Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I think you missed the fact that Autumn had voted JAG earlier in the day.

No I didn't.

His vote is the perfect trust buyer, and by now many of us know how good a villager Jag is, so there was little danger of him being lynched. Autumn then cleverly shifts his vote, with little scrutiny. But he isn't fooling me, NOT ONE BIT!!!!!
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #452
Telle
College Starter

Sooo.. you were "+1"ing the comment about late votes on JAG, which applied to you, but not the comment about early votes on JAG, which applied to Autumn?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #453
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I think you missed the fact that Autumn had voted JAG earlier in the day.

Seemingly not, since that's why he's voting me, for voting JAG and presumably trying to draw attention to the cunning.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM   #454
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Sooo.. you were "+1"ing the comment about late votes on JAG, which applied to you, but not the comment about early votes on JAG, which applied to Autumn?

yep!!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #455
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Not the sort of nuanced response I normally expect from Lathum.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #456
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyway - I'm pretty much going to have to go. I'm leaving my vote where it is as a signal about activity. Considering I think we need to find out if Packer is good or bad and then using that to decide about other day one voters. So I think the J23 vote is just basically voting for Packer but wanting to have another candidate for the sake of it. Don't really know where else to look at the moment. You¨guys will have to sort things out. Sorry.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #457
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Not the sort of nuanced response I normally expect from Lathum.

Actually it's about what I expect from Lathum. He says/does something that makes very little sense.. and then leaves it to use to tease out the meaning.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:00 PM   #458
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narcizo, sorry that I missed your question earlier - my initial thought was to see if a runaway emerged on PF. If it had, I probably would have gone contrarian thinking we had a bad candidate. But that hasn't happened, which makes me feel (at least for now) that I'm on the right candidate.

Beyond that, I would probably continue the strategy of voting for quieter players in the game that we had adopted on Day 1. The idea of voting for the quiet guys as a way to prod them is a sound one, but doesn't hold up as well if it is a one day thing and then we return to the regularly scheduled feeding frenzy on the more active posters. Obviously, I would discount quieter players who had some reason to be trusted - I think Zinto falls into that group but dwarz, mauboy, and DT do not (3 lowest posters alive right now).

If I was picking one of those guys to target it would likely be mauboy, whose posts have seemed a little off and who is considerably more quiet than I think he normally is. But for now, I'm content to ride the PF train until such time as I think it is no longer a good vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #459
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Why the switch without any reasoning? You seemed pretty confident in voting for me and possibly Thomkal for our votes on JAG last night, did something change?

I said a reason. Plus I never said confident about you but that you and Thomkal do have a high enough chance that one of you are a wolf due to the vote. You are really pinging me at this point to be honest.

I don't think I have ever had the person that I changed my vote away from complain about it...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:14 PM   #460
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE J23

Placeholder vote, really don't like it, but need to save my butt (again!) I should be on later to move this.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:17 PM   #461
Zinto
College Starter

I am not really a fan of either of the people that we have on the block right now. I am not opposed of going after one of the quieter people again and as Hoops said I am not a fan of some of the things he has said so far.

Vote Mau
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #462
Zinto
College Starter

Also I am wondering what happened to Gonzo I am thinking it is more around the lines that he forgot that he joined the game and I am hoping that he is just a vanilla villager since I would feel bad for us villagers if he had a role and bad for the wolves if he was a wolf who was not around.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #463
bhlloy
Coordinator

unvote J23

You guys have done a good job of outlining why this doesn't make sense for today I think. No need to go through with it when it's essentially the same as a PF vote. telle - take this as a "maybe you were right in this case"

So... we're down to PF (to clear up a lot of day 1) or taking a shot at a random quiet player? I'd pretty strongly support the first. I do agree that mau's said a lot of stuff that makes no sense, but that's just his game from what I remember. I'm getting a bit of a wierd vibe from DT and he had a throwaway vote on day 1 that is very easily buried. If we're going to take a shot at one of the three that might be the direction I would go in.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM   #464
Telle
College Starter

I could get on a DT vote. I do find his voting on Day 1 strange, as I explained earlier.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #465
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
unvote mrbug

vote J23

Quote:
I said a reason. Plus I never said confident about you but that you and Thomkal do have a high enough chance that one of you are a wolf due to the vote. You are really pinging me at this point to be honest.

I don't think I have ever had the person that I changed my vote away from complain about it...

Not complaining about it, just found it odd that you laid out your reasoning for not liking my vote and then decided that you were voting for me, but then when you switched off of me, you didn't leave any reason for doing it. I went to look back and saw a few posts later that you wanted two main candidates, which isn't a bad reason to vote for someone. I just found it odd that you voted first and then gave a brief reason why after previously thinking things through and then voting
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #466
Telle
College Starter

Well I'm heading home.. so I'm going to get my vote out there. I know this is only expanding the list, but I'll be around later to move it to consolidate if need be.

vote DaddyTorgo
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #467
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Okay...I have been toying with this thought all day, and it seems I really have nothing to lose doing this: I am Akela, the Duke. My thoughts for revealing now are this - I could stay back in the shadows, let the votes pile up on me, and randomly choose someone to duke the vote to. I don't recall if the duke is revealed at that point (I don't think so) but either way, it'd be fairly obvious it was me. I'd survive for one more day at least and likely be NK'd tomorrow. Either way, my odds of hitting a wolf alone tonight are pretty slim (especially since I don't have a good read on anyone). Instead, hopefully you all believe me and can move off me onto the next best candidate (which, well, isn't really anyone at this point, but at least I am "cleared"). I will likely be NK'd tonight, but the odds of everyone here pooling together to hit a wolf are better than me shooting in the dark.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #468
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Also I am wondering what happened to Gonzo I am thinking it is more around the lines that he forgot that he joined the game and I am hoping that he is just a vanilla villager since I would feel bad for us villagers if he had a role and bad for the wolves if he was a wolf who was not around.

We do have to address this at some point (assuming that the mod doesn't find a replacement) but I'm not sure when that point is.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #469
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

As a point of reference, I did have a duke order in last night, but it was NOT JAG.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #470
hoopsguy
General Manager

Packer, if you were the duke then why wouldn't you have had an order in last night to save yourself?

It certainly is a good thing you didn't, because you couldn't have done any better than getting the cunning wolf, but I sure would have expected you to use that power rather than take it to the grave last night. Your comments last night sure sounded like someone expecting to be lynched, and you were around at deadline.

Just weird. Bluffing as duke is a sure recipe to get duked. Bluffing as duke is weird because it doesn't flush out the seer either. Consider me baffled right now.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #471
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks for revealing, PF. FWIW, I think the best for the village is generally that you just place your duke order to kill the next leading vote getter. The village at least gets a lot of info when you do that.

I don't have a lot of time to think about a new vote, if this reveal is for real. I'll be heading out soon. I might go with DT. His posts had struck me as odd, and if other people also picked up on that we may have something there.

I'll give it a few minutes in case this is a off the wall wolf reveal, but will vote before I leave.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #472
MrBug708
Head Coach

Interesting turn of events
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #473
Autumn
Head Coach

Keep reading Hoops.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #474
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Keep reading Hoops.

Yep, saw it after my post went up.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #475
Zinto
College Starter

So we have to decide where wolves would hide their votes now that we believe that Packer and I are villagers. I personally would look at early votes that stuck.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #476
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, if we believe that PF is Duke, and the wolves moved a vote from him to Zinto, then either A) they're screwing with us, or B) they definitely were looking for a tie. Or I suppose the small chance that C) there's a wolf mechanic we don't know, like that the hypnotist doesn't know the other wolves.

If they were definitely looking for a tie, we should be able to pinpoint more critical votes.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #477
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well, if we believe that PF is Duke, and the wolves moved a vote from him to Zinto, then either A) they're screwing with us, or B) they definitely were looking for a tie. Or I suppose the small chance that C) there's a wolf mechanic we don't know, like that the hypnotist doesn't know the other wolves.

If they were definitely looking for a tie, we should be able to pinpoint more critical votes.

There is not a wolf mechanic we don't know about at least according to the rules .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

There are no secret roles. The only unknowns are details of things described above and below.

So either Packer is lying or the wolves wanted a tie.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #478
Zinto
College Starter

At least that is how I interpret what Crimson means there.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #479
Zinto
College Starter

Also (and I hate to add a third part to my posts when I should have made this all one post) I have high doubts that Packer is lying and as Hoops said then the Duke should just Duke him if he is.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #480
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
As a point of reference, I did have a duke order in last night, but it was NOT JAG.

I am confused on this as well-if you had a duke order in, why then did it not go off?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #481
Thomkal
Head Coach

If we are going to believe Packer's reveal, then I'm likely voting for one of the people who were voting for him before he revealed. Dwardzala and Hoops also had their last vote on him yesterday as well (correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 04-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #482
MrBug708
Head Coach

Good question?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #483
Autumn
Head Coach

Zinto, my supposition is that for instance the hypnotist might not be in PM contact with the other baddies. there's a little bit of support for that in the flavor writeup, and I don't know that CF Would consider that a secret role. I just have seen the village go through a blame with bad rule assumptions before, I want to keep things open.

Lastly, I wouldn't discount the "screw with the village" option. They might have just wanted to fix the vote, and let the village spend a few days assuming that was meaningful. Not a bad option.

I guess I'm just going to ignore the tie for the time being. I have to leave now, so I'm just going to change to someone who should at least be relevant in a few hours and doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

unvote J23
vote daddy torgo
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #484
Thomkal
Head Coach

And there was still plenty of time left for vote shifts away from Packer tonight, so why reveal now? and why reveal today and not last night?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:33 PM   #485
The Jackal
Coordinator

No sign of DT yet? I've caught myself up. Bit hypocritical coming from someone who hasn't posted today yet, but though DT didn't seem "into the game" yet when he voted, his lack of contribution definitely reminds me of other games he's been a wolf and tried to stay alive, saving vehement defense for later days.

There's little point voting PF even if you think he's lying. If he is lying he'll get duked by the real duke as has been mentioned.

VOTE DT
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #486
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not sure how much I'll be around to participate in the discussion for the next couple of hours, but I'll remove the vote from PF. I think the questions on his reveal will be more or less resolved by Thursday morning at the absolute latest.

UNVOTE PACKERFANATIC
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #487
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Votes as of post #485:

1 - dwardzala - Narcizo (322)

4 - PackerFanatic - mauboy (335), dwardzala (361), hoopsguy (378) Darth Vilus (446)
2 - J23 - EagleFan (400) PackerFanatic (460)
1 - Autumn - Lathum (389)

1 - mckerney - J23 (419)
1 - EagleFan - MrBug (432)
1 - mauboy - Zinto (461)
3 - DaddyTargo - Telle (466) Autumn (483) Jackal (485)
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #488
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

With the lack of discussion today, I didn't expect to be saved by normal vote movement. My assumption is that a vote movement role would take place before any duking, and since I didn't end up as the lynch, my duking wasn't used.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #489
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And there was still plenty of time left for vote shifts away from Packer tonight, so why reveal now? and why reveal today and not last night?

It doesn't matter, fake revealing as the duke is impossible.

I think he should duke to Autumn, I do not feel DT is a wolf, I usually have pretty good reads on him and do not feel he is a wolf.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #490
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well if we're pulling off pf I will go with the person I've had funny vibes with.

unvote pf
vote thomkal
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #491
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think that the DT train is starting to pick up a smidge more momentum than I might like, so I'll go with another one of the candidates from my earlier list. Quiet, and I don't think of him as a quiet player from previous games.

VOTE MAUBOY
Old 04-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #492
J23
College Benchwarmer

CF,

Two questions:

1. Gonzo - Any luck contacting him? Any chance of a replacement?
2. Do the wolves know which villager roles are in the game and which aren't?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:03 PM   #493
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Odd decision by Autumn. PF reveals and Autumn unvotes the person who was in second, basically giving PF even more of a lead at that time.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wish I was the duke, Autumn would be wolf meat, WOLFMEAT I SAY!!!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #495
J23
College Benchwarmer

Lathum,

Are you feeling ok?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #497
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Odd decision by Autumn. PF reveals and Autumn unvotes the person who was in second, basically giving PF even more of a lead at that time.

Pretty sure that PF isn't going to get lynched but I saw the same thing.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:15 PM   #498
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I think that the DT train is starting to pick up a smidge more momentum than I might like, so I'll go with another one of the candidates from my earlier list. Quiet, and I don't think of him as a quiet player from previous games.

VOTE MAUBOY

Do whatever u feel is necessary but to say I've been inactive means I'm a wolf doesn't mean much. Look at last game, I was a villager and didn't contribute much early on. I checked in late yesterday and have been more active than most people since..and for some yesterday being active was talking about pointless crap. High post counts don't always equate to being active with your likely definition.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #499
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
If we are going to believe Packer's reveal, then I'm likely voting for one of the people who were voting for him before he revealed. Dwardzala and Hoops also had their last vote on him yesterday as well (correct me if I'm wrong)

Yeah, so what?

That just meant I didn't know he was the Duke, not that I am a wolf.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #500
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Oh and

unvote PF
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote