If it's determined at the local level, Louisville is run by Democrats. So the end game here is hard for me to see clearly.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #24780
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think the answer is that whenever polling places are closed, it's because the GOP knows they can't win a fair election and hate all minorities and are therefore trying to cheat. This is true regardless of whether there is a reasonable reason such as staffing/virus concerns to close polling places, regardless of whether absentee ballots are widely available, and certain regardless of who is actually in charge of the relevant jurisdictions.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #24781
Ksyrup

It is certainly true that Republicans are going to win every race they are in. Of course, the same is true of the Democrats, given that this is a closed primary.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #24782
Ksyrup

The video from several days ago of the family camped out at the Trump rally in Tulsa singing some kind of Bob Roberts-inspired Trump song is easily one of the more disturbing non-violent videos I've watched in a long time.
Old 06-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #24783
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
The video from several days ago of the family camped out at the Trump rally in Tulsa singing some kind of Bob Roberts-inspired Trump song is easily one of the more disturbing non-violent videos I've watched in a long time.

It was funnier when I thought they were saying "Fuck Trump!" and were dressed that way ironically.

Then I realized they were actually saying "Go, Trump!" and decided I want to be there in five years when their family is showing that video to potential mates. The cringe will be so hard and so loud, you'll hear joints pop.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #24784
BYU 14
Coordinator

And for those that haven't had a pleasure, 3+ minutes you can never get back

Tulsa Trump Rally: Camille & Haley Sing "Keep America Great" - YouTube
Old 06-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #24785
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't a problem and I don't know who it helps or why they did it, other than obvious health concerns for those that have to run the polling places and a lack of volunteers (usually seniors, btw).

We have closed primaries, so restricting Democrats from voting for Democrats helps who? If it's trying to keep Charles Booker from beating McGrath, McGrath has money and the national party behind her, so that doesn't make a ton of sense. Or at least is a gamble at this point at best.

I get the argument in a general election, but in a closed primary? The SOS is a Republican but has worked very well with the Dem Governor and agreed to mailing absentee ballots ,etc., when other states have pushed back. So I don't know what the reason is or why it necessarily would help Republicans (or why, if it's that big an issue, the Dem Governor wouldn't be raising hell). If it's determined at the local level, Louisville is run by Democrats. So the end game here is hard for me to see clearly.

I think it's a dry run and an attempt to set precedent. Do it again in November, say that it worked just fine in June and there weren't complaints (even if there were). Then claim that well we can't have a do-over anyway, so it has to stand (then if it goes to court, hope that it's upheld a la Bush v Gore.)
Old 06-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #24786
kingfc22
Head Coach

Barr quickly moving up the ranks of most corrupt Trump administration official.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #24787
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Barr quickly moving up the ranks of most corrupt Trump administration official.

And just think how tough it is to make real movement in those rankings

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 03:02 PM   #24788
Ben E Lou

What an utter dumpster fire.

Old 06-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #24789
Ksyrup

On second thought, this "rally" might end up being the best thing Trump has ever done. As of 30 minutes ago, pics of the arena look like a Poison show circa 1995 and the outdoor area has a couple dozen people - Pence/Trump no long going to speak at the "outdoor experience."
Old 06-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #24790
Ksyrup

Even if it fills up, this is hardly the 800,000, overflow crowds they had hoped to showcase.

I'm sure the spinning will begin shortly. Lamestream media scared off everyone with fake virus news.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #24791
Ksyrup

Oh wait, it's the protesters' faults! The only one I saw got arrested - and she had a ticket!

Old 06-20-2020, 06:14 PM   #24792
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

But she was super scary.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #24793
Ksyrup

On a positive note, I guess masks aren't necessary when everyone has enough room to be 6 feet from each other.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #24794
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
On second thought, this "rally" might end up being the best thing Trump has ever done. As of 30 minutes ago, pics of the arena look like a Poison show circa 1995 and the outdoor area has a couple dozen people - Pence/Trump no long going to speak at the "outdoor experience."

I was wondering - has Trump ever done any walk-amongst-the-people, shake hands type rallies, as opposed to speaking at people? I don't remember many, but I could be wrong. (The thought stems from those who claim - and I agree with them - that Trump wouldn't be caught dead with the people he claims to champion.)
Old 06-20-2020, 06:39 PM   #24795
Jas_lov
College Starter

What happened to a million tickets sold? Good thing a lot of people stayed home and safe.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #24796
Ksyrup

Someone's been posting since June 15th that thousands of teens across the country ordered tickets to artificially inflate the number of requested tickets. I have no clue if that's true because I just assumed that the 800K to 1M tweets were lies. It would be hilarious if they were actually fooled into believing that many tickets were legitimately requested, and then had the rug pulled.

I mean, you almost have to believe they believed it because the first rule of this kind of thing is you don't oversell and overbook if you can't deliver, right? Video of them taking down the outdoor stage is like Dukakis in a tank. I bet Lincoln Project already has a new commercial ready...

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-20-2020 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #24797
Ben E Lou

Quote:
On a positive note, I guess masks aren't necessary when everyone has enough room to be 6 feet from each other.

Old 06-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #24798
Ksyrup

Someone tweeted, "I had more people at a BBQ during quarantine." Ha!
Old 06-20-2020, 06:55 PM   #24799
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Someone's been posting since June 15th that thousands of teens across the country ordered tickets to artificially inflate the number of requested tickets. I have no clue if that's true because I just assumed that the 800K to 1M tweets were lies. It would be hilarious if they were actually fooled into believing that many tickets were legitimately requested, and then had the rug pulled.

I mean, you almost have to believe they believed it because the first rule of this kind of thing is you don't oversell and overbook if you can't deliver, right? Video of them taking down the outdoor stage is like Dukakis in a tank. I bet Lincoln Project already has a new commercial ready...

I mentioned the 1 million number to wife a bit ago and she told me there was a huge push from influencers on tiktok to get people to request tickets.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #24800
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yep, he's blaming "protestors" and the media for the lack of the arena filling. It looks faaaaar under capacity.

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/sta...960629760?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk