DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #152
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
checking in!

That reminds me - post #3 is updated.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-05-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: will remember the red font during initial post one of these times ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

haha...bring it on! I HAVE THE SPECIAL POWER OF NEVER NEEDING TO PAUSE TO USE THE RESTROOM!!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:02 PM   #154
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
haha...bring it on! I HAVE THE SPECIAL POWER OF NEVER NEEDING TO PAUSE TO USE THE RESTROOM!!!!

I think that Depends.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #155
Autumn
Head Coach

Just back from fireworks, hardly been in the house all weekend. Things should be back to normal this week though so I'll be checking in more tomorrow.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:34 PM   #156
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, I'm in but just a reminder I'll be driving up from Myrtle Beach to Chicago the next couple days but will be able to check in some.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #157
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Just got back into town. Welcome to werewolf ISiddiqui, I'm working on game #2 currently. I'm glad to be on the side of the village this go-around.

And greetings Mr. Bauer / DT. I hope I can be of some assistance in taking down The Conspiracy.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #158
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Checking in as a good guy....has anyone ever checked in as wolf? Yet it seems we make a big deal out of how people check in.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:14 PM   #159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nah. the checking in thing is really overblown 99.999999% of the time.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #160
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Without regards to the speculation, I will point out that hoops and I did this together. All decisions were reached on a mutual basis. While hoops has been more prominent in the thread we've both been busy behind the scenes. In other words :P

I can very much support this from my own experience as co-GM with him.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:25 PM   #161
Tyrith
College Starter

I think if someone checked in as a wolf they would probably get D1 lynched.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #162
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

It seems like Day 1 lynches are usually on presuppositions of players.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #163
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
It seems like Day 1 lynches are usually on presuppositions of players.

To a point and there are usually certain players who are more likely to get day one votes than others. Plus, even the slightest slip up or suspicious post tends to be overblown or capitalized on by the wolves on day 1 as there really is nothing else to go on.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #164
Danny
Head Coach

I would be willing drop some money on me doubling the number of posts of other players while I am alive. Those who usually can keep pace with me have a lack of availability or are GMing. It would be appreciated if some of you make as many filler posts as possible, so I don't feel too bad about the high number of posts.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:50 AM   #165
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Jack Bauer is going to bed.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #166
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I've never seen the show, but Jack Bauer doesn't sleep, does he?
Old 07-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #167
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I don't know who my person is, since I don't watch the show. I must wiki them to find out more tommorrow.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:54 AM   #168
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have received my role. I might reveal it, but I don't know yet that we have established the wisdom of that yet, so I'll wait for more discussion on this tomorrow.

Plus, for all we know, the wolves might have actions here during the night phase (as is common). I'm not sure it's such a good idea to offer up free information for them to possibly use, although I assume (hope?) they wouldn't have a Night 0 kill option.

Speaking of nightkills, any guesses from anyone as to how those might work, with the lynches pretty much happening who knows when? Is it as simple as they just send in a conditional, and if the lynch happens, nightkill immediately follows? I suppose this is possible, but my guess, given what I know of the mods' games in the past, is that it won't be that simple.

I think we should have serious discussions as to how (and perhaps whether) we should use the PM options available to us. Is there a clear way we can take advantage of this? Establish some level of trust with a player, and feed them role information perhaps? Not sure how to work that yet. Could get messy.

BTW, just had a thought, the rules say something about the wolves knowing a couple roles not in the game. But there are, what 31-32 roles in the rules and 24 players? If we all role reveal, we expand the wolves ability to "fake role reveal" another 4-5 roles, wouldn't we?

Okay, I have said my piece. Gonna have to take posts where they come, because we're busy as hell at my job, and it's going to be hard for me to even follow along during the days, much less post. I will try to check in a couple times per day during the workday, but it may be hard. I'll try to make up for it with massive nighttime posting.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:56 AM   #169
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Speaking of nightkills, any guesses from anyone as to how those might work, with the lynches pretty much happening who knows when? Is it as simple as they just send in a conditional, and if the lynch happens, nightkill immediately follows? I suppose this is possible, but my guess, given what I know of the mods' games in the past, is that it won't be that simple.

I am not sure how the wolf kills will work, but I assume it has to be similar to many 24-hour clock games where the lynch and the wolf-kill get posted at the same time. Otherwise it gets messy allowing people to vote and then be killed routinely as a way to effect the vote. Either way, not something we should bank any kind of strategy on until we see how it works the first few days.

Quote:
BTW, just had a thought, the rules say something about the wolves knowing a couple roles not in the game. But there are, what 31-32 roles in the rules and 24 players? If we all role reveal, we expand the wolves ability to "fake role reveal" another 4-5 roles, wouldn't we?

I just assume that it is like many games where everyone has an individual role. Because some people familiar with the show know which characters are pre-disposed to evil, the wolves are simply given enough cover roles to protect themselves. So if any of them need to do a role-reveal for some reason.. they say they are someone on the list that they received of roles not in the game. This way mass role reveals don't do anything to help clear anyone other than the fact that if two people claim the same person you know there are issues.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #170
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This way mass role reveals don't do anything to help clear anyone other than the fact that if two people claim the same person you know there are issues.

Going to 'rule-dive' for a sec here.

Quote:
the Conspiracy will know at least two characters that are not in the game in order to assist with fake reveals.

Depending on how many wolves there are, it's possible the number of characters they know are not in the game is less than their total number. Because the list of powers is unpublished, I don't think it would be a difficult matter to make up a convincing story based on their role, especially with the following mechanic:

Quote:
The faction of the players, with the exception of Jack Bauer, is not predicated on the actions on the television show.

So there's every possibility that a character like Kim Bauer who was always on the side of good on the show has decided she is bitter towards the government for what they've turned Jack into and has joined the Conspiracy to enact revenge. Anyway, this is all to say I think there's little reason for everyone to role reveal and that it would be more useful on a case-by-case basis when there's a good reason to do so.

Quote:
I think we should have serious discussions as to how (and perhaps whether) we should use the PM options available to us. Is there a clear way we can take advantage of this? Establish some level of trust with a player, and feed them role information perhaps? Not sure how to work that yet. Could get messy.

I haven't played many games of Werewolf, but I don't know that there's been a game where all villagers have had PM abilities. What kinds of things do people typically do when they have PM abilities like a lover role in previous games? Possibly it could be used to coordinate votes behind the scenes? (although that could be obvious to wolves when you look back at voting) Regarding feeding role information, there's obviously a danger that the person on the other end could be a wolf and you'd be providing them or potentially a neutral party with that information. In general I would be wary of PMing people that aren't fully cleared like Jack unless there might be a reason (based on your role?)
Old 07-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #171
Danny
Head Coach

There are definite uses for both sides regarding the PM ability although on day 1 it might be limited.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:12 AM   #172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Tick, tick, tick...
Old 07-06-2009, 06:15 AM   #173
saldana
Pro Starter

checking in...if we can keep the posts below 200 by noon (yes danny, i am talking to you), i should be able to keep up from work
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:43 AM   #174
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I actually just now read the rules. I guess we all get to send 4 Pms each day, I'll likely send two of mine initially this morning, and save my last two as response PMs if needed.

Also I was going to get a vote in just to make sure I don't miss it since I don't know when I'll be able to check in during the day. However the rule about Vote % needed has me hesitant to do so. Since I guess there is no specific deadline for lynch, I guess there could be an early lynch in the day if enough votes go one way or another. So I'll just wait and hope I get back. I also now understand what Chief meant about not knowing how the wolf kill works. With no deadline, I guess that does make that something interesting to watch for.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I actually just now read the rules. I guess we all get to send 4 Pms each day, I'll likely send two of mine initially this morning

I don't think we're allowed to send PMs yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Roles are out. Please let us know by PM if you did not get one.

Those with Night 0 actions please submit them. Deadline is Monday, July 6th at 9PM CST.

Everyone else, between now and then is a good time to ask questions about the game. As a reminder, there are no "open PM" rights on Night 0. Those begin at the start of Day 1.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 AM   #176
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
There are definite uses for both sides regarding the PM ability although on day 1 it might be limited.

Can you expand on what you're thinking here? Chief Rum and I have thrown out our thoughts, we have one brand new player and myself working on game #2, and even some experienced players may not be able to conceive of what you're thinking that might be helpful for those in the government to know, so long as it won't be overly helpful for the conspiracy to see your thoughts laid out.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #177
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For those that watch the show...does anyone doubt that Jack has 'enhanced interrogation techniques' as a power?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #178
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys, I'm in but just a reminder I'll be driving up from Myrtle Beach to Chicago the next couple days but will be able to check in some.

Oh sure visit Myrtle Beach, but don't stop in and say hi to me. Guess I gotta vote for you now. Hope you had a good time while you were here.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #179
Thomkal
Head Coach

Just checking in here-will be somewhat busy today so may not post a lot till later.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #180
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Oh sure visit Myrtle Beach, but don't stop in and say hi to me. Guess I gotta vote for you now. Hope you had a good time while you were here.

Didn't even realize it Thomkal! My parents have a place here that we will be frequenting a couple times a year, we will definitely have to try to get together next time.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:17 AM   #181
KWhit
Coordinator

Hi guys. Obligatory Monday morning check-in post.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #182
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Didn't bulletsponge always check in as a wolf? I know he did more than once. It probably didn't have any correlation to his wolfiness, but everyone would go crazy chatting about it, anyway.

Anyway, I still need to read the rules.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 AM   #183
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Out of character!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #184
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm expecting a lot of PM's when you all are able to send PM's...will clear out my inbox
Old 07-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #185
Telle
College Starter

Good morning everyone. Just checking in.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
So we know the following right now

23:00-23:59 = 40%

For now I will throw in guesstimates how the rest might go and then we can add in the lynch information as we gain it.

26:00-26:59
25:00-25:59 = 20%
24:00-24:59 = 30%
23:00-23:59 = 40%
20:00-22:59 = 50%
15:00-19:59 = 60%
10:00-14:59 = 70%
5:00-9:59 = 80%
1:00-4:59 = 90%
0:00-1:00 = 100%

I feel pretty good that the percentage will drop quickly after 24 hours expire as I'm sure Hoops wants to average a player lynched per day and now drop out a lynch very long. The rest is just guesses, but as lynched occur we should able to come up with a more accurate chart.

I'm not sure I agree on the top half of your table, Danny. My hunch would be that if no one gets 40% of the vote, we've got no lynch for the day.

Question: What happens if two players have 40% of the vote when the clock ticks 23:00?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #187
Tyrith
College Starter

Mass reveal is going to be worse than useless in this game, because the abilities a role has aren't likely to be completely uncoordinated to the character. I'd rather not narrow down their seer candidate list any.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #188
Tyrith
College Starter

My guess would be that it doesn't go lower than 40%, and after 23 hours as soon as someone gets to 40% they die.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 AM   #189
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I'm not sure I agree on the top half of your table, Danny. My hunch would be that if no one gets 40% of the vote, we've got no lynch for the day.

Question: What happens if two players have 40% of the vote when the clock ticks 23:00?
Ties are unlikely. As soon as someone meets the minimum % needed for that time period they are lynched. The only way for a tie to happen is if they enter a time period tied with the minimum % needed. In that case the lynch will occur as soon as the tie is broken.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #190
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

busy day at work today...will likely be fairly quiet
Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #191
kingfc22
Head Coach

Checking in this morning. Got my role and ready to roll.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #192
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

So...DT is Jack? So we can put him in the CoT....I think the CoT knowing roles would be good at somepoint. Then they can discuss who else should be in the CoT based on reveals?
Old 07-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #193
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

But it will be hard because characters dont have said powers. That being so, two people could reveal different but both say they have the same power...Do you think there are more than one Seer, BG....Etc...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 AM   #194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Putting in one minor rules update - please do not forward your starting PM verbatim as part of the "4 PM Send" option. The contents can certainly be discussed if you feel it is advantageous, but the moderators would prefer that these PMs are not disclosed in their entirety. Pretty standard WW stuff about not quoting PMs, but wanted to make sure that this clarification was out there before the start of Day 1.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #195
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, my expectation to get right to work this morning turned into mowing the lawn and constructing a lemonade stand. I'm now caught up though, I think.

I don't see that mass role reveals would help at all. The names don't tell us anything about their allegiance. I think the roles will really just work behind the scenes and we have to hope people make good use of their abilities.

The voting mechanic is what has me wondering. I'd be wary of putting out an early vote as the wolves could turn it into a quick lynch. But the mechanic would allow us to have a denser voting record than normal if we turn lynches around quickly, which after the last few games sounds great. I miss solid voting records to look at.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #196
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
But it will be hard because characters dont have said powers. That being so, two people could reveal different but both say they have the same power...Do you think there are more than one Seer, BG....Etc...

My guess is that there are multiple roles with variations on the standards. So there might be two or more seer type powers with different limitations or nuances.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #197
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Checking in as a good guy....has anyone ever checked in as wolf? Yet it seems we make a big deal out of how people check in.

Bulletsponge tried that a couple of times. I think he was a day 1 lynch both times so it's a low percentage move.

I am checking in as well. Though that seems obvious.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #198
saldana
Pro Starter

based upon my own role description, it would make sense to me that the abilities are at least nebulously related to the characters, but since the alliegences are not related to the characters, a mass role reveal doesnt really do anything for us.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #199
The Jackal
Coordinator

So are we allowed to send PMs yet or is that not until tonight at 9?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #200
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
So are we allowed to send PMs yet or is that not until tonight at 9?
no...we cant do anything yet.