Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2008, 01:37 PM   #301
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
But who is to say that Kara is a Human or a Cylon? I mean I could say my name is Billy Bob Smith, but what the heck does that matter/mean if any character could be on either side.

I agree -- that's why it's the benefit of the doubt for the time being. I'd also like to see if anyone else claims to be Kara, to see if path is lying. It's a long shot, but you never know.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #302
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
But who is to say that Kara is a Human or a Cylon? I mean I could say my name is Billy Bob Smith, but what the heck does that matter/mean if any character could be on either side.

Along the same lines though, what's the upside of me putting info out there as a wolf if there's the possibility of getting caught day 2?
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #303
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Along the same lines though, what's the upside of me putting info out there as a wolf if there's the possibility of getting caught day 2?

It could be that you're a wolf that knows Kara is not in the game, or something. But this isn't really the road I wanted to go down -- it's pretty clearly stated in the rules that it doesn't say much about your allegiance either way. But I appreciate your reveal in getting things going. What I'm interested in is if:

a) Someone else claims to be Kara
b) Someone who knows about the show can tell us what role path might have, as Kara.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #304
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

pass. your B contradicts your begining stament, we know that there is no relation between the show and the names, so who cares?

[X]-Almost got lynched last game for haveing a name, that was bad int he show, even though I wasnt.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #305
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I don't necessarily doubt that you're Kara (though I'd love a counter-revealer if there is one!)

I just doubt that Kara is without a doubt a Human, that's my main point. You could very well be Kara. Kara could also be a Cylon.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #306
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
pass. your B contradicts your begining stament, we know that there is no relation between the show and the names, so who cares?

[X]-Almost got lynched last game for haveing a name, that was bad int he show, even though I wasnt.

I think what Pass is getting at is, what types of things can Kara do. Of course I still don't know if that means a whole heckuva lot. Granted I know nothing about my character at all really, so I have no means to go off of
Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #307
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm making a distinction between role and allegiance here. I'm not saying that path is either good or bad, but I'm wondering what kind of ability he might have either way.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #308
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Characters: Character names are directly from the show. They do NOT corelate directly with ANY abilities or ANY roles. Character names, roles, factions and anything else will be assigned in a totally random fashion.

Just saw this in the rules. I'm not sure I believe it, based on my name and role, though. I really think that if I didn't have the name I have, I wouldn't have the power I have.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:04 PM   #309
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

but if there is no link between roll and alegience, why asume there is a link between roll and power?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Just saw this in the rules. I'm not sure I believe it, based on my name and role, though. I really think that if I didn't have the name I have, I wouldn't have the power I have.
The connection between my character and his power is tenuous at best.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #311
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
but if there is no link between roll and alegience, why asume there is a link between roll and power?

See my post above. The rules say that abilities and names aren't correlated, but I just don't believe it.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #312
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

It's tough for me to gauge. My character on the show seems basically bad (or at the least nefarious), while I am a Human. I have no real ability to do anything, so I don't know if that really corrolates (I have no idea about the character aside from basic wiki-skimming).
Old 03-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #313
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'd bet the big hitters corrolate (who they are and what they could do, I have no idea), but I bet the fringe-y folks like mine are just kinda "there"
Old 03-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #314
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'd bet the big hitters corrolate (who they are and what they could do, I have no idea), but I bet the fringe-y folks like mine are just kinda "there"

That flies in the face of the rules, I think. But I agree, and I think that path needs protection tonight.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #315
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
See my post above. The rules say that abilities and names aren't correlated, but I just don't believe it.

I think its a stretch that RendeR lied in his own rules....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #316
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

But that would make it DAMN interesting

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #317
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The no lynch yesterday means that day two is another version of day one but at least there was no night kill. I'll throw another random vote out there

vote Narcizo

Not wishing to sound overly defensive (although my time zone situation means that I probably tend to be so) but do you not think that there has been enough information to come up with a non-random reason for voting. I don't mind you voting for me because you don't like me pushing for people to reveal where they were last night (I notice that this has pretty much been ignored by most people who have been around, without discussion) or me having the second vote on Clap. But a random vote at this stage seems a bit weak.

And yes that is a tacit acknowledgement that a no lynch on day one doesn't necessarily make day two a repeat run of day one.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #318
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Not wishing to sound overly defensive (although my time zone situation means that I probably tend to be so) but do you not think that there has been enough information to come up with a non-random reason for voting. I don't mind you voting for me because you don't like me pushing for people to reveal where they were last night (I notice that this has pretty much been ignored by most people who have been around, without discussion) or me having the second vote on Clap. But a random vote at this stage seems a bit weak.

And yes that is a tacit acknowledgement that a no lynch on day one doesn't necessarily make day two a repeat run of day one.

I guess I'm partly to blame for the lack of discussion about locations, since I started a mini-witch-hunt on the first person to say anything about last night, and ended up outing one of the main characters in the process. But I do agree with you that getting location info out there will help us out.

As for this day two being different from day one, I don't think there's THAT much difference. We've had one slight altercation about hydroponics, and not much else. We've semi-cleared claphamsa, assuming that wolves wouldn't stick their necks out to save him -- basically that the wolves were indifferent, so I don't think we're going to get much out of that vote.

Narc, I think you have one of the few votes out there. I know why Heinz voted the way he did, PB said his vote was random...can you elaborate on yuor reasoning for your vote?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:37 PM   #319
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't mind you voting for me because you don't like me pushing for people to reveal where they were last night (I notice that this has pretty much been ignored by most people who have been around, without discussion)

It's out there now where I was last night, but my feeling on the locations hasn't changed, especially since there was no night kill. No night kill says to me that:

1) There was a conversion. Night 1 seems a bit of a stretch for something like that, but possible.
2) There was an attack and it was blocked. Nobody has come forward to say anything of the sort.
3) There was an attack and it failed for some other reason. Possibly the Cylon and the target need to be at the same place? Would lean towards keeping our location plans quiet.
4) There was no attack at all. This seems odd also, unless a deadline mixup.

I think 2 or 3 are most likely, so I don't think anyone should say where they're going. Reporting on where you were last night seems more OK, unless you plan on staying there again......
Old 03-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #320
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That flies in the face of the rules, I think. But I agree, and I think that path needs protection tonight.

Yeah it does, but having just run a similar game, it's my line of thinking.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #321
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I agree,
you forgot #5 - Random.org

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #322
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
It's out there now where I was last night, but my feeling on the locations hasn't changed, especially since there was no night kill. No night kill says to me that:

1) There was a conversion. Night 1 seems a bit of a stretch for something like that, but possible.
2) There was an attack and it was blocked. Nobody has come forward to say anything of the sort.
3) There was an attack and it failed for some other reason. Possibly the Cylon and the target need to be at the same place? Would lean towards keeping our location plans quiet.

I think 2 or 3 are most likely, so I don't think anyone should say where they're going. Reporting on where you were last night seems more OK, unless you plan on staying there again......

Even if you plan on staying there again, I think it's okay to reveal you were there the night before -- unless you think the wolves know you have a sedentary lifestyle..
Old 03-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #323
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'd say #2 is the most probable to me.

#1 is downright frieghtening.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #324
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Interesting theory about the rules being deliberately misleading. I've got to say that, at them moment, there really isn't much evidence to support the idea that it's anything more than random. I don't think we should get all het up just because one person claims to have a role that seems to match their name.

However I do think that the possibility means that we definitely should not be mentioning names willy-nilly.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #325
Passacaglia
Coordinator

On the other hand, thinking about path's scenario #3, what if the bodyguard needs to be in the same place as path? If that's the case, maybe path should reveal his location, so we can protect him? I think we should have a good number of people think this is a good idea before we seriously consider it, and maybe whoever is the bodyguard can blend in with the 4-6 people that agree with it. Also, I don't want to look like I'm a wolf trying to figure out where path is.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #326
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Interesting theory about the rules being deliberately misleading. I've got to say that, at them moment, there really isn't much evidence to support the idea that it's anything more than random. I don't think we should get all het up just because one person claims to have a role that seems to match their name.

However I do think that the possibility means that we definitely should not be mentioning names willy-nilly.

Oh I agree there is no evidence of it (heck, no Human has anything more than their own role to go off of).

The 2nd part of your post is actually what kinda struck me the most about path's note. I mean I have to assume path is either

A) A show watcher and would know she's a lead character
B) A non-show watcher who would wiki her

So since I know path is a smart guy, I'd think he either

A) Doesn't have a power which would align with Kara's presumptive abilities
B) Didn't do a quick scan of his character, as I've seen him do in the past
or
C) Is a wolf who knows that he's not really risking anything by posting it.

My vote is still on him, but my gut says it's not B. If it's C, great. If it's A then I'd surmise we could do worse.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #327
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I'm personally not taking too much stock in the "same location" theories. I mean we have 9 locations to 14 players. That's a pretty low playerlace ratio. I can't imagine RendeR is going to want his game to eventually disseminate into a big game of tag when we're down to say 4-5 people.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #328
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

As you point out I don't think people should be saying where they're going but I can't help but think that knowing where people have been will help us track down the Cylons. If they have to be in the same area then it's going to make them sweat knowing that there's a chance that this will catch them out.
1) I've thought about a conversion but it seems like really poor play by the Cylons to convert on day one. Surely they're better off waiting on that one.
2) It's possible that blocks don't show up as such. Or maybe the person targeted has reasons for not wanting to reveal that they saw or block or haven't actually logged on yet.
3) I mentioned this but it seems like a horrible limitation on the Cylons. Admittedly they might get that back in other ways (numbers or other powers) so, obviously, it's a possibility.
4) This seems a like a real possibility to me. I know I've been part of a missed night kill as a wolf because of a snafu. However this point also neatly leads me on to Pass's question about why I'm voing Jackal. He didn't have a night action. There wasn't a night kill. (This may also apply to Barkeep).

If you were to ask me I'd go with 4,2,3,1 in order of liklihood.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #329
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh I agree there is no evidence of it (heck, no Human has anything more than their own role to go off of).

The 2nd part of your post is actually what kinda struck me the most about path's note. I mean I have to assume path is either

or

My vote is still on him, but my gut says it's not B. If it's C, great. If it's A then I'd surmise we could do worse.

I don't see it as crazy to have given his name like that. Two votes followed in quick succession, and we're sitting at Day 2 with a vote that gives us next to no information -- if I were him, I'd be worried about a bandwagon forming on me. I'm not saying I trust him totally, but he's raised his "-1" to back to 0, maybe even +0.5. I'm just saying that I can see where he's coming from in revealing early -- if he did it later, you run the risk of all the people with votes on him thinking it's some kind of fake reveal. Which he's probably still in a little bit of danger of -- if he gets more votes, the ante gets upped, and he'd probably have to reveal his abilities. While I'm *extremely* curious as to what he would say if that happens, I don't think it's best for the village to push for it.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #330
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
As you point out I don't think people should be saying where they're going but I can't help but think that knowing where people have been will help us track down the Cylons. If they have to be in the same area then it's going to make them sweat knowing that there's a chance that this will catch them out.
1) I've thought about a conversion but it seems like really poor play by the Cylons to convert on day one. Surely they're better off waiting on that one.
2) It's possible that blocks don't show up as such. Or maybe the person targeted has reasons for not wanting to reveal that they saw or block or haven't actually logged on yet.
3) I mentioned this but it seems like a horrible limitation on the Cylons. Admittedly they might get that back in other ways (numbers or other powers) so, obviously, it's a possibility.
4) This seems a like a real possibility to me. I know I've been part of a missed night kill as a wolf because of a snafu. However this point also neatly leads me on to Pass's question about why I'm voing Jackal. He didn't have a night action. There wasn't a night kill. (This may also apply to Barkeep).

If you were to ask me I'd go with 4,2,3,1 in order of liklihood.

But come on -- if you were a wolf, and responsible for executing the night kill, and slipped up, why would you also say you didn't put in a night action?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #331
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Also we have no idea how cylon killing works. They might be able to pick anyone, they might not be able to kill people at certain locations, who knows. The optimal thing to do would probably be to coordinate where we travel at night so that we don't have everyone going to the same place. In that way we'd hopefully learn as much as possible about each location and what it has to offer, and likely have a better chance to pick up more clues. However, coordinating that would probably give a big advantage to the cylons, so it might be best to use our own discretion and keep info to ourselves until it seems prudent to start spilling it, since the cylons are also looking for earth.

I mean this post just look willfully obtuse. I know Jackal has covered this by saying he was trying to say that we shouldn't reveal locations but my initial read of this post was that it was arguing for us to do just that.

That being said I'm starting to wonder if a wolf Jackal would immediately come out and say that he hadn't posted a night action. Admittedly he did it after Barkeep did the same thing so it's sort of like a second vote but my gut is starting to tell me that a wolf wouldn't have considered making such a convoluted confusing post or claiming not to have sent in a night action.

So I dunno, basically.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #332
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I mean I have to assume path is either

or

You'll forgive me if I decline to elaborate further than I already wanted to, I hope.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 PM   #333
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Yeah, no worries Path.

I don't know if my vote is coming off of you though, given the (lack of) other options.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am floored that you guys think Clap should have any added level of trust, the fact that no one moved their vote late to him could be just as damning as voting for someone else to save him.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #335
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE NARCIZO
Old 03-25-2008, 03:21 PM   #336
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

purduebrads vote seems to random
Old 03-25-2008, 03:24 PM   #337
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

how does it seem to random? and why do you follow it up, if you think its random?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM   #338
The Jackal
Coordinator

Been a busy work day for me. Catching up on the phone since I'm currently getting plastered before going to MSG for the flyers v rangers (LETS GO FLYERS). I'm sorry if my first few posts set off warning bells, but I assure you I'm not a cylon, and I really didn't get a night action in. But tonight I definitely will, ill make sure to submit before I get too drunk

Do we think cylons would be aggresively pushing lynch votes at this stage or staying in the background and latching on?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #339
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote narcizo
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #340
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

The only reason for my vote is because of one of his last analysis' and the fact that I have to leave to go out soon so I might not get a chance to make another vote.

The fact that he thinks the wolves forgot to make a night kill action seems a bit silly does it for me. Not a whole lot else to go on. I do kinda understand where heinz is coming from.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #341
st.cronin
General Manager

Catching up, nothing to report from last night. I tried to board one of the Vipers, but somebody beat me to it, and I'm still on Peprika.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM   #342
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

My gut instinct is telling me that Jackal isn't a wolf. I'm inclined to trust Path. (Which is a first) I don't like leaving until after deadline when I'm leading the voting. PB if your vote is truly random then I would say that it would be less damaging placed elsewhere.

I don't understand Lathum's voting and subsequent comment but it strikes me as a vote and run. I think he's going to be saying that he voted by mistake. I'm hoping that this will be sooner rather than later. If he doesn't show up again until after the vote I'll be really suspicious of him. Well, if I'm still alive that is. I don't have anything else to go on so I'm going to go with my instinct at Lathum's two posts.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:31 PM   #343
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

FYI, I'm outta here in a half hour.

I"m open to moving my vote, but am less than enthused about what's been presented thus far.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #344
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Honestly, I want to vote no lynch and try to get one more day's worth of info but nobody will latch onto that idea. I'll try to check one more time before dinner and movie to see if I should change my vote.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #345
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unvote Jackal
Vote Lathum
Old 03-25-2008, 04:33 PM   #346
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Honestly, I want to vote no lynch and try to get one more day's worth of info but nobody will latch onto that idea. I'll try to check one more time before dinner and movie to see if I should change my vote.

I thought about this, but yeah, I don't think it'd fly, given that no lynch didn't even "win" yesterday.

Plus, maybe we should just take the gift we were given, an (apparent) break-even yesterday.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM   #347
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

You should move your vote.

I'm off now. Hope to see people tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #348
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
FYI, I'm outta here in a half hour.

I"m open to moving my vote, but am less than enthused about what's been presented thus far.

By me or by everyone else? It seems like it's mainly been you, Narc, Pass and I today until lately.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #349
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I would vote for anyone who votes No Lynch today. In a heartbeat.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #350
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm amused by posts 334 and 335.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote