The silent majority is also invisible!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:13 PM   #24802
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Someone tweeted, "I had more people at a BBQ during quarantine." Ha!

I saw one claiming more people at Marlins games.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #24803
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Old 06-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #24804
JPhillips
General Manager

Nobody thinks Trump voters are more stupid than conservative media does.

Old 06-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #24805
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Imagine if you camped out and slept on the concrete sidewalk for 3 days this week.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:37 PM   #24806
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
“So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please!’”

God almighty.
Old 06-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #24807
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

Uhh, what?

Old 06-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #24808
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

16 minutes ranting/explaining the ramp walk and water drinking episodes. I know people were critical of Lincoln Project for going there but it was effective for one reason - Trump can't let crap like that go and just punches himself in the balls demonstrating how pathetic he is every single time.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #24809
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The overflow area is super bare (like less than 20 folks). And Trump is speaking to 5-10k people inside.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #24810
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
16 minutes ranting/explaining the ramp walk and water drinking episodes. I know people were critical of Lincoln Project for going there but it was effective for one reason - Trump can't let crap like that go and just punches himself in the balls demonstrating how pathetic he is every single time.

Somebody said that if the campaign were a game Biden would be a mini-boss and the ramp would be the final boss.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:17 PM   #24811
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
God almighty.

But this is the genius of Trump. He's a Rorschach's test, especially to those who follow him. See what you want to see.

In the CNN live feed about it:
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...oma/index.html

Quote:
“He was obviously kidding. We are leading the world in testing and have conducted 25 million+ in testing,” the official told CNN.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #24812
JPhillips
General Manager

Watching various conservatives praise Trump's ability to drink water with one hand is fun.
Old 06-20-2020, 09:49 PM   #24813
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It will be fun to watch conservatives all say over the next 24 hours that Trump wasn't serious about ordering reduced testing. Then for Trump to tweet that of course he was serious. Then for those same conservatives to all then defend him saying that of course he ordered less testing because the fake news was just using testing numbers to make him look bad.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 10:08 PM   #24814
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
It will be fun to watch conservatives all say over the next 24 hours that Trump wasn't serious about ordering reduced testing. Then for Trump to tweet that of course he was serious. Then for those same conservatives to all then defend him saying that of course he ordered less testing because the fake news was just using testing numbers to make him look bad.

Snopes says true.
Old 06-20-2020, 10:26 PM   #24815
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

100%
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:18 PM   #24816
tarcone
Coordinator

Is Kung Fu a racist term? I thought it was a martial art.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 11:29 PM   #24817
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if you are being serious, but he said KungFlu in reference to Covid 19

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 03:21 AM   #24818
whomario
Pro Starter

Someone explain to me the sense in these campaign rallies where you generally speak only in fron of people that will vote for you anyway ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:27 AM   #24819
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Someone explain to me the sense in these campaign rallies where you generally speak only in fron of people that will vote for you anyway ?

he needs to feel validated. This is where he can be told "Yes Mr President, you're right! Keep it up" and not have those damn newsies get in the way.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:21 AM   #24820
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Campaign rallies predate Trump by just a hair. Media coverage, inspiring the faithful to go out and do whatever (voter registration, talk to people they know and convince them to vote, etc.), and there are some who go to the rallies who weren't necessarily intending to vote for a candidate as well. A small minority but it does happen.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:24 AM   #24821
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Campaign rallies predate Trump by just a hair. Media coverage, inspiring the faithful to go out and do whatever (voter registration, talk to people they know and convince them to vote, etc.), and there are some who go to the rallies who weren't necessarily intending to vote for a candidate as well. A small minority but it does happen.

Klan rallies too, but he seems to have brought them back in fashion.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:26 AM   #24822
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kind of how I feel after a long day, too. But this isn't the image that you want out there if you are Trump.

The one thing that his supporters will not tolerate is being associated with weakness.

I think that Trump could shoot a guy on 5th Avenue and keep his base's approval.

But if he says "Man, I feel bad about shooting that guy; I probably shouldn't have done that," that's when people start to leave.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:30 AM   #24823
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

I also can't help but note that 30,000,000 Americans losing their jobs didn't seems to phase him one bit.

But one rally having lower than expected attendance seems to have nearly broken him.

We've gone from Clinton's "I feel your pain" to Trump's "I do not believe that people other than me are capable of feeling pain"
Old 06-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #24824
QuikSand
lolzcat

Stewed on this a bit... is it possible that "slow the testing" might actually become a plank in the Trump message from here? Are we really that far gone?
Old 06-21-2020, 09:54 AM   #24825
PilotMan
Head Coach

Why bother slowing? Why not simply call for it to stop at this point?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #24826
QuikSand
lolzcat

...also have another longer thought not yet fully developed about "dehumanizing" that seems to connect to several things we've seen recently... references to protestors, talking about police as hot knives through butter and chokeholds as beautiful, and dismissing illnesses as numbers, that sort of thing... eventually winding its way around to the flood of ads i get for murder-the-zombies genre game, which seems to have some similar psych elements to "those people are not really people"... maybe it will come together at some point...heaven knows the fuel will be there
Old 06-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #24827
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't a problem and I don't know who it helps or why they did it, other than obvious health concerns for those that have to run the polling places and a lack of volunteers (usually seniors, btw).

We have closed primaries, so restricting Democrats from voting for Democrats helps who? If it's trying to keep Charles Booker from beating McGrath, McGrath has money and the national party behind her, so that doesn't make a ton of sense. Or at least is a gamble at this point at best.

I get the argument in a general election, but in a closed primary? The SOS is a Republican but has worked very well with the Dem Governor and agreed to mailing absentee ballots ,etc., when other states have pushed back. So I don't know what the reason is or why it necessarily would help Republicans (or why, if it's that big an issue, the Dem Governor wouldn't be raising hell). If it's determined at the local level, Louisville is run by Democrats. So the end game here is hard for me to see clearly.

Here in Georgia, the primary also included decisive elections for "non-partisan" races for Supreme Court, County Commissioner, Sherriff, and many other races.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #24828
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Stage One Proceeding On Schedule: White House Official: Trump Was Just Joking About Stifling COVID Testing!
Old 06-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #24829
Ksyrup

The Emptysburgh Address. Ha! Lincoln Project is doing it all for Biden.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-21-2020, 11:34 AM   #24830
JPhillips
General Manager

I like, "I Have a Drink."
Old 06-21-2020, 01:14 PM   #24831
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

lol

Old 06-21-2020, 01:18 PM   #24832
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
dola

lol

LOL, Joe's new campaign slogan, "I am not a whiney Bitch" classic!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #24833
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...571278342?s=19

It was so bad, Chris Wallace on Fox News was calling them out

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #24834
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Klan rallies too, but he seems to have brought them back in fashion.

I remember when it considered the greatest thing ever to see the reaction candidate/'citizen of the world' Barack Obama got in Berlin. Where they can't even vote for the US president.

My, how things have changed.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:24 PM   #24835
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Given the public protests going on around the world, Trumps' "make America great again" slogan has got to be considered something that is no longer appropriate to say? To me it's a text book example of how to insult large groups of people. Four years ago I thought it was just an insult to 2/3rd of 960M people in America and outside the USA, but I suppose it has to be a slap in the face of a lot of people inside the USA as well now.

Side note: visiting the English Wikipedia page of "America" didn't make my mood any better. For whatever reason, Wikipedia has taken a political stance on the subject, to divert from being factual and specifically have a different English language page compared to other languages'. Yes, I sent an e-mail. I didn't call it propaganda and censure, but it reeks of it. The kind we all claim to only know from countries like Russia, China, Iran, Turkey and North Korea.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #24836
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Given the public protests going on around the world, Trumps' "make America great again" slogan has got to be considered something that is no longer appropriate to say? To me it's a text book example of how to insult large groups of people. Four years ago I thought it was just an insult to 2/3rd of 960M people in America and outside the USA, but I suppose it has to be a slap in the face of a lot of people inside the USA as well now.

It's been considered to be a racist term for a while. Not the phrase itself, but that anyone using it is racist
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #24837
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Side note: visiting the English Wikipedia page of "America" didn't make my mood any better. For whatever reason, Wikipedia has taken a political stance on the subject, to divert from being factual and specifically have a different English language page compared to other languages'. Yes, I sent an e-mail. I didn't call it propaganda and censure, but it reeks of it. The kind we all claim to only know from countries like Russia, China, Iran, Turkey and North Korea.

Ok, I'm game - so what's going on? I mean I tried to go onto the Talk page but it's like a mile long. Like how can you tell that there are different pages for different languages

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:28 PM   #24838
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump's new ad slams Biden for being old and weak...

It's seriously like the Trump campaign is an offense that runs 3 plays.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #24839
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump's new ad slams Biden for being old and weak...

It's seriously like the Trump campaign is an offense that runs 3 plays.

Trump really has no effective attacks on Biden at the moment.
Old 06-21-2020, 10:47 PM   #24840
PilotMan
Head Coach

I saw that one. I laughed and laughed. Like this is the best they got? Like this guy is the one that is running on the "he's too old" line? LMFAO

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 04:04 AM   #24841
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #24842
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump really has no effective attacks on Biden at the moment.

I've seen some right wing arguments that Biden is old and feeble, so he will be a "Weekend at Bernie's" President, while AOC and Antifa really run the country behind the scenes.

Which is a pretty bad argument if you think about it for more than 10 seconds because it pretty much concedes that Biden himself is actually fine.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #24843
Ksyrup

Trump re-engaging with the "election is rigged" game this morning on Twitter. I've felt this way for a couple of years, but I feel like we're in a lose/lose situation come November - either he wins and we're screwed, or he loses and tries to recruit 30% of the country to tear it down on his way out.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #24844
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've seen some right wing arguments that Biden is old and feeble, so he will be a "Weekend at Bernie's" President, while AOC and Antifa really run the country behind the scenes.

Which is a pretty bad argument if you think about it for more than 10 seconds because it pretty much concedes that Biden himself is actually fine.

Unless they can get the election to be more of a referendum on AOC/Antifa than Trump or Biden.

It kind of reminds me of the GOP strategy to take back the house in 2010. In many races they didn't attack the opening house candidates directly. They attacked Pelosi and made the race a referendum on her. After all any democratic house member was going to vote for her for speaker regardless of what they other positions they stood for.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #24845
JPhillips
General Manager

But that's unlikely to work. Trump is the incumbent and it's a Presidential election. It's going to be very hard to make the election about anything other than Trump. Trying to tie Biden to the far left also will be very difficult because he just beat the far-left candidate. Trump is also complicating things by trying to simultaneously get to Biden's right and left.

edit: I don't think Trump has a chance outside of voter suppression and B.S. from the DoJ. But with that, he could win again.

Last edited by JPhillips : 06-22-2020 at 09:19 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #24846
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But that's unlikely to work. Trump is the incumbent and it's a Presidential election. It's going to be very hard to make the election about anything other than Trump. Trying to tie Biden to the far left also will be very difficult because he just beat the far-left candidate. Trump is also complicating things by trying to simultaneously get to Biden's right and left.

edit: I don't think Trump has a chance outside of voter suppression and B.S. from the DoJ. But with that, he could win again.

No doubt it would be pretty difficult but it would move the fight to a more favorable battleground.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:30 AM   #24847
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Trump re-engaging with the "election is rigged" game this morning on Twitter. I've felt this way for a couple of years, but I feel like we're in a lose/lose situation come November - either he wins and we're screwed, or he loses and tries to recruit 30% of the country to tear it down on his way out.

I've always thought there is an outside chance he is actually done and would love to go on the post presidential money grab/running his own right wing 24 hour news network. Not so sure he wouldn't happily leave the White House.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:50 AM   #24848
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I've always thought there is an outside chance he is actually done and would love to go on the post presidential money grab/running his own right wing 24 hour news network. Not so sure he wouldn't happily leave the White House.

I do think that he's rather not be President than be President.

But he also cannot handle losing.

So even though he might be happy to go, he'll still burn the place down on his way out by claiming voter fraud.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:59 AM   #24849
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I do think that he's rather not be President than be President.

But he also cannot handle losing.

So even though he might be happy to go, he'll still burn the place down on his way out by claiming voter fraud.

Oh yeah he won't go quietly. However much to the chagrin of a large chunk of this board I don't think the reaction will be the country burning. In fact there really is only one extreme end of either political party that has burned down cities and taken over part of a major metropolis. A black president was elected and the "silent racist majority" didn't do anything like we have seen in the past several weeks. My fear would be the country burning due to a Trump reelection.

Not to be misinterpreted as my wanting anything but a new President. My personal preference would be Jorgensen then Biden. Just feel like it's hard to claim one extreme side won't take the election results seriously when another extreme side has already stooped to lawlessness and anarchy.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #24850
bronconick
College Starter

If he loses badly, he'll leave office early and leave Pence to do the transition for a pardon. New York State will have to chase him down if they want him.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote