Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-12-2008, 09:29 PM   #601
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I really hope PB gets back and drunkenly rants.

I'm tempted to go get drunk so I can rant at him.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:35 PM   #602
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I almost pulled the trigger on day 2 trying to get a last minute vote on DaddyTorgo and pulling my vote off whoever I currently was on. I didn't want to put a target on my back like that though being the seer when there was a good chance it would fail and also because I didn't feel all that much worse about DaddyTorgo then I did about the other two. I also thought there was a good chance that Claph was a wolf.

If LSG or PurdueBrad would have put a vote on DT or Claph (who I also had a bad feeling about), I would put a second vote on either one.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM   #603
Axxon
Pro Starter

Danny, I have a question for you. Honestly, had I not revealed would you have voted with me?

I really didn't feel you were the sorcerer so before the morning I had considered playing it straight and trying to win your vote. That was a big reason I waited so long to reveal and was the exact reason I posted "I don't understand that logic" to clap.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #604
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I almost pulled the trigger on day 2 trying to get a last minute vote on DaddyTorgo and pulling my vote off whoever I currently was on. I didn't want to put a target on my back like that though being the seer when there was a good chance it would fail and also because I didn't feel all that much worse about DaddyTorgo then I did about the other two. I also thought there was a good chance that Claph was a wolf.

If LSG or PurdueBrad would have put a vote on DT or Claph (who I also had a bad feeling about), I would put a second vote on either one.

That would have made me either have to back off my DT vote or play solo for most of the game. Would have definitely been a different game that's for sure.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #605
Axxon
Pro Starter

I also have to give props to Danny. I think he deserves more credit in the win. I believed he a villager and his fake reveal while obviously fake did give me a tinge of doubt ( a little more than yours did clap ) so while I was never going to vote PB I almost voted Danny and if I did, PB would have probably realized what that meant. Well, one can hope anyway.

But, I was still hoping to keep my cover and I really believed clap would have a better chance if he was the sorcerer of jumping to a human than Danny would since he had more experience.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 PM   #606
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Well my official werewolf record improves to 2-2 although there should probably be an asterisk next to it.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:03 PM   #607
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I also have to give props to Danny. I think he deserves more credit in the win. I believed he a villager and his fake reveal while obviously fake did give me a tinge of doubt ( a little more than yours did clap ) so while I was never going to vote PB I almost voted Danny and if I did, PB would have probably realized what that meant. Well, one can hope anyway.

But, I was still hoping to keep my cover and I really believed clap would have a better chance if he was the sorcerer of jumping to a human than Danny would since he had more experience.

By the way, when you voted for Claph this morning, I thought the villagers were going to win until you came out and revealed yourself to be a wolf. It was unexpected excitement one moment then disappointment the next.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #608
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
By the way, when you voted for Claph this morning, I thought the villagers were going to win until you came out and revealed yourself to be a wolf. It was unexpected excitement one moment then disappointment the next.

I guess I'll take that as complement that I could fly the entire game that far under the radar but that was my undoing.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #609
Danny
Head Coach

Awesome! I knew PurdueBrad was the sorcerer long ago. Perhaps I was convincing enough as the sorcerer that I convinced him he was a regular villager.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 PM   #610
Danny
Head Coach

I had a feeling Axxon was the other wolf. His comment previously about forgetting the deadline, but not wanting to change his vote anyway didn't sit right with me. And honestly, clap acted so ridiculous I thought he would have to be an idiot to act like that as the wolf.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #611
Danny
Head Coach

though Axxon, you played very well. I did not think at all you could be the wolf until this round and I said that was mostly due to clap acting so ridiculous i didn't think he was the wolf.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #612
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Danny, I have a question for you. Honestly, had I not revealed would you have voted with me?

I really didn't feel you were the sorcerer so before the morning I had considered playing it straight and trying to win your vote. That was a big reason I waited so long to reveal and was the exact reason I posted "I don't understand that logic" to clap.

Didn't see this. I honestly didn't think clap was the wolf because he acted fairly ridiculous. You played great, so I didn't really think you were the wolf either, but I knew one of you had to be because we knew PB was not. It's very possible depending on the exchange I would have voted with you. I've been talking with my fiancee about the game over the course of it and last night I went back and forth on who I thought was the wolf. The only thing I was really confident about going into this round was that PB was the sorcerer.

On another note, my fiancee really wants to play a game of WW now. would it be acceptable if we wanted to play in the same game do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2008, 10:44 PM   #613
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Didn't see this. I honestly didn't think clap was the wolf because he acted fairly ridiculous. You played great, so I didn't really think you were the wolf either, but I knew one of you had to be because we knew PB was not. It's very possible depending on the exchange I would have voted with you. I've been talking with my fiancee about the game over the course of it and last night I went back and forth on who I thought was the wolf. The only thing I was really confident about going into this round was that PB was the sorcerer.

On another note, my fiancee really wants to play a game of WW now. would it be acceptable if we wanted to play in the same game do you guys think?

Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Render, Telle), (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Goldeneagle, Lonestargil), (Lathum, Saldana), etc... Basically the rule is you can't talk about the current game with each other outside of the game unless you specifically have a role to allow it. If she is interested, have her join in on the next one!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:46 PM   #614
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

GD it!!!!!!!! I could've f-ing sworn that Claph was the wolf. MOTHERF----- and I thought Axxon was posturing. This is completely my f-ing bad.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:01 PM   #615
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Well hats off to Claph then. Whether you intended it or not, you had two people thinking you were the wolf. PurdueBrad all day apparently and me until this morning.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 PM   #616
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I had pegged Claph on day 2 and was sure he was the wolf. Wow, Axxon, DT, my bad, my very, very bad.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #617
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I had pegged Claph on day 2 and was sure he was the wolf. Wow, Axxon, DT, my bad, my very, very bad.

if it means much, on day 2 I sent a pm to barkeep asking him if the wolves were: Claphamsa and Purduebrad.. he never answered me though lol.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:09 PM   #618
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
if it means much, on day 2 I sent a pm to barkeep asking him if the wolves were: Claphamsa and Purduebrad.. he never answered me though lol.

Thanks, mine said Claph and Racer and was sent on day 2 as well.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:10 PM   #619
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My big problem was that I thought it was Claph first, Racer second, and if I had to go to a third, Axxon. I didn't have DT at all but I felt they played off each other a bit the night that DT was lynched and Claph's last attempt to switch BACK to voting for Racer made me think I was right, Claph was a wolf.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #620
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

This isn't meant disrespectfully about narcizo because I enjoyed him as a player, but this might be my narcizo moment. I may bow for awhile once I get myself lynched in the other game. Even if I don't bow out completely, I'll be on vacation for two weeks w/o access so that's not the world's worst thing.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:13 PM   #621
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
I had a feeling Axxon was the other wolf. His comment previously about forgetting the deadline, but not wanting to change his vote anyway didn't sit right with me. And honestly, clap acted so ridiculous I thought he would have to be an idiot to act like that as the wolf.

Actually though, that really was the truth.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:16 PM   #622
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My big problem was that I thought it was Claph first, Racer second, and if I had to go to a third, Axxon. I didn't have DT at all but I felt they played off each other a bit the night that DT was lynched and Claph's last attempt to switch BACK to voting for Racer made me think I was right, Claph was a wolf.

Thinking back, what's crazy about that vote is that unless I am mistaken:

Axxon, Danny, and myself voted to lynch DaddyTorgo while DT, Claph, and you voted to lynch me. If Axxon would have switched his vote in the last minute, the wolves would have won. I'd really like to know what Claph was thinking doing all those last minute vote switches.

Last edited by Racer : 06-12-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Edited because of grammerical errors.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #623
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thinking back, what's crazy about that vote is that unless I am mistaken:

Axxon, Danny, and myself voted to lynch DaddyTorgo while DT, Claph, and you voted to lynch me. If Axxon would have switched his vote in the last minute, the wolves would have won. I really have no idea what Claph's intention was thinking in that last minute doing so many vote switches.

At that point my mind was set on today. I've never played and I never dreamed I could have outfoxed someone that badly that they wouldn't budge. I was doing the math and the math added up.

DaddyTorgo had wanted me to try and save him and I'd already convinced him it was the wrong play. Once the vote was 4-2 there was no point except to put the spotlight a bit more on me which it turns out would have been a good thing but I was always keeping the Danny play open too.

Ahh, live and learn.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #624
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This isn't meant disrespectfully about narcizo because I enjoyed him as a player, but this might be my narcizo moment. I may bow for awhile once I get myself lynched in the other game. Even if I don't bow out completely, I'll be on vacation for two weeks w/o access so that's not the world's worst thing.

PB - I'm a little peeved at you - not for thinking that clap was the wolf, but for being somewhat AWOL today when Axxon was here BEGGING for you to read what he wrote - and all we got from you was a brief check-in that you were going out.

I don't begrudge you your social-life or anything, but it was just frustrating, because axxon came straight-out and declared, and IMO you're a strong enough player that I would have thought you would have taken Axxon's reveal and also the evidence of the game and realized that Axxon was telling the truth.

Ah well...I was livid earlier...but ya know what...it's just a game. No worries man, don't let one mess-up drive you away if you enjoy it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:01 AM   #625
Danny
Head Coach

This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf though, I'm usually not a very good liar .
Old 06-13-2008, 02:14 AM   #626
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
GD it!!!!!!!! I could've f-ing sworn that Claph was the wolf. MOTHERF----- and I thought Axxon was posturing. This is completely my f-ing bad.

Me too if that's any consolation. Why else would Axxon vote DT the other day, unless he wasn't around to switch at the last minute.

However I'm pleased my wolfdar is in some sort of semblance of working order as I made DT as a wolf on day two.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:25 AM   #627
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Me too if that's any consolation. Why else would Axxon vote DT the other day, unless he wasn't around to switch at the last minute.

However I'm pleased my wolfdar is in some sort of semblance of working order as I made DT as a wolf on day two.

I couldn't save him so why even try?

Racer held the tiebreaker and unless clap would not have changed, which I'm pretty sure he would, the best we could do is 3-3. I didn't feel like switching and putting a target on my back when all I needed was the sorcerer to believe my reveal when I had the tiebreaker. It was playing the odds while believing I was posturing on the last day was thinking I would play against them.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 AM   #628
Axxon
Pro Starter

[quote=Danny;1749040]This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf tho

The groovy thing is as far as I know, I never lied once.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:22 AM   #629
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

[quote=Axxon;1749050]
Quote:
This was my first time playing and I want to thank you all as I had a blast. I felt I did a really good job reading people and making the right votes. It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf tho

The groovy thing is as far as I know, I never lied once.

whats the point of playgin then

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:36 AM   #630
Axxon
Pro Starter

[quote=claphamsa;1749075]
Quote:

whats the point of playgin then

Hey, wolves are supposed to be sly, not liars.

I think I was too sly though.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #631
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Render, Telle), (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Goldeneagle, Lonestargil), (Lathum, Saldana), etc... Basically the rule is you can't talk about the current game with each other outside of the game unless you specifically have a role to allow it. If she is interested, have her join in on the next one!

Ya know, a good Lathum/Saldana joke really doesn't get old.

Fun game to read guys, rather surprising result.

I too had DT as a wolf early, though I whiffed on his partner.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #632
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah but everyone always has me as a wolf - seems like i'm somewhat inheriting lathum's mantle of being a wolf far more often than the odds would seem to dictate.

random.org loves me or hates me...lol
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #633
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sure, there are several couples that played games together (Lathum, MollyMurphy), (Lathum, Saldana),

i hate you
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:23 AM   #634
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It will be a challenge for me when I am wolf though, I'm usually not a very good liar .

i have the same problem
Old 06-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #635
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Ya know, a good Lathum/Saldana joke really doesn't get old.

as much as i hate to admit it that's so true
Old 06-13-2008, 09:26 AM   #636
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and i hate the wolves for killing me night 1, I can't remember the last time that happened
Old 06-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #637
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I couldn't save him so why even try?

Racer held the tiebreaker and unless clap would not have changed, which I'm pretty sure he would, the best we could do is 3-3. I didn't feel like switching and putting a target on my back when all I needed was the sorcerer to believe my reveal when I had the tiebreaker. It was playing the odds while believing I was posturing on the last day was thinking I would play against them.

Well "putting a target on your back" would have meant that the sorceror believed your reveal so you'd have won that way as well. Werewolf is a weird game. And hindsight is a great thing. I'm just saying that I could understand where PB was coming from.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote