Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2016, 08:58 PM   #2601
Edward64
Head Coach

Two regicides (or whatever is the equivalent is for lords) and a zombie Jon Snow. IMO solid episode.

I do think there is 1 or 2 threads too many. The High Sparrow thread should just be done by now. Send in the royal guards and just kill everyone.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:52 PM   #2602
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Liked it much better than the first episode, but I'm still decidedly meh.

I'm wondering if the Balon Greyjoy part was simply to connect the dots for how it happened in the book.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 10:46 PM   #2603
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think they needed to bring in the rest of the Greyjoy arc somehow, this kind of creates the persona.

Wasn't expecting the Bolton arc.

Whose the guy who shows up to Ramsey in the preview? I would have thought Manderly, but he's supposed to be fat, no?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:45 AM   #2604
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

The episode 3 preview has got me AMPED UP! We finally get to see the Tower of Joy!

I'm glad they're using Bran to guide us through the flashbacks.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:43 AM   #2605
Radii
Head Coach

Needs more Tyrion and Varys, and less... of a lot of other things. If we didn't all know exactly what was going to happen with Jon Snow maybe it'd be different. I know they have a ton of things going on all at once, but I really feel like that just needed to be done and over with in the first episode instead of dragging it out, since we all knew what was going to happen anyway.

I am really looking forward to where all of this goes, a little too much of this was either very slow to me, or completely obviously inevitable. Not really worried about any of this, just can't wait for all these pieces to move a bit more.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:48 AM   #2606
Logan
Head Coach

The Greyjoy stuff confused me a lot.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:07 AM   #2607
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It appears they've ramped up the pacing quite a bit this season (so far). The other side to that is that the showrunners feel they've done enough narrative and character development over 5 seasons and don't really feel like they need to do anymore. The Arya plotline is an example of this... that Arya is now blind thing seems like a waste. You get beaten twice and then pass the easiest test ever and then you are in?

Also there does seem to be a criminal waste of Tyrion and Varys in Meereen, because, as far as we know, nothing is really going on in Meereen, aside from burning the ships, so Tyrion and Varys are sitting around doing nothing, when you'd think they'd have to put down an open revolt, right? That'd actually be really interesting.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #2608
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It appears they've ramped up the pacing quite a bit this season (so far). The other side to that is that the showrunners feel they've done enough narrative and character development over 5 seasons and don't really feel like they need to do anymore.

On the other hand, they are now allocating time to flashbacks (new one in the promo as well). I sure hope thatīs leading somewhere important for it to be worth the screen time when there is already so little time for the individual stories.

I do like the format and the "snapshot" nature of the show that allows you/demands of you to connect the dots yourself, but i kinda feel itīs now stretched to the very limit.

I also hope we donīt get treated to captured-and-tortured-Jamie again. Been there, done that.

Quote:

Also there does seem to be a criminal waste of Tyrion and Varys in Meereen, because, as far as we know, nothing is really going on in Meereen, aside from burning the ships, so Tyrion and Varys are sitting around doing nothing, when you'd think they'd have to put down an open revolt, right? That'd actually be really interesting.

you mean the invisible guerilla-style revolt by ? Not sure how they go from here story wise (and the little news flash about the other cities going back to slavery makes it even more weird). I mean, whatīs next for Daenerys ? Do this whole song and dance again ? Or take over the Dothraki after all and lead them to Westeros (against the screams of Varys, who would probably get hysterical at that idea) ? With what ships ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #2609
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
On the other hand, they are now allocating time to flashbacks (new one in the promo as well). I sure hope thatīs leading somewhere important for it to be worth the screen time when there is already so little time for the individual stories.

Well they kind of have to flashback to the Tower of Joy (which they'll show next week) to get at Jon's lineage, mostly because that was all in Ned's head in the 1st book, but never stated out loud in the show.

Quote:
you mean the invisible guerilla-style revolt by ?

Well, I was thinking that after you get the Queen leaving the city and Meereen now lead by people who no one really know, the guerrilla revolt may become more open civil war - with at least some consideration as to how to put the threat down.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #2610
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
The Arya plotline is an example of this... that Arya is now blind thing seems like a waste. You get beaten twice and then pass the easiest test ever and then you are in?

This is pretty standard training material for future bad assery. I think the implication was that she had been beaten more than twice. It tracks relatively closely to the books more or less. I find Arya a perfectly fully developed character at this point. It's now a process of getting her to where she needs to be physically and skillwise, me thinks.

Quote:

After the criminal waste of Tyrion in "Dance", I'll gladly take him and Varys in Meereen. The few scenes last night - Tyrion in the throne room and with the dragons - are already waaaay better than anything, ANYTHING, Tyrion did in Book 6.

As for Varys, again, he's been put to much better use in the show than books 4-5 for reasons that are obvious to those who have read them.

Quote:
I also hope we donīt get treated to captured-and-tortured-Jamie again. Been there, done that.

I don't think that's going to happen.

Quote:

There is a ton of great flashback type scenes in the books. They are told either through dreams, stories, or some other method. They add a lot to history and back story of what happened before the series began and a lot of that is very relevant to things happening now.

Quote:
Well they kind of have to flashback to the Tower of Joy (which they'll show next week) to get at Jon's lineage, mostly because that was all in Ned's head in the 1st book, but never stated out loud in the show.

That could be my single favorite scene in the entire series.

Last night was a great episode. They are really churning through characters this season: Doran Martel, Areo Hotah, Trystane, Roose Bolton, Balon Greyjoy...

We also had not one, but two, characters get slammed and smooshed into walls, almost back-to-back, by very large and strong "peoples".
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #2611
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This is pretty standard training material for future bad assery. I think the implication was that she had been beaten more than twice. It tracks relatively closely to the books more or less. I find Arya a perfectly fully developed character at this point. It's now a process of getting her to where she needs to be physically and skillwise, me thinks.

5 minutes of blind training scenes doesn't "future badassery" make.. especially since she fails hard both times.

Quote:
After the criminal waste of Tyrion in "Dance"

I actually really enjoyed the Aegon storyline aspects, and Tyrion's piecing together who was Griff and Young Griff.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #2612
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
5 minutes of blind training scenes doesn't "future badassery" make.. especially since she fails hard both times.

Have you never seen a character begin his or her journey to badassery? The fall furthers the flight. They always get beat down first. Always. This is 101 level stuff!

Quote:
I actually really enjoyed the Aegon storyline aspects, and Tyrion's piecing together who was Griff and Young Griff.

I don't mind Big Griff, I think he's one of the more interesting characters that's been introduced post-Storm, but the whole Young Griff storyline irritates me to no end. Either he's a distraction and won't amount to much of anything other than wasting our time (see, e.g., the Martel kid), or he will play a major role, which will be annoying since he was introduced into the series so late and there are so many other better, more interesting and cooler characters who should be playing major roles.

It's a lose-lose proposition.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #2613
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you never seen a character begin his or her journey to badassery? The fall furthers the flight. They always get beat down first. Always. This is 101 level stuff!

The beat down usually leads to a new insight that is shown. Some different way of answering a question because the beat down indicated it. I don't think getting beat down and then answering the easiest test possible is that.

Basically, turning her blind and sending her out in the streets did nothing and was a pointless waste of time.

Quote:
I don't mind Big Griff, I think he's one of the more interesting characters that's been introduced post-Storm, but the whole Young Griff storyline irritates me to no end. Either he's a distraction and won't amount to much of anything other than wasting our time (see, e.g., the Martel kid), or he will play a major role, which will be annoying since he was introduced into the series so late and there are so many other better, more interesting and cooler characters who should be playing major roles.

He already has played a major role. Far more major than some of the POV characters we've witnessed...

Spoiler

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-02-2016 at 01:10 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #2614
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Whose the guy who shows up to Ramsey in the preview? I would have thought Manderly, but he's supposed to be fat, no?

I've read that it appears to be someone bearing the Umber sigul. And who has Rickon been hiding with?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #2615
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
I've read that it appears to be someone bearing the Umber sigul. And who has Rickon been hiding with?

I think he is a Karstark. Ramsey mentioned it and it ties in with the "previously on game of thrones..."
Old 05-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #2616
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yes, but the new Lord Karstark was there in the room when Ramsey killed Roose Bolton. I'm not sure what the person in the preview looks like, but I'm wondering if MrBug isn't asking about someone else.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:05 PM   #2617
RainMaker
General Manager

I am dumb but was the dragon scene supposed to imply that Tyrion might be a Targaryen?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #2618
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I am dumb but was the dragon scene supposed to imply that Tyrion might be a Targaryen?

That's how I took it, but I am hopeful that he is, so it could be wishful thinking.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #2619
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I think he is a Karstark. Ramsey mentioned it and it ties in with the "previously on game of thrones..."

He was already in the room when the other guy shows up
Old 05-02-2016, 02:39 PM   #2620
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I take it he's a Lannister, and has plenty of courage. He also has the brains to understand that Daenerys isn't going to lead anything without her dragons.

It's interesting to look at the cast list and how many of the 62 (so far) episodes each character has appeared in. Tyrion is up to 57. Cersei is second with 48.

I guess we have to wait a while to see what, exactly, Jon is right now. Probably juxtaposed with the head-smashing mountain-thing Cersei has adopted.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 02:52 PM   #2621
bhlloy
Coordinator

Is this entire thing going to end up with zombie Mountain vs undead Jon Snow in a coffin match at Wrestlemania?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 03:17 PM   #2622
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Is this entire thing going to end up with zombie Mountain vs undead Jon Snow in a coffin match at Wrestlemania?

I'm all in with this.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:56 PM   #2623
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post

I'm imagining an ending where Daenerys finally arrives in Westeros to find that the White Walkers have overrun the continent. The end.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:00 PM   #2624
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm hoping for another opponent for zombie Mountain; however, I'm with Atocep - Dany finding out that she started for Westeros a bit too late would be a great ending .
Old 05-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #2625
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm imagining an ending where Daenerys finally arrives in Westeros to find that the White Walkers have overrun the continent. The end.

With the camera zooming from above away from here, since sheīs riding in on a dragon. Thatīd actually be a kinda fitting ending ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 05-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #2626
TexasT
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Two regicides (or whatever is the equivalent is for lords) and a zombie Jon Snow. IMO solid episode.

I do think there is 1 or 2 threads too many. The High Sparrow thread should just be done by now. Send in the royal guards and just kill everyone.

+1!
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:18 PM   #2627
Groundhog
Coordinator

Obviously they are building towards something, but felt kind of rushed just killing off two (really, one as far as the show is concerned) 'major' characters so quickly, but hey, we're working our way towards the end.

I preferred the older style of longer individual stories rather than cramming 3-5 minute slices of all of them, though it can't be accused of stretching out the story to make more episodes.

Last edited by Groundhog : 05-02-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #2628
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Obviously they are building towards something, but felt kind of rushed just killing off two (really, one as far as the show is concerned) 'major' characters so quickly, but hey, we're working our way towards the end.

I preferred the older style of longer individual stories rather than cramming 3-5 minute slices of all of them, though it can't be accused of stretching out the story to make more episodes.

Agree with this. Not a book reader but it's becoming apparent that an alignment of leaders is starting to unfold which may be what is needed to fight the white walkers.

Of course Jon Snow was resurrected (with Bran likely used to tell his birth story), Theon appears to be setting up to take over the Ironborn, Arya is about to become badass, Sansa has Brienne, Tyrion has set the dragons free which likely free Danearys and she may eventually be key to the fight, and Jamie might be the fatherly figure to Tomen he always wanted to be (but with a greater sense of honor than before). And Ramsey is just enough of a (well deserved) preliminary speed bump to the greater fight.

I'd say things are shaping up for an interesting conclusion. Where interesting could mean "they all die trying ".
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #2629
Groundhog
Coordinator

I have to say I thought the whole Zombie Snow scene was overly long given character scenes are at a premium, and built zero suspense during all that quiet time because it was (IMO, at least) so obvious he was going to wake up.

I also hoped (and it might still be the case, given the timing of the camera flashing to the dire wolf) that Jon might have escaped death by warg'ing his way into the wolf, and then back again. Melisandre might have healed the body, and then Jon returned from Ghost. That would be more satisfying to me than Melisandre performing the miracle for the first time.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:35 AM   #2630
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am by and large positive and enthusiastic for the direction the show is going in many of these storyline, but there are two inconsistencies in the show that bug me a little right now.

1. Dorne-- okay, I get it, Ellaria Sand and her Snakes are badass and have killed off Doran and his dumbass heir and presumably have taken over for the immediate future. Am.I supposed to believe that the assembled noble houses of Dorne, whose power have largely been unaffected by the wars up north to this point, will just sit idly by while a bastard(ess) consort of Prince Oberon kills their liege lord and runs the realm?

2. The Tyrells-- Mace is on the longest trip to Braavos ever and Margaery and Loras are in the High Septon's cells. So the second richest and most powerful house in the land, led by the resourceful Thorn, does nothing at all while their royal queen and kin sit in a grungy cell in Kings Landing? Shouldn't there be a Tyrell army marching on Kings Landing at the moment, and enormous pressure being applied to King Tommen to go rescue them?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #2631
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am by and large positive and enthusiastic for the direction the show is going in many of these storyline, but there are two inconsistencies in the show that bug me a little right now.

1. Dorne-- okay, I get it, Ellaria Sand and her Snakes are badass and have killed off Doran and his dumbass heir and presumably have taken over for the immediate future. Am.I supposed to believe that the assembled noble houses of Dorne, whose power have largely been unaffected by the wars up north to this point, will just sit idly by while a bastard(ess) consort of Prince Oberon kills their liege lord and runs the realm?

2. The Tyrells-- Mace is on the longest trip to Braavos ever and Margaery and Loras are in the High Septon's cells. So the second richest and most powerful house in the land, led by the resourceful Queen of Thorns, does nothing at all while their royal queen and kin sit in a grungy cell in Kings Landing? Shouldn't there be a Tyrell army marching on Kings Landing at the moment, and enormous pressure being applied to King Tommen to go rescue them?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:52 AM   #2632
Groundhog
Coordinator

I agree with you, but I think both of those points are going to be a huge part of what happens next outside of the North. I expect at least one of those to be the major storyline in the 2nd half of the season, TBH, maybe even the big climax to the season.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #2633
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Dorne has always been a complete mess in the show. I hadn't considered the angle of the other noble houses of Dorne, but that is definitely something that logically wouldn't be tolerated in this world. The other noble houses would probably march to the Gardens to depose the bastards and set up the closest living relative to Doran.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #2634
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Yes, Dorne on the show has been a hot mess. Ellaria and Oberyn in Kings Landing were amazing, but other than that... Dorne has not been a high point.

Doran was the most disappointing. In the book, he's super smart and playing the long game. In the show, he just sort of sat around and then died.

One of the few missteps of an otherwise brilliant show that, unlike so many other book-to-TV or book-to-movie translations, has actually improved on the source material from time to time!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM   #2635
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Can they troll us ANY harder with Lyanna Stark?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #2636
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Hey look some longer character development scenes! I enjoyed that episode... though, c'mon with the Tower of Joy! Cutting just as Ned was going up?
Old 05-08-2016, 11:56 PM   #2637
Atocep
Coordinator

Really good episode that sets up what should be a lot of fun things this season.

Spoiler
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:13 AM   #2638
MrBug708
Head Coach

Going to be a Mexican standoff in the North. Wonder what the Umber's angle will be? Gotta be the Manderly arc morphed into it?
Old 05-09-2016, 07:00 AM   #2639
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Can they troll us ANY harder with Lyanna Stark?

I agree. And it's completely unnecessary as this is HBO....they sell subscriptions not commercials. They don't need to do drag out storytelling like that, especially in a condensed 10 episodes where the material could support 20.

Otherwise, good episode and excited to see the next one. Just a bit peeved at those tactics.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:07 AM   #2640
whomario
Pro Starter

Question: Did they really present a cliffhanger with Jamie in Episode 2 and then completely passed over it in Ep3 ? Or did i misinterpret the scene in Ep 2 ? (you know, the one of him being all surrounded by armed men and getting ready to throw down)

I loved the "Now go fail again" line, Davos has really become a great character and i hope he sticks around for a while and maybe gets some more screentime even.

And Jon Snow ending his watch can only mean heīs going south for a bit, right ?

Last edited by whomario : 05-09-2016 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:49 AM   #2641
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Question: Did they really present a cliffhanger with Jamie in Episode 2 and then completely passed over it in Ep3 ? Or did i misinterpret the scene in Ep 2 ? (you know, the one of him being all surrounded by armed men and getting ready to throw down)

I loved the "Now go fail again" line, Davos has really become a great character and i hope he sticks around for a while and maybe gets some more screentime even.

Yeah, I don't think it was really a standoff as much as a show of force in ep2.

Agree on Davos, too. They took their time, but they finally made my favourite character in the books into one of the best in the show. I thought his stuff really dragged until this year.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:05 AM   #2642
JPhillips
General Manager

"That's not Rickon, you cunt. Rickon is a child and you brought me a teenager."
Old 05-09-2016, 10:06 AM   #2643
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Something tells me Rickon is about to have a lot in common with Theon very shortly.
Ned Doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #2644
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Doolittle View Post
Something tells me Rickon is about to have a lot in common with Theon very shortly.

I really hope not. I get it, Ramsey is a sick fuck who tortures people for fun. Showing more of it at this point feels like torture porn, not storytelling.

Loved this episode, lots of things moving along nicely, no scenes where I just wish they would have moved on. Tyrion and Varys remain the highlights of any episode they're in to me, but it was all quite solid.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #2645
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Doolittle View Post

That whole story gives me the willies. I am scared for Rickon.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #2646
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

LOL. I'm leaning towards an ending where Bran, who can apparently dabble in the past, restores order to the galaxy by offing all the Sith lords before they can do damage, thus making Anakin Skywalker the undeniable leader and protector of all realms. None of the 12 books we read actually happened. Only in that particular time thread, which of course isn't the one we're all on. That is, until Marty McFly jumps in his Delorian. More books to follow. The end.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #2647
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, I'm with the 'that's not Rickon' crowd... but that's mostly because it complicates the ending I have in my own mind. So I'm probably completely wrong.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:05 PM   #2648
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I wish it wasn't Rickon, because I'd hate there to be yet another dead dire wolf, but I'm pretty sure that's Rickon, especially given Osha's presence.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #2649
bhlloy
Coordinator

I lean towards the thought that it's not Rickon. This would be an awesome way for the north not to forget, a real crowd pleaser - and the timing is interesting. If you were going to do something like this, you would probably do it as soon as the elder Bolton was out of the way, who presumably has seen enough and is cautious enough not to fall for a ruse rather than Ramsey, who is inexperienced and impulsive. It's also interesting to me that he wouldn't kneel/swear an oath. Everything screams they are setting up a double cross.

On the other hand, who willingly goes and puts themselves into the hands of Ramsey like that? Even if that's some poor random farm kid instead of Rickon, the wildling girl is presumably in on it, and she could end up dog food in the first 30 seconds of next weeks episode.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #2650
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - my other question, and something I'm prepared to be disappointed with I think, is where the fuck is Jon Snow going? He has no idea where any of the remaining Starks are and he's not going to take back the north against an army by himself.

I fear it's a lazy writing decision to a) introduce some dramatic tension and b) drag out the Benny Hill storyline where the Starks run around in circles all around the land trying to bump into one another for a few more episodes, before we finally get a feel good reunion.

Is he going somewhere that I can't think of right now, rather than just saying a big FU to the watch?