claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Kittens win!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #2202
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

dangerion gets lynched he was the loldog!

( you didnt theink there would be a balence? too abd it took so long to come out, and was foregone conclusions)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #2203
RendeR
Coordinator

*lynches clap for being irritiatingly entertaining....*
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #2204
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I mus say I never would have guessed it went like that. the wolves had EVERYTHING go wrong for them, and still made it close in the end.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM   #2205
The Jackal
Coordinator

of course i couldn't make it until the end, damned dogs

nice game, clap, i never doubted you'd have ways to balance things out
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #2206
RendeR
Coordinator

Finally.

Is it possible to feel as if we lost even in victory? =)
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #2207
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Finally.

Is it possible to feel as if we lost even in victory? =)

Just ask yourself this.. did you think you'd make it to the end after that double-reveal day?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #2208
st.cronin
General Manager

I would like to know why the wolves killed the players they did.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #2209
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think it's pretty astounding that we had two wolves on the lynch block on day 1 in two straight games.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #2210
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

actaully if dan had not used all his bonus votes when he didnt need to, he coulda won! (less lolvotes next game me thinks!)

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #2211
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I would like to know why the wolves killed the players they did.

whic ones?

when lathum got lynched, dan used all his lol votes to swing it to lathum (look in the thread)

Mccollins could do the sam thing too, so could hinze had he not died, oh yeah and CW was a lol too

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #2212
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Just ask yourself this.. did you think you'd make it to the end after that double-reveal day?

That day i didn't thin I'd survice the night. Assuming thy'd either lynch me or night kill me to foment even more chaos.

this is only the second game I've survived to the very end on the winning side!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #2213
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

it didnt help hat the wolves basically gave up day 3

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #2214
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think he means more the CR and Pass kills.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #2215
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I was an lol?

I take it I never actually got 'activated'?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #2216
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
whic ones?

when lathum got lynched, dan used all his lol votes to swing it to lathum (look in the thread)

Mccollins could do the sam thing too, so could hinze had he not died, oh yeah and CW was a lol too

Chief Rum
Passacaglia
mccollins - why was he picked for a night attack? And why was he the target of the brutal wolf, when it seemed like there better candidates (like oliegirl)

knives out
Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #2217
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

to activate you needed to be night killed, like mccolins, and dan got activated by being lycnhed. I was looking forward to that happending sooner, and seeing if he could play it off as a duking....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #2218
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm just pleased with myself for having every single one of my votes be on a dog.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #2219
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh.

At least I survived for the first time ever as a villager.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #2220
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Chief Rum
Passacaglia
mccollins - why was he picked for a night attack? And why was he the target of the brutal wolf, when it seemed like there better candidates (like oliegirl)

collins was the drutal target cuz they didnt think there was any other way to kill him (dan could have night killed him)

CR and pass I have to go back and look

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:34 PM   #2221
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

do you mean why were they picked? the wolves were conviced they had no chance, so they were pickgin people they KNEW wouldnt be protected, they shoudl have killed Olie the nigth that colins was paralyzed and both BGs were unabel to protect her.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #2222
hoopsguy
General Manager

Clap, if you are going to answer for us you can:
a.) at least represent our train of thought
b.) not say "we should have done this" when we didn't have anything close to that kind of info available

We went after Olie the day we did because the CoT was already huge and we thought if it went any bigger that we were flat screwed. Had we known there were multiple BGs, and that McCollins could also guard, we would have reluctantly gone elsewhere.

With Chief and Pass, we thought our only chance of getting a win was to find some kind of alternate victory condition. We weren't going to win a conventional game, so we had to find some type of anti-McCollins to help tilt the odds in our favor. We knew what a ton of people's roles were, thanks to the massive trust list. So we took shots at the uncleared people, basically hunting a miracle that we didn't find.

Also, it helped accelerate the end of a hopeless game if we didn't find our anti-LOLcat.

I guess the last reason is that I hoped we could somewhat undermine faith in the trust list, but no one seemed to give it any serious thought.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #2223
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
actaully if dan had not used all his bonus votes when he didnt need to, he coulda won! (less lolvotes next game me thinks!)

Yeah I didn't really fully understand what I was doing till then, and I was in the middle of teaching a class and also trying to figure out how to save myself.

I'm actually coming around on this game, although it still requires a little more time then I can usually dedicate. It was nice killing so many of you at the end...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #2224
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Good game all. Strange game with the twists.

To answer some questions:
Night one, I can't remember why it was Alan. I was hoping for cronin if I recall correctly.

Night two, I thought mccollins was the seer, or maybe even a BG.

Now it's looking tough for us as there is no lynch on day one and no night kill day two and we lose a wolf. Worst yet is it was the chihuahua. I had hoped we would keep PB from getting into much but there was an early run on him and he happened to chose the wrong person to fake scan. We were hoping that he would make it through the fake reveal and get scanned that night, possibly drawing out the real seer.

It seemed to go from bad to worse after that when there was an attack on olie (I was hoping that we would try to go after a different target but we went with the maybe they'll try to overthink the attack move). That attack revealed two people guarding her. We felt that we were really screwed at that point (and who wouldn't at this point when there is one person immune to attack and now what look like two body guards).

I started pushing the 3rd team thing at this point. Hoping to confuse thing a little (hell I almost started to get myself to believe it ). I also tried to heavily defend RendeR but that seemed to go un-noticed. My reasoning here was the rift that started after his reveal and thinking that he may get lynched. I was hoping that I could swing my position a little if that happened. The other reason being is if I were lynched next he may be the target after me if I seemed too into keeping him around.

We began going after uncleared victims as we already saw two body guards out there so we were hoping for unprotected targets and a chance to swing the opinion against oliegirl with the arguement that she only produced one wolf with all her scans at that point and that was a basically known wolf.

I was probably getting on hoops nerves with my PM's though...

I did enjoy my last morning though it was looking like I may not have been able to continue to post as I was in a meeting during that but had my laptop and was luckily in a seat near the end. Our VP almost pulled up a seat next to me but then got a call and when he came back in the meeting was on so he sat near the door where he came in the room. That would have ruined my fun.

I just realized that I really suck at this game. I think I am something like 1-5.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #2225
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Alan T was cuz it was his B day right?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #2226
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I played most of this game as an onlooker as I pretty much was killed before I invested too much time.. So I feel fairly impartial in saying that I think having so many bodyguards really hurt the wolves chances at winning this game. The only way the wolves could have survived multiple bodyguards would have been to put seeds of doubt into the good guys to one of the bodyguards lying.

Since the Seer was still alive and able to clear all of them (due to there being so many bodyguards to keep her alive), that pretty much cut out the chance of the seeds of doubt needed to get past the multiple bodyguards.

If PurdueBrad could have been left alive longer, and avoided all of the early heat where he didn't have to make a fake reveal that ended up blowing up in his face it could have made things closer.. he easily could have revealed as something later in the game and caused all kinds of problems as he used the seer scan against the good guys.. That didn't happen either though which was unfortunate for them.

As for my night kill, I actually assumed that was going to happen. People wonder why sometimes I play really abrasive and in your face as a villager.. it is because every time I don't the wolves usually think I am trying to play it cool to protect some kind of role.. which most of the older players probably know by now that I don't really ever do. This game I wasn't killed because of that, but I had figured I had as good of a chance as anyone of dying.. so made the most of it I guess

The one thing I was kicking myself over was the next day I was all ready to go gung ho mode after PurdueBrad again just because of how some things went down on day 1. I held off on saying as much though because I figured I would die and if I was wrong about PurdueBrad, I didnt want to be the cause of a witchhunt that I didn't even participate in. Oh well
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #2227
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola.. and I think when I died, I had a guess of which people were the wolves and the only one I was right on was PurdueBrad
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #2228
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, I found my cat! Apparently one of my neighbors' kids' tutor took her because he thought she was stray. And he was about to give her away too, so it was a good thing I was standing outside randomly when she was there. Whew.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #2229
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I played most of this game as an onlooker as I pretty much was killed before I invested too much time.. So I feel fairly impartial in saying that I think having so many bodyguards really hurt the wolves chances at winning this game. The only way the wolves could have survived multiple bodyguards would have been to put seeds of doubt into the good guys to one of the bodyguards lying.

Since the Seer was still alive and able to clear all of them (due to there being so many bodyguards to keep her alive), that pretty much cut out the chance of the seeds of doubt needed to get past the multiple bodyguards.

If PurdueBrad could have been left alive longer, and avoided all of the early heat where he didn't have to make a fake reveal that ended up blowing up in his face it could have made things closer.. he easily could have revealed as something later in the game and caused all kinds of problems as he used the seer scan against the good guys.. That didn't happen either though which was unfortunate for them.

As for my night kill, I actually assumed that was going to happen. People wonder why sometimes I play really abrasive and in your face as a villager.. it is because every time I don't the wolves usually think I am trying to play it cool to protect some kind of role.. which most of the older players probably know by now that I don't really ever do. This game I wasn't killed because of that, but I had figured I had as good of a chance as anyone of dying.. so made the most of it I guess

The one thing I was kicking myself over was the next day I was all ready to go gung ho mode after PurdueBrad again just because of how some things went down on day 1. I held off on saying as much though because I figured I would die and if I was wrong about PurdueBrad, I didnt want to be the cause of a witchhunt that I didn't even participate in. Oh well

one of the wolves was unblockable....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:28 PM   #2230
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
one of the wolves was unblockable....

Yeah but only one. And it was the one that didn't know what he was doing...

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #2231
hoopsguy
General Manager

I didn't want to take out Alan on account of his birthday - I wanted to take out a guy I thought was/is an excellent villager who is influential within these game. As early as possible. I pushed for Alan, and there was really no problem with that lynch in comparison with virtually every other decision we made.

I don't think the two BGs was the most challenging thing - it was that there were four other LOLcats out there, and the first one we attacked was going to be uber-powerful. So that is 4/13 villagers who won't be killed if we attack them at night. That, on top of two bodyguards, is really tough, in my opinion.

If we understood which of our wolves was a badass, we could have acted differently. And I guess if we had figured that one of the three generic ones was a badass we could have played differently in terms of executing kills.

Anyway, tons of villager roles + early/wide CoT made this one really harsh for us, even with a LOLdog unknowingly in our back pocket.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:14 PM   #2232
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Thanks for the game clap and screw you dang for killing me, it is so rare I make it to the end as a villager.

I agree with alan, the amount of BG protectiond seemed to throw things off. I could actualy sense the wolves frustrations at not being able to kill Olie
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #2233
st.cronin
General Manager

I suspect that part of having 2 bodyguards is the idea that one or both will end up lynched if they reveal - which very easily could have happened.

I enjoyed the game, thanks clap.

knives out
Old 06-07-2008, 10:28 AM   #2234
The Jackal
Coordinator

If RendeR had revealed first I bet we would've lynched sea lion.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:33 AM   #2235
The Jackal
Coordinator

Though that double scan that olie had nixed that, I suppose.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #2236
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I still think mccollins was a wolf.
Old 06-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #2237
mccollins
College Prospect

mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote