vote kwhit

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #152
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Jag, dont we vote anonomously to Lathum? So it will all be good and dandy to say who we are going to vote for here, but the wolves can vote for their own person and we would never know

The wolves will, but there should be a lot more villagers than wolves. That's why we need to band behind a single candidate, so the villager vote for Prom King or Queen is not split in such a way that the wolves' candidate would otherwise be guaranteed to win, i.e. 9 villagers each vote for a different Prom King / Queen, wolves all vote for a wolf, wolf becomes Prom King/Queen.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:51 PM   #153
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

thanks dawg!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #154
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think I am going to wait to vote... I would love to follow my boyfriend's lead, but he hasn't put out yet.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #155
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
VOTE CLAPHAMSA
is there some reason? or are you just acceding to the inevitable?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #156
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I have to vote early because of work, normally I would wait to hear more about what the group is saying. For some reason I have a feeling that the wolves are people you wouldn't normally expect, and my feelings usually turn out to be right. So think about this first, think of 2 people you wouldn't vote for and vote for one of them. That's just my opinion.

And what the hell! Why does my date get knocked off! I swear revenge. Though i'm a free agent now

VOTE LORENA

I just think a woman wolf would be hilarious at the prom! It was either you Telle or LoneStarGirl. I apologize
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #157
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
is there some reason? or are you just acceding to the inevitable?

It's part of my 'no whiners' policy.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #158
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I have to vote early because of work, normally I would wait to hear more about what the group is saying. For some reason I have a feeling that the wolves are people you wouldn't normally expect, and my feelings usually turn out to be right. So think about this first, think of 2 people you wouldn't vote for and vote for one of them. That's just my opinion.

And what the hell! Why does my date get knocked off! I swear revenge. Though i'm a free agent now

VOTE LORENA

I just think a woman wolf would be hilarious at the prom! It was either you Telle or LoneStarGirl. I apologize

Darth, FYI, votes are supposed to be in bold.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

VOTE LORENA

darth, can you revote in bold please?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #160
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's part of my 'no whiners' policy.
fair enough!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #161
hoopsguy
General Manager

Moderator - Hoops, I've got good news and bad news for you!
Hoops - Great! What is the good news?
Moderator - You know how you have always wanted to be duke, that you've gotten every other WW role, but never had a traditional duke role in a game? Well, congrats on getting duke this time!
Hoops - Awesome! So what is the bad news?
Moderator - Well, you can't use your power on Day 1. You have to wait until Day 2. Oh, and you are the night kill on Night 1. Sorry about that.
Hoops -
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #162
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just checking in. I haven't had a chance to read anything. The wife took the day off, so we're going out to eat.

I should be back somewhere within a couple of hours.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #163
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
We need to band behind a single candidate for Prom Queen/King so we are less able to be affected by wolf manipulation of the vote. I've been wrestling with whether or not it is worthwhile for one of the other two roles that could possibly take the position to reveal (BG / Actor):

Pro: Begins CoT, increases chances of catching a wolf with a scan by decreasing the pool of players, if there is a counter role reveal then gives us a wolf / cultist amongst the two players.

Con: Obviously wolves know which characters to target in this case, brutal wolf can still kill the Prom King/Queen, narrows down the list of characters who could be seer, revealing makes the Actor role useless.

Personally I think it's worth the gamble for one of those players to reveal, if there is a counter-reveal I think it's definitely worthwhile for the other to reveal as otherwise the wolves would have to give up two players to fake reveal in that case, because the Prom King/Queen role is strong and we really ought to try and get a trusted person in that position.

P.S. I was going to recommend the duke reveal to take the role of Prom King/Queen (in the case of a counter-reveal, he could've duked the lynch to the faker), but unfortunately that's out now thanks to the unlucky NK.

The first part I somewhat agree with. Not allowing the wolves to manipulate the vote gives a slightly higher chance at electing a villager. That said, if a villager is elected they will probably just nightkill him/her.

I don't see any upside for a reveal right now. We have 13 players, so figuring 3 wolves, we are 9-3-1 (1 being the cultist). A reveal only nets us 1 or max 2(if seer reveals with a scan) trusted and with no voting record as of yet doesn't help us go anywhere really.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #164
Danny
Head Coach

I am leaning toward Schmidty for Prom King/Queen.

As for the lynch, I am not sure on that.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #165
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

VOTE LORENA

Aww dang, is it because I don't watch True Blood? Bummer.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM   #166
Lorena
Unregistered

I would also like to vote for someone who hasn't been around much. So far, the top 3 are:

Kwit
Telle
J23

I'm gonna wait to vote a bit later and see what they have to add.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #167
Lorena
Unregistered

As far as making our Prom King/Queen vote public, it's all good but the only person who knows the identity of the wolves is the outcast. So we could be voting for a wolf and not know it.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:37 PM   #168
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
The first part I somewhat agree with. Not allowing the wolves to manipulate the vote gives a slightly higher chance at electing a villager. That said, if a villager is elected they will probably just nightkill him/her.

If it's true that the wolves can kill whomever is elected N2 (the rules are fuzzy, saying the results won't be revealed until N3 but nothing about the role's abilities being active/inactive N2), then you can obviously forget all the stuff I said about revealing. Collaborating on a vote becomes a crapshoot too since they would be an obvious NK target.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #169
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
As far as making our Prom King/Queen vote public, it's all good but the only person who knows the identity of the wolves is the outcast. So we could be voting for a wolf and not know it.

The wolves know they identities too. We probably have 4 evil, so 4/13, about a 30% chance of electing an evil player.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #170
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

I think stepping up to claim the Prom King role is really sticking my neck out here, but here's the plan and it starts to build a CoT.

Vote for me for Prom King. I have no role in this game and I'm not a wolf. I know you can't believe this but my suggestion is that the seer scans me tonight. He/she will see that I'm clean and we can move on - or we'll ferrett out a wolf with a fake reveal.

I'm willing to stick my neck out for the good of the village. So vote for me.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #171
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
I think stepping up to claim the Prom King role is really sticking my neck out here, but here's the plan and it starts to build a CoT.

Vote for me for Prom King. I have no role in this game and I'm not a wolf. I know you can't believe this but my suggestion is that the seer scans me tonight. He/she will see that I'm clean and we can move on - or we'll ferrett out a wolf with a fake reveal.

Well obviously WHOEVER is voted Prom King/Queen should be immediately scanned by the seer.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #172
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Alright, I'll go along with this in the absence of any other information.

However I would say if the seer scans lerriuqs and he happens to be a wolf, the seer should think twice about revealing immediately as they would be vulnerable to getting duked by him.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #173
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Alright, I'll go along with this in the absence of any other information.

However I would say if the seer scans lerriuqs and he happens to be a wolf, the seer should think twice about revealing immediately as they would be vulnerable to getting duked by him.

Would be a concern, but I'd like to see this in the hands of a villager as opposed to a wolf like that game Dubb was able to establish a CoT in that wasn't deserved. We need to ensure it stays out of a wolf's hands as that will be trouble.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #174
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Would be a concern, but I'd like to see this in the hands of a villager as opposed to a wolf like that game Dubb was able to establish a CoT in that wasn't deserved. We need to ensure it stays out of a wolf's hands as that will be trouble.

I'm not saying the King/Queen shouldn't be scanned, just saying that if the person is found to be a wolf with an N2 scan that they shouldn't necessarily reveal that info D3...unless the King/Queen can't duke D3 which could be a possibility since they aren't revealed until N3.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #175
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

42 posts thus far today...

[b]VOTE KWHIT[/B}

Votes thusfar:

KWhit - 2 (clap 151, JAG 174)
clap - 1 (Pass 150)

Voted for lerriuqs as Prom King. I probably won't be around tonight.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 PM   #176
Danny
Head Coach

No voting record, so going 100% off of gut.

Vote Jag

I know it's odd for me to vote my date, but his post above about people revealing didn't really add up to me. I may be on before deadline, but may not.

JAG, if you're not the lynch we can talk more about this tonight or tomorrow either here or through PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #177
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

This is a good idea, I can't believe I dumped you!

I will go along with this. Whoever the seer is needs to scan him tonight though and let us know if he is a wolf before he is able to use his duke power... although if I am being honest I dont really know what the duke role really means, or what the importance of the outcast is.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:35 PM   #178
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
42 posts thus far today...

[b]VOTE KWHIT[/B}

Votes thusfar:

KWhit - 2 (clap 151, JAG 174)
clap - 1 (Pass 150)

Voted for lerriuqs as Prom King. I probably won't be around tonight.

One thing anybody who has played with me knows is that I ALWAYS vote for the person who was the second person to vote for somebody

so vote Jag
Old 09-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #179
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, it's Day 2 and we haven't heard much from the same people I mentioned earlier.

vote J23

He hasn't posted since 10am yesterday.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #180
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

not sure if I'll be around much by deadline I have some stuff to take care of so as of right now, my vote pretty much stands.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #181
J23
College Benchwarmer

What's the order on being voted Prom king/queen and the nightkill? If the wolves were to try to NK the person with the most votes, what happens?

The info post said it was revealed on day 3, but I don't know if that is when the effects start, and this could have a bearing on us choosing someone publicly.

Also, does the person who is NK'd tonight have their vote count still?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #182
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, been a long day at work. Sucks to see hoops buy it so quick. I never seem to get into a lengthy play with him around anymore.

I can get behind the let's piggyback behind one player for king/queen. I see lerriuqs has stepped up. Is he the choice? If so, I will send my vote in there. Regardless, I completely agree that the seer needs to scan whoever ends up on top.

As for who to vote for, right now I am at a loss. Like with any Day One (for vote purposes that is what this is), we don't have much to go on.

If Darth weren't new, I would probably go with him, just slightly, on the reasoning that hoops may have hinted to Darth about his role. But he is new, and he also won't be around, and besides all of that, hoops isn't exactly the type to make a move like that to someone he isn't sure about.

The vote with no explanation by Pass on clap is suspicious in my mind, but considering it's on clap, it's not all that surprising. clap always draws suspicion (whether rightly or not), and I don't know that Pass should get an automatic vote because of a desire to vote for clap.

It feels too early to go with the UTR vote, plus, J23 is new, too, right? So not really looking in J23's direction just yet.

I will go back through the thread and see if I can get behind another candidate.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #183
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
Well, it's Day 2 and we haven't heard much from the same people I mentioned earlier.

vote J23

He hasn't posted since 10am yesterday.

Not much happened when I checked in after work last night, so I didn't bother posting anything. Just got home, and here I am!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM   #184
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
What's the order on being voted Prom king/queen and the nightkill? If the wolves were to try to NK the person with the most votes, what happens?

The info post said it was revealed on day 3, but I don't know if that is when the effects start, and this could have a bearing on us choosing someone publicly.

Also, does the person who is NK'd tonight have their vote count still?

And now that he's here, I definitely don't want to vote J23.

In any case, I don't like the UTR direction so soon. Not going to hold it against people who vote that way (yet), but for me personally, not the way to go right now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM   #185
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It feels too early to go with the UTR vote, plus, J23 is new, too, right? So not really looking in J23's direction just yet.

Feel free to vote for me if you really want to Chief. While I certainly prefer to stick around, and don't really *want* you to vote for me, I'm not looking for preferential treatment just because this is my second game.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Feel free to vote for me if you really want to Chief. While I certainly prefer to stick around, and don't really *want* you to vote for me, I'm not looking for preferential treatment just because this is my second game.

No, really, it's nonsensical at this point to vote for you, even without "new" considerations. You're here and posting, and as I said above, it's way too soon to start calling people out for UTR, IMO, unless we just have absolutely nothing else to go on.

The fact that you're new to our group here is just frosting on the cake.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #187
J23
College Benchwarmer

Just thinking, but is there any advantage we can gain by voting someone that is paired up with someone the Prom King/Queen as opposed to someone that is going stag?
Old 09-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #188
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so... king queen?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Sorry Chief, I didn't see your proposal! I would have gone with you too. Ah well, maybe we can hook up for a dance or two at the prom

Heh...I realized what happened, actually. Our "ask out" font was in blue, which is the same as my signature. I am surprised anyone saw me ask you out.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #190
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

ok, FYI i just spent 2 hours racking and bottling meades

so im kind..... drunk

ignore me bablings!

im gonna put the moves on LSG and see how that goes.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:59 PM   #191
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
an nominations?

I say me, but im sure your all planning on lynching me day one as usual!

Quote:
VOTE CLAPHAMSA

You know, reading this as I went along the thread, it actually does come out sorta strong by Pass. His response was autoamtic, the very next one after clap's post above actually, and he quoted clap's post in his response.

I am actually feeling better about voting for Pass now because of how he dropped this vote. It just doesn't feel right. It's just a feeling, of course, so I'll definitely go elsewhere if we get a good candidate, but I feel okay about this one right now for a Day One type of vote.

VOTE PASS

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 PM   #192
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
ok, FYI i just spent 2 hours racking and bottling meades

so im kind..... drunk

ignore me bablings!

im gonna put the moves on LSG and see how that goes.

oh la la, I hope you brought some booze to spike the punch with
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #193
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
oh la la, I hope you brought some booze to spike the punch with
booz is for me!

im a punch peer!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #194
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I can't believe how quiet it is here... my last game was out of control it took me hours to catch up after work!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #195
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yay free stattracker on yahoo!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #196
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wooohooo!!! I'm finally here!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #197
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I am leaning toward Schmidty for Prom King/Queen.

I love to be in authority, so that would be great as you'll all remember!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 PM   #198
Schmidty
Coordinator

I want to be Prom King!!!

Vote lerriuqs
Old 09-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #199
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post #197, not counting non-bolded votes by Darth and JAG:

1 - Clap - Pass (150)
1 - KWhit - clap (151)
2 - Jag - Danny (176), LSG (178)
1 - J23 - Lorena (179)
1 - Pass - Chief Rum (191)
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #200
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No voting record, so going 100% off of gut.

Vote Jag

I know it's odd for me to vote my date, but his post above about people revealing didn't really add up to me. I may be on before deadline, but may not.

The reasoning also didn't add up to me, and I'd rather start consolidating votes. Not a whole lot else to go off atm, so..

Vote Jag