Old 07-21-2009, 09:46 AM   #301
TheNorm
Mascot

Crap, late for class!
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:56 AM   #302
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, the rabble rouser could have come in handy with a standoff or a seer reveal that netted two wolves, but not a huge loss.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #303
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

gotta get a vote in just in case I have a long day

Vote MartinD

since we know Danny is a wolf a quick look at the vote shows me Martin may have been trying to muddle things up by casting a 3rd vote on Jag and trying to get another candidate other then Danny to emerge.. He then leaves it there all day despite the Pass/ Danny run off.

My other person to vote would be Pass.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #304
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
gotta get a vote in just in case I have a long day

Vote MartinD

since we know Danny is a wolf a quick look at the vote shows me Martin may have been trying to muddle things up by casting a 3rd vote on Jag and trying to get another candidate other then Danny to emerge.. He then leaves it there all day despite the Pass/ Danny run off.

My other person to vote would be Pass.

I posted my vote just before 11 UK time, then went to bed (as I usually have the alarm set for before 6 on work days) - wasn't exactly in a position to change my vote... It's not ideal, as it means that I'm never going to be around for the day deadline, but there's not a lot I can do about it.

If I had indulged in a bit of sleep-posting, I would have switched my vote to Danny or Pass.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #305
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote Pass

Also a place holder just in case I get tied up but might as well see what the story was on the other candidate yesterday.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #306
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Yeah, I'd say there would be no reason I can think of to withhold that information, so it's good that you shared it. Since there's no guarantee that the slut Blakekin is in the game or even if there is it's possible they could choose to enslut a fellow wolf, it's possible you could be a wolf lying about it. Unlikely perhaps, just saying that it's not a guarantee that you're trusted with this information being presented. At this point I'm ok going along with it and the truth will come out soon enough with lynches or scans.

I really didn't know what to do with the informaion. It's not like I know who did it so it really doesn't do us any good.

As for the lynch/scan options. I would rather it be a scan than a lynch. I know I will turn up good on a scan. With that said it would be a waste of a scan in my eyes as it won't net a wolf (yes I understand that "of course I'm going to say that").
Old 07-21-2009, 11:23 AM   #307
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Guh, today's test was brutally hard but we studied so I think I did okay, probably pulled around a C/C+. Spike was a big help in just getting that.

I'm still looking over the votes but Lathum's move was big, but doesn't necessarily make him 'good' but moves him in that direction.

EF being enslutted (what do you expect when he's a Flyers fan, he'll take what he can get) gains him a decent amount of trust as well, particularly since nobody else has claimed being enslutted.

Anyway, I hate lynching the other day 1 candidate (maybe because I've been there a lot lately) so I'm trying to look elsewhere first. However, if we were wolf-wolf, then sacrificing Danny makes sense from their POV. I would like to hear from Jets, ntn, and Schmidty on why they all remained on outliers. Martin D has already said why for himself.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #308
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think a Pass lynch could tell us a lot, if he is a wolf. I see some interesting movement yesterday and some could be wolf manipulation (if Pass is a wolf).
Old 07-21-2009, 12:28 PM   #309
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Now that I think about it more, even if Pass is good we still may learn quite a bit from it, probably learn more if he is bad though.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #310
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone home? It's been quiet in here, we need more talking.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #311
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post

Yeah, I'm checking in relatively often. I don't really know where I'm going with a vote, I'd like to hear from the people PB suggested but agree with you that finding out what Pass is could help us in vote analysis. My vote on him doesn't look great since it was late in the day but I didn't want to make it a late runaway for Danny. Course it looks better if he turns out to be a wolf, also.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 PM   #312
The Jackal
Coordinator

It is pretty quiet though. People must actually be going to class today, Claude.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #313
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Yeah, I'm checking in relatively often. I don't really know where I'm going with a vote, I'd like to hear from the people PB suggested but agree with you that finding out what Pass is could help us in vote analysis. My vote on him doesn't look great since it was late in the day but I didn't want to make it a late runaway for Danny. Course it looks better if he turns out to be a wolf, also.

I am not always in favor of the "let's try the other candidate" move but I think this could be huge for us to find out.

If Pass is bad it may tell us a lot. I will wait a bit to look over the voting before making any kind of list but it definitely gives us something to look at as the wolves would want to have Danny lynched over a normal wolf; at any cost I would believe.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:51 PM   #314
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
It is pretty quiet though. People must actually be going to class today, Claude.

I'm thinking the last few games burnt people out.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #315
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Guh, today's test was brutally hard but we studied so I think I did okay, probably pulled around a C/C+. Spike was a big help in just getting that.

I'm still looking over the votes but Lathum's move was big, but doesn't necessarily make him 'good' but moves him in that direction.

EF being enslutted (what do you expect when he's a Flyers fan, he'll take what he can get) gains him a decent amount of trust as well, particularly since nobody else has claimed being enslutted.

Anyway, I hate lynching the other day 1 candidate (maybe because I've been there a lot lately) so I'm trying to look elsewhere first. However, if we were wolf-wolf, then sacrificing Danny makes sense from their POV. I would like to hear from Jets, ntn, and Schmidty on why they all remained on outliers. Martin D has already said why for himself.

As I posted before, I was grounded all day and was not allowed on the computer. I didn't do my homework yesterday and the teacher called my parents.

[ooc] Visiting the folks so I didn't have much computer access until after the deadline [/ooc]
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #316
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
I am not always in favor of the "let's try the other candidate" move but I think this could be huge for us to find out.

If Pass is bad it may tell us a lot. I will wait a bit to look over the voting before making any kind of list but it definitely gives us something to look at as the wolves would want to have Danny lynched over a normal wolf; at any cost I would believe.

Are there any other viable candidates at this point? (Yes, I realise that I might be on that list after not changing my vote yesterday, but I think that I have a good alibi for that one )
Old 07-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #317
Danny
Head Coach

RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggg
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:13 PM   #318
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm thinking the last few games burnt people out.

DO-Labyrinth-24 was personally exhausting, so I definitely can see it.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #319
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im in mourning over my BFF!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #320
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:

Can't talk too much, already busted for being late this morning...screw up again and Mr. Feeney will give me detention f'sure!
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:32 PM   #321
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggggggggg

That's it, I'm telling Poli!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #322
Danny
Head Coach

Ringizle fo shizzle
Old 07-21-2009, 01:34 PM   #323
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Poli the school bell has out posted two players.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 PM   #324
Danny
Head Coach

I died first and I bet I still outpost half the players
Old 07-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #325
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

lolerskates!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #326
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:

It's a bad sign when you see this post, and go to check the post counts to be sure that you're not one of them

Anyway, back to studying...
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #327
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What exam are you taking, Martin?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #328
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
What exam are you taking, Martin?

Have a few coming up - maths and physics next week, so lots of studying to do...

[ooc]I have very little idea of how the US education system works, which you probably guessed already [/ooc]
Old 07-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #329
Danny
Head Coach

I am headed to my spooking 101 class as soon as I get out of ghostal dimension physics class. School is a pain!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #330
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD View Post
Have a few coming up - maths and physics next week, so lots of studying to do...

[ooc]I have very little idea of how the US education system works, which you probably guessed already [/ooc]

Oh, I thought the UK also used SOA exams, but I wasn't sure of that, so I thought it might have been one of those.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #331
MartinD
High School Varsity

In real life, it's the golfing and running that take up a lot of my free time - am thankfully quite a few years past the need to do exams. Heading out for a few miles just now, but will be back on later.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh heh I didn't notice the ooc part -- never mind! I'm out of it today.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #333
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
In real life, it's the golfing and running that take up a lot of my free time - am thankfully quite a few years past the need to do exams. Heading out for a few miles just now, but will be back on later.

Yep. Besides being out of it, I'm gearing myself up for exams -- ordering manuals today.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #334
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh, I thought the UK also used SOA exams, but I wasn't sure of that, so I thought it might have been one of those.

No, we have our own actuarial exam system (run by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries) - suspect that there's a lot of overlap in terms of general principles, but the country-specific detail will be quite a bit different.

(Yes, I probably ended up with a character that doesn't really require a lot of role-playing )
Old 07-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #335
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yep. Besides being out of it, I'm gearing myself up for exams -- ordering manuals today.

Hope that this session of studying goes well for you

How far are you through the exams?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #336
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Based on MartinD's explanation, I don't think we should be so fast to jump on him. So, with that in mind...

Vote Passacaglia
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:07 PM   #337
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Hope that this session of studying goes well for you

How far are you through the exams?

I've done four, and have two left, plus some "modules" that they've added. I really want to finish these off in one sitting each, but that's going to be difficult.

What's the job market like in the UK? My wife and I are both in companies (she's also taking exams, but on the casualty side) with offices in London, and we think it would be cool to see if we can get transferred to those offices for a while. We've never been there, but since a ton of my favorite bands are from Scotland, I figure why not.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM   #338
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'd actually like to know what the job market is like in the UK too. I lived in London for a semester and I would not mind moving there at all.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:18 PM   #339
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
What's the job market like in the UK?

Not great at the moment - the financial sector over here took a pretty big hit from the credit crunch, and there have been quite a few redundancies, so there's a lot of competition for jobs. There are still jobs out there, though.

(This is just from my point of view, though, and I've not really been paying much attention to the job market outside of the Edinburgh area.)
Old 07-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #340
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Well that's a bring-down. It's probably just a pipe dream for us anyway, since it'd be hard to leave our families and all that jazz.

Anyway, I'll throw a vote on one of the people who voted for me over Danny. Not sure if I will be back on or not.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #341
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I'm not really sure where to go, but I like the Pass option right now...

VOTE Pass

Also, and I hate to do this on Day 2 after missing Day 1, but I'm not feeling well today, so you won't see much of me the rest of today.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #342
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
I'm not really sure where to go, but I like the Pass option right now...

VOTE Pass

Also, and I hate to do this on Day 2 after missing Day 1, but I'm not feeling well today, so you won't see much of me the rest of today.

Feel better.

Abe commands it.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #343
MartinD
High School Varsity

Vote count (as far as I can see) - up to post 341:

MartinD: 1 - Lathum (303)
Passacaglia: 3 - EagleFan (305), JetsIn06 (336), lerriuqs (341)
hoopsguy: 1 - Passacaglia (340)
Old 07-21-2009, 03:32 PM   #344
MartinD
High School Varsity

I'm leery about jumping on the Pass bandwagon (even if it does mean getting rid of my annoying little sister ) - we don't learn very much from a runaway vote, even if there is information to be had from lynching Pass.

There isn't very much to work from in finding other candidates, though - Pass's idea of looking at the people who voted for him is as good as anything at the moment, it seems to me. I don't see much point in bringing in a new candidate, so:

VOTE HOOPSGUY

(Apologies to hoops for this, as I really don't have anything to back up this vote other than a need to try to avoid a runaway on Pass.)
Old 07-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #345
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Rrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnng!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #346
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

It usually doesn't take a big push for me to vote for Hoops but I'm not really feeling it here. That being said, my normal paranoia, where Hoops and I have been on the same side only three times before is really pushing me to put my vote there. I am tempted to give him another day, assuming he will have been a scan target.

I'm also not keen on jumping on the other day 1 candidate but I guess we can at least get some information if we go that route. Right now, I'll put this out there as a placeholder

vote Passacaglia
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:21 PM   #347
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hmm. I'm going to be out from 7-10:30, so I'm going to have to make my decision by then. I don't think I need to add to a Pass run at this point, gonna mull things over.

Aside from these two the only person I'd consider right now is JAG because of that late vote without explanation (14 minutes before the deadline, granted it was right after switching off lerriuqs like i'd done as well) tying it up. But I'm not sure what to make of that yet and don't know if adding another candidate helps.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #348
The Jackal
Coordinator

So feel free to expand on that or I'm just going to have to make my choice on my own in an hour or so.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #349
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Old 07-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #350
Schmidty
Coordinator

(ooc)Finally out of work!!!(ooc)