Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #1
Zinto
College Starter

WW CXXXV-Dragonball Z - Saiyans Win

To pass some of the time until Danny is ready to run his game I figured I could help out and run a small game.

This game is a basic werewolf game set in the world of Dragon Ball. The first ten players who sign up will get to play this awesome game.

Two aliens invaded planet Earth to kill all humans and find seven magic balls that can grant any wish. These Sayains decided they where going to sell the planet after killing off the inhabitants and after finding the Dragon Balls so that they could make a wish. The only thing in their way of accomplishing their goals is a team of Earth's greatest fighters lead by Goku and Piccolo.

Rules:
No quoting of PMS
No editing of Posts
No discussing the game outside of the thread

Deadline:
10 PM EST-Voting Deadline Any votes labeled 10 PM or later will not count
11 PM EST-Dawn All night actions are due by 11 PM

Good Roles:
Goku-Hunter: The leader of the Z warriors and Earths best chance of survival. Being the strongest of Earth's warrior if he is the only Z-warrior left with one Sayain then the Z-Warriors win.

Piccolo-Seer: Once the greatest villain to ever walk the Earth he was defeated by Goku only to be reborn as one of Earth's best hopes. With the help of Kami he can scan one player each night to see if they are a hero or villain.

Z-Warriors-Vanilla Villagers: Earth's defenders who have been training to do battle with the invading Sayains.

Evil Roles-
Nappa- Vegata's right hand man. He is dumb but extremely strong. He obeys Vegeta's every request but gets annoyed very easily.

Vegata- The strongest warrior in the known universe and Earth's greatest foe. He is smart and knows his opponents weaknesses.

Saibaman-Sorceror: The Saibaman are little green people who help the Sayains achieve victory over planets. Disguised as a Z-Warrior this Saibaman is there to cause as much trouble as he can and wins with the wolves but counts as a villager in any end game situation.

Last edited by Zinto : 09-21-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
Zinto
College Starter

Signups:
1. Crimson Fox
2. Chubby-Goku-Nightkill Night One
3. PackerFanatic-Krillen-Nightkill Night Three
4. Autumn-Saibaman-Lynch Day Three
5. Mauboy-Vegeta-Lynch Day Two
6. McKerney-Piccolo-Nightkill Night Two
7. Niccus-Tien-Nightkill Night Four
8. The Jackal
9. Narcizo
10. Darth Vilus-Yamcha(Z-Warrior)-Lynch Day One

Last edited by Zinto : 06-27-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
Zinto
College Starter

I am dying of exhaustion trying to make myself not sound dumb in my intro and not put too much information from the show that I am not sure that people will care about.

If anyone has cause of concern with an eight villager vs. two wolf game and feel that we need another wolf let me know.

Other then that we can start as soon as we have enough sign ups and I will reread everything I posted tomorrow since I feel as though I messed up something.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Zinto
College Starter

Also I would love to hear any other feedback on anything else in the rules since quite honestly I have no idea what I am doing
Old 06-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (his face shutters) iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (his eyebrows twitch) iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (his teeth grind) iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnn! *fireball explode from his mouth!*
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:02 AM   #6
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Also I would love to hear any other feedback on anything else in the rules since quite honestly I have no idea what I am doing

A bodyguard is very powerful in a small game like this so I'd suggest adding a (cultist) sorceror to make it 11 players. (cultist/sorceror counts as villager, wins with wolves, knows the id of the wolves but the wolves don't know him).

Adding an outright 3rd wolf would tip it in favour of the wolfies while at the moment I think it's quite biased to the villager (particularly with a bodyguard in such a small game).

To help you balance a Perfect 11 game in BGG (which is pretty much tested to death I think) is seer, matyr, hunter & 5 vanillas vs 2 wolves & 1 sorc/cultist. Matyr is a bodyguard who dies if he blocks a night kill - he's basically there to keep the seer or the hunter alive one extra night.

Having an even number is dangerous because unless there is a blocked/missed night kill you can come down to there being 4 players left with one wolf. IN these cases the best tactic is to vote no lynch and let the wolf night kill a villager, so you can get it down to 2:1. 3:1 gives you less chance of hitting the wolf (theoretically) and then the night kill wins the game.

I probably can't play anyway as I won't be around much on Friday which would, hopefully, be when the game is coming to a head. I can be an alternative again if you need an extra head to start at a reasonable time.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

in
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

In
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

In
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #10
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

do the vanilla z warriors get to have actual characters? that'd be cool if we did... krillin, gotenks, trunks, hercule, etc...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #11
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
do the vanilla z warriors get to have actual characters? that'd be cool if we did... krillin, gotenks, trunks, hercule, etc...

Only if the wolves are given names that they can use as well. Otherwise it would be the shortest and easiest game of werewolf EVAH!
Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #12
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
while at the moment I think it's quite biased to the villager (particularly with a bodyguard in such a small game).

Of course this would depend on whether the two wolves have special powers that haven't been listed (sounds like one might be a brutal for example, while the leader sounds like a villager role seer). Dunno how that would effect things although there's a 50% chance that a brutal wolf won't make any difference at all.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah I am not going to send out any more named roles then there are since it would come down to a mass reveal and the wolves automatically losing but more then likely every vanilla will have a hidden role that will be used in the writeup but has no powers.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
Zinto
College Starter

I appreciate the advice Narcizo. What if I changed the BG to a hunter and added a sorcerer for a vanilla villager?
Old 06-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #15
Zinto
College Starter

Alright so everything is all set on a rules front hopefully we can get the rest of the signups we need today so that we can start the game tonight.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'll take a break!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #17
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

almost joined... and i may join a small game in the future... but only with work day deadlines

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:49 AM   #18
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I appreciate the advice Narcizo. What if I changed the BG to a hunter and added a sorcerer for a vanilla villager?

Looks fine. Probably slightly tough for the wolves but there's been a string of wolf wins so they'll just have to step up their game.

Remember to keep me as an alternate if you get nine sign-ups and can't cajole anyone else to step up.

Last edited by Narcizo : 06-21-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What about the wolves? Are you hinting at a brutal or is that just flavor? I think brutals and cunnings may be both too powerful in a small game.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #20
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Looks to be just flavor to me.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #21
Zinto
College Starter

Yep it is just flavor.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #22
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I do agree with Chubby. Naming everybody even Vanillas will help the story and will give you inspiration for writeups. Simple games do make the best stories.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #23
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'll join. If zinto will have me!
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #24
Zinto
College Starter

You are in Mau I was confused by how you posted originally haha
Old 06-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #25
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
almost joined... and i may join a small game in the future... but only with work day deadlines

Hopefully you join a small game in the future then
Old 06-21-2011, 01:34 PM   #26
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Well I was going to take a break but screw it... I'll be good to go.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #27
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hmmmm i don't know how bhlloy could join this gamenot being able to vote for zinto.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM   #28
Zinto
College Starter

I may drop down the number of people from eleven to nine since it is looking like it might be trouble getting people. We will see where we are tomorrow.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #29
mckerney
Coordinator

I'll join.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:25 PM   #30
Niccus
n00b

I'm In
Niccus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #31
The Jackal
Coordinator

I know nothing about dragonball Z but i'll join to help the numbers
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #32
Zinto
College Starter

Awesome looks like we need one more since I am ready to run this thing. Narcizo if you can/want to play I would love for you to do so.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post

DONE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 AM   #34
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Awesome looks like we need one more since I am ready to run this thing. Narcizo if you can/want to play I would love for you to do so.

OK - hook me up.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 AM   #35
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

in

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #36
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Dragonball Z=AWESOME I have the entire series of dragonball, z, and gt ;-)

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-22-2011, 01:14 AM   #37
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

fave characters?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #38
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
fave characters?

My favorite character is Gohan hands down since I really got into dragonball z during the Cell Saga. What about you?

I haven't really watched dragonball or GT and I have heard some bad things about GT but I do want to watch them eventually.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:34 AM   #39
Zinto
College Starter

Alright sign-ups are closed and the martyr role is gone from the game. I will be sending out roles shortly.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #40
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I like goku just because of the amount of power he obtains but my favorite is probabaly vegeta. i will admit though that gohan was badass during the cell saga. And after the old kai's training i like future trunks too when he fought frieza.

Dragonball was alot more comedic than dbz but it was still good. I like the power levels and fights in gt but it's my least fave of the 3. looks like they rushed it alot. And i dont really care for the main storyline

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-22-2011, 01:49 AM   #41
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

if you count the movies i think broly is Awesome!!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 06-22-2011, 01:52 AM   #42
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ahhh! I love coming here. Makes me feel much less of a geek.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #43
Zinto
College Starter

I really like Brolly also. I pretty much like all things DBZ minus Krillen with hair
Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #44
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I know nothing of the world except for the gritfaces the grit teeth and the huge muskles. I like the little green guy. But are there two gokus? Or was there one series where goku was tiny and then later he grows to an adult?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #45
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Game on. I know nowt at all about Dragonball but I roll a mean Bakugan, thanks to my son.

Anyway. Day one. A quiet village is a dead village. Etc etc. But there's nothing to talk about so we have to try and get pressure on people and see how they and other people react to that pressure. People likely to be around to get talking for the next 4 hours are Crimson and maybe DV (if he hasn't gone to bed already). I promised Crimson not to vote him so that leaves DV. He has to pay for the The Batman game as well.

Vote Darth Vilus
Old 06-22-2011, 02:13 AM   #46
Zinto
College Starter

The day of doom has arrived. Raditz told the Z-Warriors after his defeat that in three years time two more powerful warriors would come to avenge his death and take Earth for their own. On the day that they where told that the Sayains where arriving they met at the their predicted landing spots. Two ships had landed but their was no sign of the two warriors. "They must be disguised as one of us," said Goku. "We must figure out who is the traitors in our camp."

The game has began.

Last edited by Zinto : 06-22-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #47
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Goku, we shall not fail you. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. My muskles are HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. I am a warrior. a warrior of Z! and I taste like Vanilla! Me check in for battle! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWJAFHJKNASLKVNASLKNSKLJAGNLKASJRTAE
Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 AM   #48
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oops. Sorry about the premature posting.

7:3 - I don't think the seer got a Night 0 scan so it makes it pretty difficult for him to time his reveal. There's obviously no reason at all for him to reveal today - without any sort of bg he's dead before he gets a scan. Thinking about things I'm actually very tempted to argue that no lynch is the way to go today. Because, like, I want to be lynched by everyone and all.

Assume we lynch a villager today and we don't have any luck and the wolfies kill a villager and not the sorc. We're 5:3 - miss an evil role with the next lynch and kill and the baddies are 3:3 and we have to rely on whatever the tie-breaker is or the sorc not being able to communicate to have a chance. We vote no lynch then we half the chance of the seer getting killed today/tonight allowing him to get a scan in. The wolves probably will have less of a read on who the seer is but then again the seer is going to have less to go off of to base his scan on so it's swings and roundabouts. I'm just making the point because eventually, unless we get very unlucky or lucky we're going to have to no lynch one day. I just don't know if it's better today or later in the game.

Anyone got any non-kneejerk reaction to these thoughts?

Is this a full reveal game Zinto? (ie will we know when the seer or sorceror are killed, or will we just know if they were good or evil)? And do we know what the tie-breaker is? Is No Lynch an option?
Old 06-22-2011, 02:27 AM   #49
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post

Is this a full reveal game Zinto? (ie will we know when the seer or sorceror are killed, or will we just know if they were good or evil)? And do we know what the tie-breaker is? Is No Lynch an option?

No worries on the premature post.

This is a full reveal game. The tie breaker is longest standing vote and no lynch is an option.

Last edited by Zinto : 06-22-2011 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:29 AM   #50
Niccus
n00b

A WARRIOR OF Z CHECKING IN!!!!!
Niccus is offline   Reply With Quote