Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #151
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I've been thinking about the numbers we face. This is going to be an important vote. We're either 6-2 or 5-3 depending on how the sorcerer factors in.

IF we're 5-3 and we don't hit a wolf in the lynch and the wolves don't lynch the sorcerer, endgame.

IF we're 6-2 and we don't hit a wolf in the lynch and the wolves don't lynch the sorcerer, it still almost puts us at endgame with the wolves and sorcerer controlling 3 of the remaining 6 votes.

We need a wolf here or we are definitely going to need our seer to hit a wolf tonight.

After that analysis, I had been debating the two remaining vets (well, and myself but I'm not likely to vote for me) and am thinking of going a different route and putting a vote on one of the newer players.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 AM   #152
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Claph, I'm thinking that if I were BK though, it would be fun to watch the vets off each other, leaving just newbies in. I know it is DT, you, and I but I'm not sure, with the numbers the way they are, I want to risk losing another vet. I'll be honest, I was surprised that neither Jackal or Lathum were wolves, I had considered both as the most likely.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #153
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BK, I see you are in thread, does the sorcerer count as villager or wolf in the ratio? And if you answered this and I missed it, my bad.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #154
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ok, I dont thin LSG is bad anymore, but if i move my vote im tied... so sorry jackyl.... practive that chainsaw... and PB SAID NITHIN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
Well, I can't really think of a good enough reason to change my vote at this point.

There are a couple of things that confuse me. You flipped off PB, who you still supposedly suspect without really explaining why and then just as suddenly wanted to flip off LSG but stated you couldn't because you'd be tied though you wouldn't be. I'm still not sure who you wanted to flip to and no other vote would have really mattered anyway. Struck me as odd though I certainly know about tipping a few.

Still, the jumping around without saying why confuses things and that strikes me as nonproductive at this point.

Again, I'm nowhere near convinced and my vote is absolutely subject to change.

One thing that jumps out at me about Claph is this post he made. It's as almost as if he knows Jackal is a villager and is trying to be nice to him before he is lynched.

He also suggested the seer scan Lathum the first night which is probably nothing since I had that thought as well.

Anyways, perhaps the seer should consider scanning a newbie tonight. They don't seem to be talking as much and so far they've been given a free ride.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #155
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hey if we say something you dont understand ask....
PB I kinda agree, i dont think BK would put 2 N00bs as wolves.... but the only ones who have played before are you me and DT.....

Probably not two out of the three first time players. It's not like LSG and I are really newbs though. More like sophomores of the game. So I wouldn't make the assumption that of Axxon, Cougarfreak, Danny, LSG, and I, only one of us can be a wolf.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #156
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
BK, I see you are in thread, does the sorcerer count as villager or wolf in the ratio? And if you answered this and I missed it, my bad.
Villager
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #157
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
One thing that jumps out at me about Claph is this post he made. It's as almost as if he knows Jackal is a villager and is trying to be nice to him before he is lynched.

He also suggested the seer scan Lathum the first night which is probably nothing since I had that thought as well.

Anyways, perhaps the seer should consider scanning a newbie tonight. They don't seem to be talking as much and so far they've been given a free ride.

Im beign nice to Jackyl becasue we are freinds away from WW.

He was hinting at a roll....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:15 AM   #158
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

IC IC so you have played befroe.... hmmm

Quote:
Probably not two out of the three first time players. It's not like LSG and I are really newbs though. More like sophomores of the game. So I wouldn't make the assumption that of Axxon, Cougarfreak, Danny, LSG, and I, only one of us can be a wolf.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #159
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Vote Danny

The newbies (including returnies like LSG and myself) have been given a free ride so far. I think Danny was the first newbie to check-in, but the last one to vote in. I would think many newbies would be more eager then that. I may very likely change this vote, but the newbies can't continue to slide by.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #160
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Im beign nice to Jackyl becasue we are freinds away from WW.

He was hinting at a roll....

I can understand the first part but wouldn't the second part mean he was going to be a goner either way that day since I'm sure we all could see he was hinting at a role?

Honestly, I didn't get his making that play at all but I never really thought about it much either. I can understand a wolf making that play to save himself but a villager is just gonna get eaten if he does and manages to shift the vote off himself.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #161
Axxon
Pro Starter

Never mind. I think I know why he'd do it. Duh.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #162
Racer
College Benchwarmer

DaddyTorgo is a veteran and hasn't had much to say. Maybe he can give some of his thoughts whenever he stops by.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:42 AM   #163
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Dola, cougarfreak and Danny should give any thoughts they have as well. Just because you haven't played before doesn't mean you can't be extremely helpful. The more people we have talking and sharing their thoughts the better chance we have of lynching the wolves and winning the game.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #164
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm willing to follow Racer's train of thought for now and, like I said, I'm not sure I want to knock out another vet just because I think a vet could be a wolf.

unvote Claphamsa

vote Danny

Still want to hear more from Cougar though.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #165
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

small games are typically not DT's best environment - it takes him a couple days to get a good read on people. that being said:

i think it's dangerous to assume that BK took an activist-role in selecting the wolves. random.org by signup-# is typically the way it is done, and i wouldn't see BK changing that, even for a game largely of newbs. unless & until we get a word otherwise I'm going to assume that's how the wolves were chosen.

trust no one. make no assumptions.

as far as people pinging my wolfdar - i'm willing to accept for the moment that claphamsa is just trying to be helpful i suppose. I feel like there are many people who haven't had a lot to say - maybe I will look in that direction. I think we "vets" can sit here stabbing each other again and again and drive the game against each other, but at some point somebody's going to have to vote for a new person, even if they "feel bad."

honesetly - there's a number of people i'm not even sure are in the game without going back to the first post. and i don't say that to be cruel - Day 1 is traditionally random and rather quiet.

here is all who i know is in the game just off the top of my head: clap, pb, axxon, lsg, racer?. Not trying to pick on anybody that's not in that list, just saying that i'm still sort of trying to...get a read on people. And maybe I need to be more active in doing that this afternoon/tonight.

In fact, I will be.

VOTE COUGARFREAK

See if that stirs anything up. And FYI Cougarfreak and Danny were the two who I didnt' realize were playing - I nailed everyone else.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:37 AM   #166
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah DT, the small game environment seems much harder to me, even though the ratios are approximately the same. The game just feels more urgent (if that makes sense).

Danny and CougarFreak are where I would like to see pressure today. Scan-wise, I would like to see one of those or one of the vets scanned (I don't want to go offing any other vets if it can be avoided as DT and Claph could be valuable from an analysis standpoint).

That being said, I'm currently on Danny but if it looks like Cougar is the way to go, I'm all for it (especially after he put the 4'th vote on me yesterday).
Old 06-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #167
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

+1

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #168
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

He put the 4th vote on you yesterday PB? That's slightly worrisome IMO...bears keeping an eye on. I'm not necessarily stuck on voting for Coug though.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #169
cougarfreak
College Starter

Pressure on me? For what? I'm a tad lost.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #170
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Pressure on me? For what? I'm a tad lost.

Basically, you've been very quiet. I believe the general rule of thumb is that the wolves have a lot better chance of winning if people are quiet.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #171
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah DT, the small game environment seems much harder to me, even though the ratios are approximately the same. The game just feels more urgent (if that makes sense).

Danny and CougarFreak are where I would like to see pressure today. Scan-wise, I would like to see one of those or one of the vets scanned (I don't want to go offing any other vets if it can be avoided as DT and Claph could be valuable from an analysis standpoint).

That being said, I'm currently on Danny but if it looks like Cougar is the way to go, I'm all for it (especially after he put the 4'th vote on me yesterday).

The most votes you ever had was two. Cougar put the 4th vote on Jackal.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #172
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

unvote PB
Vote Danny

got put some presure on somwehre!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 PM   #173
cougarfreak
College Starter

Sorry, I've been quiet, first game, and last night was the first vote I've ever participated in. I'm not sure how I'm choosing who to vote off, so I've just kind of been observing.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:33 PM   #174
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

the first night it really is pretty muych random, but now we try and pick and chose what peopl have said as well as their order of votes. etc etc.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #175
Axxon
Pro Starter

3 -Danny - racer 159, PurdueBrad 164, claphamsa 172
1- Claphamsa - Axxon 136,
1 - cougarfreak - DaddyTorgo 165

Dangit Clap, second time you flipped off PB and second time PB went from votes to clear. I'm just saying.

Gonna reconsider my vote based on the new developments but I don't like the sound of going after newbies for obvious reasons.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #176
Axxon
Pro Starter

Try it better edited. Sorry. Just got up from a nap.

3- Danny (racer 159, PurdueBrad 164, claphamsa 172)
1 - Claphamsa (Axxon 136)
1 -cougarfreak (DaddyTorgo 165)

With three still to vote.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #177
Axxon
Pro Starter

Ok, consensus is look at new guys who haven't been saying much. If I vote Danny now, it's a pileone. 3-2 means both guys are going to have to say something right?

UNVOTE claphamsa
VOTE cougarfreak
Old 06-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #178
cougarfreak
College Starter

I'll pile on. Vote Danny I'm just following the crowd, being new and all.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #179
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ok, consensus is look at new guys who haven't been saying much. If I vote Danny now, it's a pileone. 3-2 means both guys are going to have to say something right?

UNVOTE claphamsa
VOTE cougarfreak

Yeah. In my one game as a wolf, I really felt like I was having to manufacture my thoughts and posts in the game whereas in my two previous games as a villager I felt like posting came a lot easier. I also felt like I had to really had to lean on AE that game for help. There was someone who saw through me on day one and was on my butt for the rest of the game until I was killed during the day. I was pretty bummed about that because I never got to use a super cool power (I could have switched the game deadline from like 10 pm to 4 pm without advance notice at the expense of being revealed).
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #180
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah. In my one game as a wolf, I really felt like I was having to manufacture my thoughts and posts in the game whereas in my two previous games as a villager I felt like posting came a lot easier. I also felt like I had to really had to lean on AE that game for help. There was someone who saw through me on day one and was on my butt for the rest of the game until I was killed during the day. I was pretty bummed about that because I never got to use a super cool power (I could have switched the game deadline from like 10 pm to 4 pm without advance notice at the expense of being revealed).

That is a cool power.

Has anyone ever considered beefing up the Hunter. Just a tad. What I thought it might be and would be fun is not if theres only a hunter and a werewolf left the hunter wins but if there's only one werewolf left and any amount of villagers if the werewolf fights the hunter ( thus they'd be one on one ) the villagers win??

Just a thought.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #181
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
I'll pile on. Vote Danny I'm just following the crowd, being new and all.

Don't let that stop you from making any observations. Just because you're new doesn't mean your observations are any less insightful.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #182
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Axxon: You've certainly gotten into the spirit of things. Frankly, the hunter role isn't frequently used.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:03 PM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

UNVOTE claphamsa
VOTE cougarfreak

very correct Axxon. you're picking this up fast. that's exactly what i meant by applying pressure to people - put them in a situation where they have to speak to defend themselves. this early on it's often done without much rhyme or reason, but that's the gist of it.

cougar - don't feel like we're picking on you. it's just the way the game is played. and we're all sympathetic to the newbiness...nobody's "upset" at you or anything or scolding you, i hope you realize.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

whoops, sorry my votes haven't been in super-green. i musta missed that in the rules and all.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #185
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The most votes you ever had was two. Cougar put the 4th vote on Jackal.

Thanks Racer, I completely misread last night's vote and for some reason thought I just missed getting lynched. Long day got to me I guess. So Cougar actually put the fourth vote on Jackal, which is pretty rough.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #186
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote: Danny
Vote: Cougarfreak

The vote was 4 to 2 I think, so this makes it 3-3. I want to see how things play out the rest of the day so I may change my vote again at some point. The way it is right now, only Danny really needs to worry. This way both of them have to worry (which is good if one of them is a wolf).
Old 06-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #187
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unvote: Danny
Vote: Cougarfreak

The vote was 4 to 2 I think, so this makes it 3-3. I want to see how things play out the rest of the day so I may change my vote again at some point. The way it is right now, only Danny really needs to worry. This way both of them have to worry (which is good if one of them is a wolf).

solid play. you new folks are impressing me with your knowledge of WWery.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #188
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

tru tru, but we dont want a tie, unless BK has told us the mech for breaking ties...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Racer played in a Spawn game. Anyone who played in a Spawn game is an automatic veteran.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #190
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
tru tru, but we dont want a tie, unless BK has told us the mech for breaking ties...
Longest held vote.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #191
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Racer played in a Spawn game. Anyone who played in a Spawn game is an automatic veteran.

What qualifies a game to be considered a Spawn game? I played in Alan T's Clash of the Titans and Tombstone games (both of which had some complex game mechanics) and Pass's BCS game which was probably more of a math game then a werewolf game (a lot of fun though).
Old 06-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #192
Danny
Head Coach

I voted when I got home from work. I'm on the west coast, so don't get home as early as some others. I'll admit right now at this point I'm going to vote for whoever is closest to me as there is only one person I know is a villager (myself) and voting another one out would probably lose us the game based on what Purduebrad said
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #193
Danny
Head Coach

Vote Cougarfreak

I already said I would vote for whoever would save me, but his comment about piling on to someone he knows is not a werewolf makes it seem like he could be one.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:56 PM   #194
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

where on the wrong coast are you?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:57 PM   #195
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Vote Cougarfreak

I already said I would vote for whoever would save me, but his comment about piling on to someone he knows is not a werewolf makes it seem like he could be one.

quote whenever possible

some of us are lazy, and will miss your argument!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #196
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
where on the wrong coast are you?

Northridge in Los Angeles County.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #197
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
voting another one out would probably lose us the game based on what Purduebrad said

Yeah, this is pretty important here and I'll be curious to see wolf-movement at the deadline. The one thing in our favor is that the sorcerer counts as a villager for the ratio.

We're 6-2 now but a bad lynch and night kill would put us 4-2 (and really a 3-3 tie given that the sorcerer would likely vote with the wolves). The seer is going to have to come up big tonight.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #198
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah, this is pretty important here and I'll be curious to see wolf-movement at the deadline. The one thing in our favor is that the sorcerer counts as a villager for the ratio.

We're 6-2 now but a bad lynch and night kill would put us 4-2 (and really a 3-3 tie given that the sorcerer would likely vote with the wolves). The seer is going to have to come up big tonight.

I think the seer should consider scanning a newbie or someone who isn't is a likely target of the wolves (and hopefully is a wolf). That way, in the very least, we will at least know someone who isn't a wolf. Lathum was killed the first night by the wolves after all the early talk about how dangerous of a player he was and since there isn't a body guard in this game, the wolves don't have to worry about their attack being blocked. It would be bad if the seer scanned the person who ended up getting killed killed tonight by the wolves.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #199
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Has LSG voted yet?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #200
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Has LSG voted yet?