Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-13-2009, 02:32 PM   #51
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I like the pink idea :P

GIT R DUN!!!

Last edited by claphamsa : 08-13-2009 at 02:32 PM.
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 PM   #52
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
toying with the thought of a rule where everyday the person with the least # of posts gets removed from the game...

sorry if this rule gets in you get a lot of crap posts from me that mean nothing and will probally piss alot of people off to have to go through pages of one word post from me.

The simple answer to this is vote to lynch those people if you must, but we all have our different styles. I choose not to add to the mess and confusion if I have nothing to add to a conversation. I suppose I could just say "I agree" and quote peoples posts I guess, but that still won't help.

my 2 cents
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #53
RendeR
Coordinator

In!

Mobster: Each day the Mobster may (put someone on ice) for 24 hours. The person may not post in the thread until after the following night's deadline.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #54
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
In!

For my role, I'd like to see the Fool in play. Always a fun one. Pretty standard, person who thinks he's the Seer but always sees the opposite.

Fool scans Wolf gets Villager
Fool scans Villager gets Wolf
Fool scans Seer gets Fool

Seer scans Fool gets Fool

Rather than having straight opposite can it be %, based on the remaining proportion? I think the straight opposite in effect adds a second seer as it becomes clear who the fool is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
What about this as a role? A player who every day he is alive accumulates one extra vote to his potential total, then he can use it when he chooses and the counter resets. For example, I decide not to use my power and live through night 1-3, I could then add 3 votes to my day 4 total if I want. If I do, my bonus goes back to 0 and I have to start over accumulating points.

I have no problem with this and think it works well in concert with a majority vote game. Do you want this to be your rule?

Quote:
toying with the thought of a rule where everyday the person with the least # of posts gets removed from the game...

While I admire the spirit, I agree that in practice the rule becomes unworkable as people post meaningless posts causing me to have to keep a manual count of "real" posts. I would really prefer not to have to judge all that.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #55
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in. I'll think of a rule in the next 24 hrs so you'll have time to do balancing.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I have to agree with dubb there. You could think of something else, like the person with the least amount of posts each day has to post in pink the entire next day, or something like that.

Man, only PB can be eligible for that!!!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We don;t even have a bodyguard yet.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #58
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Where's Kevin Costner when you need him?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #59
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Boring!

I liked a couple of roles you came up with for the last big game, I might go with one of those.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would be honored

Old 08-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #61
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

In

I like the Idea of a role of Thief who can steal the role or steal an item designed for the role. like stealing seer's cloak or fool's hat or Wolves claws or gun or something.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:55 PM   #62
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Do I need to submit a rule in addition to the role I submitted?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #63
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Do I need to submit a rule in addition to the role I submitted?
No. It's either or.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #64
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I fear that may do two things:

1. Discourage our less active posters not to sign up. This would hit the overseas players the hardest(MartinD comes to mind here). I would hate to discourage active players like him who never miss deadlines and never fail to get their actions in to not be able to play just because he lives overseas and is sleeping during the peak game hours.

2. Encourage players to post just for the sake of posting. I could see posts such as,

Repeated multiple times just to avoid a lynch.

How about person with the most posts in invulnerable to being lynched or night killed. I WOULD NEVER DIE!!!
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #65
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have no problem with this and think it works well in concert with a majority vote game. Do you want this to be your rule?

Let's go with this for my addition.

As a side note, I'm not sure if these abilities we are adding are specifically villager or if they can be wolf/villager? Should the wolves get roles that go either way from the ones players have listed here and the non use of the traditional roles brutal, cunning etc...? This way we can avoid a mass reveal. Normally the wolves would have a list of roles not in the game, but I'm not sure that works here because people can probably assume their chosen is in the game. Or if not, how are we going to handle this?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:11 AM   #66
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Let's go with this for my addition.

As a side note, I'm not sure if these abilities we are adding are specifically villager or if they can be wolf/villager? Should the wolves get roles that go either way from the ones players have listed here and the non use of the traditional roles brutal, cunning etc...? This way we can avoid a mass reveal. Normally the wolves would have a list of roles not in the game, but I'm not sure that works here because people can probably assume their chosen is in the game. Or if not, how are we going to handle this?
Great questions. I have been adding some as either villager or wolf roles when it seems ambigous. People can correct me if they intended for their role to go one way or another. But this question, one that's certainly been on my mind, certainly seems like a great area for someone to create a rule or role about.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:08 PM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah, that's why i said toying with the idea...not sure it's workable. probably isn't the more i've thought about it. still thinking on a rule.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #68
SnDvls
Pro Starter

So I probally should modify my role/rule to exclude wolves (only villager/villager paring)...unless we get a bodyguard role in the game.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #69
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah, that's why i said toying with the idea...not sure it's workable. probably isn't the more i've thought about it. still thinking on a rule.
Sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
So I probally should modify my role/rule to exclude wolves (only villager/villager paring)...unless we get a bodyguard role in the game.

I'd prefer the flexibility, but am happy to honor your request either way.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 08-14-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #70
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So would this work for a rule?

At the start of day 4, the winning condition of one wolf and one villager (both randomly chosen) are swapped (so the wolf wins with the village, the villager wins with the wolves).

BK, if you want to sort out the details of that, feel free. I'll just throw some ideas after the basic one in case you want to use any of them but don't feel like you have to. In particular I'm unsure how to handle the wolf who learns that he now wins with the village.

Option a. Neither of these players know that their winning condition has been changed. (I don't support this option if it can be avoided, I don't think it's fun to try your best to win only to find out you really were hurting yourself)

Option b. For the villager who wins with the wolves, if all the remaining real wolves are killed off then they become the final wolf.

Option c. Only a 50% chance that this swap occurs.

Option d. The wolves have one opportunity to immediately kill who they perceive to be their traitor (has to be unanimous minus one). If they are correct, they immediately kill (3? 4?) additional villagers. Essentially this is the only way I could think of disuading the traitor wolf from doing a full reveal of the other wolves.

If you don't think this would work well, let me know and I'll come up with something else.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #71
saldana
Pro Starter

i would like in, rule to follow
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #72
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

in
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #73
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Hello everyone, I'm the friend Danny was talking about earlier. I'll sign up for the 100th if there's still room. I know how the game works but since I haven't actually played one before and don't have strategy yet I don't think I should really add a rule or role to the game. Thanks.
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yay, welcome!

Old 08-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #75
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Thanks so much Sargent :-)
Old 08-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #76
hoopsguy
General Manager

Darth, welcome to FOFC/OS werewolf. Looking forward to playing with you (and J23) this game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #77
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So would this work for a rule?

At the start of day 4, the winning condition of one wolf and one villager (both randomly chosen) are swapped (so the wolf wins with the village, the villager wins with the wolves).

BK, if you want to sort out the details of that, feel free. I'll just throw some ideas after the basic one in case you want to use any of them but don't feel like you have to. In particular I'm unsure how to handle the wolf who learns that he now wins with the village.

Option a. Neither of these players know that their winning condition has been changed. (I don't support this option if it can be avoided, I don't think it's fun to try your best to win only to find out you really were hurting yourself)

Option b. For the villager who wins with the wolves, if all the remaining real wolves are killed off then they become the final wolf.

Option c. Only a 50% chance that this swap occurs.

Option d. The wolves have one opportunity to immediately kill who they perceive to be their traitor (has to be unanimous minus one). If they are correct, they immediately kill (3? 4?) additional villagers. Essentially this is the only way I could think of disuading the traitor wolf from doing a full reveal of the other wolves.

If you don't think this would work well, let me know and I'll come up with something else.

Honestly, the villager becoming wolf this is fine because it's like a convert, but I'm not sure any of the above mechanics will work out with a wolf becoming a villager.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #78
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Darth, welcome to FOFC/OS werewolf. Looking forward to playing with you (and J23) this game.

So you're not looking forward to playing with the rest of us? Bastard....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM   #79
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eh, I can take or leave you guys
Old 08-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #80
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Eh, I can take or leave you guys

I knew I should have put a role in that specifically said you had the ability to kill Hoopsguy at any time in the game you wish for the person who received that power.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

Careful, other people are still naming roles.

I already named a role that has that ability, although I should have put in a clause that it could not be used against Hoopsguy.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #82
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Im in.
My role will be one of my favorite...
Psycho- Thinks they are psychic(seer) and will scan as a seer up on any and all role reveals but only has a 50% chance of being right on any scan. They will be given one scan a night and told they are the Seer.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #83
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

If that is not ok then let me know.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #84
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

They only have a 50% chance to be right on any of their seer scans. If that want clear enough.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #85
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Sounds good.

I'd prefer the flexibility, but am happy to honor your request either way.

it's your game. I was just thinking that without a BG and with a fool seer it might better balance the game...if you feel it's ok to have a possible wolf/villager combo then go for it.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #86
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - and with the added psycho role I think going back to my original rule/role would be better.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM   #87
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Thanks, I appreciate it Hoopsguy :-)

Last edited by Darth Vilus : 08-15-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #88
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post

Hey, I don't think I told you, it's ok since nothing has started, but during a WW game we can't edit our posts.

Also don't trust AlanT, Hoopsguy, Lathum or Dubb or really anyone else for that matter
Old 08-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #89
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Hey, I don't think I told you, it's ok since nothing has started, but during a WW game we can't edit our posts.

Also don't trust AlanT, Hoopsguy, Lathum or Dubb or really anyone else for that matter

Alrighty, gotcha
Old 08-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #90
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Im in.
My role will be one of my favorite...
Psycho- Thinks they are psychic(seer) and will scan as a seer up on any and all role reveals but only has a 50% chance of being right on any scan. They will be given one scan a night and told they are the Seer.

Pretty sure heinz added a role that's exactly like this one.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:46 AM   #91
The Jackal
Coordinator

Welcome aboard Darth.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:58 AM   #92
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Welcome aboard Darth.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #93
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, the villager becoming wolf this is fine because it's like a convert, but I'm not sure any of the above mechanics will work out with a wolf becoming a villager.

Alright, well maybe forget this rule and I'll think of something else today.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #94
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Pretty sure heinz added a role that's exactly like this one.

Actually I'll change mine. I really only like the Fool when it's polar opposite. So if NFG likes it at half-chance then he can use that and I'll bite the bullet and add a Bodyguard.

But let's not call him the Bodyguard let's call him the Supreme Being of Safety.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #95
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually I'll change mine. I really only like the Fool when it's polar opposite. So if NFG likes it at half-chance then he can use that and I'll bite the bullet and add a Bodyguard.

But let's not call him the Bodyguard let's call him the Supreme Being of Safety.

Can't we call him Kevin Costner for fun?
Old 08-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #96
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sorry I didnt see yours. Mine was a little bit different but if you like yours I can change mine.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #97
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Can't we call him Kevin Costner for fun?

+1
Old 08-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #98
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Sorry I didnt see yours. Mine was a little bit different but if you like yours I can change mine.

Nah it's all good I think BK wanted to basically alter mine to yours anyhow so we're gravy all around.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 05:38 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am going to have to withdraw from this game. I will not have even the availability that I thought I would have over the next couple of weeks. August has always been tough in my line of work, and this will be even more/

Enjoy!

Old 08-15-2009, 07:05 PM   #100
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
no editign posts!!!!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote