Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #1101
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I fucking new it. If you guys would have just went my way and killed danny when you had a chance, you might have won. I put my foot in my mouth a few times and danny just stayed cool that whole day I died.

I knew it was Schmidty, too the day I died. It was so dumb. LOL

Every other list you posted was spot on, but then you immediately posted another one that was wrong .
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #1102
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Damnit Bug you played great. You almost had it! Seems you couldn't win today. Inactivity kinda hosed the village all week. And I must say after following this all week...Danny/Schmidty was one combination I never suspected.

I agree, great finish by Mr. Bug. I'm not even sure Tyrith came on to possibly change, but I think Mr. Bug out argued me the last day. I'm better as a villager.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #1103
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Schmidty's unvote of Telle made be think perhaps you were right, Danny. That Schmidty was a wolf. Bug was really good although got into the "this was your master plan, Danny" argument a little. THat also reads as wolf to me. But there can't be 4 wolves.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #1104
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Danny, you SOB...both you and Narc selling me out, lol. Well playing, construction workers. I pretty much screwed myself the day I got canned otherwise we might have had a shot. Rough game for the villagers either way.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #1105
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Danny, I was trying so damn hard to get you off my back the day you killed me I just was spraying bullets everywhere at that time. lol

Horrible.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #1106
MrBug708
Head Coach

I thought if we got Danny, I would have gone Telle, Schmidty and I had hoped that Tyrith would have sided with me, but I think once Telle would have been lynched, I dont think I would have made it that last day.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:05 PM   #1107
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I thought if we got Danny, I would have gone Telle, Schmidty and I had hoped that Tyrith would have sided with me, but I think once Telle would have been lynched, I dont think I would have made it that last day.

Yeah I figured Telle would be lynched for sure if I went down. A big part of my argument was at least trying to give us a shot if I went down.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #1108
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Danny, you SOB...both you and Narc selling me out, lol. Well playing, construction workers. I pretty much screwed myself the day I got canned otherwise we might have had a shot. Rough game for the villagers either way.

Packer, you had my favorite line of the whole game once Narcizo was lynched:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
You son of a...

They really put the screws to you for sure.

After that it was dwardzala's exit line as the physicist after HIS lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post
I may be dead, but I'm still smarter than the rest of you.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #1109
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, with a no vote from a villager, we had no way to win today, so I don't feel bad about the ultimate result. And I'm pleased I came to the right conclusion, at the end of the day.

If we had lynched Danny today I would have voted for MrBug and I don't really have a clue after that.

I intentionally didn't get in the thread today because I didn't want there to be confusion with the vote with the weekend schedule and everything going on. I made my choice last night, and there was no way for me to come off it - barring some obvious, flagrant gaff by the wolves, there are so many ways to explain a vote sequence it wouldn't matter. If Telle logged in she would have had to vote for Danny and we'd be fine. I kind of figured that whoever I didn't vote for would all follow me whatever I did, so it wasn't worth trying to figure out yet.

Danny and Narc, that whole day 6/7 scheme was very nicely contrived - I had to stare at it a long time to see through it, and I could have easily been wrong there. Very well done, though, even if it shouldn't have worked :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:49 PM   #1110
MrBug708
Head Coach

See, I still don't see which move I made that was even a wolf move, I stayed pretty neutral, though I do buy CF's thoughts of a conspiracy and Danny just never wwanted to straight out for Schmidty.

Now Schmidty, what would have happened if he counted your vote? I would assume you would have ran with Tyrith voting against me on that last day?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #1111
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Whoot!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #1112
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Now Schmidty, what would have happened if he counted your vote? I would assume you would have ran with Tyrith voting against me on that last day?

Do you mean the 7:01 vote? I purposely waited until right when it hit 7:01 to change my vote. I wanted to have something to fall back on tomorrow in case the tie didn't work out for us tonight. I figured I could have just pretended to have made a bonehead mistake, and hopefully make it through tomorrow.

I was refreshing frantically and had my post copied and then quickly pasted it when the forum said 7:01.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #1113
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hey, scientists, gotta question - why did you nk me?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 PM   #1114
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, well done game everyone. I really goofed it for the scientists, it hadn't occurred to me that I'd be out day one and that really threw me off. I'm glad at least the other wolves won it. The village has had some really strong games lately, and so it was interesting to see them take a challenging game on like this.

I will post sign-ups sometime Monday for the next game. It's a big game with a cool theme, I think, so get psyched!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 11:34 PM   #1115
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

They really put the screws to you for sure.

Ha, they really did!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #1116
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Okay, Abe...fess up! That whole calling the numbers was total BS wasn't it!
Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #1117
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Bit of a sucky way to win the game if Telle didn't even realise that the deadline was last night but who cares, I'll take it! I think Danny set it up so Telle might vote MrBug anyway and then Schmidty would just have to make his last minute switch.

I'm shocked that no-one discounted the Danny-Narcizo wolf combo for being such a stupid wolf play because it really was. We should have just chipped away at some other villagers first but I completely jumped the gun on day six and went in way too hard on Danny. Should have waited around for Danny to check in so I could at least ok it with him. I'd pretty much decided that we had to sacrifice one of us to try and get some trust and originally I was thinking Danny but after I screwed that up and Packer was voting Telle I just channeled my inner-villager and thought to myself "if I was a villager I'd be really suspicious of Packer about this" so I went that way. I also hoped it would make people suspicious of Telle later on when I came up wolf but no-one seems to have picked up on that. Danny and Schmidty were both supposed to vote me that day, I'm still not sure why Danny switched to Packer - maybe to make sure I could make the night kill on Hoops.

I think the village had a really hard time with the doors - that was probably too difficult. What I would have suggested as a villager would be that people take turns choosing a door and everyone voted for that door. That should have meant that the wolves couldn't offset the result. But I don't honestly think there was any way the village was going to escape the cube really. I think the division of villagers/wolves was about even and in-line with what I was expecting before the game started. Only one night kill and three villager roles had the potential to make the game close to impossible for the wolves - particularly after the other team used their kill on us. Hoops really helped us out by night killing one of the roles but that was just dumb luck. Without that there's no way we could have won.

Anyway, good game Jackal. I like the 2-team concept and I love end games like this, although it would have been nice with a scientist in the mix as well to muddy the waters even more.

This was one of my best villager games ever - probably helped me a bit as I could take on the role of a villager till day four and not come over like a wolf. I did alright as a wolf but I still have to learn to make things easier rather than complicate them as much as possible.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #1118
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I don't actually know, it took me as much by surprise as anyone else, but I'm guessing it wasn't. Too dangerous otherwise - what if someone else rings to check.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:09 AM   #1119
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh and here's the path of my "certainty" about who the last scientist is.

Definitely Zinto - Zinto comes up as Duke - Definitely Tyrith - Tyrith reveals as bodyguard - Definitely Packer - Packer is lynched as a villager - Probably Mau - Ultra-Paranoid Maybe Tyrith - Definitely Mau.

The lesson to be learnt here is that if at first you don't succede - try, try again.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:21 AM   #1120
Schmidty
Coordinator

Narcizo pretty much carried me for a huge part of the game. I was having personal illness problems for awhile and couldn't really be around much. Narcizo was PMing like crazy, pretty much thinking for me. Embarrassing a bit, but true. I was pretty much useless most (maybe all) of this game, so I'm just happy I was able to be put on a team with such great players.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:56 AM   #1121
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Happy Birthday Packerfanatic!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #1122
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

+1 Just noticed that as well.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #1123
Danny
Head Coach

Narcizo I switched my vote to Packer cause the chance was there to take out another villager and I took it. With limited night kills, we have to capitalize on every possible villager lynch. And if we stayed with you, Packer would have gained a lot of trust and been hard to lynch going forward. Especially considering that switch didn't cause me any backlack, it was definitely the right move.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 AM   #1124
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Narcizo pretty much carried me for a huge part of the game. I was having personal illness problems for awhile and couldn't really be around much. Narcizo was PMing like crazy, pretty much thinking for me. Embarrassing a bit, but true. I was pretty much useless most (maybe all) of this game, so I'm just happy I was able to be put on a team with such great players.

Yeah, I wasn't as active as I would normally be the first few days and Narc really carried us.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #1125
Danny
Head Coach

Happy birthday Packer! Too bad the game isn't still going on or we could lynch you today.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #1126
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Happy birthday Packer! Too bad the game isn't still going on or we could lynch you today.

What a b-day present that would be :-P

Thanks guys!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:21 AM   #1127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nope! I totally did it.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #1128
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

+Abe

Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #1129
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Abe,

We ended up nk you because we felt you were going to be a tough villager and had you and tyrith aspire choices. In hindsight it was a good move as our nk may have been blocked. I had feeling from both of you that you had important roles.

Fyi I really hate Danny. LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM   #1130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Abe,

We ended up nk you because we felt you were going to be a tough villager and had you and tyrith aspire choices. In hindsight it was a good move as our nk may have been blocked. I had feeling from both of you that you had important roles.

Fyi I really hate Danny. LOL

Yeah, I was really proud of my thread-game but unfortunately, it meant my death!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #1131
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Wow, well done game everyone. I really goofed it for the scientists, it hadn't occurred to me that I'd be out day one and that really threw me off. I'm glad at least the other wolves won it. The village has had some really strong games lately, and so it was interesting to see them take a challenging game on like this.

I will post sign-ups sometime Monday for the next game. It's a big game with a cool theme, I think, so get psyched!

I think we had one of the worst days in living memory the day the rooms split - I put a late vote on dward that I took back off because Danny and CF put on on at the exact same time and at the same time, you were putting the key vote in the other thread. From that point on, as soon as dward went down we were obvious choices to be next.

I really, really suck at being a wolf. Couldn't have made a worse move if I'd have tried.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:24 AM   #1132
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I took all the blame for that. YOu were warning us in PMs about that, and I just wasn't putting the time in to make a good move and avoid the catastrophe you foresaw.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #1133
Telle
College Starter

Sorry guys.. I didn't realize we were going with a weekend deadline. I would have voted Danny.. but I doubt we would have gotten Schmidty in the end.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #1134
Tyrith
College Starter

I would have been voting for Schmidty the next day for refusing to fall into line after the deadline tricks, now that I've reflected on it.

Danny, the late switchback was what ultimately put me over the line into thinking the whole D6 thing was a complicated ploy.

I honestly stopped caring about the doors after no one could crack them - it seemed like whatever the criteria was, it was going to be too complicated for us. It's hard to balance something like that, because it can't be super easy, but I would agree that this one was too hard.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #1135
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I would have been voting for Schmidty the next day for refusing to fall into line after the deadline tricks, now that I've reflected on it.

Danny, the late switchback was what ultimately put me over the line into thinking the whole D6 thing was a complicated ploy.

I honestly stopped caring about the doors after no one could crack them - it seemed like whatever the criteria was, it was going to be too complicated for us. It's hard to balance something like that, because it can't be super easy, but I would agree that this one was too hard.

I'm actually glad no one cracked it. Can you imagine an announcement on Day 4 that you will be out in three days and win as a village, in a game where there are only two night kills and 19 players? As a wolf, the game would be over for sure, no question.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #1136
Tyrith
College Starter

Yeah, this game was weird like that. I think the cube mechanic needed to be more integrated into the day to day game to be truly effective. After day 2 I was thinking that there were going to be dire consequences for continued bad choices, and that would have provided a lot of motivation to try to figure it out. Once it became apparent that wasn't going to be the case, a lot of the pressure was taken off the village to try to solve it. If we had managed to kill all the wolves, the cube mechanic becomes irrelevant - monkeys with typewriters on a smaller scale.

On the whole I liked the ideas going on in the game, though, and The Jackal made a pretty good sadist...not sure if that's a good thing, though :P
Old 05-23-2011, 07:29 PM   #1137
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Jackal, great game. Thanks for running it.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:55 PM   #1138
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So overall, an excellent result. We got a wolf, and the "villager" we lost was a neutral and may not have necessarily had our best interested in mind all of the time.

This was after my lynch and yes Danny your statement was actually true at least for the village. My original plan was to help the wolves kill off the village as quickly as possible since at the beginning it seemed there were tons of ways for the village to die and I was expecting lots of nightkills. So I planned to help lead people through the wrong door to make the inferno device blow up faster. Granted this was just an initial thought, I was definitely going to reveal and help the vailleg if they back me into a corner. Oh yeah, I could scan a door a night. I even guessed the first door correctly and confirmed it with my scan, but since I was a lynch candidate, the hell if I was going to share. And choosing Autumn as I told him...was a nobrainer since him putting me on the block was the reason I got lynched. The funny thing was., Jackal told me I couldn't CHOOSE who I took with me, so I went with random...and random chose Autumn. Yay karma

I ALMOST got out of day 2 alive. Pretty proud of my late move to rally more votes. ALMOST worked. I should have begged ZInto. That MIGHT have worked as he was the only one on and not a wolf. Boy bhlloy's move really astounded me. I thought he really was just being stubborn about "runs". Was actually glad that was a scientist concerted assassination and really impressed that three people could coordinate that fast. Of course it was the thing that undid everything from then on. I sure ended up on the wrong tribe day 2. Once day 2 arrived, I realized I should have revealed day 1 cause revealing day 2 would do nothing. revealing that i was helping the wolves would make the village kill me and revealing that i was helping the vilalge would make the wolves kill me. So the only thing I could do was signal like hell that i was helping the wolves and hope ANY of them understood. PLus hoped that things like posting a lot might make the other room suspect i revealed or something...even rebroadcast of my questions into the other room....ANYTHING to send any sort of signal. But dward being our candidate really made that moot I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I'm actually glad no one cracked it. Can you imagine an announcement on Day 4 that you will be out in three days and win as a village, in a game where there are only two night kills and 19 players? As a wolf, the game would be over for sure, no question.

And big kudos to mckerney and ntndeacon for their math chops. They at least came up with some awesome thoughts. ntn's idea of pimrp/prime power was the first thing I tried. The green door was indeed the only prime of the three and coincidently was right. But it was just a coincidence.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:25 AM   #1139
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh yeah Jackal - was the split on day two completely random or did there have to be a minimum of one team member on each side?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #1140
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

well there was only bhlloy as a scientist on our side. Autumn, Mauboy and dward were all on the other so that says to me it was random. Though I'm still surprised with you and danny left on our side, no one pointed to that fact as a definite reason danny might certainly be a wolf

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-24-2011 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #1141
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
well there was only bhlloy as a scientist on our side. Autumn, Mauboy and dward were all on the other so that says to me it was random. Though I'm still surprised with you and danny left on our side, no one pointed to that fact as a definite reason danny might certainly be a wolf

i tried
Old 05-24-2011, 07:33 AM   #1142
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
i tried

I actually knew you were a wolf though. I'm very good in those situations where I can back things up with solid evidence and reasoning. It was tough to go against Mr. Bug because there was more evidence that I was a wolf and while I am strong playing the helpful / out in the open wolf, I am not a very good lie out of my teeth to manipulate the vote wolf.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #1143
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Oh yeah Jackal - was the split on day two completely random or did there have to be a minimum of one team member on each side?

Completely random. It wasn't until people started discussing how they were sure the wolves would be split equally that I even thought about that. I was tempted to make a post saying everything is random, but I hinted at it a few times, and didn't want to interfere with anyone's bluffing or commentary.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #1144
The Jackal
Coordinator

Originally I had intended to map out some of the rooms and have more things happen in them based on them being the right or wrong rooms, but honestly I ran out of time to do such (birth in the family, tons of family visiting).

I enjoyed all the different theories as to how the room selection worked, and kind of hoped someone might pick up on it - but it was very difficult, and I'm not upset that it wasn't figured out. I actually dropped a big hint when there was still time left:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

The second is sienna, has the letter P and the number sequence: 3 1 4 6 2 8 3 3 5 1
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #1145
The Jackal
Coordinator

The colors and letters were just decoys.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:59 AM   #1146
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If the game had been The Sphere, it might've been solved.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #1147
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And speaking of JAG, he had been saying Schmidty was a wolf for more than half the game. Don't know how he figured that out considering how quiet Schmidty always is.

Thanks for running the game Jackal! Some fun stuff in it! Thanks for giving me something to do toward the end. Sorry I'm so lame and died...

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 05-25-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #1148
The Jackal
Coordinator

Spoiler