Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 AM   #301
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Jackal, er I mean, Jester, how does the bodyguard work in this situation? Is the BG allowed to protect players in a different room? Similar questions for the other roles that scan/target people.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #302
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Wow Jackal great timing.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #303
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Jackal, er I mean, Jester, how does the bodyguard work in this situation? Is the BG allowed to protect players in a different room? Similar questions for the other roles that scan/target people.

For the purposes of any roles/abilities that can target people, you are all technically still in the same room.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #304
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #305
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I am not against a vote for Dward at all seeing as I would say lynching him, Mau, or NTN would make sense if we are just trying to pick off more quiet people.

I agree with dward, but I actually got more of a wierd wolfy feel from ntn yesterday. Whenever somebody plays what I feel is slightly out of character it piques my interest.

Mauboy - I can't read that guy for shit, ever. He's so completely out there and insane that he could be wolf, he could be villager or he could be captain jack sparrow in any given game

So in the interest of putting another candidate up, I'll go with ntn for tonight.

Vote ntndeacon
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:06 AM   #306
The Jackal
Coordinator

Now I need to go to sleep before Narcizo gets here.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #307
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Now I need to go to sleep before Narcizo gets here.

best post ever.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #308
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So what do you two think about the people in our room and also the people in their room?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:16 AM   #309
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
hey, I played nice day 1 and didn't vote for you on purpose for that reason

Haha I was just giving you a hard time.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #310
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I agree with dward, but I actually got more of a wierd wolfy feel from ntn yesterday. Whenever somebody plays what I feel is slightly out of character it piques my interest.

Mauboy - I can't read that guy for shit, ever. He's so completely out there and insane that he could be wolf, he could be villager or he could be captain jack sparrow in any given game

So in the interest of putting another candidate up, I'll go with ntn for tonight.

Vote ntndeacon

NTN is fine with me also since I find it odd that he would vote me for being UTR when he plays the same way almost every game.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #311
Zinto
College Starter

82 - Autumn votes CrimsonFox
84 - Narcizo votes Zinto
86 - McKerney votes Darth Vilus
97 - Packer votes Autumn
100 - NTN votes Zinto
130 - Dwardzala votes Darth Vilus
177 - Darth Vilus votes J23
181 - Schmidty votes Zinto
182 - Bhlloy votes CrimsonFox
192 - Tyrith votes CrimsonFox
193 - J23 votes Darth Vilus
194 - CrimsonFox votes Darth Vilus
199 - Abe Sargent votes Zinto
200 - Mauboy votes CrimsonFox
201 - Zinto votes Darth Vilus
202 - Mr. Bug votes CrimsonFox
209 - Hoopsguy votes Darth Vilus
214 - Telle votes Darth Vilus
Old 05-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #312
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Vote ntndeacon

Agreed, impossible to read mauboy except on a situation by situation basis. That's why I like him. Total wildcard and throws off the "usual votes", yet contributes. Granted I like him a little less since he voted for me.

dward, like Zinto gets picked on a lot I think. I don't really have any sort of read on him, although he hasn't played many games.

ntn never says a word and today he seemed really engaged and talkative.

I had slight spidey sense on Schmidty and the way he voted, but it was very minor and not much to go on. When I remember playing with him, he's been as quiet as ntndeacon, so I don't know how to read him either.

I alraedy said autumn's reason for voting me first seemed bogus to me and thus he's pinging me. When he's a villager he's helpful and communicative and unsure where to vote. When he's a wolf he points fingers and gives bogus reasons like that one: "Because he talked too much before the game started". Granted I know you guys won't vote for him. Just remember this later.

Giving Telle a break today as she also helped save my bacon.

Who else is there?

oh mckerney. No read. Didn't notice anything odd about him myself, including what hoops said. He's always up for vote many days lately and always manages to snake out alive. He does a very good active player that dives under the radar at the right times.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #313
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
82 - Autumn votes CrimsonFox
84 - Narcizo votes Zinto
86 - McKerney votes Darth Vilus
97 - Packer votes Autumn
100 - NTN votes Zinto
130 - Dwardzala votes Darth Vilus
177 - Darth Vilus votes J23
181 - Schmidty votes Zinto
182 - Bhlloy votes CrimsonFox
192 - Tyrith votes CrimsonFox
193 - J23 votes Darth Vilus
194 - CrimsonFox votes Darth Vilus
199 - Abe Sargent votes Zinto
200 - Mauboy votes CrimsonFox
201 - Zinto votes Darth Vilus
202 - Mr. Bug votes CrimsonFox
209 - Hoopsguy votes Darth Vilus
214 - Telle votes Darth Vilus

lol for a minute there I thought Narcizo was here.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:40 AM   #314
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So
MrBug. I'm not surprised he voted for me at all after I got all paranoid on him last game. So could be either villager/wolf.

Abe. I have no idea. I didn't really know how to read wolfiness from him a year ago except that he is sneaky like hoops and danny. So no idea.

Packerfanatic. A total under the radar guy who is hard to read. His vote was total throwaway today. That doesn't prove anything but I do think he's a good candidate today too.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #315
Zinto
College Starter

I really do not like Packer's vote on Autumn since it didn't make Autumn a candidate and he never moved it. Other then that we can look at some of the earlier voters that we can vote for which are NTN, Dward, Mckerney, and Schmidty since the wolves usually like to bury their votes.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #316
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
lol for a minute there I thought Narcizo was here.

Just trying to make his life a little easier when he gets here.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:44 AM   #317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL! HEy! He IS here!!!!!! *does the dance of joy!*
Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #318
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

You guys make me laugh. How could it be me, there's no time stamps.

Got to go along with Hoops on the "us being screwed" assessment. I think the fact that the room is dark means that we went into the wrong room (given the early rhythm about right is light, wrong is dark - which makes me suspicious of people pushing orange and those saying they were voting green or blue (and then moving their vote secretly). So that's all the bases covered there then.

Seems really unusual that there were no unvotes at all yesterday but you know, after last game I think the wolves best bet is to vote one of their own after they get two or three votes. My gut instinct is that we were all villager there. Not that it helps them today.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #319
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I turn up and people leave. I might start getting a complex at this rate.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:55 AM   #320
Zinto
College Starter

I almost feel as though trying to pin how Hoops voted on him being a wolf would be a mistake since if Crimson is a villager then he had no choice but to vote for a villager.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #321
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Whoops. Packerfanatic is in OUR room, not theirs. Gee that's how under the radar he is. I never even knew he was here.

So obviously I cannot vote for him.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:06 AM   #322
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

00:50 #82 - Autumn votes CrimsonFox (1)
02:09 #84 - Narcizo votes Zinto (1)
02:32 #86 - McKerney votes Darth Vilus (1)
09:48 #97 - Packer votes Autumn (1)
10:32 #100 - NTN votes Zinto (2)
12:18 #130 - Dwardzala votes Darth Vilus (2)

16:49 #177 - Darth Vilus votes J23 (1)
17:25 #181 - Schmidty votes Zinto (3)
17:29 #182 - Bhlloy votes CrimsonFox (2)
18:07 #192 - Tyrith votes CrimsonFox (3)
18:10 #193 - J23 votes Darth Vilus (3)
18:20 #194 - CrimsonFox votes Darth Vilus (4)

19:22 #199 - Abe Sargent votes Zinto (4)
19:36 #200 - Mauboy votes CrimsonFox (4)
19:42 #201 - Zinto votes Darth Vilus (5)
19:42 #202 - MrBug votes CrimsonFox (5)
20:50 #209 - Hoopsguy votes Darth Vilus (6)
21:48 #214 - Telle votes Darth Vilus (7)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:16 AM   #323
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I almost feel as though trying to pin how Hoops voted on him being a wolf would be a mistake since if Crimson is a villager then he had no choice but to vote for a villager.

I can see Hoops getting tricky but I do believe he tries to save team-mates as a wolf on day one more than I would, so it could be a save of Crimson. I do have a hard time seeing Telle burying DV if she's a wolf as she knows it's going to look bad for her. So I won't be voting Telle today.

But I've just realised that the wolves are going to have to be careful with their votes. Even if they think it's villager-villager it could turn out to be villager-other team and they might wind up looking like their defending a wolf of the other team. Which would be gloriously ironic. That might explain why there was no movement.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #324
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And we can read their posts and analysis in the other thread once they all come back here (if they do) which will be useful.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #325
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

7 Darth Vilus - mckerney (86), dwardzala (130), J23 (193), CrimsonFox (194), Zinto (201), hoopsguy (209), Telle (214)
5 CrimsonFox - Autumn (82), bhlloy (182), Tyrith (192), mauboy1 (200), MrBug (202)
4 Zinto - Narcizo (84), ntndeacon (100), Schmidty (181), Abe Sargent (199)
1 Autumn - PackerFanatic (97)
1 J23 - Darth Vilus (177)
Old 05-11-2011, 01:23 AM   #326
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I think the fact that the room is dark means that we went into the wrong room (given the early rhythm about right is light, wrong is dark

I think the following says it more clearly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The Jester's voice resounds loud and clear:

YOU CHOSE WRONG! THAT PLEASES ME, GOOD JOB! ENJOY THE SPLIT, NO BANANAS, ONLY PAIN!

Quote:

- which makes me suspicious of people pushing orange and those saying they were voting green or blue (and then moving their vote secretly). So that's all the bases covered there then.

So you are suspicious of everyone then. Excellent work, Holmes. You've earned your keep.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #327
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Telle
Abe Sargent
Autumn
Dwardzala
Mayboy1
Mckerney
MrBug708
ntndeacon
Schmidty

Just to get it onto this page. Who's Mayboy?

Yeah, our thread really got the vote analysis candidates. Not liking our options here.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #328
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I think the following says it more clearly

So you are suspicious of everyone then. Excellent work, Holmes. You've earned your keep.

I was born suspicious of everyone.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:49 AM   #329
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Telle
Abe Sargent
Autumn
Dwardzala
Mayboy1
Mckerney
MrBug708
ntndeacon
Schmidty

Just to get it onto this page. Who's Mayboy?

Yeah, our thread really got the vote analysis candidates. Not liking our options here.

I think that might be an autophone thing as I've seen a couple other people do that too. Although the Y and U are right next to each other.

As for candidates, look at their posts then. You said you were going to try an intuitive game next time.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:00 AM   #330
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I have mckerney in the list because I think he seemed interested in participating in analysis more today than I've seen him in past games.

hoops, I have now gone back and looked at mckerney's posts and he seems very villager to me. I do think he has things to contribute in most games, just that he is short and concise. (unlike my longwinded stream of consciousness...)

His analysis posts today suggest uber mathhead that is getting his chance to solve solve puzzles and thus excited about that and trying things so I really don't think he's a wolf candidate even after he comes back.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #331
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Telle - Get's enough trust from me from the last vote on DV to give her a pass today. Yes, it's a strange world we live in.
Abe Sargent - I think I remember playing one game with Abe where he was a wolf and he didn't do anything like the phone business.Seems like a poor move for a wolf and it's entertaining so no reason to vote him off.
Autumn - Tough to say as he was hardly around. His value as a villager makes me want to keep him around for now.
Dwardzala - Dude just isn't going to post much no matter what. Don't want to hound a new player out but he does have a vote on DV. He has to accept that if you don't say anything and vote for a known villager then you're going to get heat.
Mauboy1 - AnotherUTR player. Better as a wolf than a villager in my opinion. Makes him a candidate to me.
Mckerney - Very active yesterday with ideas. Could be leading us down the garden path but a lot of what he was saying matched up with what I thought so I'm not going to look at him today.
MrBug708 - He's posted more than usual when he's not under pressure but doesn't actually seem to have said much.Always makes me a bit suspicious. Lots of "what's going on posts".
ntndeacon - People have actually been saying that he's posted more? Came up with a trap room being a prime power in the film but that's about it, apart from a prediliction for Natalie Portman. But if this is a new turn for NTN I don't want to discourage him with a vote again. I feel bad about voting for him last time because he posted too much.
Schmidty - can't remember Schmidty's usual play style but he was very UTR yesterday. In fact I'm not sure it could be classified as UTR more like non-existent. Don't want to jump on him just yet though.

Gut tells me that MrBug has the wolfiest vibe of the lot. With the added bonus that if MrBug comes up wolf it seems unlikely Crimson is a wolf on the same team. While I might think the best policy is to vote team-mate as a wolf in his circumstances I think it's a natural reflex for most not to do so.

Vote MrBug
Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 AM   #332
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ok I think we need to think a bit about whether there are going to be one or two lynches today. One lynch per group and we can let things play out as normal within the group - don't think the wolves have any advantage there. If it's one lynch across both threads then you've got the opportunity for wolves to steer things between threads (assuming they can stay in contact with each other). I actually feel better seeing a single lynch coming from this thread so I don't think we want a runaway here to make sure "our" candidate get's got. But it is very irritating that there's stuff going on in the other thread that I can't see. You're an evil man Jackal.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:07 AM   #333
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Meh! That wasn't very clear. I meant that I think we have better lynch candidates in this thread so I don't think we want to oppose whatever the other thread decides by creating a runaway here.

That's probably not very clear either but sod it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:28 AM   #334
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It would be hilarious if the jackal put all the wolves on their team.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #335
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This post is suspicious, vote crimsonfox

I would like another nugget of Dannywisdom (TM) please.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 AM   #336
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

For what it's worth (nothing) I voted green door so I don't think that explains how we're spread out, if most others here voted orange.

After yesterday I feel stronger that we should be tracking door votes. Might be helpful if people could say which door they voted for yesterday and which door they intend to vote today. I think it's significant that we wound up going through the wrong door and if it's significant we should probably try to track it. I'm rubbish at maths/word problems like there seems to be with the doors so it will give me something else to do instead while the eggheads work this stuff out.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:00 AM   #337
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Claimed door.

4 Green - Narcizo (85), Packer (93), Telle (94), Bhlloy (95),

7 Orange - mckerney (86), mauboy? (126), Hoops (140), J23 (149), DV (168), Zinto (176), Abe (178)

3 Blue - Autumn (83), NTNDeacon? (99), Dwardzala (130)

1 None - Danny (261)

No claim: MrBug, CrimsonFox, Tyrith, Schmidty.

Clearly no reason to consider shenanighans here. The overall stated favourite was orange and orange we got.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:26 AM   #338
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
ditto. orange.

*poke poke*
Old 05-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #339
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Only checked up to the vote, didn't think to check afterwards.

Claimed door. (pre/postvote)

4 Green - Narcizo (85/336), Packer (93), Telle (94), Bhlloy (95),

7 Orange - mckerney (86), mauboy? (126), Hoops (140), J23 (149/290), DV (168), Zinto (176), Abe (178), Crimson (/292)

3 Blue - Autumn (83), NTNDeacon? (99), Dwardzala (130)

1 None - Danny (/261)

No claim: MrBug, Tyrith, Schmidty.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:47 AM   #340
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I might have missed you covering this CF but what made you think DV might be a wolf yesterday? You said you didn't have a choice but to vote DV but you could have voted Zinto. What made you suspicious of DV?
Old 05-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #341
hoopsguy
General Manager

I did not end up submitting a PM for the door - had posted Orange in the thread but forgot to follow it up with a PM.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #342
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also pretty sure Crimson has more posts since the split than the other thread has total
Old 05-11-2011, 06:01 AM   #343
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That sounds accurate hoops. I realize now that Autumn and packerfan are said they were not going to be on all day after their vote posts. That leaves all the analysis to Abe and mckerney I think.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I might have missed you covering this CF but what made you think DV might be a wolf yesterday? You said you didn't have a choice but to vote DV but you could have voted Zinto. What made you suspicious of DV?

what always does. looking at his posts, their wording and number. Trying to read him. Just kinda jumped out at me as weird. The thing is people can sound weird for other reasons so basically was just a wrong read.

With Zinto in the thread all day and not having voted yet, I didn't want to vote for him since I wanted to save myself. I vote for Zinto and he votes for me no question (as well as anyone else who hadn't voted yet possibly voting for me). And since I suspected DV already it was a nobrainer since they were tied. I'm very thankful (and grateful ) that zinto didn't change his vote the last hour. He could have.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #345
hoopsguy
General Manager

As far as my vote, I'm not in lockstep with Tyrith by any means .... or any other player at this point. I certainly think I have a history of being willing to listen to analysis by other players and expect to do that here. I'm pretty comfortable with any of the three candidates with votes being our selection at this juncture.

Without understanding how this vote will work today, and with vote analysis being a critical part of how we're going to eventually target wolves this game, I'm pretty reluctant to endorse any strategies that call for a unified vote. Even if that might lead me to being at greater risk personally ("bad" vote yesterday) I want people to vote this one straight up so that we have meaningful votes to follow later in the game.

OK, off to work, back on later today.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:18 AM   #346
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Well I was hoping that we could throw up some good candidates, have our own arguments and and solidify on one candidate we all vote for. I just fear the single vote thing. As long as that's a possibility I think either me or Zinto is out with their side not losing one.
I'd kinda like to keep us all alive over here for now. As long as we're getting a lot of back and forth out. But these as I said are fairly selfish reasons (aka a chance I may not die). I understand the benefit of a regular vote. Granted we could get that somewhat if we decided on an earlier deadline for the "prevote" before we all switched to one.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #347
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That sounds accurate hoops. I realize now that Autumn and packerfan are said they were not going to be on all day after their vote posts. That leaves all the analysis to Abe and mckerney I think.

Autumn said he wasn't going to be around yesterday, not today, didn't he? But yeah, I think we've got the majority of the talkers. It's like Jackal has set up a big experiment of people with voting patterns vs UTR people.

Thanks for the explanation of the DV vote by the way CF - for what it's worth I probably wouldn't vote for you even if I could.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #348
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I was thinking about either ntn or Schmidty at this point. They are pretty much clones as far as how they play. The "nonexistent" Schmidty is a good word. Since they've both had a break and are both back refreshed, I look forward to their contributions.

I liked your analysis. I was thinking of giving Bug a pass as his vote for me isn't suspicious to me. But now that you mentioned his other posts, his "I"m so lost" post seemed to be overdoing it indeed. Perhaps from Abe too.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #349
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and thanks man.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:27 AM   #350
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

and yes my grammar sucks lately. My brain thinks one word and my fingers type another sometimes.

My post count is high tho.