Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #301
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Now I'm just a grunt, but this was in my inbox today.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #302
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I am not an alien. Lynching me is just going to put the numbers more in the aliens' favor.

I believe in Swaggs. Killing him is a mistake.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:23 PM   #303
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

You spend the night after breaking into Schmidty's room listening.A noise makes you peek your head out into the hallway. Up the hallway, you see a person slip into a room up the hallway.. after a couple seconds a horribe scream comes out, sending you to duck back in to the room till the scream stops.

You've heard that scream once before.. in Buenos Aires, on a terror mission. That's the sound of someone being turned into a Chryssalid-Zombie!

You have a chance to identify the Chryssalid player.

Give me 3 names sometime today. If you survive the day, you will know if any of that group resembles the Chryssalid.

(I will not tell you which one of the three is the Chryssalid, I just will tell you that one of the three IS or IS NOT the Chryssalid)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #304
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So I picked:

Blade

Peregrine

Neon_Chaos
Old 07-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #305
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Just got this info back from the data recorder (OOC: Sir Fozzie).
Old 07-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #306
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What??? So tell! This will make the difference if you know who's a Chryssalid!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #307
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

tension building

"I can hardly stand the suspense...I hope it'll last."
Old 07-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #308
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

SirFozzie
GM

Re: 3 picks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Neon Chaos

Blade

Peregrine

The Chryssalid IS in that group.

Choose wisely.

Teams and shizzle: Boston College (FOFC FBCB) Boston Red Sox (RWBL)

"All under heaven is chaos, and the situation is excellent." -Chairman Mao
Old 07-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #309
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Take it for what it's worth boys, your man Qwikshot, the lowly grunt, came through.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #310
hoopsguy
General Manager

Either a genius play by Qwikshot or we are getting played late.

I think everyone knows where I'm leaving my vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #311
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm hoping that if we kill the Chryssalid, then the aliens can't make more.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:28 PM   #312
digamma
Torchbearer

Given that information, I'm going to Vote NEON CHAOS.

I'll be out of pocket for about an hour and a half. Hope we made the right call.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:29 PM   #313
digamma
Torchbearer

Actually, UNVOTE NEON CHAOS.

I'm going to go with your gut hoopsguy.

VOTE BLADE
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:30 PM   #314
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hmm that changes everything Qwik. I know I'm not an alien, but between Blade and Neon, hmm. Both are fairly suspicious.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #315
JeeberD
General Manager

Due to recent info...

Unvote Swaggs

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #316
Vince
Pro Starter

Qwik -- was this all random? You didn't ask to break into Schmidty's room, you were just told you did?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Biggest factor I can see for voting Neon is that he wasn't around much today - he is usually an active poster although I don't have his patterns committed to memory. Is this the rationale, digamma? Or just drawing straws among those three?

Edit - NM, see that you have changed vote.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-25-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #318
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Either a genius play by Qwikshot or we are getting played late.

I think everyone knows where I'm leaving my vote.

I'm not a genius, just a grunt...this is the god's truth what happened.

I think we should

Vote Blade

I might not agree with Neon Chaos...and I'm not sure of Peregrine, but I nailed one of those aliens, we got a 33% chance on getting one of these buggers.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #319
Raiders Army
Coordinator

*pulling back a bit*

How do we know you say who you are? If I remember correctly, you're one of the bandwagon guys on Schmidty last night. Could this be a cover?

Then again, you haven't been a target today...

Crap, I just don't know at this point whether to trust this "fortuitous" piece of knowledge...and it isn't even accurate. If you could finger someone for sure it would make a stronger case. Bringing it down to three people, even if you're proven wrong, you could hide behind the fact that you weren't sure and that one of the three is an alien.

Shit, we knew that there was a 33% chance we'd get an alien today, so what makes your odds so much better? I'm going to have to think about whether to trust you or not.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #320
Peregrine
Pro Starter

unvote Swaggs

vote Blade

If it's not him, we know that Neon should be next.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:32 PM   #321
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Qwik -- was this all random? You didn't ask to break into Schmidty's room, you were just told you did?

I had a letter in my inbox, I simply did what I was told to do...
Old 07-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #322
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I think the issue is that Blade might indeed be one of the initial aliens -- and that if the converted person were to have passed along the initial grunt role and all of its description, that Blade could have repeated that and made him look like he had at least started the game as a grunt.

This really makes me think...

Old 07-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #323
Vince
Pro Starter

I unvote Swaggs. I'm not really sure where to go now, but for now I'm not going to keep my vote there.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #324
Swaggs
Coordinator

Unvote hoopsguy

Peregrine is (obviously) a very experienced player. He put me back on my heels by questioning some of my logic, but he, more than anyone else, should know that my strategy to get the numbers lined up, while perhaps not the best, is a fairly sound strategy, as it has worked in the past. That is suspicious.

Now, using Qwikshot's information, it would make sense that the aliens would target him, either to get him to join them or to get them off of our side by killing him.

Blade6119 presents a big question, as well. If a grunt was converted last night, he would either have that role description as his own or be able to share it with the aliens (if they can communicate).
Swaggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #325
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
*pulling back a bit*

How do we know you say who you are? If I remember correctly, you're one of the bandwagon guys on Schmidty last night. Could this be a cover?

Then again, you haven't been a target today...

Crap, I just don't know at this point whether to trust this "fortuitous" piece of knowledge...and it isn't even accurate. If you could finger someone for sure it would make a stronger case. Bringing it down to three people, even if you're proven wrong, you could hide behind the fact that you weren't sure and that one of the three is an alien.

Shit, we knew that there was a 33% chance we'd get an alien today, so what makes your odds so much better? I'm going to have to think about whether to trust you or not.

I know one of the 3 is an alien, just not which one.

If you doubt it, then you are more paranoid then you should be.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll try not to gloat But seriously, if it isn't Blade then we are going to have a battle royale tomorrow between Peregrine and Neon.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #327
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
This really makes me think...

For what it's worth, I don't think it was my idea initially I was just trying to point something out to Peregrine that I had seen someone else post earlier.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #328
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:

Honestly, if we're getting to the point where we think people would be making up fake PMs from the moderator, this game is already gone. SirFozzie would be coming down hard on people making up PMs from him, hell even posting PMs from him is way against the rules in most WW games.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #329
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Biggest factor I can see for voting Neon is that he wasn't around much today - he is usually an active poster although I don't have his patterns committed to memory. Is this the rationale, digamma? Or just drawing straws among those three?

Edit - NM, see that you have changed vote.
Actually, Neon's pretty active, but he's in a different TZ than the rest of us so he's active late in the day. Today is a good example of the pattern.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #330
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
unvote Swaggs

vote Blade

If it's not him, we know that Neon should be next.

Of course, you finish that circle, of course, if it is you, then a lot more damage is going to be done...I'm hoping Blade is the one.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #331
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I might not agree with Neon Chaos...and I'm not sure of Peregrine, but I nailed one of those aliens, we got a 33% chance on getting one of these buggers.
This confirms what I thought. We posted our messages at the same time, you coming in a little earlier. What makes your chances any better than we already had? If you could give a better than 33% chance, I'd go with you. Actually, by ignoring you we have a 35.7% chance of hitting an alien tonight. I just don't understand why you came up with this information at the last second.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:35 PM   #332
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
For what it's worth, I don't think it was my idea initially I was just trying to point something out to Peregrine that I had seen someone else post earlier.

I posted that idea.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:36 PM   #333
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
This confirms what I thought. We posted our messages at the same time, you coming in a little earlier. What makes your chances any better than we already had? If you could give a better than 33% chance, I'd go with you. Actually, by ignoring you we have a 35.7% chance of hitting an alien tonight. I just don't understand why you came up with this information at the last second.

I was waiting for the information of the 3 picks...I just got it like 10 to 20 minutes ago and was debating how to present it....(I think Sir Fozzie did that on purpose).
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #334
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
If you doubt it, then you are more paranoid then you should be.
LOL. And is there an upper limit to the paranoia in this game? The only person I can trust for sure is me. The other is Schmidty but he's dead...in part, because of your vote.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #335
JeeberD
General Manager

Vote Blade6119

Qwik's info combined with X-Com's need for Blade's blood decides this one for me...

Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #336
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

So if I've got this right, now we have two votes for Swaggs and five for Blade.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-25-2005, 06:37 PM   #337
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Make that six.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:38 PM   #338
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dammit, now I'm either suspicious for voting late for Blade, or suspicious for not voting for him at all.

Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #339
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well played, SirFozzie. And Qwikshot as well.

Peregrine, what are the usual rules on posting PM messages in game? This is the second time today we've seen a pretty detailed accounting of the word of SirFozzie making an appearance.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #340
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This vote will kill two birds (hopefully Chrysalises) in one stone. Blade is going to be getting a lot of votes from people anyway if he survives tonight, and he's on the list. So even if he doesn't turn out to be a bad guy he makes sense. If he's good and still receiving so many votes he's masking the bad guys and indirectly helping them.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:40 PM   #341
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Peregrine, what are the usual rules on posting PM messages in game? This is the second time today we've seen a pretty detailed accounting of the word of SirFozzie making an appearance.

Really depends on the game, I tell people they can post the gist of what I tell them, but not exact quotes. A lot of games are even more strict and even implying that "the mod told you X" is a major infraction of the rules. But it's SirFozzie's game and he can decide how he wants to run it this time.

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-25-2005 at 06:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #342
Vince
Pro Starter

Currently, it looks like blade is the one who is going to get the axe tonight -- I count 4 votes right now (hoopsguy, digamma, Qwik and Peregrine). So we have a couple of options...

1) Blade is a Chryssalid. He's shot, we find out, there is much rejoicing. There are still 4 other aliens...unless his converted zombie person dies with him (they don't in the video game, not sure if they will in this game).

2) Blade is not a Chryssalid, but an X-Com agent. He's shot, turns out to be innocent, and we're in deep shit. The Chryssalid may or may not have a chance to convert another person, and we're looking at 5 against 7 as our BEST CASE scenario -- that's if they don't get to kill AND they don't get to convert in the evening.

3) Blade is not a Chryssalid, but a different sort of Alien. He's shot, we're happy...but the Chryssalid might be out there converting someone ELSE tonight.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...we need to remember that even if one of these three is the Chryssalid, there are still at least 3 other aliens and one converted person out there.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #343
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Really depends on the game, I tell people they can post the gist of what I tell them, but not exact quotes. A lot of games are even more strict and even implying that "the mod told you X" is a major infraction of the rules. But it's SirFozzie's game and he can decide how he wants to run it this time.

I did ask if I could publically state all of this...I was told I could do so at my own risk.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #344
Swaggs
Coordinator

The best outcome here (in addition to me not getting lynched ) would be to get an alien on this try and have then be left with a 1 in 2 chance of getting the Chryssalid.

If this is a bluff by Qwikshot, it could throw us on a wild goose chase for the next three days and lose us the game.

Does anyone else have anything else, at all, to add (dreams, notes, alibi,etc)?
Old 07-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #345
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well played, SirFozzie. And Qwikshot as well.

I was going to save this until AFTER the 8:00 PM deadline, but it's quite obvious who has the votes.

I'll tell you what it is:

I didn't want people posting FULL UNEDITED PM's of mine into the game. I have been at work and at Physical Therapy for my shoulder all game, so I just got the "3 picks" 2 minutes from when I sent it.

The player DID ask permission to break this info in game. I thought Qwik meant that could he relay the information in game, not post me word for word.

Shit. Trying to figure out how to figure this out.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #346
Swaggs
Coordinator

Well, I guess that covers Qwik's butt.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #347
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I was going to save this until AFTER the 8:00 PM deadline, but it's quite obvious who has the votes.

I'll tell you what it is:

I didn't want people posting FULL UNEDITED PM's of mine into the game. I have been at work and at Physical Therapy for my shoulder all game, so I just got the "3 picks" 2 minutes from when I sent it.

The player DID ask permission to break this info in game. I thought Qwik meant that could he relay the information in game, not post me word for word.

Shit. Trying to figure out how to figure this out.

Sorry then...I figured I could roleplay it into some computer analysis thingie...but I figured the only way I could accuse these three was with some proof.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #348
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure Qwik is not making this up. If I were modding a game I'd kick a player out for posting faked PMs from me, and I think SirFozzie would do the same. Hopefully as he said, we can get rid of the whole PM posting issue and get back to killing us some aliens.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #349
JeeberD
General Manager

Well, that just proves that Qwik ain't bluffing...

Old 07-25-2005, 06:47 PM   #350
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Okay. Then SirFozzie confirms that Qwik is on the level. Proof is in the pudding. I have to:

Unvote kingfc22
Vote Blade

I'm not sure if that was a slip-up, but evidently Qwik is for real.