Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM   #401
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yes. The one player we have a bead on is apparently begging us to vote for him and acting nuts. Everyone else is a normal Day One vote, and not even the votees know if they're roled or not. Information is only revealed at night. I would rather go through a cycle, even at the loss of one lynch target and subsequent vote analysis, to gain this information and hopefully have a more meaningful vote on Day Two and going forward.

It's in an information rich but hidden game like this where this sort of approach can work. Usually we don't get that.

please, please vote for me! With a cherry on top! I will be your best friend 4ever 4reals
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #402
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't buy the CR approach, never have, and I'm pretty sure we all had this argument 50 or 60 games ago, everyone on the same side they're taking now, so I'm not particularly concerned either way.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #403
J23
College Benchwarmer

Are we sure we'd even learn anything from a night cycle? At what point do the secret roled people find out that they indeed have the secret role?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #404
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
Are we sure we'd even learn anything from a night cycle? At what point do the secret roled people find out that they indeed have the secret role?

For some, it was before the game started
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 PM   #405
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'm almost tempted to vote him out of sheer annoyance.

Almost

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #406
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I strongly disagree. People with fewer posts tend to be more difficult to get a read on.

No duh. My point is that he has yet to be utr this game. That's why i mention that I would be okay voting out a utr person later. Voting someone D1 because of their play style isn't nice. It's mean. "It's saying, play my way, or else I punish you."

That's not something I support, and I'm happy to vote for Narcizo to help send a message that I feel it's inappropriate, and I don;t care if no one else votes for him, and nothing happens with the vote today, or how it screws up vote reviews later, I'm sending a message. I'm not moving my vote for anything. Danny could waive a flag that reads Here Lies the Wolf, and I'm not budging today.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #407
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'm almost tempted to vote him out of sheer annoyance.

Almost

Based on what I've seen, this place would be duller than Mr. Rogers on prozac if I wasn't around today
Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #408
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Danny could waive a flag that reads Here Lies the Wolf, and I'm not budging today.

Don't be silly, there are no wolves in Gotham City.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #409
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I said I would earlier and have no reason to change now, I'd rather vote for someone I know doesn't have Gotham's best interests at heart then take a crapshoot and have people bitch that I'm piling on or trying to hide my vote.

and since Danny is still online...

Vote Danny
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #410
Danny
Head Coach

crap lol

Unvote No lynch
Vote Danny
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #411
Tyrith
College Starter

Not particularly happy with how scattered today's vote is. However, mauboy was on my list at the start of the day, and right now I show him up 5-4. Good enough for me.

VOTE MAUBOY1
Old 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #412
J23
College Benchwarmer

vote Danny

I've gone back and forth about voting Danny most of the day. I have no idea what his plan is, but hopefully it's a matter of calling his bluff.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #413
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Unvote Danny
Vote Danny
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #414
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Danny
Vote Mauboy
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #415
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

well J23 made my post irrelevant but anyways...
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #416
Danny
Head Coach

Unvote Mauboy
Vote Danny
Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #417
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm not sure what downside there really is in a Danny vote. If he's a villager, then a vote for him presumably helps us unless he's gone completely insane. If he's a wolf or a neutral that gains a power, at least we find out about it and he's going down eventually.

I'd be more OK with a Danny vote than a random Mauboy kill I think, but I'm willing to be talked out of it.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #418
The Jackal
Coordinator

heading out to dinner, unlikely that i'll be back by the deadline but we'll see
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #419
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm not sure what downside there really is in a Danny vote. If he's a villager, then a vote for him presumably helps us unless he's gone completely insane. If he's a wolf or a neutral that gains a power, at least we find out about it and he's going down eventually.

I'd be more OK with a Danny vote than a random Mauboy kill I think, but I'm willing to be talked out of it.

As gung-ho about it as he was, I'm concerned we're just going to be unable to lynch him and he's going to get kill multiple people. If he is The Joker, then I'm content to let Batman have the first whack at him. But it's your hide, if you think it's worth risking, I won't try too hard to dissuade you.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #420
bhlloy
Coordinator

The one thing I can think of is that Danny is a non-villager who has a win condition or a power if he's the day 1 vote... which would mean holding off would be smart. Otherwise if we're going to do it, why not do it right away?
Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #421
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
As gung-ho about it as he was, I'm concerned we're just going to be unable to lynch him and he's going to get kill multiple people. If he is The Joker, then I'm content to let Batman have the first whack at him. But it's your hide, if you think it's worth risking, I won't try too hard to dissuade you.

I think could be just as likely that Danny being as good a player as he is, trying to to draw the NK because he has a protection against that. Does that make any sense? It could be anything but I'm not sure what we gain by waiting. If he has a power then he's still going to have it down the line and we could be in a worse situation then.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #422
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The one thing I can think of is that Danny is a non-villager who has a win condition or a power if he's the day 1 vote... which would mean holding off would be smart. Otherwise if we're going to do it, why not do it right away?

this is my reasoning. however, my hunch is different than your 2 ideas (about what it means for him).

the other thing i worry about is if Batman has conditions with negative consequences for NKing a good person, i'd much rather find out for sure what Danny is up to than wait and have to find out later when he may be more powerful for all we know.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #423
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think could be just as likely that Danny being as good a player as he is, trying to to draw the NK because he has a protection against that. Does that make any sense? It could be anything but I'm not sure what we gain by waiting. If he has a power then he's still going to have it down the line and we could be in a worse situation then.

It makes sense but I disagree. I think his play is much more likely to draw a lynch than a NK.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #424
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

In hope that it won't be necessary to do it at all. And the fact that he up and told us who he is, plus the obviousness of the voting mechanic he seems to be tied to, makes it seem unlikely to me we can just take him outside and blow his head off.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #425
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
It makes sense but I disagree. I think his play is much more likely to draw a lynch than a NK.

It's definitely unlikely I would draw a mob night kill. And I am definitely not worried about Batman.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #426
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
In hope that it won't be necessary to do it at all. And the fact that he up and told us who he is, plus the obviousness of the voting mechanic he seems to be tied to, makes it seem unlikely to me we can just take him outside and blow his head off.

Sorry I'm slow, what scenario would you be talking about that it wouldn't be necessary to do it at all?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #427
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
this is my reasoning. however, my hunch is different than your 2 ideas (about what it means for him).

the other thing i worry about is if Batman has conditions with negative consequences for NKing a good person, i'd much rather find out for sure what Danny is up to than wait and have to find out later when he may be more powerful for all we know.

I just feel like there has to be a deeper layer to this. If his nonsense voting is being forced by his role, there has to be some sort of protection for this. And mostly I don't want the protection to be free lynch + a kill. But I also suspect that if he gets a kill it'd probably be on someone who voted for him, so I'm content to let you guys chase him if that's what you want.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #428
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Sorry I'm slow, what scenario would you be talking about that it wouldn't be necessary to do it at all?

Nothing slow, I'm just guessing Batman could probably deal with him somehow. Or at least make it possible for us to deal with him. Of course, Danny could just be trying to draw in Batman, as his latest taunt suggests. You guys are kind of weakening my resolve here.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #429
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Yawwwn..

I might not be able to make it until deadline. I might need to make a vote switch and then just cross my fingers til morning.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #430
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I just feel like there has to be a deeper layer to this. If his nonsense voting is being forced by his role, there has to be some sort of protection for this. And mostly I don't want the protection to be free lynch + a kill. But I also suspect that if he gets a kill it'd probably be on someone who voted for him, so I'm content to let you guys chase him if that's what you want.

I'm willing to take that risk, I have no role (known to me at least) and have no issue putting myself at risk from getting: offed related to my vote, lynched at some point, NK from my strategy.

Whether others vote for him are up to you, i understand the risk others see. If 2 of my other people on "my list" were up for vote i would think about switching but they aren't so I won't. As I said when I voted for him, I also don't feel like getting the inevitable "you're trying to hide your vote by piling on late" etc... BS either.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #431
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The Citizens

Most people of Gotham mind their own business, don't rock the boat and do what they have to do to get by. A few though have been inspired by the actions of Gordon, Dent, Dawes and most of all, The Batman. They've decided the unthinkable can be done, the mob can be driven out of Gotham City. Unfortunately by stepping up they've put themselves in the line of fire.

QFT
Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #432
Tyrith
College Starter

Pfft, so melodramatic :P
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #433
Danny
Head Coach

haha
Old 06-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #434
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Nothing slow, I'm just guessing Batman could probably deal with him somehow. Or at least make it possible for us to deal with him. Of course, Danny could just be trying to draw in Batman, as his latest taunt suggests. You guys are kind of weakening my resolve here.

I'm honestly as stuck here as I have been... and it's only a day 1 vote

I'm slightly leaning towards this being a good play. I think the odds that something bad happens here that we could have avoided down the road are less than the alternatives.

Unvote Mauboy
Vote Danny
Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #435
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I believe this makes it a 3way tie @ 5 votes each for Mauboy, zinto and danny
Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #436
Tyrith
College Starter

Who all do you have for Zinto? I only have 4.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #437
Danny
Head Coach

I think that's right. And Mau gets lynched in a tie.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #438
Tyrith
College Starter

Those 4 being Lathum, ntn, Jackal, and dzilla. Should have been less dumb and said that before.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #439
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm taking off home, hopefully get back on 15 mins or so before deadline
Old 06-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #440
Danny
Head Coach

You're right Zinto has 4
Old 06-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #441
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
No duh. My point is that he has yet to be utr this game. That's why i mention that I would be okay voting out a utr person later. Voting someone D1 because of their play style isn't nice. It's mean. "It's saying, play my way, or else I punish you."

That's not something I support, and I'm happy to vote for Narcizo to help send a message that I feel it's inappropriate, and I don;t care if no one else votes for him, and nothing happens with the vote today, or how it screws up vote reviews later, I'm sending a message. I'm not moving my vote for anything. Danny could waive a flag that reads Here Lies the Wolf, and I'm not budging today.

I kind of want to argue this, but I don't really want to spend the time and effort currently. We'll agree to disagree I guess.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #442
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Those 4 being Lathum, ntn, Jackal, and dzilla. Should have been less dumb and said that before.

yup, i forgot to take danny's vote off of him. that's why i said I believe because it gets a little confusing with you know who moving his vote around
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #443
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
yup, i forgot to take danny's vote off of him. that's why i said I believe because it gets a little confusing with you know who moving his vote around

Yeah bhlloy, stop moving your vote around
Old 06-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #444
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm just kind of mentally discounting his vote at this point. Although I'll be curious if there will be multiple 9:59 votes.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #445
Zinto
College Starter

Well I am going out and probably won't be back until after the deadline. I will move my self defense vote onto the person who I believe is more likely going to get lynched even though I think he isn't a good candidate today(but who is) like I have already said.

Vote Danny
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #446
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

For those voting Danny, what are the odds he is an out-and-out criminal? Playing in a way that's reasonably likely to draw a scan probably means he wouldn't be one that would scan as bad. So if there's a cunning-type role in this game (which we don't know), that would be the only reasonable role for him, and even that would be a stretch in my opinion. I think there's a very low chance he's a criminal as a result. While I dont know what to think about the other possibilities, I feel pretty strongly voting Danny is a pretty poor percentage play.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #447
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
For those voting Danny, what are the odds he is an out-and-out criminal? Playing in a way that's reasonably likely to draw a scan probably means he wouldn't be one that would scan as bad. So if there's a cunning-type role in this game (which we don't know), that would be the only reasonable role for him, and even that would be a stretch in my opinion. I think there's a very low chance he's a criminal as a result. While I dont know what to think about the other possibilities, I feel pretty strongly voting Danny is a pretty poor percentage play.

There's a chance he's a mobster, there's a bigger chance he's a non-listed character who does not have Gotham's interests at heart. Given the alternatives (shots in the dark IMO) he's my vote.

For the argument of "he wants us to vote for him to activate something" I would argue he could also be giving off that vibe to stay alive due to a nighttime ability activating. It works both ways, if he can duke then I'd rather find out day 1 than wait til day 6 when it costs us the game IMO.

My $0.02
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #448
Autumn
Head Coach

Gotham City Late Night Vote Count

2 ntn - zinto (281), mauboy (316)
5 mauboy - packerfanatic (201), mrbug708 (291), darth vilus (360), mckerney (385), tyrith (411)
1 mrbug - hoopsguy (159)
6 danny - thomkal (302), chubby (413), J23 (412), danny (416), bhlloy (434), zinto (445)
4 zinto - lathum (321), ntndeacon (348), the jackal (363), dzilla7 (371)
2 bhlloy - narcizo (339), JAG (342)
1 narcizo - abe sargent (389)
1 no lynch - chief rum (391)

Let me know if I've messed up.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #449
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Gotham City Late Night Vote Count

2 ntn - zinto (281), mauboy (316)
5 mauboy - packerfanatic (201), mrbug708 (291), darth vilus (360), mckerney (385), tyrith (411)
1 mrbug - hoopsguy (159)
6 danny - thomkal (302), chubby (413), J23 (412), danny (416), bhlloy (434), zinto (445)
4 zinto - lathum (321), ntndeacon (348), the jackal (363), dzilla7 (371)
2 bhlloy - narcizo (339), JAG (342)
1 narcizo - abe sargent (389)
1 no lynch - chief rum (391)

Let me know if I've messed up.

The burger you promised me has still not arrive! And if you put any mayonnaise on it, I'm gonna come over to your house, I'll chop your legs off, set fire to your house, and watch as you drag your bloody stumps out the door.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #450
Autumn
Head Coach

I must have messed up somewhere as that adds up to 22.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote