Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2022, 04:25 PM   #451
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
After looking at the picture on the calendar, I can see why this is probably a struggle bus. I think this island is really a huge turtle with a flipping city on it's shell.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:28 PM   #452
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, June 23

As I am nearly ready to give up hope of reaching land, a boat paddles up to me to help me out of the water. The man seems friendly enough and reaches out his hand without question.

I can either take his hand and get on the boat
or
Rob the man and push him overboard. D20+STR.

I'm going to struggle with this...Syntax, Mori'an, and Astrid will likely try to rob this guy, though...since they have negative virtue.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #453
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
For those not on the evil path:

The man helps you and your belongings into the boat. He ties a rope around the horse to help guide it as well.

"Well, that was quite the sight to see, watching you appear out of nowhere. Sorry it took so long to get here. I thought you was one of those demons that fell out of the sky a while back. You scared me for a second thinking more of them had come back again."

Lyric, being the only non bad virtue person with an ability to pickpocket, gains 2g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 06-30-2022 at 04:01 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 03:59 PM   #454
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
For my baddies, they lose a virtue point. The man helps them in, ties up the horse alongside the boat, and then gets knocked into the water for his trouble. He gets a swing in on Syntax, who spends 1g to recover the lost HP.

The man will likely drown, but they have his boat which they can sell for 10g at the island.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:03 PM   #455
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, June 24

Va 'Tortu

The island you were headed to was actually a giant turtle (I knew it!). I step off the boat and climb up to the city on the turtle. I glance around and see nothing but a vast ocean on this world. I begin to explore. It feels a little uneasy at first as I sense all the movement...the heaving, swaying motion of the turtle and it's strokes in the water.

I'm to visit places in the turtle city and converse with it's people.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:10 PM   #456
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Martha's Medical Supplies

A lady named Martha runs a clothing shop and medical supply adjacent to each other. The small island sees many people doing double duty to keep it running. The prices seem quite steep.

In keeping with everyone has at least 2 potions, except Syntax, the following HP potions were bought at 7g:
Mori'an 1
Lyric 2
Faris 1
Wolfrik 1

Of intrigue here was a Greater HP potion for 12g. 2D8 restored. I like that idea, but not right now. The others dealt with restoring from death, which I'm not worried about right now either.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:13 PM   #457
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Turtleback Tavern

The best algea ales and fluffy beds at sea. They'll all pay the 5g for the rest.

Meal rations are also available. I think I'm going to risk it here and not buy any. Not having a ration cost 1HP per ration needed. These rations cost 4g. That's 1HP to 4g and I think I can manage without it at that point.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:20 PM   #458
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Church of the Turtle

There's no one in worship at the moment but there is a church on the island. The people here worship the turtle they live on. The turtle brings life and safety. The turtle's evil nemesis appears to be a demon of the seas and weather.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:21 PM   #459
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The School Hall

There's a small single room schoolhouse on the island. From the window you can see an instructor pointing out the anatomy of a turtle. Another diagram shows different aggressive sea creatures one might encounter in the water. Outside, children are playing at recess...sliding down a steep slop on the shell of the turtle.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:26 PM   #460
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Everyone manages to sell their gold flower for 10g...the baddies sell the boat for an additional 10g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:27 PM   #461
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
June 25/26, The Weekend

It's Job Board Day. I find a job board. Even the people living on this island need a helping hand. I'll take some jobs to earn some coin.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:22 AM   #462
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Turtle Cleaning Needed

D20+CON+Animal Tamer

I meet a chummy little gnome on the port flipper of the turtle. "We take good care of our home here. The Great Turtle gives to us and blesses us, so we show our appreciation to her by cleaning her up," he says. He hands me a scraper and tells me to get to work cleaning the algae and barnacles that have accumulated on the turtle.

Sir Gareth, Syntax, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid all spend a lot of time on the turtle, cleaning her flipper. Her movements are powerful, and they got a little too rough on the cleaning. She knocks them off a few times. Getting back on adds to the effort. They're paid 4g.

The Professor, Tsavani, Mori'an, Lyric, and Faris spend a joyful time outside in the beautiful weather cleaning the turtle. There's something symbiotic and beautiful about the situation as you scrub her and enjoy the ride. They're paid 6g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:26 AM   #463
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Lookout Shift Open

D20+WIS

At night, not only do the ice weasels come (Ok, it didn't say that), I climb to the head of the turtle. A grumpy Draakon gives me a spyglass. "I need a break. The job is simple, even for you. Keep an eye out on where the turtle goes. If there are signs of ships or beasts in the water, just ring the bell. Got it?"

Syntax and Faris did not get it. They don't spot anything worth ringing the bell for. They get bored and end up dozing off a bit. The Draakon yells at them to wake up. He gives them 3g and tells them not to come back.

The rest are diligent about the work but don't spot anything. They're paid 6g.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:34 AM   #464
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Strong Swimmer Needed

D20+CON+Athlete

A shopkeeper named Tilly asks for help in retrieving some goods that have fallen off the turtle. "The last storm took some goods from the store and they got caught up and stuck in the turtle shell. Can you get them for me?"

The swim is difficult for all of them but they managed to retrieve the items for him. Everyone takes damage from it...some less than others.

Taking 3 damage:
Mori'an
Lyric
Wolfrik
Zilmora
Astrid

Taking 1 damage:
Sir Gareth
The Professor
Tsavani
Syntax
Faris


The reward comes tomorrow.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 07-01-2022 at 10:34 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:41 AM   #465
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday, June 27

The shop owner, Tilly, is unable to pay me for answering the job board. However, he offers me a magical item instead.

Choose from Water Ring, Cloak of Currents, or Helm of the Deep.

Water Ring: 1 CHA, 1 HP
Cloak of Currents: 1 CHA, 1 DEF
Helm of the Deep: 1 CHA, 1 DEF
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #466
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
A couple of decisions were made for me. Zilmora and The Professor had 2 like items already and both took the cloak. Mori'an also took the cloak.

Taking the ring were Syntax, Faris, and Astrid.

Taking the helm were Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Lyric, and Wolfrik.

Taking some gold off of Tilly were our pickpockets. Astrid got 1, Syntax 2, Mori'an 3, and Lyric got 4 and lost a virtue point.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 07-01-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:07 AM   #467
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday June 28

To travel further distances in and under the water in this world, I will need a proper mount for the environment. There is a stable at the tail end of the turtle that can help me. They also have some interesting magical means to accommodate travelers that already have a mount to help them underwater.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #468
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
A kind and quirky gnome greets you, "Nice to meet you. You say you need a companion that can carry you on land and water? That sounds a bit odd around here. It isn't every day we get a traveler from another world, though. I believe I can help you, though. We have some Seaquines that can do the job. If you want to trade that horse of yours, we can strike a deal. If you'd rather keep that horse, I know a spell that can help transform it so it can be ready for land or sea. The best part? It's safe and won't hurt your friend."
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:12 AM   #469
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
There's no difference between the Seaquine and the upgraded horse. They all trade their horse in for the Seaquine and give the gnome 10g as part of the trade.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:21 AM   #470
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wednesday, June 29

Two followers for hire. I may have to think on this one.

Tracker: 20 to hire, 10 for any upkeep...and I just suddenly realized I didn't pay the upkeep this last rest. I'll take care of that now as well.

Tracker provides +2 survivalist while traveling. Meh.
Lucky: Astrid's ability to be Lucky can no go to everyone.

Raiders: 20/10.
Stealthy +2 to sneak and remain hidden.
Danger Sense +2 to avoid traps and surprise hazards.

The first concern is that they're twice the cost of the last ones. I'll dig to see who has what. I may go ahead and hire one or the other for everyone...depending on what skills they already have.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:37 AM   #471
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Gold adjusted, the following hired the tracker:
The Professor
Tsavani
Syntax
Mori'an

The following hired the raiders:
Sir Gareth
Lyric
Wolfrik
Zilmora
Astrid
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:47 AM   #472
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, June 30

To the Shipwreck

The Sensor indicates the gate shard is south of my current position. With my seaquine, I leap off the turtle and dive underwater. A beautiful and unique world of oceanic mountains, canyons, and richly colorful reefs await me.

A) Travel the Eastern Route.
B) Travel the Western Route.

D20+WIS+Survivalist+Seaquines

The eastern route takes you past the mountains. The western route past the reef.

I will say first 5 east, next 5 west.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:57 AM   #473
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The eastern route:
Though the mountains are underwater, I feel more than comfortable traveling near these familiar terrain elements. Being able to travel near them while underwater feels like flying in the air.

This turns out to be the harder of the two routes, but everyone passes it easily. They stay close to the ground of the underwater mountains and ride the currents quickly and easily. None of the group (Sir Gareth, Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Mori'an) have rations, so they lose 1 HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 12:01 PM   #474
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Western route:

The other 5 (Lyric, Faris, Wolfrik, Zilmora, Astrid) go west to the bright colors of the Kala Reef. The opportunity to see such vivid colors in this spectacular world is too good to pass up. They pass close to the reef and enjoy the colors and textures they've never seen before. Unfortunately, the reef can be home to some deadly creatures as well.

Only one, Lyric, gets close enough to accidentally get hit by the reef. He loses 2 HP.

The rest have no problem keeping a safe distance while enjoying the scenery and make great time. No rations for Wolfrik or Astrid so they lose 1HP. Faris and Zilmora consume the last of their rations.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:07 PM   #475
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
It's been a minute. I had a crazy 4th, followed by a crazy 10 days or so in the middle of nowhere, Ohio. Let's get back to it.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:12 PM   #476
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, July 1

A shadow looms over me. It blocks out the light and causes the water to grow cold. I look up and see a monstrous beast of a crab headed in my direction. There will be no fighting this thing.

I will attempt to

1. Handle the fear of this giant crab. D20+WIS
then
2. Decipher what I know of crabs that could help. D20+INT+Student.
then
3. Use speed as the key to getting away from the beast. D20+DEX+Athlete
or Use stealth as the key to hiding from the beast. D20+DEX+Stealthy.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:42 PM   #477
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Nearly everyone fought the fear off. Clearing their head, they did what they needed to do to survive. Exceptions: Syntax and Wolfrik. They suffer -2 to each roll today. The fear took hold of them, unfortunately.

For Tsavani, Lyric, and Faris, the only things they knew about crabs were they tasted great with butter. This was no help at all.

Sir Gareth and Zilmora recalled crabs were slow so they decided to run for it and got a +1 bonus.

The Professor, Syntax, Mori'an, Wolfrik, and Astrid recalled that crabs have great eyesight and some were very fast and decided to hide. They gained +3 bonus to hiding.

Since five were already hiding, those with butter on their mind joined the sprinters.

Sprinting worked out well for Sir Gareth, Faris and Zilmora. They all escaped unharmed...but Tsavani and Lyric both got pinched and lost 3HP.

Hiding worked out for The Professor, Mori'an, and Astrid. Syntax and Wolfrik managed to stay hidden, but the crab still damages them as it passes by. They lose 2HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #478
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The Weekend, July 2-3

I arrive at the site of the shipwreck. My energy transference sensor tells me a piece of the Terralon Gate is near. The water is still. It's eerily calm right now and something doesn't feel right.

I am to
A) Remain calm and move slowly D20+DEX+Stealthy
or
B) Set a trap for whatever might be waiting for me. D20+WIS+Survival
or
C) Make a scene to scare whatever might be near. D20+STR+Intimidating


Today, we'll just play it to each individual's strength. This might mean one is used far less or not at all.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:07 PM   #479
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Attempting to move forward slowly were Tsavani, Lyric, and Astrid. Tsavani and Lyric struggled through the water, and it's not clear if they were doing a good job. Well it is now, I suppose. No bonus tomorrow. Astrid killed it, though, and gains +2 DMG tomorrow.

Those setting a trap were The Professor, Syntax, Faris, and Zilmora. All were successful with rations as bait and a little blood on top. Whatever's out there is sure to be confused. They all gain +2 Defense tomorrow.

Sir Gareth, Mori'an, and Wolfrik decided to stir things up. They make lots of noise and stir up sediment on the ocean floor. Sand and debris kick up everywhere. Anything nearby might suspect our friends are bigger than what they are. They gain +2 to attack tomorrow.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:09 PM   #480
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday, July 4

Three Trilons, fish-like people, swim up to attack. They were hoping to take whatever treasure this ship holds for themselves. They won't let me interfere. They're better swimmers than I am and their skin secretes some sort of neurotoxin.

3, one round battles ahead.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:49 PM   #481
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Killing all 3 Trilons were:
Sir Gareth (using 2SP)
Tsavani (using 1 Chi)
Faris
Zilmora (using a fireball somehow underwater)

They each gained 3g.


Killing 2 Trilons were:
The Professor (-1HP)
Mori'an (+1HP, what a guy)
Wolfrik (-2HP)

They each gained 2g.


Killing 1 Trilon were:
Syntax (-2HP)
Astrid (-2HP)

They each gained 1g

Lyric failed to kill any of them and lost 2HP in the process.

The Trilons that didn't die swam away in fear.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:20 PM   #482
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday, July 5

The ship has no growth on it. The wood appears freshly splintered and barely damaged by the water. Perhaps the heavy stone gate shard put a hole through the ship's hull.

I'm to navigate the wreckage. There are three decks. Rooms 1-4 on the first. 5-7 on the second. We finish traveling to the 3rd floor.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:29 PM   #483
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Room 1 is the crow's nest. It broke and fell onto the ship. The person on lookout likely got out before the ship sunk. They find a working eyeglass that can be sold for 3g.

Room 2 is the forecastle deck. It still holds a table and some playing cards scattered about. It appears some of the sailors were in the middle of a game when the ship was hit. They find 3g lying around.

Room 3 is the poop deck. It holds crates and smashed up boxes. They attempt to look through them. Everyone found a meal ration. The Professor, Syntax, Mori'an, Lyric, and Wolfrik also found aged wine.

Room 4 is the main deck. They find a body wrapped up in the ratlines. There's 2g on this pour soul. There's also an obvious hole here down to the second deck. Most made it through unscathed, but The Professor (-1HP), Mori'an (-2), and Wolfrik (-2) did not.

Room 5 is the forecastle holding the crew quarters. A few dead bodies here. Sir Gareth, Lyric, Faris, and Zilmora manage to find 5g here.

Room 6 is the sterncastle and where the captain's quarters are. He doesn't appear to have gone down with the ship. We find a lockbox in his desk. Syntax, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid all managed to pick the lock. They find 10g and a rusty key.

Room 7 is the gunroom full of cannons clustered together from when the ship sank. There are a few barrels of expensive gunpowder. Unfortunately, opening a barrel causes the powder to go everywhere. They all lose 1 (Sir Gareth, Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, Mori'an) or 2 (Lyric, Faris, Wolfrik, Zilmora, Astrid) HP in the process.

Lyric is down to 50% health and pops a potion. Regains 5HP.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.

Last edited by Poli : 07-15-2022 at 04:46 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:31 PM   #484
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Wednesday, July 6

I swim my way down through the cracks where the gate shard fell into the cargo hold. I rummage around while I try and find the gate shard. I sense movement in the back corner of the wreckage. Bright red eyes light up and fly at me. A demon attacks.

3 rounds, with wisdom for an attempt to banish.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:50 PM   #485
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
This was an impressive display of banishes by the troops. All of them banished the demon at some point except Lyric, who lost 3HP. Lyric was also the only one to battle the demon the entire way...and the demon got a way.

Everyone else gained 3g and +1 to a dice roll in a future moment.

There was some variance to the damage taken for the others though.

Losing 1HP:
Sir Gareth
Professor
Faris
Wolfrik (used a potion to regain 4HP after)
Zilmora
Astrid

Losing 2HP:
Mori'an

Losing 3HP:
Tsavani
Lyric (mentioned previously)
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 04:52 PM   #486
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Thursday, July 7

After dealing with the demon, I find the gate shard and need to collect it. I also find a locked chest sitting in the rubble. It's heavy and sure to contain something great. I need to get it open.

1. Take the gate shard. D20+WIS+Danger Sense.
Then
2. Use the rusty key, if owned.
or Pick the lock D20+DEX+Locksmith
or Smash the lock DMG
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:48 AM   #487
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
All but Faris and Wolfrik remember that sense of dread that fills their head as they approach the shard. They don't let it distract them

Faris ends up getting cursed and immediately uses her holy water.


Using their rusty key was Syntax, Faris, Zilmora, and Astrid.

Picking the lock came easy for Sir Gareth, The Professor, Tsavani, and Lyric.

Bashing it open finally were Mori'an and Wolfrik. Mori'an lost 1HP in the process. Wolfrik lost 2.

Inside was 10g, 1 health potion and 1 greater health potion.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 12:52 PM   #488
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Friday, July 8

To Wai Loko

The transference energy sensor is pointing me across the ocean. According to my maps and discoveries back at the Lost Library, the gate is likely in the underwater city of Wai Loko.

Travel the northern route or the southern route. D20+WIS+Survivalist+Mount

It looks like the northern route takes you past the Kala Reef and the southern route takes you through or over Claw Canyon.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:29 AM   #489
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The northern route has them avoiding the dark and potentially dangerous canyon. It will take longer going this route and will take them near the Kala Reef. Even in the dark waters of this world, they can still see the magnificent colors from here.

Going north were Sir Gareth, Tsavani, Mori'an, Faris, and Zilmora.

Sir Gareth and Tsavani got too close to the reef and got hung up...the journey taking longer for that reason. They use the 1 ration they had and lose 2 HP.

The others stay a safe distance from reef while still observing the beautiful reef structure and vibrant colors. They lose their ration.


The southern route is the more direct route to the Terralon Gate but has them crossing the dark waters over Claw Canyon. It's clear why it's called a canyon, the water is so dark and deep you can't see what lurks below.

Only Astrid finds any difficulty here. She got a little too deep when crossing the canyon and the water got frigid. She lost 1HP and her ration. The others safely navigated the canyon, staying well above the darker deep water and only lost their ration.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #490
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The Weekend, July 9/10

I float near an outcropping of underwater rocks and I get surprised by the slithering presence of a giant eel. It's large coiling body and sharp fangs could be deadly.

3 rounds of combat with a dexterity roll.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:39 AM   #491
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
The dexterity roll played a big part of this battle. Lose the roll and the eel has restrained you and you lose the ability to attack that round.

Only Zilmora, with the benefit of two spells, is able to win all three rounds and gains 3g.

Mori'an and Wolfrik failed to kill the eel and it got away.

Results for the crew:

Sir Gareth 2g, -1HP
The Professor 2g, -1HP
Tsavani 2g, -1HP
Syntax 1g, -3HP
Mori'an, -3HP
Lyric 2g, -2HP
Faris 1g, -2HP
Wolfrik 1g, -2HP
Zilmora, 3g
Astrid, 1g, -3HP

Lyric and Astrid hit the 50% threshold on HP and take potions. Lyric regained 4HP, Astrid got 5HP.

This was a bloodier than expected battle.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:43 AM   #492
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Monday July 11

I approach the large underwater city of Wai Loko where the Terralon Gate must be. It appears abandoned and lifeless except for the marine creatures that are swimming nearby.

What do I recall about the city? D20+INT+Student

I can then either
Find a local and ask for directions D20+CHA+Persuasive
or
Stay in the shadows and sneak inside D20+DEX+Stealthy
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 11:59 AM   #493
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Lyric didn't recall anything useful. Just that it's an underwater city.

Sir Gareth, Syntax, Faris, and Astrid recalled that the city is home a variety of species, some of which are hostile.

The Professor, Tsavani, Mori'an, Wolfrik, and Zilmora recalled the city has strict laws banning terrestrial and avian creatures. Any citizen is allowed to kill one on site.


So this changed what I was going to do overall for finding a local or staying in the shadows. The last five clearly know finding a local is a bad idea so they all try to lurk.

Sir Gareth and Lyric were the only ones, not knowing any better, to swim up to the first person they found, an elderly female Triton. She appears to be headed somewhere with her children. She's terrified of their presence and shields her children from you. Lyric was able to relax her but she's cautious in his presence. She points to a building in the center of the city and warns him that his presence will draw guards intent to kill him.

Sir Gareth didn't get that shot. She immediately screams and calls the attention of nearby Triton guards. Sir Gareth fought them off and they left for reinforcements. He lost 1HP in the process.


The Professor, Tsavani, Syntax, and Faris and secretly and silently made their way to the center of the city where the sensor indicates the Terralon Gate should be.

Mori'an, Wolfrik, Zilmora, and Astrid were all caught sneaking through the city. Mori'an and Zilmora fought them off, losing 1HP. Wolfrik and Astrid were able to kill the guards without taking damage.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 12:06 PM   #494
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Tuesday, July 12

Underwater Vault

I enter a building in the center of the underwater city and find myself in a vault. Though it might not be heavily guarded, I know I'm unwelcome here and need to remain hidden.

There are three outlying rooms. It looks like a baseball diamond, with the mound being the final destination. #1 appears to have sharks. #3 is a maze of some sort. I have to go to one or the other. It's unclear what is in #2, but I can only get there by going into 1 or 3 first.

I feel we're pretty healthy, despite popping some potions earlier. The plan is to get all of them through all 3 rooms. If for whatever reason I need to deviate I have the option of entering the final area at any room. The final area/room is in the center and connects to all three rooms.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 03:02 PM   #495
Poli
FOFC Survivor
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Room 1 contains vicious sharks swimming in a circle, patrolling to guard and make sure no one gets to the key in the center of the room. D20+CHA+Animal Tamer.

Tsavani, Syntax, Wolfrik, and Zilmora befriend the sharks and the sharks allow them to pass to the key easily.
Everyone else is attacked and loses 1HP. Professor lost 2.
__________________
Cheer for a walk on quarterback! Ardent leads the Vols in the dynasty forum.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.