Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #351
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
So there are 16 roles listed (with 3 telepaths), the others will be added tonight.

Quoting this for the benefit of Nfg, who earlier was wondering if there were 2 or 3 telepaths.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #352
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

if it hadn't worked my vote today would have been squarely on Martin.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #353
Thomkal
Head Coach

Great job there Ntn with the inferno device. I'm not sure if it was a wise decision or not when we didn't know Lathum's role, but it was now or never and he had voted for you plus brought up being suspicious of "vanilla villagers" when we all knew there were none. Could see that as a wolf fishing for day 1 targets. So can't really blame you either even if it had gone bad for us commoners.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:33 AM   #354
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Quoting this for the benefit of Nfg, who earlier was wondering if there were 2 or 3 telepaths.

And I like I said beyond that, it was actually in the PM as well that there are three of us.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #355
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
if it hadn't worked my vote today would have been squarely on Martin.

Can you explain this? I'm not following you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #356
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Can you explain this? I'm not following you.

I should have just waited on that. there are a couple of things that were said that led me to question Lathum. I got lucky that the inferno device was there, and that we lynched where the original inferno device was. Beyond this I can't say more yet.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #357
Autumn
Head Coach

I have a couple thoughts on votes today but I will wait until after the night deadline to see what that tells us. (which is at noon EST, right?)
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Sarcastic or sincere? If sarcastic, I would point out my stating of Martin as Nostradamus around 9:50 last night.

sincere
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #359
Autumn
Head Coach

Also I find it amusingly ironic that two of our telepaths were the ones not to vote yesterday.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #360
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

haha - i already explained my lack of vote. got caught up talking to my best friend who i hadn't talked to in like...over a month.

probably only like the 3rd or 4th time i've ever missed a vote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #361
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Also I find it amusingly ironic that two of our telepaths were the ones not to vote yesterday.

It was Hoops' fault. We both communicated our wished telepathically, but he did not put down the votes for us.

Though it was funny and if it had been different where the two of us weren't essentially cleared, I am sure there would be heat on us for that. In my defense though, I wanted to be here
Old 06-24-2009, 09:48 AM   #362
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, for sure. I can't think of a way that you guys could be telepaths and bad, and no one's counter revealed, so you're good. But in a tight race like that, with two vocal players not voting, I would have been suspect.

I know you guys can't necessarily talk with each other, but it's just amusing that it was you two.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #363
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I have a couple thoughts on votes today but I will wait until after the night deadline to see what that tells us. (which is at noon EST, right?)

Yessir.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:51 AM   #364
Autumn
Head Coach

I know I'm on someone's suspect list there for my early vote on Dubb. I'll go ahead and give my explanation, which is just the same as when I voted. I think it was 2-2-1-1 or something when I voted and I wanted to make sure there were more than two candidates, but not 5 or 6, so I followed on someone with one vote already. That's the best i can say. I think Martin was the other 1 vote fellow but I didn't want to follow on that vote since we weren't sure if it was legal yet or not.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I voted for dubb because I didn;t want to introduce more candidates at that point, and I didn;t wnat to waste my vote. hoops and BK and Lathum are players who always get Day One suspicion, so I wanted to stay clear of that, so I chose between dubb and Martin.

In retrospect, I think that was a good move. Ohters pointed out how they thought Martin was Nostradamus and dubb was the phoenix, so we got someone in the COT, and then the inferno device moved, and ntndeacon blew up a wolf and rr as the hunter.

The result? We massively increased our COT and killed a wolf, none of which would have happened with a MartinD lynch. Now, I didn't know that at the time, of course, but in retrospect, that appears to be pretty solid stuff.

We are in one of the strongest positions I can ever recall this early in the game, so we can sit back, relax, analyze, and figure things out from here.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:01 AM   #366
The Jackal
Coordinator

I believe I'm missing movements from three people. I'll send PMs and if this is incorrect, please re-send. I would request for the future that all movements be standalone PMs - either a response to mine or an obviously named PM. Everyone has done a good job with that so far, just want to keep it as easy as possible and try not to lose people's moves.

Last edited by The Jackal : 06-24-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:24 AM   #367
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I voted for dubb because I didn;t want to introduce more candidates at that point, and I didn;t wnat to waste my vote. hoops and BK and Lathum are players who always get Day One suspicion, so I wanted to stay clear of that, so I chose between dubb and Martin.

In retrospect, I think that was a good move. Ohters pointed out how they thought Martin was Nostradamus and dubb was the phoenix, so we got someone in the COT, and then the inferno device moved, and ntndeacon blew up a wolf and rr as the hunter.

The result? We massively increased our COT and killed a wolf, none of which would have happened with a MartinD lynch. Now, I didn't know that at the time, of course, but in retrospect, that appears to be pretty solid stuff.

We are in one of the strongest positions I can ever recall this early in the game, so we can sit back, relax, analyze, and figure things out from here.

Can you explain the part in bold?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #368
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, I see. rr is role reveal. Anyway, do we care to speculate on ntn's win conditions, since he is neutral?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #369
Danny
Head Coach

role reveal as the inferno hunter is what he meant, he was using l33t speak.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #370
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Oh, I see. rr is role reveal. Anyway, do we care to speculate on ntn's win conditions, since he is neutral?

He probably won by destroying the inferno device, he probably just needs to survive now.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:30 AM   #371
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
He probably won by destroying the inferno device, he probably just needs to survive now.

I would agree with that. I could also imagine him siding with your side, since I believe the wolves had some power over the device, right? So they seem antagonistic to him.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #372
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I would agree with that. I could also imagine him siding with your side, since I believe the wolves had some power over the device, right? So they seem antagonistic to him.

With who's side?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #373
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Interesting slip here
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #374
Danny
Head Coach

Autumn was the person I was likely to vote for today anyway and with that, it will be unlikely I go elsewhere unless there is a good explanation.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #375
Autumn
Head Coach

Just a typo guys. our side. Feel free to blow it out of proportion.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #376
Schmidty
Coordinator

Checking in before work.

I'm not sure yet if I'm still allowed in the game, but I hope so. Anyway, I'll be back around 6 p.m. EST. Also, I hate to bring it up, but I'd really like to apologize to everyone about last night.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #377
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Feel free to blow it out of proportion.

Already on it
Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM   #378
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Already on it

Thanks, I'd hate for us not to have something minor and inconsequential for us to waste our energy on today ;-)
Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #379
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Thanks, I'd hate for us not to have something minor and inconsequential for us to waste our energy on today ;-)

To be fair, without that, you were one of the four players on my list of where to look. Out of that list of four, I had you and JAG at the top based on perceiving BK and Abe a little differently
Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #380
Autumn
Head Coach

Sure, I understand. Early is all by guts and I brought that attention on myself with the slip. Not much I can say.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #381
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Day 1 recap:

Quote:
Lathum votes ntn (90) -- he is often quiet -- ntn 1
Tyrith votes ntn (92) -- Default D1 vote -- ntn 2
ntn votes Lathum (99) -- ntn is not an ancient -- ntn 2, lathum 1
BK votes dubb (102) -- ntn and dubb with PassPoints, but ntn has votes already -- ntn 2, dubb 1, lathum 1
dubb votes BK (103) -- retaliation -- ntn 2, bk 1, dubb 1, lathum 1
MartinD votes Lathum (127) -- no point in adding another candidate -- lathum 2, ntn 2, bk 1, dubb 1
nfg votes MartinD (135) -- looking at people who jumped on Lathum -- lathum 2, ntn 2, bk 1, dubb 1, MartinD 1
Autumn votes dubb (141) -- nothing to go on, consolidating to a three-way race -- dubb 2, lathum 2, ntn 2, bk 1, MartinD 1
Lathum unvotes ntn, votes MartinD (144) -- does not like Martin's vote -- dubb 2, lathum 2, martinD 2, bk 1, ntn 1
Thomkal votes Bk (146) -- wants a 4-way tie -- bk 2, dubb 2, lathum 2, martinD 2, ntn 1
Abe votes dubb (151) -- wants to choose one of the 4, Lathum and BK always get D1 votes, went with 1st name on list of two left -- dubb 3, bk 2, lathum 2, martinD 2, ntn 1
JAG votes MartinD (154) -- does not like Martin's statement about not wanting to vote for the two that voted each other, since Lathum and ntn had done that also -- dubb 3, MartinD 3, bk 2, lathum 2, ntn 1
Martin unvotes Lathum, votes dubb (158) -- self-defense (but says he has good reason for voting Lathum) -- dubb 4, martinD 3, bk 2, lathum 1, ntn 1
Abe unvotes dubb, votes Schmidty (162) -- thought Schmidty had not checked in -- dubb 3, martind 3, bk 2, lathum 1, ntn 1, schmidty 1
Abe unvotes Schmidty, votes dubb (165) -- realized Schmidty had checked in -- dubb 4, martind 3, bk 2, lathum 1, ntn 1
Pass votes dubb (167) -- did not like hoops's defense of dubb -- dubb 5, martind 3, bk 2, lathum 1, ntn 1, schmidty 1
Schmidty votes and unvotes Abe -- upset that Abe thought he had not checked in
Chief Rum votes Martind (178) -- i think he was trying to say he wanted to avoid a runaway -- dubb 5, martind 4, bk 2, lathum 1, ntn 1
ntn unvotes lathum, votes martind (183) -- does not like martind's answers -- dubb 5, martind 5, bk 2, ntn 1
Tyrith unvotes ntn, votes martind (184) -- votes for one with actual suspicion -- martind 6, dubb 5, bk 2
ntn unvotes martind, votes dubb (185) -- realized martind had not voted right after him? -- dubb 6, martind 5, bk 2
lerriuqs votes dubb (190) -- let's see where this goes -- dubb 7, martind 5, bk 2
render votes martin (191) -- wants to keep it close -- dubb 7, martin 6, bk 2
hoops votes dubb (192) -- dubb is marginally more likely to be a wolf -- dubb 8, martin 6, bk 2
Schmidty votes Martin (207) -- keeping it close -- dubb 8, martin 7, bk 2
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #382
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

So if that's the case, shouldn't we kill him?
Old 06-24-2009, 10:48 AM   #383
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, what I could do to defend myself is send you some of my typing. I do transcription for a living and if you saw what my raw typing looked like you'd be amazed there weren't a lot more typos in my posts.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #384
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Well that's a pretty low reward play. There's no chance it gives us a wolf, it gives us no voting record and best case scenario it doesn't help our win conditions, worst case scenario it hurts our win conditoins.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 AM   #385
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Why? Him winning has no negative effect on us potentially winning. I guess the only possibility would be him reaching the center, but that's a concern for later. We need to find and kill the wolves.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #386
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Why? Him winning has no negative effect on us potentially winning. I guess the only possibility would be him reaching the center, but that's a concern for later. We need to find and kill the wolves.

I can see this -- I guess it depends on whether or not his win conditions are such that if he meets them, that means we can't win. I'd definitely like to hear more from him, at least.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #387
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, what I could do to defend myself is send you some of my typing. I do transcription for a living and if you saw what my raw typing looked like you'd be amazed there weren't a lot more typos in my posts.

So you're saying it's just a typo, not a mixed-up thought? I ask because the Y and O keys are not close to each other.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #388
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So you're saying it's just a typo, not a mixed-up thought? I ask because the Y and O keys are not close to each other.

Yes, it's a typo.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #389
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I can see this -- I guess it depends on whether or not his win conditions are such that if he meets them, that means we can't win. I'd definitely like to hear more from him, at least.

His role description doesn't sound like his winning would be in opposition to us, unlike the minotaur and possibly even Loki. Though with this fine start if I were Loki, I would hedge toward joining the village.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #390
The Jackal
Coordinator

Beginning processing movements.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #391
Danny
Head Coach

I better not be dead again
Old 06-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #392
Autumn
Head Coach

I would think they'd leave the telepaths alone at this point and try to find a juicier role.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #393
Autumn
Head Coach

I was hoping to see the results before I run out, but I'm going to have to go now. I'll be back in a bit.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #394
The Jackal
Coordinator

In an orgy of beautiful, dancing flames, dubb is reborn.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #395
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

there's your results. dubb had an orgy!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:26 AM   #396
Danny
Head Coach

No movement PM yet, I am getting nervous
Old 06-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #397
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
No movement PM yet, I am getting nervous

There's 10 left, feeling lucky?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #398
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
There's 10 left, feeling lucky?

At this point I know I'll either not be getting one because I am dead or I'll be the last one to get one
Old 06-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #399
Danny
Head Coach

A ha! I got my pm!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:48 AM   #400
The Jackal
Coordinator

All moves are out.