Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2011, 05:47 PM   #451
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Just catching up after being away from the computer all day.

I don't have a strong feeling on any of the three candidates, so lets put Jag in the lead and see who does what.

Vote JAG
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:21 PM   #452
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The problem with not getting a vote in early is that you get pigeonholed into the candidates of the day up to that point. Not that I would have gone elsewhere, or that the candidates up are worse than others, but I don't know that I would come to the same conclusions on my own as have been made to this point.

Forgive me for the following, as I know this is treading old ground already, but I am helping my own thought process along with this post. Maybe in doing so I'll hit on something someone else hasn't found.

To wit, I think the only basis for a vote at this point is based on the theory that wolves spread their votes around, particularly on Day One.

If we surmise there is at most one wolf in each vote chain, then we can devise from Day One that the following groups form potential "one wolf" groups: (JAG, saldana, the Jackal)--voted for villager; (Lathum)--voted for unknown; (Barkeep, bhhloy)--voted for unknown; (Chief Rum)--voted for villager.

From Day Two, the groups are: (The Jackal, Chief Rum, saldana--note, J23 voted here and could be the "one wolf"); (Lathum)--voted for unknown; (Barkeep)--voted for villager; (JAG)--voted for unknown.

The worst vote is on a known villager, and the worst situation is to be the only unknown on a vote for a known villager.

The following players voted for a known villager both days--saldana, Chief Rum, The Jackal. The trouble here is that all three were on DV on Day Two, along with known wolf J23. On te assumption of one wolf per vote chain, this actually makes all three look better, despite their villager votes.

Really, though, this just emphasizes how little we have to go on.

I don't think we have enough info to draw conclusions, but one needs to be made, and I think those three are the best to consider. I am a villager, so I won't vote myself, of course. That puts me choosing between sal and The jackal, two of our candidates in the mix.

Between the two, I like The Jackal more as a potential wolf. He put a villager up to start on Day Two, who was eventually lynched. Both he and sal made self-defense votes, but sal's other vote (on Zinto, Day One) doesn't look as bad as The Jackal putting up a villager at the start.

VOTE THE JACKAL

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #453
Danny
Head Coach

JAG, your vote is currently on Saldana because you never unvoted. Assuming JAG will make the official switch, we are looking at a JAG, Jackal run off.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #454
Danny
Head Coach

And again assuming the switch we are Jackal 5 and Jag 3.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #455
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I never intended to vote Jackal Danny, I was quoting a post from Saldana where he voted for Jackal and somehow the [/quote] tag was left off.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:54 PM   #456
Danny
Head Coach

Oh ok. Then at this point we still have three candidates. Jackel with four, Jag with 2 and Saldana with 2. This likely changes my vote as I am leaning toward Saldana at this point.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:55 PM   #457
Danny
Head Coach

Chief, you point out that Saldana would be the second wolf voting for Darth, but don't forget that when he voted he had three votes on him and Darth was his best vote as self defense.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #458
Danny
Head Coach

I think it's smart we have the three Zinto voters as candidates. I think at least one has to be a wolf.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #459
Danny
Head Coach

My only concern is that Jackal and Jag are both voting Saldana and it's possible both are wolves.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #460
Danny
Head Coach

One guy I think who is being overlooked is bhlloy. I think he needs to be given more attention in the voting.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #461
bhlloy
Coordinator

I keep coming back to Jackal and Saldana, and the one thing Jackal has going for him is I don't think smart wolves put the first 2 votes on DV and leave them there if they know he's going to show up villager.

That being said, I think we learn a little more from lynching Jackal and I still don't understand why the wolves were going so hard after McKerney unless they felt like he was coming after Jackal and it was a self defense move. So I'm really torn here. I think both are solid candidates and I really can't separate them in game terms.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #462
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
One guy I think who is being overlooked is bhlloy. I think he needs to be given more attention in the voting.

I can understand that, but I'm interested in why I'm the fourth candidate rather than say CR, who has been more inactive and voted for a villager both days?
Old 03-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #463
Danny
Head Coach

vote saldana
Old 03-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #464
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
My only concern is that Jackal and Jag are both voting Saldana and it's possible both are wolves.

If that were the case, it would be pretty ballsy seemingly coordinating in thread, no? And J23 votes a fifth villager with two wolves receiving votes D1 instead of tacking onto one of the villagers with votes? I think you really have to stretch your mind to believe that one.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #465
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

In fact I don't know why I didn't think of J23's vote before. If you think either Jackal or I was a wolf, then J23's vote D1 looks fairly ridiculous instead of trying to help out a fellow wolf by tacking onto one of the villagers receiving votes.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #466
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
In fact I don't know why I didn't think of J23's vote before. If you think either Jackal or I was a wolf, then J23's vote D1 looks fairly ridiculous instead of trying to help out a fellow wolf by tacking onto one of the villagers receiving votes.

This is a very good point. My instincts tell me both you and Jackal are likely villagers which is why I voted the way I did.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:00 PM   #467
Danny
Head Coach

ALso, J23 was pretty absent day 1 and 2. In our game as wolves, he was more active the days a wolf was on the block and inactive the first couple days when we were safe
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #468
Danny
Head Coach

I'm pretty sure my vote will stick where it is.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #469
Danny
Head Coach

And bh, I do agree that Chief needs to be explored too, especially if Jackal is lynched and comes up villager.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #470
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Uvnvote Jag

Vote Saldana
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #471
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Here's the voting I have as of post 470:

4 The Jackal - bhlloy (416), saldana (440), Barkeep (449), Chief Rum (452)
3 JAG - Lathum (419), mauboy (421), dwardzala (451)
3 saldana - JAG (441), The Jackal (443), Danny (463)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #472
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

well...as of 471

4 The Jackal - bhlloy (416), saldana (440), Barkeep (449), Chief Rum (452)
4 saldana - JAG (441), The Jackal (443), Danny (463), dwardzala (470)
2 JAG - Lathum (419), mauboy (421)
Old 03-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #473
bhlloy
Coordinator

I read J23's day 1 vote as a random day 1 villager who just didn't get on later in the day to change it to anything more meaningful. I don't think it reflects better on Jackal or JAG TBH. I'm comfortable with Jackal or Saldana today, so if it looks like it's going to be a tie I'll switch to Sal.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #474
bhlloy
Coordinator

sorry... that should read as a vote for a day 1 villager... obviously J23 wasn't a villager was he?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 PM   #475
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I read J23's day 1 vote as a random day 1 villager who just didn't get on later in the day to change it to anything more meaningful. I don't think it reflects better on Jackal or JAG TBH. I'm comfortable with Jackal or Saldana today, so if it looks like it's going to be a tie I'll switch to Sal.

I'm just saying that's exactly what he did three games ago when were wolves together. Day 1 and 2, afk with all villagers on the block. Future days he was around and more active with wolves on the block.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:29 PM   #476
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

bhlloy, the point is, if there was a wolf on the block (at the time when he voted, it was 2-2-1-1), it wasn't a random vote for J23. You would think if we were v-v-v-w, instead of voting for a 5th villager he would vote one of the villagers with votes so as to protect the wolf on the block. Since he didn't, in my mind that makes it less likely there was a wolf he was trying to protect.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:30 PM   #477
Danny
Head Coach

Changing my mind.

Unvote Saldana
Vote Jackal

We have some time in this game still up 8-2. I'd like to know about Jackal for sure moving on and I think there's a fair chance I don't get another scan in as there may not be a martyr.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #478
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
bhlloy, the point is, if there was a wolf on the block (at the time when he voted, it was 2-2-1-1), it wasn't a random vote for J23. You would think if we were v-v-v-w, instead of voting for a 5th villager he would vote one of the villagers with votes so as to protect the wolf on the block. Since he didn't, in my mind that makes it less likely there was a wolf he was trying to protect.

It wasn't unless Danny's chart is wrong. It was 1-1-1-1 and very early in the day.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #479
bhlloy
Coordinator

And the last thing a wolf would do there is put a second vote on a villager...
Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #480
The Jackal
Coordinator

Your original read of me was right, Danny. My distillery will BURN and my daughters be sent to Norway!

But like I said, just vanilla, so go village. Guess there's time for movement, but I don't have anything more to offer. This day should provide some good history.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #481
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It wasn't unless Danny's chart is wrong. It was 1-1-1-1 and very early in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Vote Count as of Post 75

Zinto 2 - JAG (52), Danny (75)
JAG 1 - Lathum (61)
Darth Vilus 2 - The Jackal (63), Zinto (70)
The Jackal 1 - mckerney (66)

Post 78:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Vote Mckerney

I'd hate to make anyone have to go to Norway.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #482
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm interested in why you are so desperate to save Jackal. Smells like a wolf play to me... I think Jackal is the right play for today, it answers a couple of big questions.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #483
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

unvote jag
vote jackal

Jackal was my original choice, might as well go with my gut on this one.

JAG, sorry I just saw your question posed to me. I essentially voted for you because lathum did; no real rhyme or reason other than I felt like I could follow someone who has good reads most of the time. Before I put my vote in I actually had Jackal down but refreshed and saw Lathum's vote.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #484
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm interested in why you are so desperate to save Jackal. Smells like a wolf play to me... I think Jackal is the right play for today, it answers a couple of big questions.

What big questions does it answer? I can't peg a wolf early in every game, I just happened to miss this time with DV.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #485
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Your original read of me was right, Danny. My distillery will BURN and my daughters be sent to Norway!

But like I said, just vanilla, so go village. Guess there's time for movement, but I don't have anything more to offer. This day should provide some good history.

Well, the four people I suspected most are all on you, so I think I'm doing something right.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:37 PM   #486
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Post 78:

OK people must have switched... still not reading too much into it. Very early on and neither of you were in serious danger at that point.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #487
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Because I feel pretty strongly he's a villager and feel pretty strongly saldana is a wolf. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow for sure, but I doubt my vote will change for tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #488
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
What big questions does it answer? I can't peg a wolf early in every game, I just happened to miss this time with DV.

1) why go so hard after mckerney (wolf vote on day 1, NK on day 2) unless it's because he put the first vote on you both days?

2) why is JAG so strong in his defense of you if he doesn't know you from adam?

I don't have a strong feeling that you are definitely a wolf, but it does seem the smart play at this point.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:42 PM   #489
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hopefully the mayor is around.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #490
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
1) why go so hard after mckerney (wolf vote on day 1, NK on day 2) unless it's because he put the first vote on you both days?

2) why is JAG so strong in his defense of you if he doesn't know you from adam?

I don't have a strong feeling that you are definitely a wolf, but it does seem the smart play at this point.

1) Going after someone that will directly point people to a wolf as a wolf team is dumb, it's almost always a frame job.

2) He has correctly surmised that I'm a villager because A) he's a good villager who has played with me and properly judged my reactions and votes as not being as suspicious as they are being portrayed, or B) he's a wolf and knows I'm a villager. I tend to think it's the prior, but I certainly can't be sure.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #491
The Jackal
Coordinator

I mean, I'm not the only person here with votes on two known villagers (sal, CR for sure, others possibly). To claim that I look worse because I "introduced" DV day two, when he was already likely to be a candidate and I was just repeating my day 1 vote to try and get him to talk since he was silent is a bit of a weak case.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #492
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jackal's been about the only person even willing to consider some possibilities for today. Wolves will usually slink in with the "obvious" candidates. I've seen plenty of circumstantial evidence to say he's a villager and others are more suspicious.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #493
The Jackal
Coordinator

I think JAG gets his choice of one of my daughters, wolf or not!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:57 PM   #494
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Anyway, I've said more than enough. I'll check in the morning and hopefully be wrong about him.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM   #495
The Jackal
Coordinator

Autumn won't be around for the deadline, so this will be somewhat anti-climactic.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #496
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm fully confident that the village will pull this out aside from sketchy reasoning on this lynch of me. But it's very possibly that sketchy reasoning was perpetrated by furry bastards, so I can't be too mad at that.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #497
The Jackal
Coordinator

The mayor can have another of my daughters if he saved me!
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #498
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of deadline

6 The Jackal - bhlloy (416), saldana (440), barkeep49 (448), Chief Rum (452), danny (477), mauboy1 (483)
1 JAG - Lathum (419)
3 saldana - JAG (441), The Jackal (443), dwardzala (470)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #499
Autumn
Head Coach

Confusion reigns in the village. They watched one werewolf hang from the gallows, and no one die last night. Yet still people push to hang another, there must be more they proclaim. And so the village votes again. This time it is The Jackal pushed towards the gallows.

He does not resist the villagers as they string him up. He only shakes his head sadly as he is dropped. The village watches anxiously, aware now of what a wolf looks like upon death. But Jackal simply hangs there, dead but human.

The Jackal was a villager.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #500
Autumn
Head Coach

It seems dawn comes so quickly after the sunset. Maybe it is because the villagers huddle in their houses, fearful and hopeful. Perhaps no one will die again, perhaps The Jackal didn't need to die, J23 was the only werewolf.

Morning proves the village wrong though as they find the doors to Danny's house smashed open and their neighbor dead, horribly mutilated. He was sitting in some sort of magic circle inscribed on the floor.

Danny was the Seer.