Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #3101
PilotMan
Head Coach

The line is going to be..."see, trump didn't pardon him! So that's a great thing isn't it? It proves that everything he did was on the up and up! What are you complaining about?"

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #3102
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 01:52 PM   #3103
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Pilotman, there is no way they will ever admit Gaetz did anything wrong. He will be the victim. Mark it.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:37 PM   #3104
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Voter Fraud!

A Delaware County man admitted he cast an illegal ballot for Trump and gets sentenced to probation
Old 04-30-2021, 02:40 PM   #3105
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
“I was isolated last year in lockdown,” Bartman said. “I listened to too much propaganda and made a stupid mistake.”

Bartman’s attorney, Samuel Stretton, echoed that statement in court, saying his behavior was “a very misguided political mistake, and very stupid.”

No pictures on the site but I can guess what he looks like. I'd be very curious to see how the lawyer got paid for.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-30-2021 at 02:40 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:44 PM   #3106
RainMaker
General Manager

Probation.

Texas upholds sentence for woman who didn’t know she was ineligible to vote | Texas | The Guardian
Old 05-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #3107
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-03-2021, 11:32 AM   #3108
BYU 14
Coordinator

Over 4 months after the fact SMH, this should have been done by January
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:21 PM   #3109
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oregon Lawmaker Who Opened State Capitol To Far-Right Protesters Faces Charges : NPR

Two misdemeanors? You know, if the DoJ is bored these days and has a moment to look at this case...

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-03-2021 at 12:21 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:21 PM   #3110
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wow. WTF
Old 05-03-2021, 01:21 PM   #3111
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Oregon Lawmaker Who Opened State Capitol To Far-Right Protesters Faces Charges : NPR

Two misdemeanors? You know, if the DoJ is bored these days and has a moment to look at this case...

SI

Didn't see this part, holy shit, that is pathetic, a slap on the wrist
Old 05-05-2021, 08:28 AM   #3112
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-ne...-21/index.html
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:10 PM   #3113
JPhillips
General Manager

Remember that op-ed from 10 former Sec Defs? The New Yorker is reporting that Liz Cheney was the one that organized it.

I hate having to root for a Cheney.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:17 PM   #3114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

She's a god damn hero, regardless of her political beliefs or family history.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:22 PM   #3115
JPhillips
General Manager

I wouldn't go that far. SHe's going to lose, in large part because she hasn't tried to organize a public campaign against the GOP establishment. She's been stalwart in her beliefs, but it will take more than that to ward off the authoritarians.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:47 PM   #3116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think anyone willing to stand up for the truth in the face of such blatant lies, knowing what is going to happen to her is nothing short of heroic.

Not sure what public campaign she could have organized. The GOP is a full on cult of personality at this point beholden to one man. It would be like pissing into the wind. I admire her for not compromising her principals for the sake of reelection unlike several of her colleagues who most assuredly know the big lie is just that.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #3117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lindsey Graham: GOP can't 'move forward without President Trump' | TheHill

Quote:
“I would just say to my Republican colleagues, can we move forward without President Trump? The answer is no,” Graham said.

“I’ve always liked Liz Cheney, but she’s made a determination that the Republican Party can’t grow with President Trump. I’ve determined we can’t grow without him.”

Twice lost the popular vote, lost the house, lost the senate.....can't grow without him.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:55 AM   #3118
spleen1015
Coordinator

Growing doesn't equal winning.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:02 AM   #3119
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think anyone willing to stand up for the truth in the face of such blatant lies, knowing what is going to happen to her is nothing short of heroic.

Not sure what public campaign she could have organized. The GOP is a full on cult of personality at this point beholden to one man. It would be like pissing into the wind. I admire her for not compromising her principals for the sake of reelection unlike several of her colleagues who most assuredly know the big lie is just that.

Worst case outcome for her is a multi-million dollar executive job somewhere. It's admirable that she actually believes what she claims to believe, especially compared to the rest of the GOP, but I want more from my heroes.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:23 PM   #3120
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Worst case outcome for her is a multi-million dollar executive job somewhere. It's admirable that she actually believes what she claims to believe, especially compared to the rest of the GOP, but I want more from my heroes.
She is no hero, but I respect people more when they are at least consistent with their ideology. Even when I totally disagree with them.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:55 AM   #3121
Galaril
Pro Starter

I wonder if Cheney decides to run as an independent for President in 2024? That would completely F the Republicans and would not shock me at all.

Last edited by Galaril : 05-12-2021 at 06:56 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:49 AM   #3122
JPhillips
General Manager

3rd party might hurt Dems more than the GOP if it draws suburban professionals.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:44 AM   #3123
BYU 14
Coordinator

So Cheney is remover from her position, no surprise and just confirms more than ever that there is no room for sanity or reason in the republican party. They literally have sold their soul to a deranged madman for votes.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:57 AM   #3124
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ladies and gentleman the future of your republican party

Old 05-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #3125
Flasch186
Coordinator

I hope they get trounced for abandoning the GOP I knew for this bastardized version.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:26 PM   #3126
GrantDawg

Quote:
3rd party might hurt Dems more than the GOP if it draws suburban professionals.
Absolutely. If Trump runs, there is no one that is going to loosen his grip on the 38-40% that have sworn fealty to him. Give independents a non-Democratic option, then you are probably looking at Trump losing a couple of percentage points that would have held their nose and voted for him. But there would probably be a 5-7 point loss of independent voters for Dems. That of course depends a bit on the Dem candidate, but it would more likely break worse than better.
2024 isn't the biggest concern now. 2022 is. History tells us that the Dems are likely to lose both sides of Congress. Preventing that should be 100% of the focus. How the lawsuits play out against the voter suppression laws will tell much of that story.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:50 PM   #3127
JPhillips
General Manager

This hearing on the insurrection makes it pretty clear that the mainstream GOP position is that the government attacked and killed innocent protestors on Jan. 6.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:53 PM   #3128
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
This hearing on the insurrection makes it pretty clear that the mainstream GOP position is that the government attacked and killed innocent protestors on Jan. 6.

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:59 PM   #3129
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I listened to some of it and the way they are trying to rewrite history is staggering. The congressman from Mass flat out called them out on it. Then you have Gym Jordan who spent his 5 minutes talking about the dems saying the right isn't allowed to object. They also brought up Hillary at some point, because of course.

Another one, I think from Ga, quoted trump saying to peacefully march, then accused the dems of cherry picking words, failing to also say Trump said they need to fight like hell for their country without a hint of irony. There is also the token hint that is was antifa behind it all, and the Trump protesters were all fun bunch of God lovin Americans, despite the fact masses of them have testified they felt compelled to be there because Trump instructed them to.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #3130
QuikSand
lolzcat

I can't pull links and quotes at the moment, but to me the most telling analysis from this week or so has been, when looking at the near-term future of the GOP: the notion that "old school" Republicans or conservatives might threaten to break away and form a third party is more or less laughable (in that it wouldn't work and everyone knows it) but the notion that Trump-loyal people currently under the Republican name might do so is a very serious proposition.

It's hard to believe. It really is testament to the power of cheap psychology tricks and basic persuasion theory...the stuff is so powerful with such a wide share of people (including many who are otherwise pretty reasonable) that it's hard to see how the toothpaste gets back into the tube, so to speak. Conspiracy theories are just more powerful than boring "studies" or "analysis" or "expertise," and how do you combat that?

It's back to an old saying "in politics, if you're explaining, you're losing." The experts and scientists are the ones who are now suddenly trapped in this inescapable political conundrum. If the M.D. in charge of public health in your county goes on television telling people it's very important to get the vaccine, a terrifyingly high share of Americans see it and respond with "oh, wonder what's in it for her?" How the fuck do you defeat that? And how far does it go, on beyond the issue of the moment (covid shutdowns, vaccinations, etc)?
QuikSand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:11 PM   #3131
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'll believe in the supposed GOP division/fall just as soon as they stop voting as a single bloc to impede any and all progress.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #3132
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

So where are the felony murder prosecutions? How come they haven't arrested the pipe bomber?

The GOP stance seems very much in-line with the DOJ.
Old 05-12-2021, 01:19 PM   #3133
RainMaker
General Manager

Liz Cheney is also a piece of shit and it is really funny to see her ousted like this.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:36 PM   #3134
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Miller on Jan. 6
This isn’t a video game where you can move forces with a flick of the thumb or a movie that glosses over the logistical challenges and the time required to coordinate and synchronize with the multitude of other entities involved, or with complying with the important legal requirements involved in the use of such forces.

Where were we deploying the National Guard, Libya?
Old 05-12-2021, 06:44 PM   #3135
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Where were we deploying the National Guard, Libya?

That comment really stuck out to me as well. I am willing to concede the challenging logistics, but they should have been prepared for this scenario. Some serious buck passing going on with a side of CYA.

Bet your ass if it was 30K Muslims they would have been a lot quicker.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:23 AM   #3136
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So when Trump gets re-elected, do you think he appoints himself dictator for life?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #3137
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
So when Trump gets re-elected, do you think he appoints himself dictator for life?

Yes or at least makes it easy to pass the crown to his kids.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 07:34 AM   #3138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The revenge he is going to take out on people will be something to behold. They really need to hang something major on him to disqualify him from holding office
Old 05-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #3139
Flasch186
Coordinator

I remember clearly having a convo with a Trump supporter I work with back in the day where he said, after I asked, that he would never support Trump having a 3rd term. I even got him to admit that that would be tantamount to a dictatorship taking hold. Then I recall one conversation where he threw out an aside that because Trump suffered such obstruction and unfairness while in office his first term that it shouldn't count and when he wins the reelection he should bee able to get his 3rd term do over. It's amazing what lengths Americans will go to in their march towards tyranny. Then due to the incredible amount of projection that worked during his term they'll say it's the other side that wants tyranny. I literally learned that every time Trump or the admin accused the other side of something I immediately rang the register that the admin/Trump were guilty of exactly that. Biden son corrut in Ukraine? Clearly the Trump org and Rudy were guilty of the same. etc etc

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 09:12 AM   #3140
Kodos
Resident Alien

At least Cheney reached a point where she decided she couldn’t just go along with the rest of the lemmings.

Last edited by Kodos : 05-13-2021 at 09:14 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #3141
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
d. Then I recall one conversation where he threw out an aside that because Trump suffered such obstruction and unfairness while in office his first term that it shouldn't count and when he wins the reelection he should bee able to get his 3rd term do over.

So by this logic after a full term of blatant obstruction by McConnell, Obama can run against him in 2024 right?
Old 05-13-2021, 10:37 AM   #3142
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah but that wasn't unfair. Obama deserved that.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #3143
Atocep
Coordinator

Just so no one forgets just how crazy MTG is.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/14/polit...tez/index.html
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:46 PM   #3144
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What are the odds trump made phone calls to encourage palestine hits

also odds on trump giggling with glee about how many children were killed
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:22 PM   #3145
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Just so no one forgets just how crazy MTG is.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/14/polit...tez/index.html

MTG makes my first wife look like Mary Poppins........and that takes some doing.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #3146
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
At least Cheney reached a point where she decided she couldn’t just go along with the rest of the lemmings.

Yes, and in doing so she committed political suicide. However, she did get some very complimentary (albeit disingenuous) praise from Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Shumer.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:16 PM   #3147
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
MTG makes my first wife look like Mary Poppins........and that takes some doing.

She somehow reminds me of a combination of the worst types of sports parents and Facebook trolls.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:19 PM   #3148
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Dola, we knew Liz Cheney's days were numbered after she fist bumped President Biden at the State of the Union Address. She was absolutely hammered by MAGA fanatics on Twitter, which Cheney responded to:

"I disagree strongly w/@JoeBiden policies, but when the President reaches out to greet me in the chamber of the US House of Representatives, I will always respond in a civil, respectful & dignified way. We're different political parties. We're not sworn enemies. We're Americans."

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 05-14-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:01 PM   #3149
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

this Matt Gaetz thing is such a no win for the Dems and is just going to divide the country further.

If he isn't charged the right will scream "witch hunt! The media attacking another sweet, innocent, republican"

If he is charged but not convicted the right will scream "witch hunt! They had nothing on him all along! the media pressured them into it! The Biden DOJ is trying to make this angel of virtue look bad!"

If he is charged and convicted the right will scream "witch hunt! He is innocent and being set up. He didn't do anything wrong! It is the medias fault"

and the religious right, party of family values, led by FOX News will make this into a political thing yet again and ignore the fact a sitting congressman paid for sex, likely with a minor. there will also be some Hunter Biden references tossed in.
Old 05-17-2021, 01:41 PM   #3150
BYU 14
Coordinator

It's really sad to watch the absolute disregard of morals that exist in the GOP after 4 years of fake news, constant lies and constitution shredding. It's like why should we even pretend to have integrity anymore? Let's just embrace corruption and scream not fair when we get called on it.

I am seriously feeling like there is no political home for me anymore. I really hate the fact that I feel I can't trust anyone on the right anymore when until 2020 I had a very balanced voting records between parties.