Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2017, 01:15 AM   #51
larrymcg421
Head Coach

We take a mission to clear out a cemetery. I'm able to bargain this up to a 490 reward. Hopefully we can start affording some better armor soon.

Round 1 - I like this set up. We are outnumbered, but the trees and bushes narrow the fighting area, making it hard for them to overwhelm us. I set up two lines, one with Deacon, Al, and Mizz protecting the left, and another with Jerome, Gork, and Walik protecting the bottom. The enemies do not appear yet.

Round 2 - We wait for them to appear. Nothing yet.

Round 3 - A Weiderganger finally appears at the end of this round. Still not in range of us yet.

Round 4 - They are not attacking en masse. One appears at the top. This is good for us, but boring so far. The one at the bottom runs into Jerome's spear and then hides in a bush.

Round 5 - He comes out of the bushes and gets within melee range. Walik and Jerome get hits in, but that only takes him to half HP. It's good that they are dumb.

Round 6 - Gork, Jerome, and Walik all miss attacks this round, but Da Law gets a good shot in. The enemy at the top is taking his time getting to us, but I'm in no rush.

Round 7 - Walik finishes off the enemy at the bottom. Da Law moves to the top and starts taking shots at Mr. Cautious, forcing him to confront us.

Round 8 - Finally more are starting to appear, but they keep coming one at a time. We engage another at the bottom.

Round 9 - Jerome finishes off another guy at the bottom. Guy at the top gets weakened.

The rest of the battle continues in this fashion. We are able to triple team each enemy that comes in. The only danger is when Gork takes a big hit for half his HP, but Jerome is able to hold off any more enemies from getting to him. The enemies started respawning, which happens with the undead sometimes, but that only gives us more kills.

I probably could've ended this much earlier, but like to play it safe until we get better armor.

Loot: We get some valuable trade goods, gold, and assorted weapons. Still no two handers.

Gork has a pierced side and will be sidelined for a couple days.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #52
larrymcg421
Head Coach

To give you a sense of what we're doing and where we're going, here's a look at the world map. So far we have been sticking in this area. Schwarzbrook is a small village where we started. Krakendorf is another village where we did a couple a missions. Hammarsted is a major city that has pretty much everything we need. We cleared out the cemetery for them in the last mission. We will probably explore outside this area soon, but so far this has been a very good setup to start out with.

Old 01-23-2017, 02:18 AM   #53
larrymcg421
Head Coach

We stay in Hammerstad to take on the following mission, which I negotiate up to 490.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:50 AM   #54
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If there's still slots open.

Name: Coffee
Nickname: the Warlord
Team Role: Shield or Melee, whichever you have more immediate need of.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 01-23-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:58 AM   #55
chesapeake
College Starter

I'd love to join, too, when you have space.

Name: Chesapeake
Nickname: the Malodorous
Team Role: Whatever is needed
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #56
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Round 1 - It's a swamp, which will make movement very difficult. It also has a 25% reduction on all offensive and defensive stats. We immediately move to the grassy area and try to catch some of them in the swamp. They have the same idea and the result is a big fight over that grassy area in the middle. Da Law gets a shot in.

Round 2 - Da Law finishes off the guy he wounded in round 1. We team up on the guys at the bottom. Deacon and Al get the kills. A Thug with an axe comes in and knocks Jerome's shield out of his hands.

Round 3 - Jerome takes a hit from the Bandit Raider. Gork misses a big swing. Deacon seriously injures a Thug and Mizz finishes him.

Round 4 - Walik is in position to attack from across the swamp area. A bandit takes the bait and moves in to the swamp to try and attack Walik. Jerome is holding his own without a shield. He kills the axe man, who got scared and tried to run.

Round 5 - Walik kills the dummy who moved into the swamp. Gork takes out the Raider with an impressively brutal hit.

Round 6 - The archer is the last man standing and tries to escape, but Jerome finishes him off.

This was the easiest battle we've had yet. It was scary when Jerome lost his shield, but we made good use of bad terrain to quickly help him out.

Loot: We pick up a two handed axe for Mizz (finally!), some trade goods, tools, gold, a replacement shield for Jerome, and another metal helmet.

Also, everyone leveled up!

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 01-23-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:54 PM   #57
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I added Tier 2 Perks to the 2nd page. You may pick a Tier 2 Perk or another Tier 1 Perk.

Al Bumm the Cover

HP: 63 (+4)
Fatigue: 95 (+4)
Resolve: 44 (+4)
Initiative: 108 (+5)
Melee: 59 (+2)
Range: 37 (+2)
MeleeDef: 9 (+2)
RangeDef: 9 (+3)

Mizz the Zou

HP: 60 (+2)
Fatigue: 91 (+2)
Resolve: 39 (+4)
Initiative: 109 (+5)
Melee: 58 (+3)
Range: 35 (+3)
MeleeDef: 5 (+1)
RangeDef: 5 (+4)

Deacon Palmer the Wall

HP: 68 (+2)
Fatigue: 115 (+2)
Resolve: 40 (+3)
Initiative: 113 (+5)
Melee: 55 (+2)
Range: 38 (+4)
MeleeDef: 7 (+3)
RangeDef: 5 (+2)

Gork the Gorker

HP: 65 (+2)
Fatigue: 103 (+2)
Resolve: 46 (+4)
Initiative: 110 (+4)
Melee: 62 (+3)
Range: 34 (+4)
MeleeDef: 5 (+2)
RangeDef: 4 (+2)

Jerome Simpson the Suicidal

HP: 68 (+2)
Fatigue: 112 (+4)
Resolve: 35 (+2)
Initiative: 112 (+4)
Melee: 47 (+3)
Range: 34 (+3)
MeleeDef: 3 (+3)
RangeDef: 2 (+2)

Da Law the One With the Arrows

HP: 62 (+2)
Fatigue: 94 (+2)
Resolve: 44 (+3)
Initiative: 110 (+4)
Melee: 50 (+1)
Range: 50 (+4)
MeleeDef: 0 (+3)
RangeDef: 0 (+2)

Walik the Wicked

HP: 63 (+3)
Fatigue: 101 (+4)
Resolve: 36 (+3)
Initiative: 111 (+4)
Melee: 52 (+3)
Range: 32 (+3)
MeleeDef: 3 (+2)
RangeDef: 1 (+3)

Old 01-23-2017, 12:56 PM   #58
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Thanks for the new sign-ups! I'm hoping to expand shortly.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:58 PM   #59
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Mizz the Zou

HP: 60 (+2)
Fatigue: 91 (+2)
Resolve: 39 (+4)

Perk: Head Hunter
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:28 PM   #60
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Al Bumm the Cover

Initiative: 108 (+5)
Melee: 59 (+2)
RangeDef: 9 (+3)

Perk: Student
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #61
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Deacon Palmer the Wall

Resolve: 40 (+3)
Initiative: 113 (+5)
MeleeDef: 7 (+3)

Perk: Dodge
Old 01-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #62
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was scary when Jerome lost his shield, but we made good use of bad terrain to quickly help him out.

Nice of everyone to keep me alive! This is going much better than anticipated so far it seems.

Jerome Simpson

Melee
Initiative
Resolve

Fortified Mind
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:27 PM   #63
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Nice of everyone to keep me alive! This is going much better than anticipated so far it seems.

This has been the best start I've had yet. I've played it safe and avoided dangerous missions. Plus we got lucky when Walik was spared on a good dice roll. I have a feeling that there will be some hurt coming eventually, especially if we run into any orcs.

Old 01-23-2017, 03:51 PM   #64
tarcone
Coordinator

Gork hungry

Gork the Gorker

Resolve
Melee
Melee Defense

Head Hunter

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #65
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Da Law

HP
ranged Attack
Fatigue

Crippling strikes
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:15 AM   #66
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Waiting on Walik.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 PM   #67
BYU 14
Coordinator

Sorry for holding things up

HP: 63 (+3)
Fatigue: 101 (+4)
Melee: 52 (+3)

Executioner
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 10:52 PM   #68
larrymcg421
Head Coach

After selling our trade goods and excess items, we are over 2000 gold for the first time. I use this money to upgrade our armor some more. Here are the current armor ratings. First number is head and second number is body.

Al: 80/80
Mizz: 110/95
Deacon: 80/95
Gork: 110/95
Jerome: 45/80
Da Law: 30/20
Walik: 30/65

Mizz and Gork get the best armor because they'll be on the front line without a shield. Jerome will be the next to get upgraded.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 01-25-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 11:07 PM   #69
larrymcg421
Head Coach

With Mizz finally getting his two handed weapon, we need another shield/spear guy. Meet our new recruit:

Old 01-26-2017, 12:10 AM   #70
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Our next mission is a cargo delivery from Hammersted to Wickstad, which will take us out of the comfortable bubble of three towns we've been hanging out in. In fact, it will be quite the journey as you can see.

Hmm, I've never come across this before. I decide to let it go for now. Hoping that doesn't bite me in the ass later on.

We get intercepted on our way by some bandits. Now this is a little scary. 4 of them are raiders. The most we've fought yet is 2. This will be difficult. The raiders are the 2nd, 3rd, 7th, and 8th from top to bottom.

Round 1 - They get the jump on us. Their first few guys come towards the center of our line, so I respond by setting up a spear wall. Their last few guys then start a flanking maneuver around top. I move Walik up one to help respond to this maneuver and prepare to flank their bottom. Da Law misses.

Round 2 - Four of them get past the spear wall (although the one at the top is severely wounded in doing so. Al's spear did make them give up on their flanking maneuver and head for the middle. Walik kills the guy at the top. I begin my move around the bottom as Mizz, Deacon, and Coffee dispatch one the Thugs. We triple team a Raider and Walik gets his second kill (likely thanks to his new executioner skill, as the Raider had an injury). Da Law gets a good hit one one of their backline guys.

Round 3 - Coffee takes a brutal hit from the Raider and is now down to half HP. Deacon kills another guy at the bottom and their line is totally compromised. We now triple team the Raider in order to save Coffee. Mizz and Jerome severely wound him, and Coffee finishes him off. Al kills a Thug at the top and we are now left with just two Raiders. One of them hits Walik with a throwing axe, but he's okay.

Round 4 - Walik gets a great hit, causing the Raider to flee. However, in my favorite moment of this dynasty so far, Da Law nails the guy on his way out. Here's the scene after Da Law's shot.

Amazingly, the final Raider doesn't retreat. He just puts his shield up. Must have very high Resolve.

Round 5 - We surround the remaining guy. He holds out pretty tough and dodges several attacks before Gork finally finishes him off.

Very happy with my tactics in this battle. We concentrated attacks on their guys to thin their numbers as quickly as possible. I flanked the bottom and utilized Walik to triple team their toughest guys.

Loot: Food, gold, tools, ammo. The best in the haul is a boar spear and a patched mail shirt (90 body armor). Coffee gets the armor and Al gets the spear (because he's the best melee shielder).

Old 01-28-2017, 12:29 AM   #71
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Our next mission is to track down some bandits who have been harassing Wikstadt. It is our highest priced mission so far, giving us a reward of 690 gold.

The good news is they have no Raiders in this mission. The bad news is they have 4 archers, which will be especially problematic in the swamp as it will take us a while to get to them.

Round 1 - Charging is not an option because I'll be stuck in the swamp, so I move us back to the grassy area and form two different lines. Al and Gork cover the top grassy area, while the rest of the squad occupies the grassy area in the middle. If their melee guys engage it, they'll have to do it from the swamp while we're on dry land. Da Law hits a thug with an axe for 50% HP. All of their archers miss.

Round 2 - They come after us. I continue moving my lines around in preparation for when they get in melee range. I move Walik up to the top to help Gork and Al.

Round 3 - Da Law takes a bad hit and I move him further back. We have a pretty good setup as they do end up engaging us in melee from the swamp, giving us a huge edge. The problem is their 4 archers and one of them hits Mizz.

Round 4 - Enemy archers all team up on Da Law and he's dead. Walik kills a guy at the top. Mizz has retreated. Coffee's shield is knocked loose. Things not looking good right now.

Round 5 - Jerome kills one of the guys stuck in the swamp. Luckily, Coffee is able to dodge attacks from two enemies in this round. Gork decapitates a guy at the top. My three guys at the top are now clear and it's time to chase the archers.

Round 6 - The chase continues. At the very least, it makes their archers run and prevents them from shooting at us. The terrain advantage finally pays off in this round as Jerome and Deacon take out two of their front line guys.

Round 7 - Gork smash archer. Coffee takes out the remaining front line guy. It is now a full on archer chase.

Round 8-10 - We chase them through the swamp. One of them surprises Walik by stabbing him with a dagger. This annoys him and he sends his pike through the bandit's skull as payback. Jerome kills another archer. The remaining archer retreats and we cannot catch him.

This is our first death. I feel bad, because I probably could've pulled Da Law further back before they got to him, but I was still trying to keep him in range for support.

Loot: Nothing special. Mostly some extra weapons that we don't need and will be sold, some trade goods, and a "Blotched Gambeson" which is worth 70 body armor and will go to Walik.

Coffee the Warlord has leveled up! Pick three of these to improve and one of the Tier 1 Perks on post 3.

HP: 55 (+4)
Fatigue: 94 (+3)
Resolve: 51 (+4)
Initiative: 102 (+3)
Melee: 54 (+3)
Range: 36 (+3)
MeleeDef: 4 (+2)
RangeDef: 1 (+3)

Old 01-28-2017, 12:53 AM   #72
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Meet our new archer...

Old 01-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #73
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Law, feel free to pick a new character.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #74
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I blame you ...

Da Law
The Boar
Melee
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 AM   #75
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Waiting on Coffee

Old 02-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #76
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Sorry!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #77
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

HP: 55 (+4)
Melee: 54 (+3)
MeleeDef: 4 (+2)

Colossus
Old 02-05-2017, 11:36 PM   #78
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Just a suggestion(not aimed at CW, I hadn't checked the thread in a while either). To avoid a gap that will contribute to people losing interest, the game losing momentum, etc. you may want to consider what I've done with interactive projects: pick something yourself, even at random, if someone's out of contact for a while. I've typically used 2-3 days, but whatever works for you.

I find it helpful -- YMMV of course, it's your(quite good so far) story.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #79
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Just a suggestion(not aimed at CW, I hadn't checked the thread in a while either). To avoid a gap that will contribute to people losing interest, the game losing momentum, etc. you may want to consider what I've done with interactive projects: pick something yourself, even at random, if someone's out of contact for a while. I've typically used 2-3 days, but whatever works for you.

I find it helpful -- YMMV of course, it's your(quite good so far) story.

I resemble that remark.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:45 AM   #80
larrymcg421
Head Coach

That was actually my fault. I thought I had sent him a PM, but didn't. He responded almost right after I sent my PM. I'll try to get a new battle up tonight or tomorrow.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #81
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I managed to get a couple delivery missions, which took us back to our home area and then back again to Weitblick. Luckily, we encountered no enemies and scored some nice cash. This allowed me to upgrade some armor and hire a new polearm guy.

Old 02-11-2017, 12:05 AM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I managed to get a couple delivery missions, which took us back to our home area and then back again to Weitblick. Luckily, we encountered no enemies and scored some nice cash. This allowed me to upgrade some armor and hire a new polearm guy.