Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #51
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Cool, I have been looking forward to this one. I am a Jihadi warrior.

For the most part, the roles seem pretty straight forward. Some things that stand out to me.

1. Not that it's that unusual, but it appears we have a wolf seer.
2. Looks like the BG can protect the same person over and over.
3. I wonder if the BG will be able to defeat the brutal wolf in combat? Both descriptions give these two roles some very powerful abilities as fighters, it seems.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 AM   #52
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Checking in. It may be late when I get home tonight from OKC so I'll throw my vote out there

[b]VOTE DARTH VILIUS[b]

Simply because he's unlucky#13.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 AM   #53
Raiders Army
Coordinator

That was supposed to be bold. This sucks on my iTouch.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #54
Raiders Army
Coordinator

[b]VOTE DARTH VILIUS[\b]
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 AM   #55
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You know what I mean
Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #56
saldana
Pro Starter

You awaken the next day. Sleep was almost as precious a commodity as water after the events of last night, but your pledge of honor and service to Muad'dib drives you forward. It is how Saldana would have wanted it...for the good of the tribe.

As you enter the gathering space, a stunned silence falls across the accumulated warriors.

Written on the wall, in what could only be blood, are markings the likes of which you have never seen. After the initial shock of who would waste their water in such a way wears off, the magnitude of what you are looking at reaches each of your minds.

It is Battle Language. The code used by the various Great Houses of the Landsraad to communicate solely with their own personnel and their allies.

And while none here can know that the scrawls say, or to which House the language is unique, one thing is certain. The markings were made by more than one hand.

There is more than one of your group in the service one other than Muad'Dib.

It is now day one. Because I am a nice guy, and so many of you said you might have board access issues during the day, i will count all the votes that were cast during the night, including the horribly formatted vote from RA. Apparently it has been a while since you all played a game with a night zero
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #57
The Jackal
Coordinator

Such a waste, such disregard. There are outlanders amongst us. You are being watched and judged.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #58
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I say we take their water and go.

And I'll get my early vote in and Vote Autumn, as my kind gesture from last time we played.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 AM   #59
The Jackal
Coordinator

We cannot waste all of the water, especially if Muad'Dib is indeed amongst us. We must choose carefully. There will be much pointing of fingers, let us see what comes of it.

Vote Schmidty
Old 01-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #60
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Cool, I have been looking forward to this one. I am a Jihadi warrior.

For the most part, the roles seem pretty straight forward. Some things that stand out to me.

1. Not that it's that unusual, but it appears we have a wolf seer.
2. Looks like the BG can protect the same person over and over.
3. I wonder if the BG will be able to defeat the brutal wolf in combat? Both descriptions give these two roles some very powerful abilities as fighters, it seems.

Well the big elephant in the room is that Paul undoubtedly has several abilities beyond the regular set, so hopefully those will come to our aid. And that leads me to thinking the wolves must have a bit of power to counter this. I'm guessing the behind the scene rule set is a bit more complex than what we can see. I don't want to ponder too much and give any clues to the traitors.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #61
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I say we take their water and go.

And I'll get my early vote in and Vote Autumn, as my kind gesture from last time we played.

Man, kill Santa one time and people make a big deal out of it.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #62
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, it's early on day one so I'm not going to worry about vote spread yet. I'm going to go with "quiet" as my voting method - I hate to knock off talkative players early, the wolves love a quiet game. Martin's good but he can be a chore to figure out if he makes it to end game uncleared.

VOTE MARTIND
Old 01-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #63
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE NTNDEACON

As much as I don't want to add another guy to the list, this is simply a revenge vote. As we undoubtedly narrow down the candidates, I will gladly move my vote if need be. Gotta love the day 1 crapshoot
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #64
The Jackal
Coordinator

Speak up or your water will be forfeit.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #65
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

What is that, like 5 solo candidates we're rocking?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #66
The Jackal
Coordinator

PF 1 (NTN, 45)
DV 1 (RA, 52)
Autumn 1 (CW, 58)
Schmidty 1 (Jackal, 59)
MartinD 1 (Autumn, 62)
NTN 1 (PF, 63)
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #67
The Jackal
Coordinator

We have many hours and still six or more that have barely made their voices heard, so there is time yet for consolidation and movement.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #68
The Jackal
Coordinator

One thing is for certain, the Fedaykin is in place to protect Muad'dib as much as he can. The Fedaykin should be prepared and vigilant, ready to defend Muad'dib if he is forced to reveal himself near the time when we take water.

Though, we do not know what foreign or hidden methods of attack these outlanders bring that may subvert the Fedaykin, so it is of course advisable for Muad'dib to remain silent as long as he can.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #69
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Checking in. A lot of people with a vote on them, and I don't want to add another, or place a 2nd vote on anyone, so I'll hold off for now.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #70
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hesitance will not be forgotten.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #71
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, I'll be around. A day 1 voting strategy doesn't jump out at me, so here's hoping someone says something stupid!

"Something stupid"

(Sorry, couldn't resist... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
We have many hours and still six or more that have barely made their voices heard, so there is time yet for consolidation and movement.

I barely make my voice heard in any case, so me being one of those individuals shouldn't come as a shock to anyone...

(Jihadi warrior, by the way...)
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #72
Telle
College Starter

Checking in. I've been lurking all day but was slowly reading the rules in-between actually getting some work done today.

Yet to check in: Schmidty, cougarfreak
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:26 PM   #73
cougarfreak
College Starter

Checking in.......lurking. I'll read the rules early in the evening.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:29 PM   #74
MartinD
High School Varsity

Probably having an early night, so will get my vote posted.

With one vote each for six individuals, it makes sense to me to go with someone who already has a vote. Given that not much has happened so far (and that it's day 1), any reason is as good as any other - Autumn voted for me, so that seems as good a direction to go as any...

VOTE AUTUMN
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #75
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

My brain isn't working too well so it's taking me a bit to understand these roles. so to clarify we have the following:

Good
1.Seer
2.Bodyguard
3.Paul Atreides

Evil
1.Brutal
2.Evil Seer
3.Cultist

Is this right? I'm not counting any extra roles or powers

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #76
Telle
College Starter

Isn't there also a cunning wolf?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #77
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I meant cunning, i said just said cultist.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM   #78
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

what is a cultist then? haha It's been awhile

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-18-2011, 03:51 PM   #79
Telle
College Starter

I thought a cultist was the one who counts as a villager but is allied with the wolves. Might be able to be converted. Or maybe that's a different role
Old 01-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #80
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

oh maybe. whatever i don't know, i meant cunning anyways. si I'll be around a little longer and then im heading off to work, won't be back til way after deadline.

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-18-2011, 04:03 PM   #81
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The cultist is the player who starts off as a villager and may end up with the wolves. Sometimes the cultist starts off automatically on the wolves' side. Sometimes he isn't on the wolves' side until he's converted. Most cultists convert when night attacked.

The cunning is the wolf who comes up a villager to the seer.

With respect to this game, actually, it's interesting to see how these roles blend. There is a cultist and a cunning. The interesting part I didn't pick up on until now is that the cultist--who does not have communication skills right now with the wolves--is the evil seer. He could find Paul Atreides and not be able to tell the wolves (not directly anyway). The cultist is known as the Fremen traitor.

The wolves (if all are in the game) are the brutal wolf (Sardaukar warrior), the Spicing Guild spy (cunning), and the Harkonnen spy (unknown abilities, if any).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #82
Telle
College Starter

Thanks for clearing that up for us, Chief.

And I'm out of here until probably an hour or so before deadline (which is 10pm Easter, correct?).
Old 01-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #83
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Ah cool, this is very helpful. Doesn't help with my day 1 vote but understanding the rules is always good

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #84
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Thanks for clearing that up for us, Chief.

And I'm out of here until probably an hour or so before deadline (which is 10pm Easter, correct?).

yes, 10pm EST is the deadline

and just to clarify, the Fremen Traitor, if he exists, is a wolf, and counts as a wolf, and will scan as a wolf...there is no conversion in this game...i dont like conversions.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #85
Autumn
Head Coach

Off to dinner and get the kids to bed. I should be back for a little while before deadline though. I hate to see myself in the lead, if you can call 2-1-1-1-1-1-1--1-1-1-1-1 the lead, but I guess it has to be someone.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 PM   #86
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

heading out now

Vote MartinD

Sorry bra, no particular reason. Good luck my Freemen!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 01-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
yes, 10pm EST is the deadline

and just to clarify, the Fremen Traitor, if he exists, is a wolf, and counts as a wolf, and will scan as a wolf...there is no conversion in this game...i dont like conversions.

But he cannot communicate with the other wolves until they attempt to nightkill him, right?

Old 01-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #88
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sorry about the formatting. I see nothing much has happened. I'll leave my vote on Darth.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #89
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
But he cannot communicate with the other wolves until they attempt to nightkill him, right?

until they try to night kill him or he night scans one of them
Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #90
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll be around for just a little bit longer, but not much, so I have to vote.

I'm not wild about just throwing out two choices, because I don't like the odds we have a wolf in just two random choices. So I'm going to place a second vote on a third candidate.

Of the remaining ones, I think Schmidty is deserving of interest at the moment, since he hasn't checked in yet. Plus, he always reacts well to getting votes.

VOTE SCHMIDTY

Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #91
cougarfreak
College Starter

Well, since this is my first game, I just decided to vote for the person who had posted last..............and go from there.

VOTE CHIEF RUM
Old 01-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #92
Danny
Head Coach

Nothing much has happened while I was at work. We'll need to consolidate these votes down at some point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #93
Danny
Head Coach

At this point I lean towards voting MartinD, but not sure I want to vote for someone who won't be around.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #94
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
until they try to night kill him or he night scans one of them

Ah, well, in that case, i am going to guess it won't be long before they're communicating. Let's say we have all wolves in the game (4 total), one is searching 13 others on Day One for three possible hits, while three are searching 11 others on Day One for one possible hit..

The Fremen traitor has a 3/13 chance on Day One, while the wolves have a 1/11 chance. The traitor has a 23.1% chance of success, while the wolves have a 9.1% chance. That means, on Day One alone, there is already a (76.9% * 90.9%) = 69.9% chance of failure at best, and it goes sharply down as candidates are whittled away.

My guess is by the monring of Day Three, the wolves will be united. And if we're somehow lucky, it might last until the morning of Day Four. I find it unlikely Paul Atreides will evade both of them that entire time, so he's going to have until Night Four to do whatever he does--at best.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #95
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Well, since this is my first game, I just decided to vote for the person who had posted last..............and go from there.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Though there is little reasoning for day 1 votes usually, at this point in the day we already have 6 candidates out there and adding a 7th really doesn't help things, just so you know!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #96
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Though there is little reasoning for day 1 votes usually, at this point in the day we already have 6 candidates out there and adding a 7th really doesn't help things, just so you know!

I was going to say something like that, but I figured it would come off as, you know, self-serving.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #97
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Ah, well, in that case, i am going to guess it won't be long before they're communicating. Let's say we have all wolves in the game (4 total), one is searching 13 others on Day One for three possible hits, while three are searching 11 others on Day One for one possible hit..

The Fremen traitor has a 3/13 chance on Day One, while the wolves have a 1/11 chance. The traitor has a 23.1% chance of success, while the wolves have a 9.1% chance. That means, on Day One alone, there is already a (76.9% * 90.9%) = 69.9% chance of failure at best, and it goes sharply down as candidates are whittled away.

My guess is by the monring of Day Three, the wolves will be united. And if we're somehow lucky, it might last until the morning of Day Four. I find it unlikely Paul Atreides will evade both of them that entire time, so he's going to have until Night Four to do whatever he does--at best.

Not to mention we don't know what might have happened Night Zero.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #98
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Not to mention we don't know what might have happened Night Zero.

I wonder if saldana would answer if scans were allowed night zero.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #99
Autumn
Head Coach

This is what I have for votes so far, for those coming in and catching up. It's Autumn-MartinD-Schmidty 2-2-2 and then a bunch of other people. Should be 4 more votes to come.

ntn votes PackerFan 1-0
RA votes Darth Vilus 1-1
Coffee votes Autumn 1-1-1
Jackal votes Schmidty 1-1-1-1
Autumn votes MartinD 1-1-1-1-1
PackerFan votes NTN 1-1-1-1-1-1
MartinD votes Autumn 2-1-1-1-1-1
Darth votes MartinD 2-2-1-1-1-1
Chief votes Schmidty 2-2-2-1-1-1
Cougar votes Chief Rum 2-2-2-1-1-1-1
Old 01-18-2011, 06:25 PM   #100