Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #201
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
That makes sense. So powers will likely rotate from person to person, maybe some will stick and others will be one off?

I could see that. I do still have a vestige of an ability from the Cube (whereas before I had none), but I am still trying to decide if it has much value. It doesn't seem to have any relation to what I tried to do with the Cube.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #202
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Interesting Chief. So am I correct in my understanding that your use of the cube was more or less "wasted", since you tried something that didn't work?

Yup, that's exactly it, unfortunately. I might have had better luck if I had stuck with something very WW basic, like "BG me" or "Night kill Player X".

The Cube description led me to believe, though, that it is capable of much more.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #203
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Chief - was that the flash of light from 2:18am this morning (post #167) or the one during the day? Because if so that puts a pretty big fork in a theory I'm working on.

I lost the Cube with the flash of light at 2:18 a.m., which seems to be when Chubby processed the Night One actions. I received it with the flash of light at 3:54 p.m. yesterday.

All times PDT.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #204
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I think we need information. So I am spilling the beans.

Yesterday, when the second flash of light happened, the Cube magically appeared in front of me, and I was in control of it. I was given little indication of what all powers it has, but that they were significant and many, kinda like a do all WW tool, I think.

I was told I could not use it until the night phase.

I attempted to contact everyone on my team vuia a PM, but it appears this did not work, maybe was beyond what the Cube could do. This morning, with the sim and my attempted use of the Cube, it up and disappeared again, no doubt to another player in the game.

So it looks like these flashes of light represents the Cube transporting itself to another player, probably after being used.

Are you saying you dont know anyone on your team? Or you do, but after you activated the Cube, you lost contact?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 PM   #205
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Are you saying you dont know anyone on your team? Or you do, but after you activated the Cube, you lost contact?

I came into the game not knowing anyone on my team. I still don't.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:39 PM   #206
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I lost the Cube with the flash of light at 2:18 a.m., which seems to be when Chubby processed the Night One actions. I received it with the flash of light at 3:54 p.m. yesterday.

All times PDT.

Shame, I thought I had a really nice read on who used the cube at that time and what they used it for. Shows what I know.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 PM   #207
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Shame, I thought I had a really nice read on who used the cube at that time and what they used it for. Shows what I know.

Well, keep in mind that I lost the Cube when I used it. So wehn I received it, it's conceivable whoever had it before had just used it (and then lost it, just like I did).

Old 08-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #208
The Jackal
Coordinator

Stupid graduate certificate program not wanting me.

I DONT WANT YOU EITHER, JERKS

sigh
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #209
The Jackal
Coordinator

I really don't know what I can add to the game at this point. I feel like vote history is going to be very important in endgame when there are only a few people left on each side and they may not be able to communicate with each other.

However it seems like at some point everyone's allegiance is going to be known, and then it might not matter so much what happens in terms of vote history, moreso how the cube has been used over the course of the game to benefit one team over the other.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:48 PM   #210
The Jackal
Coordinator

So I guess these first couple days when most of us (presumably) don't have powers are just about trimming numbers down, and as the game progresses and more actions are able to be taken, that's when things get interesting.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #211
Telle
College Starter

Well I'm taking off in about ten minutes, and I'm not sure I'll have a chance to get back on before deadline this evening. So, I'm going to take the plunge and be the first to second-vote someone.

vote Darth Vilus
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:51 PM   #212
The Jackal
Coordinator

I imagine people aren't going to encourage a mass reveal early just out of respect to the idea of the game, and it would make voting a pretty silly venture.

On the flip side, if everyone knows who isn't on their side it makes deciding who to use a kill ability on much easier, so there's that reason against revealing I suppose.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #213
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
vote Narcizo

didn't like that he didn't take his vote off yesterday after misinterperting the rules.

that's really all I got or going back to my day 1 vote.

I didn't misinterpret the rules. You misinterpreted my comment. With an even split there's a greater than 50:50 chance that anyone I voted would be an enemy. I only mentioned the neutral bit because if there were 15 players then there's a chance that there might be a 50:50 chance of hitting an enemy, if the opposing side had one more player than my side. I picked mckerney because he seemed keen for everyone to be his friend. And, because it is a crap shoot.

Say I did somehow know that mckerney was on the opposite side to me. (I didn't) Why would it upset you that I put a vote on someone when a) you don't know his allegiance and b) you don't know my allegiance. Or do you?

Then again your reasoning for voting me is as good as any we're likely to see (be given, at least) today. So fair enough.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #214
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

running errands right now, will be home around 6ish est and should be around thru deadline.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:40 PM   #215
Autumn
Head Coach

Thanks, Chief, for explaining about the Cube. That was my best guess what was happening, it moving around, but it's good to have a sense what it can or can't do. I wonder if that's the only way any of us develop powers or if there are other means.

I don't have any reason to vote anywhere at the moment so I"ll stay put. I should be around at deadline this time though.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 PM   #216
MrBug708
Head Coach

Vote - DV
Old 08-26-2011, 03:18 PM   #217
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
on what?

4am deadline was due to my work schedule. It was either that or do the same deadline for day/night like Thor game (which I liked) but ultimately I chose to give the players some time to adjust based on lynch.

no no sorry, I meant on whether the Sub-mariner was a hero or villain. my bad, I shoulda been more clear on my request

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #218
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I was tending to think I'd vote for someone who stayed on me after I said I wasn't a villain yesterday, mainly hoops, heinz, or DV.

So, with plenty of room for movement if we get any sort of useful info..

VOTE DV

This is complete BS, pardon my French, I said that I wasn't a villain either ysterday so i don't get your point. Anyone can just say that, doesnt matter.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #219
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote the Jackal

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 03:23 PM   #220
MrBug708
Head Coach

I would imagine that being a villan and coming out isn't the worst thing in the world. Dangerous of course, but the villain side would be less likely to vote for you
Old 08-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #221
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i'm just saying i dont see the logic in his argument is all. i mean even if you're a villain isnt it a natural reaction not to reveal you're bad?

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #222
The Jackal
Coordinator

Perhaps good/bad isn't the right way to look at it. I just think it's more than likely the people on me at the end of the day aren't on my team. That's the best thing I have to go off right now.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #223
The Jackal
Coordinator

Chubby.. even though a sunday deadline might work better for a lot of people, if we have any other east coasters there's a possibility there won't be any internet access on Sunday because of the hurricane. Just a heads up.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #224
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Perhaps good/bad isn't the right way to look at it. I just think it's more than likely the people on me at the end of the day aren't on my team. That's the best thing I have to go off right now.

or if they are on your team they dont know it.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #225
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
or if they are on your team they dont know it.

Well like I said, there's really no reason for me to lie about my allegiance.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #226
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Narcizo
Old 08-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #227
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well like I said, there's really no reason for me to lie about my allegiance.

granted, but there seemed to be confusion with folks on numbers per team, which is why I mentioned that possiblity.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #228
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

my choice on Narcizo, is basically as hoops said a dart toss. I like others have said have no knowlegde of who could be on my team or on the opposing team through my intro.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #229
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Hey Chief question re: the Cube if you can share.

When you got it were you given any advice/instructions on it?
What made you decide to use it?
When it left you were you given any instructions? i.e. whom it went to or that you could pass it?

just thinking out loud here trying to get a grip on the cube and what part it plays in this game.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 PM   #230
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote DV
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 05:28 PM   #231
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
no no sorry, I meant on whether the Sub-mariner was a hero or villain. my bad, I shoulda been more clear on my request

Oh, I see.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #232
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby.. even though a sunday deadline might work better for a lot of people, if we have any other east coasters there's a possibility there won't be any internet access on Sunday because of the hurricane. Just a heads up.

No problem. I'm on east coast too, if the storm becomes an issue i'll delay it til monday night. Since the storm could always change course, still plan on a sunday night deadline. I will try to post the delay if it appears certain it's going to cause disruptions
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #233
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

***NEWS ALERT***

Breaking news out of New York City. There appears to be a major battle occuring at Stark Tower as we speak. Eye witnesses have reported that the Red Skull was seen attacking Stark Tower with his Consortium of Evil with what purpose still unknown. Captain America was reportedly seen battling the Red Skull in hand to hand combat as the rest of the Avengers tried to secure the tower.

As more details are learned, we will bring them to you.

-Channel 5's Chet Youbetcha
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 PM   #234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I wonder if that's just flavor, or if we really have the Red Skull and Captain America in this game, and two of us are fighting.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #235
MrBug708
Head Coach

I dont think it's much of a stretch to assume that Captain America is, in fact, in the Marvel WW game
Old 08-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Hey Chief question re: the Cube if you can share.

When you got it were you given any advice/instructions on it?
What made you decide to use it?
When it left you were you given any instructions? i.e. whom it went to or that you could pass it?

just thinking out loud here trying to get a grip on the cube and what part it plays in this game.

Sure, no problem.

The instructions were more or less vague instructions on how it could do most anything within reason for a WW game. When I asked a bunch of questions about it, the response was more or less "you don't know".

I don't think there was ever a moment where I considered not using it. I mean, it's the Cube, and it was giving me carte blanche WW powers.

I was not given any instructions or too many details, other than it completely disappeared. And then I was told about the power I had received (which of course I won't discuss). No idea where it went, except that I don't have it anymore.

I am hoping that's not pushing the boundaries of repeating a PM (sorry, Chubby if it is, I'm just relaying information).

Old 08-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #237
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I dont think it's much of a stretch to assume that Captain America is, in fact, in the Marvel WW game

Yeah, I wasn't really saying he wouldn't be. I was less concerned with identifying his or the Red Skull's presence in the game than I was that they had found a way to engage each other and fight.

It makes me wonder if one of them currently has the Cube, or perhaps once had the Cube, and received some power from it.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:00 PM   #238
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

If you're on the hero side then don't vote for me.

If you're a villain then bring it on!!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #239
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE THE JACKAL

I don't have much to go on, so it's not like I really feel The Jackal is a baddie here. But he misread the rules, and it's still kinda like a Day One, where we have only so little we can go on at this point.

Plus, DV has three votes, and I don't want to see a runaway.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #240
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I had a busy day and now I'm at my brothers rehearsal.

vote dv

I will try checking in before deadline.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #241
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone have a vote count?

Not that I think I'll have any reason for one versus another, but I would prefer to vote for one of the leaders on the chance that voting histories might matter later in the game in some way I have yet to discern.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #242
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm going to go with my gut feeling from earlier in the day on this one, even though CR's info about cube makes it unlikely. I don't have any great feeling about either of the other candidates and I think this makes it closer to a 3 horse race in the absence of a vote count telling me otherwise

vote Narcizo
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:04 PM   #243
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I believe DV is in the lead
Old 08-26-2011, 07:07 PM   #244
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for that Chubby

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 08-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #245
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think that I'll be back, but Darth is as good as anyone I suppose.

VOTE DARTH VILUS
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:13 PM   #246
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

DV - 7
Narcizo - 3
Jackal - 2
Mr Bug - 1
bhlloy - 1

Last edited by Chubby : 08-26-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #247
Danny
Head Coach

It's probably safe to say DV isn't the member of a larger team as everyone seems to be throwing him under the bus.

I'll at least try and make it a race

Vote Narcizo
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #248
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

sorry I haven't been able to post more updated vote totals, terrible two issues tonight. This is from my phone. I should be able to hop on the computer at 9 tho
Old 08-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #249
Autumn
Head Coach

WEll, no reason not to make it interesting, though I'm not sure how interesting it gets if no one knows who's on their team.

unvote the jackal
vote narcizo
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #250
Danny
Head Coach

I agree with Hoops' earlier post though, I feel like we're just taking a crap shoot. Previous voting records tell us nothing and we have no information
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote