Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alien Prom Night (XCom Interactive, XBox360 )

I just can't get enough of these and I know I peter out in them. But I have a free night this evening and I will have 10 days off straight after this weekend so I wanted to get some time in today / tonight to get this off the ground and then roll into next week to pick up a bunch of steam and just keep this trucking.

As usual, if you want to participate, set up your cloning facilities to maximum production and provide the following:

Name:
Sex:
Preferred Nationality:

XCom Enemy Unknown
Normal Setting
Damage Roulette
New Economy
Not Created Equally
Hidden Potential
HQ is in Europe (Labs and Workshops cost 50% less to build and maintain)

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-07-2015 at 01:25 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #2
Travis
Pro Rookie

Sweet, count me in!

Name: Jace Hunter
Sex: Male
Preferred Nationality: Canadian

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Not many people realize how much money has been dumped into alien defense, no one wants to know. It's all fun and games to them. UFO Sightings, X-Files movies, Alien Anal Probes. It's all fun and games until some upstart big headed squishy thing invades a high school prom.

Who knows what attracted them there, probably the high level of hormones or better yet, that shit music that is played for the kids, the aliens probably thought it was a slaughterhouse and wanted to participate, but when it was all over, we were introduced to extra-terrestrial life in the most brutal and easy to understand form, conquest.

There was no, We come in peace or Close Encounters of a Third Kind scenario played out here, just a lot of innocent teenage life lost with a ton of city damage. Worse yet, this happened all across the globe, the HQ for XCom, the secret multi-government alien fighting organization was immediately mobilized and was the first of man kind to take the battle to the aliens.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Name: David Ginsberg
Preferred Nationality: Israeli
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:30 PM   #5
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's back! It's better than ever!

From those geniuses at CoffeeWorks Inc., comes the new and improved Coffee Warlord Combat Unit! Version 1.0.0 has been shipped to the X-Com facility for immediate combat duty.

Name: Coffee Warlord
Sex: Whichever
Nationality: All
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:45 PM   #6
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Forgotten Justice - Alien Abduction

Our first conflict, and it's near a construction site in Saint Petersburg, Russia. Our goal is to sweep the area and neutralize all hostiles.

Current Squad

Audrey Dubois
Ariana Gasparatto
Jorge Rodriguez
Karima Khoury

Jorge runs to the right and takes cover behind a large construction dumpster, he spots two aliens, our first view of them and man are they ugly. He pulls up and fires, wiping out one of the two aliens there.

Kharima moves to the right and takes cover behind a bobcat. She sees the second alien poke it's head out and takes aim, exploding the large melon leaving green slime and bits and pieces of alien intelligence all over the ground.

Audrey moves to left and takes cover behind some cinder block and wood piles and goes into over watch.

Arianna moves right up the middle taking cover behind a back hoe. She spots two aliens and they scramble, one of them into the sights of Audrey, who takes aim and wounds it. Arianna steps out and drops the wounded alien, that is 3 down now, 1 is out there moving around.

Kharima inches up a bit on the bobcat, making sure to stay behind cover, she catches a glimpse of the alien and fires, peppering the walls around the alien.

Jorge makes a mad dash to set up behind a stack of steel beams providing cover. He managed to draw the aliens fire and is missed. As he gets to the beams he returns fire, missing.

Arianna misses the alien and Audrey moves up under cover and flanks the alien firing and wounding it.

The alien moves to try and flank Audrey and fires at her, missing.

Kharima moves behind the bucket of the back hoe, firing and missing.

Audrey pops out of her cover and lays waste to the alien. This one is dead.

A final sweep of the area and the team gives the all clear.

Aliens Killed: 4
Squad Killed: 0

I like that score.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #7
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We managed to pick up 4 alien corpses and 8 weapon fragments from the attack.

When we arrive back at HQ I order Dr. Vahlen to start researching Weapon Fragments.

I then head over to engineering, I order a med kit built and a new satellite. I also recognize that there is a need for more space and a power generator. I order excavation and construction immediately.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Jerome Simpson
Nationality: Preferably French, but I'll take anything
Combat Tactics: Preemptive Surrender

Glad to see this! I'm planning another more involved one but waiting until the canon date(March 1, 2015) to launch. Kill the alien bastards!!
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Our squad that will be going out on missions so far:

Rank Name Nationality Class HP WILL DEF AIM Missions Kills
SQ Audrey Dubois France Support 6 49 0 80 1 1
SQ Jorge Rodriguez Brazil Sniper 5 45 0 69 1 1
SQ Arianna Gasparatto Italy Heavy 6 41 0 66 1 1
SQ Karima Khoury Egypt Assault 5 24 0 60 1 1
RK Coffee Warlord South Africa
5 32 0 70 0 0
RK David Ginsberg Israel
5 36 0 70 0 0
RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0
RK Jerome Simpson Netherlands
5 56 0 70 0 0
Old 01-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Hidden Mist

We get an alert and have 3 sites to choose to help with:
  • Ottawa, Canada (4 Scientists)
  • Shanghai, China ($200)
  • Mendoza, Argentina (4 Engineers)
While the money is nice, I send the team to Canada, I like the fact we can get more scientists and speed up the research process.
Our team going this trip:
Coffee Warlord
David Ginsberg
Jace Hunter (Med Kit)
Jerome Simpson
This operation drops us next to a truck stop and diner in Canada. We are to sweep the area, identify threats and eliminate all hostiles.
Jace takes of, climbing inside the back of an open truck to get high ground and immediately spots 4 aliens and they all scatter
David moves behind the right rear side of a rtruck hiding behind some pallets and Jerome follows suit hiding behind the left side.

Coffee moves and hides behind a forklift. He fires and misses. David fires wide. Jerome and Jace both go into overwatch.

The aliens move and a couple do this mind meld. Another alien moves and hits Jace, then a second one moves up and flanks Jace ripping him right in the throat and dropping him. Jace is dead. Coffee Warlord panics and fires at Jerome missing.
David runs and dives in an open trailer and alien is hiding on the other side. He hits David, but David suffers through the pain and rips the aliens head apart at blank range. Jerome moves up and takes cover behind crates and lobs a grenade over the trailer and at an alien providing protection for David killing two aliens.
The last alien drops back and fires art Coffee missing.
Jerome fires at the alien and misses. Coffee moves up behind the trailer and fires at the alien wounding him. The alien then moves over to the truck that Jerome is by, firing at him and missing.

David runs from behind and plants the barrel of his gun right into the base of the aliens head and squeezes the trigger, the head explodes like a melon.

That is it, but it's a rough mission as we lost one.
Squad Killed: 1
Old 01-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #11
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Both Jerome and David promote and become snipers.

With the 4 new scientists we are able to build a lab.

I also order a Satellite launched over Russia as they will pay us $140 a month. My next satellite I will want to launch over Argentina as we are close to losing them.

Our Squad now:
RK Coffee Warlord South Africa
5 32 0 70 0 0
SQ David Ginsberg Israel Sniper 5 41 0 77 1 2
SQ Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 6 62 0 78 1 1

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0
Old 01-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
BYU 14
Coordinator

You know I'm in

Name: Ace Idol
Preferred Nationality: United Kingdom
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Weapon Fragments research is complete and we can now build a SCOPE, however our funds are depleted as I ordered a lab built.

The satellite is now launched over Russia.

We have also started and finished xeno biology research. Dr. Vahlen wants us to capture an alien. That means we have to research a stun gun and a holding facility. Right now, this isn't in the cards.

We are now researching their materials.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:11 PM   #14
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Benton Gale
Male
UK somewhere
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:24 PM   #15
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Name: Deacon Palmieri
Nationality: Italian

Last edited by ntndeacon : 01-07-2015 at 03:24 PM.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #16
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Hidden Prophet

UFO Contact above Germany! We scramble the interceptors and it gets into a shoot out with the UFO but manages to take some damage and drop the UFO. We immediately scramble a team to the crash site.
  • SQ. Jerome Simpson (Sniper)
  • SQ. David Ginsberg (Sniper)
  • RK. Coffee Warlord (Med Kit)
  • RK, Ace Idol
The UFO managed to crash in a sparsely populated area near one of the German borders. We are to locate the UFO, sweep the area and eliminate all hostiles and oh, we are not supposed to scratch daddy's new toy.
Jerome moves to the left flank while David moves to the right, both Ace and Coffee move up the middle between them. The goal is to get the snipers to high ground and cover the other two.
We continue to move up and Ace spots the wreck and two aliens coming out of it. He was running so he just slides into cover. David moves up with his pistol and takes some decent cover and shoots at an alien, hitting it.

Coffee moves up taking cover behind the log, he sees and hears the wounded alien and pops up, dropping it. Scratch one alien. Jerome runs up.

The one aliens bellows out a loud noise. Two more aliens come running to help, they are on the right side where Ace and David are. The alien then fires at Coffee trying to avenge it's partner, and misses.

David tries for a headshot at the one he has flanked and misses.

Jerome fires at the alien and wounds him, Coffee follows up missing as does Ace.
One of the aliens on the right moves up and shoots at David, missing. The other fires at Coffee again and misses.
David fires at the one trying to flank and misses Ace pops up and hits the alien, wounding it severely but not killing it.

Jerome pops out and hits the one he wounded in the head, thats another dead alien.

Coffee moves up and takes cover and over watch.
The alien that was wounded moves up and shoots David. It was a critical hit, but not to severe.
Ace misses the alien. Coffee moves to the right to flank the one alien but spots another one inside the UFO door, and this one appears to be made of pure energy. Coffee decides to back out of the attack and takes cover.

David fires and misses while Jerome goes into overwatch.

The alien that was trying to flank moves and shoots at David missing. The energy alien moves and shoots at Coffee, missing.

Ace pops up and takes the alien out, finally!
David moves up, takes cover and overwatch with the pistol. Coffee shoots at the energy alien and misses. Jerome moves up and takes cover.
Coffee moves up and shoots, missing. Jerome pops out of his cover, takes careful aim at the energy aliens head and squeezes the trigger. No brains to splat, but the energy dissipates and the gun drops to the ground with a resounding thud.
Jerome moves up close to the UFO and an alien pops out of hiding and shoots, hitting Jerome but just lightly wounding him.
Ace moves up and wounds the alien. The alien launches a barrage at Jerome, barely missing. Jerome yells loudly, something along the lines of "Die, Mother Snucker, Die!" and fires off a shot, landing it square in the aliens chest, dropping him like a rock.

Coffee who was next to Jerome is laughing as he questions Jerome on the battle cry..Jerome looks at him and said, "I bit my tongue as I was yelling, or it would have been the real word.."

We managed to take out the aliens and capture an intact UFO.
Aliens Killed: 5
A couple of wounds that will take a few days to heal,.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:34 PM   #17
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The UFO nets us the following:
  • Beam Weapon Research
  • Alien Nav Computer Research
  • 4 Sectoid Corpses
  • 11 Elerium
  • 38 Alien Alloys
  • 10 Weapon Fragments
  • UFO Flight Computer
  • UFO Flight Computer (Damaged)
  • UFO Power Source (Damaged)
Old 01-07-2015, 03:47 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We now have the ability to make a nano vest. I was able to sell off the two damaged components and get enough money rounded up to order 2 SCOPEs built and a nano vest.

We also picked up a few recruits, our team looks like this now:
SQ Coffee Warlord South Africa Heavy 6 37 0 72 2 1
SQ David Ginsberg Israel Sniper 5 41 0 77 2 2
SQ Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 6 62 0 78 2 4
SQ Ace Idol UK Assault 5 40 0 74 1 1
RK Benton Gale UK
5 46 0 65 0 0
RK Deacon Palmieri Italy
5 20 0 75 0 0

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0
Old 01-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #19
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We have finished the Satellite and it is ready to go to space, but before we launch I need to build a lift and excavate under our other Satellite uplink.

The Arc Thrower research is complete and we can build one, but before we do, we need to build a holding tank.

Finally, we start the research on Carapace Armor.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #20
Travis
Pro Rookie

Trey Hunter would like to enlist to avenge his brother and hopefully last more than one mission.

Sweet mercy that was a quick death.
Old 01-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #21
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Trey Hunter would like to enlist to avenge his brother and hopefully last more than one mission.

Sweet mercy that was a quick death.

Welcome to the world of Xcom! LOL...

I will get Trey added to the roster tonight.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:03 AM   #22
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Vengeful Gift

We are called in for a Council Mission. We are to extract a UN official from the middle of an alien attack in Brazil. If we do this we pick up $253, reduce panic in the area and a new recruit. A Sniper with the rank of Sergeant.

I couldn't agree fast enough and call up the following team for the assault:
  • RK Benton Gale (Med Kit)
  • SQ David Ginsberg (Sniper)
  • SQ Coffee Warlord (Heavy)
  • SQ Ace Idol (Assault)
We are to locate the VIP, protect him at all costs and extract.
We land on the edge of a burning highway bridge.
David and Gale to the left with Coffee and Ace to the right and they move up and around cars.
David moves up and catches glimpse of an alien that looks a lot like a man. He switches to his pistol and rattles off some shots, wounding the alien.

Ace pops out from behind his cover and shreds the alien, that's one down.

David moves up and spots another alien that runs and hides. Coffee moves up and just rips the alien apart with his machine gun.

Benton and Ace move up.

Ace moves up to he VIP and spots two aliens on the other side of the blast.

The VIP moves back by Coffee and the rest of the team takes an overwatch spot just as they hear of incoming aliens. One of the men like is transported down right next to the group. David was prepared and planted a shot square in it's chest, dropping it.

Ace sets up to cover the rear with Benton providing him cover. Coffee and David move back with the VIP.

One of the aliens across the blast tries to move and Ace drops him with a precision shot. Another man like alien drops down in front of David. David drops him with a headshot.

Ace and Benton both set up with positions for overwatch to cover the last alien in the back.
The alien decides to try and make a break for it and Benton takes him out.
The VIP makes a mad dash to the extraction site with Coffee and we get him out of there.

A nice smooth mission.

Aliens Killed: 6
3 Sectoid Corpse
3 Thin Man Corpse
12 Weapon Fragments
Old 01-08-2015, 12:06 AM   #23
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Coffee, David and Ace were all promoted to Corporals and Benton was promoted to Squaddie, Assault.

The new Sergeant provides the ability for an extra man to go out on missions.

CPL Coffee Warlord South Africa Heavy 7 41 0 72 3 3
CPL David Ginsberg Israel Sniper 6 46 0 82 3 3
SQ Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 6 62 0 78 2 4
CPL Ace Idol UK Assault 6 46 0 79 2 3
SQ Benton Gale UK Assault 6 49 0 68 1 1
RK Deacon Palmieri Italy
5 20 0 75 0 0
SGT Trey Hunter Canada Sniper 6 52 0 72 0 0

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-08-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:45 AM   #24
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That's strange, I usually die quickly. A sniper and #1 in kills so far? I'm sure it's just setting me up for a particularly horrendous demise.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #25
chesapeake
College Starter

It has been far too long since I have been shot in the back by a panicking CW. How I missed those times!

Name: Ches O'Peake
Sex/Nationality: Don't really care
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #26
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am out of town for work until Monday...game will resume then.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #27
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alright, Back home and I have 10 days off. Let's see how much mayhem we can cause!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:35 AM   #28
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Lone Justice

We are notified of alien abductions taking place in India, Russia and the US. Russia is willing to pay us $, which is nice but we want the engineers the US is offering us so we send out a squad to Seatle.

Squad Deployed:
  • RK Deacon Palmieri (Med Kit)
  • SQ Jerome Simpson (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • CPL Ace Idol (Assault, Nano Vest)
  • CPL Coffee Warlord (Heavy)
  • CPL David Ginsberg (Sniper, SCOPE)
Our mission is to sweep the area and eliminate all hostiles from the face of this planet.

We land just outside a road construction site.
Coffee and Jerome go to the left side of the area, Deacon moves to the right and manages to spot 2 aliens that flee.

Ace sprints to the right and tucks behind one of the alien pods. He notices an alien a ways out and pops out, dropping it in the head.

Ginsberg moves up the middle and hides behind a back hoe going into overwatch.

Two aliens move into view on the left side. Both Ginsberg and Coffee open up out of their overwatch and miss. The aliens try to hide behind some cars.

Ginberg takes aim, he takes his time and gets the aliens head inside his cross sights and lets it rip. The result looked like a melon exploding..
Coffee moves to the left behind a car and goes into overwatch. Jerome moves up a little, kind of in the middle and goes into overwatch with his pistol. Deacon moves to the right and sets up behind a semi trailer. He looks across the way and spots an alien hiding behind a car. He sends a shot and it pelts through the car and wounds the alien.

Ace moves into the middle behind some barrels and finishes off the alien.

Jerome moves up and hides behind a car and a retaining wall. He moves into the sight path of an alien to the right of him, the alien fires and misses, but his shots destroy Aces cover. Jerome returns fire with his pistol and wounds the alien.

Deacon climbs up the ladder of the trailer and runs and jumps down on the top of the cab. He is directly above the alien and lets it rip....and he misses! I think he might have sneezed when he fired the shot (HE HAD A 99% CHANCE TO HIT, HE DESERVES IT IF HE DIES)
Ace moves up and fires at the alien and wounds it. This alien has 2 holes in him.

Ginsberg moves up and fires at the alien and misses. Coffee runs down the left and sets up.

The alien looks up at Palmieri and fires at him, grazing him in the arm.

Coffee rattles of his LMG and shreds the alien, I almost felt bad for him.
Nice and Smooth, except for Palmieris cluster and getting wounded.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #29
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Jerome Simpson earns promotion to Corporal. We collect 4 Sectoid Corpses and 8 weapon fragments. We also have the ability to build a workshop and I order one built ASAP.

The Squad also picks up a new recruit and we look like this now.

SGT Trey Hunter Canada Sniper 6 52 0 72 0 0
CPL Coffee Warlord South Africa Heavy 7 41 0 72 4 4
CPL David Ginsberg Israel Sniper 6 46 0 82 4 4
CPL Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 7 67 0 84 3 4
CPL Ace Idol UK Assault 6 46 0 79 3 5
SQ Benton Gale UK Assault 6 49 0 68 1 1
RK Deacon Palmieri Italy
5 20 0 75 1 0
RK Ches O'Peake Japan
5 32 0 50 0 0

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-16-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:49 AM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The access lift to the second floor is complete and I order immediate excavation to the left and right of it. That will allow the build of another Satellite uplink and another lab.

I prepare for the monthly council report:

The council informs me that our results were beyond expectations and to be honest, it shocked them. We received an A grade for our work.

$425 and 3 new scientists were sent to us.

The panic levels in the world are as Follows:
  • US - 1
  • Canada - 1
  • Mexico - 1
  • Argentina - 3
  • Brazil - 1
  • UK - 2
  • Russia - 2
  • France - 2
  • Germany - 1
  • China - 4
  • Japan - 3
  • India - 4
  • Australia 3
  • Egypt - 1
  • South Africa - 1
  • Nigeria - 1
We are also close to having Carapace Armor research complete.

Looking at the panic levels we have to get into an Asian country to save people and lower the panic or we will lose them from the council.
Old 01-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #31
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I order an interceptor for Asia and another for South America. Our Carapace armor is complete. We need more alloys and a few more engineers before we can build some.

I immediately order the research team to focus on beam weapons. When that is complete I will focus on the autopsies for the Sectoid and the Thin Man.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #32
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The satellite sensors over Russia go off and we pull up a view of a larger UFO. I scramble an interceptor to take on the UFO.

It is almost twice the size as the last UFO and tears up the interceptor, but the pilot is a pro and he is able to get a second UFO stamp on his interceptor, if they can save what's left of it.

We scramble a team to capture the UFO and take down some alien scumbags.

The Squad:
  • SGT Trey Hunter (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • CPL Coffee Warlord (Heavy)
  • CPL Ace Idol (Assault, Nano Vest)
  • RK Deacon Palmieri (Med Kit)
  • RK Ches O'Peake
Deacon and Trey move to the right, where the high ground is to benefit Trey. Coffee moves up the middle while Ace and Ches go to the left.
The team finally moves into sight of the UFO, as they are setting up to overwatch, 3 aliens that are flying come ripping out of the UFO and to the left towards Ches. Ace misses from his overwatch.

Ches tosses a grenade at two that are together and it explodes, shredding both of them, but they are still alive and floating.
Ace rips a shot off and hits one in the body, where the machine like part is. It explodes and down goes the alien.

Trey, Coffee and Deacon run to the left to try and help out Ches and Ace.
Two thin men appear to the edge of the right, and are trying to flank Deacon. One of the flying aliens takes off way up in the air and then lands right behind Deacon.

Trey lines up one alien from a ways out and drops it with a headshot.
Coffee moves to the right and tries to cover Deacon, firing at the alien and misses. Deacon wips around and rips the alien apart as it dodges Coffees shots.
Everyone shifts to the right now. Deacon moves up and spots a Thin Man. He fires and wounds it. Trey fires from a distance at the thin man and misses.
The thin man tries to move and Ace pops out of overwatch and drops him.

Deacon moves to the right and spots three sectoids. The scramble, but he is exposed to them.
One of them mind melds with the other. The melding alien moves forward and fires at Coffee but takes out Deacons cover.
Ace moves to the right, running and pulls a Thin Man out of cover as it fires at him missing. Ace sends a barrage of bullets at the melded sectoid and takes it down.

Deacon moves up into cover and is fired at by another sectoid that is in cover. He is hit, and is in rough shape. Good thing he has the med kit. Deacon steps out from behind the cover and drops the thin man.

Coffee moves up and misses.
The mind meld happens again, this time the melded alien moves up and takes a shot at Coffee and the shot tears into his shoulder. Coffee is wounded.
Coffee returns fire missing as does Deacon. Trey takes a long shot at the alien and wounds it. Ches moves up and finishes it off while Ace reloads.
Deacon moves up to find the other sectoid and it pops out of cover firing at him and missing. Deacon gets to partial cover and returns fire missing.

Coffee moves up and is exposed but tries to take down the alien and misses.

Jerome reloads while Ches and Ace move to get a shot.

The sectoid fires at Coffee and shreds his left leg. Coffee is bleeding badly, but still standing.

Trey is a bit a way from the alien but is able to spot him through the scope. He lines the aliens head up and boom...no more alien head.

Deacon gets a little selfish and heals himself instead of Coffee..not cool (I thought I selected Coffee, this one is my bad).
The team sweeps the outside and makes sure all the aliens are gone and then proceeds to move into the UFO.
Trey moves into the ship a bit further and has contact with the energy alien and drops back as the alien moves up to him.

Ace sneaks in the back door and catches the alien by surprise as he drills three holes right in it's back.

Final sweep through the UFO indicates all alien presence is gone.

This mission was scary as I thought we would lose Coffee and Deacon in this one. We didn't and it ends perfect.
Aliens Killed: 9
Old 01-16-2015, 12:42 PM   #33
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Black Crown After Action Report.

Warlord and Ace are promoted to Sergeant. Ches is promoted to Squaddie and is assigned the Heavy specialty while Deacon is promoted and you guessed it, given the role of Support Specialist.

We also recovered the following:
  • 3 Sectoid Corpses
  • 3 Floater Corpses
  • 2 Thin Men Corpses
  • 34 Elerium
  • 64 Alien Alloys
  • 18 Weapon Fragments
  • 2 UFO Flight Computers
  • UFO Power Source
  • 2 UFO Flight Computers (Damaged)
  • UFO Power Source (Damaged)
We have a new alien we can autopsy plus study their power source.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:13 PM   #34
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Seems to be going very well so far! Maybe this will be a longer adventure than you thought ...
Old 01-16-2015, 01:15 PM   #35
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Seems to be going very well so far! Maybe this will be a longer adventure than you thought ...

Yeah, it almost ended..very badly last mission. I was thinking Coffee is selected and lets heal him (He was down to 2 life)

But so far so good!
Old 01-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

I still need to get this for my i-Pad Mini or my PS3.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #37
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Rotting Priest

We don't even have a chance to rest. The minute we touchdown from the UFO mission we are alerted to three possible abduction areas. Canada, Japan and France.

Well, I am forced to send us to Japan and rumor has it, there are some of the flyers there.

I round up the following team:
  • SQ. Benton Gale (Assault, Shotgun, MedKit)
  • SQ. Ches O'Peake (Heavy)
  • CPL Jerome Simpson (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • SGT Ace "Rascal" Idol (Assault, Rifle, NANO Vest)
  • SGT Trey "Long Shot" Hunter (Sniper, SCOPE)
We are heading to Tokyo, Japan for this mission. We are touching down just outside a cemetery. Our mission is to eliminate enemy hostiles.

We are going to take this one nice and slow as we were told by the local authorities this place is rife with hostiles.

Jerome moves up in the middle and hunkers down behind a wall. Ches is with him and spots two Thin Men. They scramble. Ches fires at one taking out a statue in the cemetery.

Ace, Jerome and Gale move to the left where one of the thin men went.

One of the alien moves and spits a nasty ass loogie that lands on the wall next to Trey and it explodes a spore cloud of Poison. Trey and Ches are both affected.

Trey hangs in there and fires a shot missing. Ches moves to the right and gets out of the poison cloud. He fires off a stream of hot lead into the Thin Man and watches him disintegrate.
Jerome moves up and takes shelter by a low wall and uses it to steady his rifle. He snaps off a shot and drops the thin man right in the chest.

Ace moves up the stair well and spots 2 floaters on top of a building. He sends a stream of bullets and drops one. Gale moves up and takes overwatch.
The lone floater calls in 2 more and they come in on Ches and Treys side.

Trey lines up and drops one of the floaters. Ches goes into overwatch. Jerome climbs the wall and takes cover behind a headstone. He spots 2 Sectoids that take off. He then aims and fires at one of the floaters and misses.

Ace and Benton stay put, their is a poison cloud from the dead thin man in their way.

The floater disappears and the two sectoids move up.

Trey lines one of the sectoids up and drops it from a distance. Jerome drops the other sectoid.

Ace runs up and takes cover next to the building and Benton moves into the spot vacated by Ace.

A floater comes into Benton's line of sight. He fires and misses the floater.

Jerome takes aim at the floater and injures it. Benton and Ace both move into better spots with cover. Ches moves up behind a statue and fires at a second floater he spots, he misses. Trey goes on over watch.
One floater moves and fires at Ches and shreds him apart. Ches drops, he is bleeding profusely and screaming for a medic. The wounded floater moves into the way of Trey and is dropped.

Ace kicks the door into the building and burst out another and hides behind a statue. He wounds the alien.

The alien moves up and takes cover.

Jerome takes aim and wounds the alien as well. Ace then leans around, takes aim and finishes this one off.

Ches is critically wounded but the team is able to get him back to the Skyranger before he bleeds out.

Mission is complete.

Aliens Killed: 8
Old 01-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #38
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Rotting Priest After Action Report

Trey and Ace have been promoted to Lieutenant.

Ches is gravely wounded and will be out for 2 weeks.

We recover:
  • 2 Sectoids
  • 4 Floaters
  • 2 Thin Men
  • 16 Weapon Fragments
Old 01-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #39
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We get a few days rest and in that time our workshop is complete. With the influx of cash I order 5 Carapace armors made but the biggest comes in facilities. I also order another Satellite AND an Arc Thrower. We will need to build the containment, but we are ready to capture an alien I think.

I order a Satellite Uplink and laboratory to be built. Also, two more sections to be excavated on the second floor.

Egypt has requested 9 alien alloys and are willing to pay $125 for them. I only have 8 though.

Beam weapon research is complete. I order the autopsies now.

The excavation sites are done. I order a new power generator to be built. Its directly under our other and we daisy chain them to get some extra oompf.

The lab is complete and linked up with the one directly above it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 01-16-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #40
Kodos
Resident Alien

Name: Kodos N. Kang
Sex: Either
Preferred Nationality: Rigelian (or whatever)
Old 01-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #41
Travis
Pro Rookie

Holy smokes those last two missions have been intense. Glad Trey has made it through a few missions and has been useful even.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #42
MacroGuru
Coordinator

With the new recruit, our team is looking pretty tough.

LT. Trey "Long Shot" Hunter Canada Sniper 7 57 0 78 2 5
LT. Ace "Rascal" Idol UK Assault 7 53 0 86 5 11
SGT. Coffee "Disco" Warlord South Africa Heavy 8 48 0 74 5 4
CPL David Ginsberg Israel Sniper 6 46 0 82 4 4
CPL Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 7 67 0 84 4 6
SQ Benton Gale UK Assault 6 49 0 68 2 1
SQ Deacon Palmieri Italy Support 6 23 0 78 2 2
SQ Ches O'Peake Japan Heavy 6 21 0 51 2 2
RK Kodos N. Kang Chinese
5 50 0 70 0 0

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0
Old 01-16-2015, 02:14 PM   #43
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Holy smokes those last two missions have been intense. Glad Trey has made it through a few missions and has been useful even.

I love the squad sight ability for Trey. He can basically shoot across the map and it is fairly accurate, and if I can get him to high ground, he is even more deadly.

But yeah, I was preparing myself to lose a couple last mission and that ended up a blessing that we didn't lose Ches, but we were close. I don't think Benton would have been able to get to him fast enough.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #44
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Devils Daze

A UFO has landed in Germany! It is a small scout type UFO like the first one we captured.

I scramble the following team
  • LT. Trey "Long Shot" Hunter (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • SGT. Coffee "Disco" Warlord (Heavy)
  • CPL. David Ginsberg (Sniper, SCOPE)
  • SQ. Deacon Palmieri (Support, Medkit)
  • SQ. Benton Gale (Assault, Shotgun, Nano Vest)
I have issued all 5 the new Carapace Armor.
We are landing in the woods of Germany, near the border. We are to locate and neutralize all enemy forces and gain entry and capture the UFO. I was hoping I would have had the containment facility done before our next mission, but that isn't an option.
Deacon moves to the far left and spots 3 Sectoids right off the bat. They scramble.
Benton moves up, dashing into cover and goes into overwatch. David moves up to partial cover, takes aim and fires, missing.

Trey doesn't move, is wide out in the open and takes aim at one of the sectoids and lines its head up in the cross hairs and poof, dead alien.

Coffee moves up, takes cover and fires missing.

The line sectoid hits Benton.

Trey sends a shot to the sectoid, wounding it and Coffee finishes him off. Deacon moves into cover and spots the last of the three sectoids. He fires, missing.

Benton moves to get a better line of sight. He pops out and the sectoid shoots at him, missing but taking out Coffees cover.

More sectoids come into view and Coffee opens up on them, exploding one as it took almost all the burst from the machine gun.

One sectoid shoots at Deacon, missing, but taking out the tree he was hiding behind.
Ginsberg moves up and takes cover, he fires and misses. Trey moves to higher ground.

Deacon pops smoke to cover Benton and Ginsberg.

Benton moves and drops right behind an alien, blasting it at point blank with his shotgun, what a mess.

Trey takes another sectoid out from long distance. David misses a shot at the other sectoid. Deacon moves cover and fires, missing.

Trey lines up the last Sectoid and drops him.
Benton moves up and goes into overwatch, Coffee moves up and catches 3 more Sectoids and they scramble into a spot he isn't covered. He drops back to his last cover.

The aliens move and meld. Benton tries to take one out and he misses. They fire and hit Benton, If he wasn't in his Carapace, he would be dead.
Benton sprints to Deacon.

Deacon hits Benton with a medkit.
Coffee sends a shredder rocket at the two sectoids and takes them both out.

Deacon and Benton move up next to the UFO and take cover. Ginsberg moves up and spot an alien through an open doorway. He fires and misses. Coffee and Trey move up, Coffee spots an energy alien.

The aliens move and both shoot at Coffee, the sectoid misses but the energy being hits.

Benton runs and takes a shot from behind, hitting the energy alien in the back and wounding it. Coffee moves up to the doorway using the wall of the UFO for cover and takes out the sectoid. Ginsberg reloads.

Deacon moves up and takes out the energy alien.

A final sweep of the area and the craft lets us know that we have wiped them out.

Another great mission.

Aliens Killed: 10
Old 01-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #45
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Operation Devil's Daze After Action Report

Coffee was promoted to LT. David was promoted to Sgt. Deacon and Benton were promoted to CPL.

We collect the following:
  • 9 Sectoids
  • 25 Elerium
  • 60 Alien Alloys
  • 16 Weapon Fragments
  • 2 UFO Flight Computers
  • UFO Power Source
Old 01-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #46
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The Team

LT. Trey "Long Shot" Hunter Canada Sniper 7 57 0 78 3 8
LT. Ace "Rascal" Idol UK Assault 7 53 0 86 5 11
LT. Coffee "Disco" Warlord South Africa Heavy 9 51 0 75 6 9
SGT. David "Spider" Ginsberg Israel Sniper 6 48 0 89 5 4
CPL. Jerome Simpson Netherlands Sniper 7 67 0 84 4 6
CPL. Benton Gale UK Assault 7 56 0 69 3 2
CPL. Deacon Palmieri Italy Support 6 30 0 81 3 3
SQ Ches O'Peake Japan Heavy 6 21 0 51 2 2
RK Kodos N. Kang Chinese
5 50 0 70 0 0

KIA

RK Jace Hunter Canada
5 42 0 65 0 0
Old 01-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #47
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Wow, I now have the best aim and yet I couldn't hit anything last mission, go figure.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #48
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I need to pick up the pace. To heck with this 'wounding the alien' crap, I need to get some more kills next time out.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:40 AM   #49
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So when the Second Satellite uplink is complete I launch our spare satellite above Argentina.

We complete our Beam weapon research and I immediately order up 2 laser rifles and 5 laser pistols.

I order another Satellite to be built and begin excavating more on the second level.

After completing the autopsies we find out unique ways to make our Interceptors better with targeting uplink and a dodge matrix. I order them built.

Finishing up research on Experimental Warfare we figure out a new weapon for our Interceptors, the Phoenix cannon and then with the extra knowledge we can create a foundry.

The next research point is on Alien Navigation.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:42 PM   #50
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Must have moar!