Coordinator

What about the seer, danny?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #302
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
If I'm telling the truth it makes more sense to lynch me first? Common now! Make sense with your arguments.

ya, this logic shit is tough! IF you were telling the truth... it wouldnt matter who we lynch today, since you would be dead tongiht (your not, but thats beside the point) if I am telling the truth (I am) then lynching you keeps the BG alive...

that better?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #303
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, I think I follow you.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #304
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If that was a bad play from the BG, I'm sorry, but all indications based on what happened with the vote were that I'd be the main candidate today and have to reveal at some point anyways, and I'd rather not drag it out and say things like "oh well, you really shouldnt vote for me because itd hurt the village".

I agree with that reasoni ng, an I hate it when people say that.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #305
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Well that is very interesting and excellent Clap. If true, that means we had a wolf in the sights day 1, so wealready have a meaningful vote now. With that said, there was no BG block, so your info makes no sense with your reveal. If you're really the seer, I am sure you are not fooling the wolves with your reveal, so you would be better telling us the truth and not leaving your reveal to not be believed.

no i was the seer last game...... not sure what your getting at here!~

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #306
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ya, this logic shit is tough! IF you were telling the truth... it wouldnt matter who we lynch today, since you would be dead tongiht (your not, but thats beside the point) if I am telling the truth (I am) then lynching you keeps the BG alive...

that better?

You are assuming I protected myself last night. I was in the running to be lynched, why would the wolves target me night 1?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #307
Danny
Head Coach

Wow I really need to read all the posts before commenting. Looks like they both revealed as BG.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #308
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
vote claphamsa

what makes his fake reveal logical? if i were lying... it would come out within a day or 2. by him revealing, hes done nothing but guarantee he dies tommrow. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #309
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
What about the seer, danny?

Nevermind, I missed your whole exchanged and just saw the post before mine by Claphamsa. I'll repost thoughts after I read the whole thing now.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #310
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You are assuming I protected myself last night. I was in the running to be lynched, why would the wolves target me night 1?
because every other choie is someone you dont know is on your side, also, it looked like it was gonna be a runaway on me when you left. and you even said yourself, your sacrificing yourself with this fake reveal.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #311
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what makes his fake reveal logical? if i were lying... it would come out within a day or 2. by him revealing, hes done nothing but guarantee he dies tommrow. THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

What makes a wolf fake reveal on Day 2 for no reason?

Old 10-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #312
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow I really need to read all the posts before commenting. Looks like they both revealed as BG.
it helps.... but i dont do it either

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #313
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
What makes a wolf fake reveal on Day 2 for no reason?
knwing that he will be a prime target for the lynch, and the thought that he could get the body guard lynched instead! its a trade!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #314
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I really hope that isn't the case, and it would be an absolutely boneheaded play from a villager. He could be the sorceror if there is one of those, but either way, if he's not bad, I'm going to be very upset with him after this game is over - just as many of you were upset with him after last game, I'm sure.

As Jackal said, if Clap did this he deserves to get lynched even if he is a villager. One of them is certainly a wolf.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #315
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
because every other choie is someone you dont know is on your side, also, it looked like it was gonna be a runaway on me when you left. and you even said yourself, your sacrificing yourself with this fake reveal.

Sure, but there are obvious targets (well-known good players) that I could choose from. Obviously I didn't choose KWhit, but I'd like to keep it in the dark who I chose so that the wolves will have a nice decision in front of them if you are the one to be lynched today.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #316
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

That's the thing - a fake reveal BG can last longer than a fake reveal seer, though. If you don't die, you can say it's because the wolves don't know who you protected night 1 and therefore don't know your protection pattern and don't want to risk losing a NK. And they'd rather go after a random person who could be the seer, because the seer can devastate the wolves chances by revealing 2-3+ scans.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #317
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
As Jackal said, if Clap did this he deserves to get lynched even if he is a villager. One of them is certainly a wolf.
i agree. one is a wolf and its jackyl not me! I would never reveal as a role i did not have as a vilager.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #318
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
That's the thing - a fake reveal BG can last longer than a fake reveal seer, though. If you don't die, you can say it's because the wolves don't know who you protected night 1 and therefore don't know your protection pattern and don't want to risk losing a NK. And they'd rather go after a random person who could be the seer, because the seer can devastate the wolves chances by revealing 2-3+ scans.
yes, i said this earlier....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #319
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
ok, thinking logic here... jacyl faked because he figured he would be the prime candidate today.... so if there is a chance he can get you to lynch me great (PB i s already on board) since its not like its hard to lynch me...

so here is a thought... do any of you really think I could pull off a fake reveal?

Not to be mean, but when you actually have a role you rarely reveal early and sometimes not at all. I could definitely see this from you as a wolf. That said, Im not saying I am going to vote you yet, but this is not a valid reason for not voting you.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #320
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
yes, i said this earlier....

But that's exactly why you could still get by without being lynched after two days of surviving clap..

It doesn't work if you fake reveal as the seer (see last game, after one no NK with no BG around, it was obvious i was a wolf) - but if you fake as the BG and the BG doesn't come clean (and as Lathum suggested, the BG should've stayed quiet except it was me), you could stick around for a long while.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #321
Danny
Head Coach

Clap revealed before deadline. He actually often does not do that with a role. This was clearly done to save himself if he is the BG or to save himself and potentially get a real BG reveal if he is a wolf.

Jackal really had no reason to reveal if he was a wolf unless he simply expected him to be a primary lynch candidate. Certainly not a guarantee with. If he is a wolf and does not counter right away, the opportunity is gone for a counter later.

If he is the BG, he made the right play. That way we can address this issue now and have meaningful voting records. And as I said earlier, a reveal later when needed quite possibly wouldn't be believed anyway.

I am going to vote Clap at this point. This isn't a usual first reveal case because Clap revealed to save himself from lynch, not because he had found a wolf. And Jackyl was not caught as a wolf when he revealed.

Vote Claphamsa
Old 10-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #322
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Not to be mean, but when you actually have a role you rarely reveal early and sometimes not at all. I could definitely see this from you as a wolf. That said, Im not saying I am going to vote you yet, but this is not a valid reason for not voting you.
i have no revealed early... once! and thats cuz i had to work...... so......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #323
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

heh, whatever lynch me or not, we have jackyl as a wolf, while not a fair trade thats all i get.

make sure you take looks at danny and abe

abe jumped on my twice already, and danny is making shit up about my habits of revealing. which is bull shit and wrong.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #324
J23
College Benchwarmer

I believe Jackal over Clap. Do we gain more by lynching him now though?

If we(those that are of the same opinion as me) are right, and he's a wolf, if we lynch him that's great. We killed one.

If we're wrong, and he is the BG, if we don't lynch him, he'll have a chance at a lucky block as long as we leave him alive, or he'll be NK'd and it will be proven he was the BG and we know that Jackal is a wolf.

Can someone tell me if I'm crazy here for thinking we might be better off focusing on other people and letting the wolves show us who the BG is with their NKs?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #325
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post

If we(those that are of the same opinion as me) are right, and he's a wolf, if we lynch him that's great. We killed one.

If we're wrong, and he is the BG, if we don't lynch him, he'll have a chance at a lucky block as long as we leave him alive, or he'll be NK'd and it will be proven he was the BG and we know that Jackal is a wolf.

Can someone tell me if I'm crazy here for thinking we might be better off focusing on other people and letting the wolves show us who the BG is with their NKs?

I like it actually. We'll build a better voting history when we get that figured out. Now if both continue to live, we'll have to deal with this eventually, but perhaps we should go after the other two wolves (or how many there are) and allow these two to live for a bit...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #326
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

The issue could also be solved for us by the seer if we wait as suggested.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #327
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, but it would be smarter for the seer to scan other people, as the good/bad between me and clap will come out on its own.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #328
The Jackal
Coordinator

Still, I've always been a proponent of going after a wolf when you think you have one. But I'm not in a position to push anyone, and J's idea isn't terrible. See what the rest of people think.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #329
J23
College Benchwarmer

I'm still pretty new to this, so I don't want to lead us down the wrong path, but even if I'd say I'm 80% sure Clap is against us (wolf/sorceror?), when I run through the scenarios in my head, I think we gain more in the long-run by letting it play itself out.

BTW, can someone tell me what the sorceror role is? Is that the same thing as Cultist I saw in another game? (even if it is, please give me the run-down to be sure I remember stuff correctly if ya don't mind).
Old 10-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #330
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yes, the Sorceror is someone who knows who all the wolves are to start, but the wolves don't know who they are.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #331
The Jackal
Coordinator

But they count as a villager in the final ratio (but of course, will vote with the wolves in endgame).
Old 10-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #332
The Jackal
Coordinator

If clap is indeed the sorceror, that's a win for the wolves, but alas, I was forced into it. Hopefully he's a witch!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #333
J23
College Benchwarmer

So we don't have to dig it up later, here's what happened to save Clap:
Code:
Start (Post 203) Clap 6 - Pass 4 - Jackal 4 Pass unvotes Me to vote Jackal Clap 6 - Pass 4 - Jackal 5 GE unvotes Clap to vote Pass Clap 5 - Pass 5 - Jackal 5 Schmidty unvotes Clap to vote Jackal Clap 4 - Pass 5 - Jackal 6 Kwhit unvotes Jackal to vote Pass Clap 5 - Pass 6 - Jackal 5

Someone please double check if you don't mind.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #334
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

What if the Seer hits on a wolf day 1. Do they reveal right away and ask to be guarded at night so they can get a total of 2 scans and a guaranteed wolf? I just don't think that 2 scans are enough for "devastation", although getting a wolf would be huge.

Anyway, I'm buying The Jackyl more than I am clap, so for now:

Vote clap
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #335
The Jackal
Coordinator

I was saying 2-3+, Schmidty, 'cause there's only 15 of us, and after 3 days the pressure will be on the seer to reveal if they have pertinent information, depending on how the game is going.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #336
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
heh, whatever lynch me or not, we have jackyl as a wolf, while not a fair trade thats all i get.

make sure you take looks at danny and abe

abe jumped on my twice already, and danny is making shit up about my habits of revealing. which is bull shit and wrong.

I would welcome scanning.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:05 PM   #337
Schmidty
Coordinator

So, we basically have a wolf - clap or The Jackal. Either we get one today, or tomorrow.

How many wolves do you guys think are in this game? 2 or 3?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #338
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If I vote, I'll vote for Hoopsguy

Typical.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #339
The Jackal
Coordinator

There should be 3, Schmidty. Maybe even 3 and a sorceror, but bare minimum 3.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:30 PM   #340
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE BARKEEP49
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #341
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post

I am not a fan of this but I will keep the reasons to myself for now.

For arguments sake who do you suggest we vote than?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #342
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The residents of Salem Village are gathered again in the town meeting space, the conversation even more dour after the death of two of their neighbors - one by their own hands, one by foul magic. Arguments break out as two of the village people point fingers at each other, cries of "Liar" and "Witch" sound out. It is only early morning and it will be another long desperate day in Salem.

Current Vote Count as of post 341

Claphamsa 5 - TheJackal Danny PurdueBrad AbeSargent Schmidty
The Jackal 1 - Claphamsa

I am out until morning. Have fun.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #343
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
i have no revealed early... once! and thats cuz i had to work...... so......

Re-read because that's what I said, you rarely reveal early as in you usually reveal very late or not at all. That was consistent with your pattern here. The initial two paragraphs of that post were summarizing the analysis, the last one is why I came to the conclusion to vote you.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #344
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, but it would be smarter for the seer to scan other people, as the good/bad between me and clap will come out on its own.

This, seer should not be scanning either Jackal or Clap because yes then they would know who is a wolf, but then would have to reveal.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #345
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Jackal,

What is your reason for coming out and revealing that you are the actual bodyguard?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #346
Danny
Head Coach

On the scenario of waiting, I believe you always go for the wolf. If we find the wolf first, we are golden. If we miss, we still have a decent voting record to go on for our next lynches. If we don't know which between the two is a wolf, our record of what to go on is not clear.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:36 PM   #347
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
On the scenario of waiting, I believe you always go for the wolf. If we find the wolf first, we are golden. If we miss, we still have a decent voting record to go on for our next lynches. If we don't know which between the two is a wolf, our record of what to go on is not clear.

Yup, totally agree.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #348
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Jackal,

What is your reason for coming out and revealing that you are the actual bodyguard?

I went over that at length earlier today..

The way the vote turned out day 1, it was clear I was going to be the main target for lynching today, and I decided to reveal straight off instead of waiting until near the deadline and hoping people would look another way. And I know that clap is not the BG, which suggests he is a wolf, and it seems a decent tradeoff, considering I was going to be drawing heat from the village anyways.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #349
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, not to be insulting to people who want to wait, but I think this is a no-brainer.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #350
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

are we seriously in this same mess again? how this blows.

Vote Clap

if he's innocent then jackyl's next

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote