KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I hate this reasoning.

Oh well.

Quote:
Vote for the guy you want to see get lynched, not somebody that other people want to see get lynched. There's several hours til deadline, we could see all sorts of movement.

It's day one. It's a total crapshoot. I don't know why that's so hard to understand.

Of the two candidates that are likely to be lynched, I'd rather vote for Jackal. If something drastic happens between now and then, I will change my vote.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 AM   #302
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heinz, there are several people who fit the bill as low-content posters in this game. I don't think it is just a Qwikshot issue.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for alternate candidates. But is Qwik's non-check-in a much bigger issue than NTN's one post vote?

If I'm getting to pick my alternate candidate I would probably go with Sonic Youth right now. One, because Jackal is in position to switch his vote onto me so I'm not going on the war path trying to antagonize a guy that I have no real position on. Two, because Sonic + Neon put me back in the lead, but I feel better about Neon than I do Sonic.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #303
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
I'd have to ask the folks who are just voting for one of the two lead vote getters: "What is your plan come tomorrow when Qwik quite possibly still hasn't checked in?"

Maybe I'm making a mountain out of a molehill here, I dunno, I've just been burned by this in the past and I was so pissed about it that I look for the no-check-in folks.

I typically vote for the non-checker-in people also. I'd be happy to go in that direction if there's support for it.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #304
st.cronin
General Manager

I am ok voting for Qwikshot. I may move my vote.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #305
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Heinz, there are several people who fit the bill as low-content posters in this game. I don't think it is just a Qwikshot issue.

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for alternate candidates. But is Qwik's non-check-in a much bigger issue than NTN's one post vote?

If I'm getting to pick my alternate candidate I would probably go with Sonic Youth right now. One, because Jackal is in position to switch his vote onto me so I'm not going on the war path trying to antagonize a guy that I have no real position on. Two, because Sonic + Neon put me back in the lead, but I feel better about Neon than I do Sonic.

Well I'm not saying I trust you either there hoops

As far as Qwik vs NTN, it may be minute, but I do see a difference. I don't ask for hyper-activity in the game, but someone who doesn't check in over a day plus is a big knock. Plus I see that pace as NTN's regular pace whereas I thought Qwik was more active in the Cruise game and hence I think he's just not paying attention
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #306
hoopsguy
General Manager

And not paying attention = wolf? Usually they pay more attention, not less.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #307
KWhit
Coordinator

Since Path made a vote and others seem open to getting Quik some votes (therefore I won't just be throwing this vote away)...

Unvote The Jackal
Vote Quikshot
Old 05-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #308
st.cronin
General Manager

KWhit strikes me as trying very hard to make sure his vote doesn't mean anything.

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 10:43 AM   #309
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
And not paying attention = wolf? Usually they pay more attention, not less.

I've seen it. And it could be from outside forces.

I guess I just look at the non-active people as thus:

- If I'm potentially making a mistake, I'd rather make it on someone who isn't active

- If they are indeed a wolf the longer the game goes (and the more offshoots of ideas that get bounced around) the harder it is for people to go for them since they aren't actually contributing.

Hence I like to take care of them early so it's a worry that is "crossed off" in my mind.

With that said hoops, to put it gently, it may not be in your best interests regarding my vote should Qwik check in.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #310
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Since Path made a vote and others seem open to getting Quik some votes (therefore I won't just be throwing this vote away)...

Unvote The Jackal
Vote Quikshot

Can you please explain how your vote on The Jackal would have been a throw away when Jackal was tied for the lead?
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:45 AM   #311
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

hoopsguy (5) - mccollins (177), PurdueBrad (193), RendeR (197), Sonic Youth (286), Neon Chaos (289)

The Jackal (4) - claphamsa (179), Narcizo (232), Lathum (277), hoopsguy (290)

Qwikshot (3) - jeheinz72 (159), path (300), KWhit (307)

no lynch (2) - Barkeep49 (175), The Jackal (217)

KWhit (2) - ntndeacon (226), st.cronin (273)

Barkeep49 (1) - Chief Rum (237)
RendeR (1) - Anxiety (238)

Not voted: Qwikshot, oliegirl
Old 05-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #312
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

So you're unhappy about a no lynch vote and unhappy about a vote on someone who hasn't checked in? And I presume unhappy on a vote for you.......you sound depressed, hoops.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:49 AM   #313
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Can you please explain how your vote on The Jackal would have been a throw away when Jackal was tied for the lead?

Solid question right there.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:51 AM   #314
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I liked no lynch in this game but I also like voting against those who haven't checked in, even if they're entertaining players.

Unvote no lynch
Vote Qwik
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:52 AM   #315
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm also confused about who hoops sees as a good candidate.

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 10:58 AM   #316
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I hate this reasoning. Vote for the guy you want to see get lynched, not somebody that other people want to see get lynched. There's several hours til deadline, we could see all sorts of movement.

Quote:
KWhit strikes me as trying very hard to make sure his vote doesn't mean anything.

so maybe it's me but Cronin is completely contradicting himself here.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #317
st.cronin
General Manager

How is that a contradiction? I think villagers should vote their convictions, but KWhit has been all over the map, with excuses about why he's voting a certain way that have nothing at all to do with convictions, and everything to do with making sure he has an excuse for voting for somebody.

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #318
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You misunderstand. Did you not read my other previous posts?

My point was that I usually vote for the non-check-in people, but it's getting close to deadline and I originally decided to vote for one of the 2 top vote getters (so I wouldn't be throwing away my vote). So I voted The Jackal. Since then, Path, JeHeinze, and st.cronin have all talked about voting for Qwik and Path actually voted for him.

So my statement was that it looked like a vote for Qwik had a chance to actually mean something and not be a throwaway vote. So I voted for him. I wasn't saying that my vote on Jackal was a throwaway - that's the whole reason I made it in the first place. And I made quite a few statements about that fact.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #319
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
How is that a contradiction? I think villagers should vote their convictions, but KWhit has been all over the map, with excuses about why he's voting a certain way that have nothing at all to do with convictions, and everything to do with making sure he has an excuse for voting for somebody.

CONTRADICTOR!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #320
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, I can't argue with that font.

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 11:06 AM   #321
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Since then, Path, JeHeinze, and st.cronin have all talked about voting for Qwik and Path actually voted for him.

FYI, I actually voted for him yesterday and haven't moved.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, I can't argue with that font.

INSTIGATOR!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #323
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Huh? Excuses? More like explaining my vote(s). That's pretty common practice around here.

It's day 1. I pretty much don't have a read on anything or anybody. I don't particularly CARE where my vote goes today. I just want it to mean something and not throw it away on a candidate that's not in the running.

So when I saw that a Quik vote possibly had some legs, I decided I'd rather my vote be there since he's not contributing AT ALL. How is that strange?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #324
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
OK I think that we need to counter-act the no lynch vote. That leaves me picking between hoops and Jackal. Hoops is giving off a far more believable villager vibe at the moment. (blah blah blah cunning wolf etc etc ad nauseum).

This is probably just an innocent comment but another interpretation is that could potential seen as premptive blame placing for a villager hoops lynch (placing blame with either Render or myself) and adds 5% on my wolfometer. Jackal also seemed to be flip-flopping between a lynch and no-lynch vote, which makes it seem like he's trying to gauge which is the winning horse. I get pretty suspicious of "I'm leaning towards ..." comments on day one.

Vote Jackal

Catching up on the thread, wanted to respond to this before I get lost. I never really flip flopped, I had no intention of keeping my vote on clap. I normally vote no lynch on day 1 when it's allowed, not as a wolfish move, but as a "we don't have much information at all move". I realize the counter-argument is that you don't get information with a no lynch, but there's a lot of useful roles in this game.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #325
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't understand what you're talking about here. I'm trying to do the exact opposite.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #326
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
You misunderstand. Did you not read my other previous posts?
Yep, I stay quite up to date.
Quote:
My point was that I usually vote for the non-check-in people, but it's getting close to deadline and I originally decided to vote for one of the 2 top vote getters (so I wouldn't be throwing away my vote). So I voted The Jackal. Since then, Path, JeHeinze, and st.cronin have all talked about voting for Qwik and Path actually voted for him.

So my statement was that it looked like a vote for Qwik had a chance to actually mean something and not be a throwaway vote. So I voted for him. I wasn't saying that my vote on Jackal was a throwaway - that's the whole reason I made it in the first place. And I made quite a few statements about that fact.

That doesn't change the fact that your vote had meaning when it was holding a tie for a leading vote getter.

By moving it off, it puts hoopsguy in the lead.

My vote is actually on hoops, but you're making me reconsider...
Old 05-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #327
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think the vicodin is having an effect on Lathum.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #328
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Is Lathum on drugs? Don't we lynch people on drugs when they don't talk?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #329
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I just want it to mean something and not throw it away on a candidate that's not in the running.

But Jackal was not only in the running, he was in the lead!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:12 AM   #330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all. Let me get caught up.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #331
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Is Lathum on drugs? Don't we lynch people on drugs when they don't talk?

zing

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

I am so high rite now
Old 05-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #333
The Jackal
Coordinator

and first of all

unvote no lynch
Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #334
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't consider a guy who hasn't shown up to be the most likely candidate for a wolf. People who get roles of wolves generally play them more intensely than people who get villager roles.

I'm not sure what to make of the votes on Jackal. I'll leave my vote on him over Qwik.

I know what I think of the votes on me and any remaining votes on No Lynch.

I've posted on people I consider good candidates - Sonic Youth and Mccollins. I'm not seeing a whole heck of a lot of support for either of those two, so I'll just make my self-defense move where I need to make it today.

Also, I'm disappointed that I haven't seen the person who can vouch for my reveal in the thread up to this point. He can't clear me of being a wolf, but they can absolutely confirm I'm not bluffing on my role (which would likely be considered more helpful than the average role).
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #335
The Jackal
Coordinator

Right now I'm going with the inactive person, seems a better bet.

Vote Qwikshot
Old 05-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #336
hoopsguy
General Manager

BTW, does anyone have a current vote count? It is starting to get close enough to deadline that I care a little bit
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #337
The Jackal
Coordinator

Qwikshot (5) - jeheinz72 (159), path12 (300), KWhit (307), Barkeep49 (314), The Jackal (335)
hoopsguy (5) - mccollins (177), PurdueBrad (193), RendeR (197), Sonic Youth (286), Neon Chaos (289)
The Jackal (4) - claphamsa (179), Narcizo (233), KWhit (275), Lathum (277), hoopsguy (290)
mccollins (1) - hoopsguy (180)
Render (1) - Anxiety (238)

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #338
The Jackal
Coordinator

Gotta fix that, hold on.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #339
st.cronin
General Manager

KWhit,

Your first vote was No Lynch. When the anti-No Lynch movement grew strong, you moved your vote to The Jackal, and explained that vote in a way that I translate as: "Because of the vote count, I feel like there is nobody else I could vote for that would be reasonable." I don't think that was an honest assessment of your options, or, if it was an honest assessment, I very strongly disagree with that way of thinking. The village benefits when people vote for WHO THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE GET LYNCHED.

knives out
Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #340
The Jackal
Coordinator

Qwikshot (5) - jeheinz72 (159), path12 (300), KWhit (307), Barkeep49 (314), The Jackal (335)
The Jackal (4) - claphamsa (179), Narcizo (233), KWhit (275), Lathum (277), hoopsguy (290)

Old 05-06-2008, 11:19 AM   #341
The Jackal
Coordinator

-sigh- I screwed it up again.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #342
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Jackal (4) - claphamsa (179), Narcizo (233), Lathum (277), hoopsguy (290)

If that's not right I give up.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #343
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
But Jackal was not only in the running, he was in the lead!

You're clearly not understanding. I'll try again.

I had originally voted No Lynch because I thought the game mechanics would allow us to explore and find out identities of people we saw on the board. Pass clarified and said that's not how it works. So my initial strategy was invalid.

So I decide to change my vote and see two ways to go.

1) Vote for one of the top vote getters to put pressure on them and see what happens.
2) Vote for one of the people who aren't contributing (usually my preferred day 1 vote).

It was starting to get late in the morning and there was no real push for voting for a quiet one so I felt that going in that direction was going to result in a wasted vote. So I didn't go with option 2 (which I really would have preferred slightly).

But later on, that possibility got legs as Path voted for Qwik and st.cronin mentioned he was thinking about it. All of a sudden, option 2 got a chance at actually meaning something. So I decided it was worthwhile to move my vote to Qwik because he'd be in the running for lynch.

So my statement that seems to be giving you such heartburn could be restated as, "Now that voting for Qwik does not seem to be a throw-away vote, I think that I will move my vote to him as I think it makes more sense to vote for someone who is not contributing on day one."
Old 05-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #344
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
KWhit,

Your first vote was No Lynch. When the anti-No Lynch movement grew strong, you moved your vote to The Jackal, and explained that vote in a way that I translate as: "Because of the vote count, I feel like there is nobody else I could vote for that would be reasonable." I don't think that was an honest assessment of your options, or, if it was an honest assessment, I very strongly disagree with that way of thinking. The village benefits when people vote for WHO THEY ACTUALLY WANT TO SEE GET LYNCHED.

so he cant change his mind?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #345
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Has oliegirl checkied in? I see she hasn;t voted.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #346
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit,

Thanks. Now I know how you would vote. I appreciate your assistance.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #347
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Sheesh, one busy day with migraine and I'm being singled out...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #348
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Heya Qwik!

Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #349
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is it bad to mix scotch with Vicoden on an empty stomach?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #350
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Has oliegirl checkied in? I see she hasn;t voted.

Here ya go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Last check in for the night, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to cast my vote, I'm working at 10:15 so I'll be around in the morning.

Nothing to say right now, been a typical day 1 with no information out there.