Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #301
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I looked up the numbers. Seems UFC 3 sold 1.2 million copies. THQ said 2 million copies was the break even point for that game. Compare that to 3.7 million that UFC 1 sold.

For the record, UFC 2 sold slightly over 2 million copies.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #302
General Mike
Pro Starter

And in good news, Tomba! is being released in the PlayStation store as a PSOne Classic this Tuesday

Last edited by General Mike : 06-17-2012 at 09:52 PM.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #303
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Not sure why they'd need to sell 2 million of UFC to break even. Sure it was different than the first two versions but not THAT much. It's not like they were designing a brand new game.

I think any game that you NEED to sell 2 million copies in order to break even is by itself pretty disastrous. Very few games sell that much, so you're taking a HUGE risk.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #304
mckerney
Coordinator

It's not that outrageous for a AAA game. Depending on how much money went to UFC in the licensing deal that would probably put development costs somewhere in the ballpark of $35-50 million, not including things like advertising and distribution.

No one would really question you for saying THQ has made some poor business decisions though.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:55 PM   #305
mckerney
Coordinator

For one comparison to another AAA game (and to reference the poor sales cited from last page), Max Payne 3 had a development cost of around $100 million and has sold less than 1.5 million copies so far.

Last edited by mckerney : 06-17-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #306
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
For one comparison to another AAA game (and to reference the poor sales cited from last page), Max Payne 3 had a development cost of around $100 million and has sold less than 1.5 million copies so far.

The last(only?) sales figure for Max Payne I have seen said 400k in month one. So I would say that is way shy of 1.5 million.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #307
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I can see the issue with Max Payne though. It reviewed well, but it is another "short" blockbuster game with little replay value.

I recently purchased the game, beat it in two days and was left fairly underwhelmed. Game relies on the same thing every room. You enter room, you are all alone, 4 guys race in and take you by "surprise." It gets old after two days, I couldn't imagine playing through it again. I'm actually a little shocked this is a Rockstar game. Not the quality I expect from them.

I can't tell you the number of times I have been "killed" by cheap deaths either. You run around the corner and there is a guy with a shotgun camping you. I expect this crap from Call of Duty online deathmatches, but would prefer they leave it out of my single player action games. The only saving grace is that in this game you can get out of death if you can shoot the guy who killed you before you hit the ground.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #308
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Some leaked info on the next MS console shows they are taking a long term approach, and have some pretty big ambitions.

Xbox 720 document leak reveals $299 console with Kinect 2 for 2013, Kinect Glasses project | The Verge
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #309
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

As a PC gamer, the 10 year life cycle is frustrating, IF TRUE. Six times more powerful by next year will still lag behind PC, yet alone ten years from now. Can't help but wonder how much PC gaming will be held back by a 10 year life cycle, underpowered, console.

EDIT: But if the documents were from 2010, who knows what has changed. Unfortunately, I'd bet the hardware is probably the least changed. If it has, I doubt it would be anything dramatic.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 06-18-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #310
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
The last(only?) sales figure for Max Payne I have seen said 400k in month one. So I would say that is way shy of 1.5 million.

The 440k in month one was from NPD was US only I believe. VG Chartz has Max Payne 3 selling about 1.57 million copies at retail (excluding digital download purchases) globally through June 9th. Still not a good showing for something with the budget that Max Payne had.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #311
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Some leaked info on the next MS console shows they are taking a long term approach, and have some pretty big ambitions.

Xbox 720 document leak reveals $299 console with Kinect 2 for 2013, Kinect Glasses project | The Verge

As always, price point is key. If they can get the console + Kinect 2 for that price point, I think most are going to consider that a very good value on launch date.

The glasses seem like a disaster in the making, but the focus doesn't appear to be on that portion of the document. That looks more like something they hope will fly, but they're not banking on it. They'd be smart to do that, because the VR glasses/3D glasses thing is going to be a short flash in the pan. The technology to do those things without glasses is already here and will become cheaper in short order, much like what we saw with Blu-ray.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:12 PM   #312
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
They'd be smart to do that, because the VR glasses/3D glasses thing is going to be a short flash in the pan.

Based on the description in that doc, they are not VR glasses / 3D glasses. They are AR glasses, putting an overlay on whatever you are looking through. Time will tell if this type of technology will pan out in the end, but it's basically like the HUD in a fighter jet.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #313
mckerney
Coordinator

Leak: "Xbox Surface" gets detailed? - Neowin

Another possible leak of specs for next XBox.

Last edited by mckerney : 06-18-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #314
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Based on the description in that doc, they are not VR glasses / 3D glasses. They are AR glasses, putting an overlay on whatever you are looking through. Time will tell if this type of technology will pan out in the end, but it's basically like the HUD in a fighter jet.

Even that sounds pretty iffy. Not a whole lot of real value added there and you have to get the developers to buy in for it to work.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #315
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Even that sounds pretty iffy. Not a whole lot of real value added there and you have to get the developers to buy in for it to work.

Sounds like what was being said about the Kinect when it was announced.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #316
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Sounds like what was being said about the Kinect when it was announced.

Not really. Kinect (and Move for that matter) were both based on technology that already existed in some form thanks to the Wii. There was precedent there. This is a totally new technology with relatively limited new application. There's already a HUD on most games that can be turned on or off. Adding that into a pair of glasses isn't going to add much to the experience. Perhaps there's more to come, but it just doesn't sounds like a whole lot to add.

I'm not sure it really matters anyway. If they can provide the console and Kinect for $299, they'll sell well and be just fine. The glasses are just bonus if they sell at any level.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #317
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Have you checked out the AR apps that are coming out for phones already? Look, it may not end up working out, but to pretend that somehow the entire concept of AR is dead on arrival is patently absurd, given the number of people / groups working on such technology.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #318
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Have you checked out the AR apps that are coming out for phones already? Look, it may not end up working out, but to pretend that somehow the entire concept of AR is dead on arrival is patently absurd, given the number of people / groups working on such technology.

I'm not pretending it's DOA in any way. I'm simply stating that I believe the application of the glasses is a pretty limited concept. There is probably a market for it at some level, but I'd say it's a small one. I think this is one of those types of accessories that leads to a future concept with much more potential.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #319
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm assuming the 299 console will be subsidized with a Live subscription. I can't imagine the hardware will be that cheap to manufacture. Or that they will be willing to take a significant loss on each unit.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #320
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm assuming the 299 console will be subsidized with a Live subscription. I can't imagine the hardware will be that cheap to manufacture. Or that they will be willing to take a significant loss on each unit.

I would guess exactly that. Big loss on the console, but subscription required.

As a PS3 regular, I really hope this forces the PS4 to a similar price point AND forces them to release next year. If MS gets a console out at that price and Sony releases a year later, they're going to be in big trouble. Release timing is crucial when you're dealing with a sub-$300 launch price.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #321
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would guess exactly that. Big loss on the console, but subscription required.

As a PS3 regular, I really hope this forces the PS4 to a similar price point AND forces them to release next year. If MS gets a console out at that price and Sony releases a year later, they're going to be in big trouble. Release timing is crucial when you're dealing with a sub-$300 launch price.

I agree. And with my car payments set to end shortly, I shall be flush with cash for new video games.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #322
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Anyone try this Krater game on Steam? Looks pretty interesting. Wondering how far $15 goes with it.

Wot I Think: Krater | Rock, Paper, Shotgun

RPS review of Krater, has some of the same reactions that I do. Short version after a couple more hours of play for me is that there are a lot of great ideas behind the game but there's a failure to put them all together properly. It results in a mediocre experience where you feel like you're missing out on something more that should be there.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #323
mckerney
Coordinator

News on a couple upcoming releases. Orcs Must Die 2 is slated to be released July 30th and Saint's Row 3: Enter the Dominatrix is being canceled and the content is being rolled back into Saint's Row 4.

I'm a bit surprised by the Saint's Row news as THQ could probably use the revenue from it, but I guess it makes sense that it will help them put out a full $60 release sooner.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #324
spleen1015
Coordinator

Have they even announced any thing about Saints Row 4?
Old 06-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #325
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Have they even announced any thing about Saints Row 4?

Not before now. I think this basically is their announcement, as the team had been working on a stand alone expansion due later this year but instead that will become the groundwork for Saints Row 4 which will launch in the second half of 2013.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #326
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Former Boston Red Sox Curt Schilling says baseball fortune is all gone after company crash - ESPN Boston
Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #327
spleen1015
Coordinator

I wonder if there is a any chance that a bigger company buys them.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #328
mckerney
Coordinator

It's possible, but I'd be surprised if there are any big publishers that are looking to invest a lot in an MMO right now. Especially after the flop that was The Old Republic. I'd have to come cheap. Rhode Island would have to be willing to just get anything they could for it.

Not sure how much the KoA IP is worth, though I wouldn't mind seeing someone pick up the Rise of Nations IP (which I think 38 purchase from Microsoft).
Old 06-29-2012, 06:35 PM   #329
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I can see the issue with Max Payne though. It reviewed well, but it is another "short" blockbuster game with little replay value.

I recently purchased the game, beat it in two days and was left fairly underwhelmed. Game relies on the same thing every room. You enter room, you are all alone, 4 guys race in and take you by "surprise." It gets old after two days, I couldn't imagine playing through it again. I'm actually a little shocked this is a Rockstar game. Not the quality I expect from them.

I can't tell you the number of times I have been "killed" by cheap deaths either. You run around the corner and there is a guy with a shotgun camping you. I expect this crap from Call of Duty online deathmatches, but would prefer they leave it out of my single player action games. The only saving grace is that in this game you can get out of death if you can shoot the guy who killed you before you hit the ground.

Thank you.. I've been disappointed in this game myself. Almost just seems like the whole game is predetermined and the cheap deaths are really pissing me off. I should be able to hide and ambush people, but it's more like a run and hit the bullet time button and hope for the best.

Hopefully I'll be done soon and can trade it in.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #330
whomario
Pro Starter

will anyone here get Endless Space ? Sounds very interesting plus seems to be a good mix of detail and hand-off type gameplay so that it´s not all that overwhelming.

What does in cost on steam in us dollar ? 30 ?

Also, has anyone played the new Tour de France game yet ? (the management version of it)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 07-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:29 PM   #331
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
will anyone here get Endless Space ? Sounds very interesting plus seems to be a good mix of detail and hand-off type gameplay so that it´s not all that overwhelming.

I was about to ask the same thing. I bought it after reading good things about the beta from people on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Chris Kluwe on Twitter. Haven't really gotten into it yet though. Will probably play it tonight if I'm not playing too much Dota 2.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #332
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was about to ask the same thing. I bought it after reading good things about the beta from people on Rock, Paper, Shotgun and Chris Kluwe on Twitter. Haven't really gotten into it yet though. Will probably play it tonight if I'm not playing too much Dota 2.

Let me know what you think of it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #333
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Also, has anyone played the new Tour de France game yet ? (the management version of it)

Yes. $30.

Yes...I'm playing Pro Cycling Manager 2012 (the management version for PC, not the Console game).
Old 07-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #334
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I'll be picking it up soon. So far everything I've heard and read about it suggests it's the best 4x space game since MOO2.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #335
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'll be picking it up soon. So far everything I've heard and read about it suggests it's the best 4x space game since MOO2.

Yeah? I could use a good 4x space game...
Old 07-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #336
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

Those words are music to my ears.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #337
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yes...I'm playing Pro Cycling Manager 2012 (the management version for PC, not the Console game).

Any general impressions?
Old 07-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Pro Cycling Manager 2012
-I like it. I hadn't bought a copy in ohh...3 years. So I like the fact that now you can't "ghost" through AI riders. And I like some of the other changes that have been made in the interim (although that means I can't tell you what changed from last year for example).
-It could use a bit more patching in terms of tightening up the gameplay a bit - Cyanide does actually patch this game and fix it up pretty well, so I think it will get them.
-Waiting for the community database before I start a real long term career, but been fiddling with one using a custom team I created that has Andy Schleck, Samuel Sanchez, Rui Costa, Marcel Kittel, and a bunch of domestiques. Tops in the team rankings in the second-tier (Continental?), although I can't quite figure out how to get Schleck to perform at his best yet.
-I've never been GREAT at it...there are some peculiarities with the way to play it (make sure you read tips and tricks on the pcmdaily.com website) as far as setting up sprint trains and how to operate on mountains (summarized quickly: set your guys to "ride to effort" and not "maintain position."
-That being said - I won a sprint with Kittel, I won the Top 3 places in the King of the Mountain standings in a secondary stage-race, I had a team-breakaway succeed, I almost won with a long-breakaway by a couple riders on a hilly 1-day classic, and I placed a VERY CLOSE 2nd on a sprint with some random sprinter on a secondary 1-day classic. So I think maybe I'm better than I think I am? That being said - I'm playing on "Easy" for sure.

I like it. Worth the purchase for me, although like I said...maybe not an "every year" type purchase, but more of an "every couple year" type thing.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-05-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #339
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Reviews I've just read say that combat isn't anything of particular note?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #340
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Pro Cycling Manager 2012
-I like it. I hadn't bought a copy in ohh...3 years. So I like the fact that now you can't "ghost" through AI riders. And I like some of the other changes that have been made in the interim (although that means I can't tell you what changed from last year for example).
-It could use a bit more patching in terms of tightening up the gameplay a bit - Cyanide does actually patch this game and fix it up pretty well, so I think it will get them.
-Waiting for the community database before I start a real long term career, but been fiddling with one using a custom team I created that has Andy Schleck, Samuel Sanchez, Rui Costa, Marcel Kittel, and a bunch of domestiques. Tops in the team rankings in the second-tier (Continental?), although I can't quite figure out how to get Schleck to perform at his best yet.
-I've never been GREAT at it...there are some peculiarities with the way to play it (make sure you read tips and tricks on the pcmdaily.com website) as far as setting up sprint trains and how to operate on mountains (summarized quickly: set your guys to "ride to effort" and not "maintain position."
-That being said - I won a sprint with Kittel, I won the Top 3 places in the King of the Mountain standings in a secondary stage-race, I had a team-breakaway succeed, I almost won with a long-breakaway by a couple riders on a hilly 1-day classic, and I placed a VERY CLOSE 2nd on a sprint with some random sprinter on a secondary 1-day classic. So I think maybe I'm better than I think I am? That being said - I'm playing on "Easy" for sure.

I like it. Worth the purchase for me, although like I said...maybe not an "every year" type purchase, but more of an "every couple year" type thing.

I'm considering this year's iteration, as I've skipped three years I think. I too have had a smattering of success at the Continental level with specific riders in shorter stage races especially with sprints and King of Mountain type of events. I haven't been able to do much either with individual riders or with the team as a whole in the overall competitions in longer tours. It is fun though, and I have enjoyed seeing a couple of my stand outs from three years back perform in real life.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #341
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Reviews I've just read say that combat isn't anything of particular note?

A friend has it and says that combat is probably the weakest part of the game, but there isn't a big focus on combat so it's more of an annoyance than a major issue.

I just picked it up on steam. I should have some time to play around with it late this evening.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #342
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A friend has it and says that combat is probably the weakest part of the game, but there isn't a big focus on combat so it's more of an annoyance than a major issue.

I just picked it up on steam. I should have some time to play around with it late this evening.

Great - let me know how it is!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #343
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
I'm considering this year's iteration, as I've skipped three years I think. I too have had a smattering of success at the Continental level with specific riders in shorter stage races especially with sprints and King of Mountain type of events. I haven't been able to do much either with individual riders or with the team as a whole in the overall competitions in longer tours. It is fun though, and I have enjoyed seeing a couple of my stand outs from three years back perform in real life.

My team is overall ranked #1 Continental.

I've got some good riders - Wout Pouls for example, who is like #4 in the White Jersey in this year's TdF so far, and then some big-name studs who don't belong on Continental (Schleck, Sanchez, Rui Costa) who are no doubt propping me up too.

But for a once every 3 year purchase, this year's version is definitely a HUGE upgrade from the last version I played. Once the community DB is out with the tweaking of rider attributes I'm sure it will be even better...right now I'm still playing around more just to like...learn the gameplay mechanics.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-05-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #344
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'm curious as well. Love 4X games.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My team is overall ranked #1 Continental.

I've got some good riders - Wout Pouls for example, who is like #4 in the White Jersey in this year's TdF so far, and then some big-name studs who don't belong on Continental (Schleck, Sanchez, Rui Costa) who are no doubt propping me up too.

But for a once every 3 year purchase, this year's version is definitely a HUGE upgrade from the last version I played. Once the community DB is out with the tweaking of rider attributes I'm sure it will be even better...right now I'm still playing around more just to like...learn the gameplay mechanics.

Sweet. I just won Cholet-Pays de Loire with Rui Costa in a one v. one sprint vs. Christophe Riblon (Schleck faded at the end to finish 18th, despite riding with Rui Costa all day up until the last 3k - Rui Costa was on +5 form while Schleckie was on a +0 form), also placing Richie Porte and Bauke Mollema in the Top 25.

Had Rui Costa break on the last hill (it's a loop-race) with a 9% gradient after being protected all race, Riblon and Schleck were the only two who could stay with him when he punched it up to 85 "on the dot" (the --->o button), Schleck faded back at like 1.5k when I had Rui Costa take Riblon's wheel, and then at around 1k I hit sprint and blew Riblon away.

Feels great!!

LOL...and I totally don't got it. Proceeded to blow a perfect leadout train and well-conserved Marcel Kittel in the next race as the leadout train splintered in the last 10k and I couldn't grab anybody's wheel at the end. Bah.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-06-2012 at 01:15 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #346
mckerney
Coordinator

Activision Reveals Walking Dead First-Person Shooter - IGN

This doesn't interest me quite as much as the Telltale Walking Dead games, but will be interesting to see how it turns out.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #347
mckerney
Coordinator

SimCity

Quote:
Multiplayer is a key focus of SimCity, and players are part of the SimCity world. Everything you do at your city level and your region level bubbles up, and you’re all connected through leaderboards, through global markets, and through challenges that you can compete in.

The other city is really focused on harvesting coal and resource gain. That city’s going to look different, play different – they’re actually playing this resource-management game where they’re building coal mines, and they’re either going to sell that coal on the global market, trade it with other players, or turn it into manufactured goods.

hey’ll have leaderboards, so the coal player has their own leaderboards, missions, and achievements. Playing alone, you’re only going to get to a certain level. Your coal business and your city are only going to be so successful.

Our single-player is still considered multiplayer,

When you create your region, you could just set it to private and play any one of those cities by yourself. You’re jumping around between the cities and playing that way.

We have several levels. We have a mission structure, so you’ll be able to complete missions within your city. Very simple, “put out 10 fires with your fire station” style missions. We have larger, collaborative missions where players are going to work together at the region level.

We are building a multiplayer experience. That is our goal.

My God, each line is more sickening than the last. Why must they do this with SimCity? All they had to do was take the GlassBox improvements and remove the region restrictions of SimCity 4, let me build one giant city ass I see fit. Let me decide how I want to build it, either all in one style or residential, industrial and tourism spread throughout the city if that's what I want. Who out there wanted to do a mission about putting out fires only to be told afterwards that BallDrape72 did it in a better time?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #348
mckerney
Coordinator

At least there are some things that will never change in gaming.

PC News: Molyneux's first post-Microsoft game dated and detailed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Quote:
Molyneux claims the mystery at the centre of the cube "is so valuable and so life-changingly important".

"It's so amazing I think it will appear on news reports," Molyneux said elsewhere in the presentation, "though it's not a dead cat, by the way."
Old 07-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #349
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SimCity

My God, each line is more sickening than the last. Why must they do this with SimCity? All they had to do was take the GlassBox improvements and remove the region restrictions of SimCity 4, let me build one giant city ass I see fit. Let me decide how I want to build it, either all in one style or residential, industrial and tourism spread throughout the city if that's what I want. Who out there wanted to do a mission about putting out fires only to be told afterwards that BallDrape72 did it in a better time?

I hear BallDrape 72 is one hell of a SimCity player (but, yeah, it sucks)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #350
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Wow those last few posts really make it look like gaming has jumped the shark.

Thankfully there's still a lot of great games still being made. Unfortunately for the big publishers, they're usually not the ones making them.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote