Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-02-2021, 03:11 PM   #3251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I would not want to be the FoxNews intern having to sift through these emails looking for dirt.
Why? The kids are likely to win "MAGA" awards. It is not that hard to take statements out of context and make them sound like a conspiracy. I have seen quotes already saying that Fauci said the virus "look man made." They are just going to feed the MAGA crowd for weeks.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:17 PM   #3252
BYU 14
Coordinator

I've said it before, but it is tragically sad that so many Americans are so mentally weak that they can be lead by a lease through these hoops of lunacy.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 04:33 PM   #3253
kingfc22
Head Coach

Also a great demonstration on just how powerful propaganda can be
Old 06-02-2021, 06:00 PM   #3254
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Also a great demonstration on just how powerful propaganda can be

100%

Propaganda sounded crazy when trump said it 'as a joke' then it became 'well maybe' then it became 'the gods honest truth' in 3 simple steps.

Just like trump will stay in the WH, then he'll be reinstated Jan20, then March, now August.

Just like the vaccine will kill everyone in 30 days, then 3 years.

The goalposts just get moved to wherever is convenient.

The people who buy into this are the ones with shallow social (in the person to person social version) safety nets, the ones with struggles in their lives, who are unstable, who don't cast very wide nets in the world of information. They are the ones who love 'magical thinking' and can make great leaps of logic in order to fit the world to their own view of it. Take the 'audit' in Arizona. It's about the least scientific thing there is. Instead of looking for oddities with an open mind, and trying to find any divergence from what was expected, like a scientist does, it's the complete opposite. They are taking existing theories, and trying to shoehorn data and evidence into those existing theories in an attempt to prove them. There's no way to disprove them. Should they not find what they are looking for they will simply say 'they did a really good job of hiding it, but it's there'.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:17 PM   #3255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

24 minutes into the Q documentary. These people are so mentally ill...
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 08:16 AM   #3256
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just heard on the radio, full disclosure CNN, that Trump got the August return date from Mike Lindell. The AI in the sim is broken....
Old 06-03-2021, 09:43 AM   #3257
Swaggs
Coordinator

There is just so much about Trump that feels like the little kid whose parents never let him learn how to lose.

In 2016, it was not accepting that he lost the popular vote or, if he did, he wouldn't have if he had not been campaigning to just win the electoral vote. And from there, it developed into a "landslide," "historical" victory.

In 2020, it is that he won the most votes ever by a sitting president (despite losing by 7-million in the popular vote) and that he won all the states that were close. The reason he didn't win is that he was cheated in the areas that they won in the closest states, even though we can't quite prove it and the rest of his party did well pretty much across the board.

Someone needs to tell the poor guy that sometimes you don't win.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 10:14 AM   #3258
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
There is just so much about Trump that feels like the little kid whose parents never let him learn how to lose.

In 2016, it was not accepting that he lost the popular vote or, if he did, he wouldn't have if he had not been campaigning to just win the electoral vote. And from there, it developed into a "landslide," "historical" victory.

In 2020, it is that he won the most votes ever by a sitting president (despite losing by 7-million in the popular vote) and that he won all the states that were close. The reason he didn't win is that he was cheated in the areas that they won in the closest states, even though we can't quite prove it and the rest of his party did well pretty much across the board.

Someone needs to tell the poor guy that sometimes you don't win.

And even in most of the states he won his margin went down by a similar margin to the states that flipped.
Old 06-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #3259
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump's superpower is getting people to willingly incinerate all of their dignity.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:26 AM   #3260
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

For all of Trumps flaws, I still remember Trump at the 2016 Republican primary debate saying that George W did not keep us safe on 9/11. He even got booed by the crowd for it. It was probably one of the few times I agreed with him.
Old 06-04-2021, 11:10 AM   #3261
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Looks like Facebook is paving the way for Trump to return

Old 06-04-2021, 01:02 PM   #3262
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Or not.
Old 06-04-2021, 01:05 PM   #3263
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
For all of Trumps flaws, I still remember Trump at the 2016 Republican primary debate saying that George W did not keep us safe on 9/11. He even got booed by the crowd for it. It was probably one of the few times I agreed with him.

That’s a hell of an endorsement - I agreed with what he said once, 5 years ago
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 01:39 PM   #3264
molson
General Manager

I agreed with several of his firing decisions on Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #3265
BYU 14
Coordinator

As if there was any doubt about Russia's intentions to undermine democracy.

Putin tries to amplify GOP efforts to whitewash the deadly Capitol attack, saying the insurrectionists weren't 'just a crowd of robbers and rioters'
Old 06-04-2021, 03:02 PM   #3266
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Barnes & Thornburg Partner Leaves Firm After Representing My Pillow CEO in Suit | The American Lawyer

Life comes at you fast.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #3267
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

For context, from what I could tell from legal twitter, that firm was at risk of losing a LOT of clients due to that filing. Firing the partner was necessary (maybe not sufficient, but necessary) to save the firm.
Old 06-04-2021, 03:38 PM   #3268
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He should be fired for showing a heinous lack of judgment taking him on in the first place.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:26 PM   #3269
AlexB
Pro Starter

Saw a post the other day saying that how in the hell can Trump just stroll back into the White House in August when he can’t get even get back onto Facebook

Last edited by AlexB : 06-04-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #3270
molson
General Manager

I know there's been some confusion about how Trump will take office again and the mechanics of that, fortunately, conservative radio talk show host and former presidential candidate Dr. Laurie Roth, Ph.D, has cleared it all up:

Old 06-05-2021, 05:14 PM   #3271
miami_fan
Coordinator

Yes, it is wrong and unfair. Regardless, I looked it up and now I am judging the PhD program at Oregon State.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 05:24 PM   #3272
JPhillips
General Manager

It seems like the plan after, something something August, is to make Trump the Speaker in 2023 and then impeach Biden and Harris.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:30 PM   #3273
AlexB
Pro Starter

Seems legit to me. I think all PhDs would call it a which hunt, and need people to comfirm things for them. And the punctuation is impeccable.
Old 06-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #3274
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think my favorite part of that is the casual "the military gave him 2 more months as President."
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:12 PM   #3275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These talking heads don't believe what they say, but they know their gullible listeners do and they make a lucrative living off them so they keep up the charade.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #3276
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
These talking heads don't believe what they say, but they know their gullible listeners do and they make a lucrative living off them so they keep up the charade.

It is prestige bias at it's finest. Put a PHD after your name and watch the gullible masses buy any Bullshit hook, line and sinker.
Old 06-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #3277
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
It is prestige bias at it's finest. Put a PHD after your name and watch the gullible masses buy any Bullshit hook, line and sinker.

While the rally against the elites and college type smart mouths.

It is amazing how they don't realize they are being played
Old 06-05-2021, 07:52 PM   #3278
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man they give out P.H.D's yo anyone these days don't they? If this Laurie Roth really does have one, they should take it away for all that nonsense
Old 06-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #3279
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Yes, it is wrong and unfair. Regardless, I looked it up and now I am judging the PhD program at Oregon State.

Geez, and I thought nothing could be more embarrassing than our football program.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:30 PM   #3280
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm a high up and trusted military source (I work in the IT department of an Army hospital). I can assure you Trump is not president. I'm happy I could clear that up for everyone.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #3281
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'm a high up and trusted military source (I work in the IT department of an Army hospital). I can assure you Trump is not president. I'm happy I could clear that up for everyone.

Thank God
Old 06-07-2021, 08:04 PM   #3282
JPhillips
General Manager

The Trump Ukraine quid pro quo was all true and there's audio.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/polit...den/index.html
Old 06-07-2021, 08:46 PM   #3283
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Trump Ukraine quid pro quo was all true and there's audio.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/polit...den/index.html

Of all the Trump misconduct, I bet this is still the one he does not get. His handlers have convinced him that people think it was bad, and he knows to repeat the no quid-pro-quo line.

But they had something he wanted. He had the ability to give them something they wanted. Why it was wrong for him to say "I'll give you this if you give me that" seems very hard for him to understand considering the way he's wired.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-07-2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:01 AM   #3284
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Dr. Roth left out one part of the message - the part where her source offered her 4 pillows for the price of 3.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #3285
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...mposter-fraud/

Who watches the Watchmen? But for cheap fraudsters.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-09-2021 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #3286
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is.....something.....

Old 06-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #3287
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

It worked on Futurama
Old 06-09-2021, 11:36 AM   #3288
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe they can use a Jewish space laser?
Old 06-09-2021, 11:48 AM   #3289
molson
General Manager

What I take from that if that he's acknowledging climate change.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #3290
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

That's never been the real denial for many people though, right ? This has long been denying it being a) human induced/worsened/accelerated and thus b) can't be influenced by humans doing sth about it by changing things about their"Footprint".
It has long been popular to reference big, unchangeable natural reasons for climate change as the primary reason, thus suggesting (or just plainly saying) that best that can be done is cope. Which then also serves as the comfortable way out for many folks by supporting technological 'solutions' (either to cope or offset the causes, i.e. geoengineering. Both of course emminently important, but not as an exclusive strategy).
Or put blame on individuals for fallout like with the Wildfires. That's the sort of underlying framework this is serving here: frame it as a) impossible to change and b) thus time and energy would be better served focussing entirely on the fallout while just chugging along.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:04 PM   #3291
molson
General Manager

Trump says global warming is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese, and the last I saw, there is still a significant number of Republicans who believe it's not happening at all.

My quick Google search tells me that a Gallup survey found that 59% overall believed global warming was happening in 2016, and and a Yale study found that 69% did in 2019. And it's probably fair to assume that most of those that don't out of those numbers are Republican.

Last edited by molson : 06-09-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #3292
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Trump says global warming is a hoax perpetuated by the Chinese, and the last I saw, there is still a significant number of Republicans who believe it's not happening at all.

My quick Google search tells me that a Gallup survey found that 59% overall believed global warming was happening in 2016, and and a Yale study found that 69% did in 2019. And it's probably fair to assume that most of those that don't out of those numbers are Republican.

Wasn't meant to say it's not sth a lot of folks believe, but politicians especially seem prone to go for the "yeah ok, but ..." option or the "it's unclear" option (might well be less popular than over here though) and not just on this topic. Might change of course, now that being crazy is a real selling point and there's less need to 'compromise'

Colour me shocked it is that high though. I mean, large part of the US population believes some crazy shit, often way more tangible stuff. Like thinking Dinosaurs aren't extinct and/or havin co-existed with humans.
Though i have to say these sorts of studies often have problematic methodology, i.e. these yes/no questions kinda skew towards people with some skepticism/doubts to say "no" on principle. Though i'd like to think both Yale and Gallup have that in-between are covered in some way ?

Overall it unfortunately comes down to the 2 party system again as a sizable portion of voters feels obligated to vote Rep despite disagreeing on their stance on certain issues. Because ultimately "green" policies do have a decent majority of all americans behind them, and even a sizeable portion of republicans in some instances.

How Americans see climate change and the environment in 7 charts | Pew Research Center
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 06-09-2021 at 03:19 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:24 PM   #3293
RainMaker
General Manager

I think their views have changed a lot. At first they said it wasn't happening. As evidence kept mounting, they had to move to "we aren't causing it". Pretty sure we'll reach a point where the argument is that it is good for us.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #3294
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Look, if we just change the orbit of the earth or the moon, we can finally get the dumb, woke millennials to get off our lawn.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 06-09-2021 at 03:58 PM.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:00 PM   #3295
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

The angle I saw was that he was acknowledging it, but is of the mind that it is due to sunspots, orbits, etc. so unless if we can change those, we can't do anything about climate change.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:23 PM   #3296
RainMaker
General Manager

Shocking I tell you that they are getting special treatment from the feds.

Revealed: majority of people charged in Capitol attack aren’t in jail | US Capitol breach | The Guardian
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 01:30 PM   #3297
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

MyPillow Guy’s MAGA Rally Rouses ‘Stop the Steal’ Truthers With Corn Dogs and Hate for Fox News

I'm still amazed that this could be a news headline in the USA.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #3298
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
This is.....something.....

I'm only disappointed when I figured out the BLM in question is the Bureau of Land Management. Tying in Black Lives Matter to climate change would've been peak crazy GOP.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:02 PM   #3299
Atocep
Coordinator

So the DOJ, under Barr, was subpoenaing communications records of democratic members of congress and some journalists without their knowledge? Am I understanding this correctly?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN2DQ1I3
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:12 PM   #3300
kingfc22
Head Coach

Yes, but "Socialism bad", "colored people bad", etc is more worrisome than a wannabe Dictator