Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Spoiler

Spoiler
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:19 AM   #3653
Bobble
College Prospect

I watched The Pentaverate with Mike Myers. Should have been FIVE episodes, not six -- PENTaverate. Someone should have been fired there. If you're into Mike Myers, this is your jam. Of the main characters, more are played by Mike Myers than all other actors combined. If you don't like how many times I said Mike Myers in this post, then you're not Mike Myers enough to watch this show. Mike Myers.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:45 PM   #3654
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

While I am only 4 episodes in, I am loving this season of Stranger Things so far. I will never get enough Steve & Dustin.

I really enjoyed the first episode of Ms. Marvel.

Barry has been absolutely phenomenal this season. Perhaps the best show to date.

I am not loving Obi-Wan. I want to. I really do, but I'm just not feeling it.

First three episodes of The Boys were a delight. Happy to have it back!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:01 PM   #3655
Edward64
Head Coach

Not loving Stranger Things. Half way through ep 5 and I find it to be a slog.

I think they are faithful to the story line. But the maturity of the "kids" is distracting and takes away from what was great in the earlier seasons.

But I'll finish it just for closure.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:44 PM   #3656
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Barry is so awesome.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 11:52 PM   #3657
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Halfway through the latest (last? I think?) season of Peaky Blinders.

Different, but probably better than I feared it might be. Pace feels ... quicker.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:02 AM   #3658
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I read an interview with Cillian Murphy that indicated this was the final season but a potential movie is in the works.

More here: Why won’t there be a Peaky Blinders season 7? Creator explains | Radio Times
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:04 AM   #3659
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've watched 2 of the 3 episodes of the documentary The Invisible Pilot so far. Somehow I completely missed the story of Gary Betzner growing up. It's been a complicated watch so far. The story itself is amazing - and I haven't even gotten to the 3rd ep which focuses on his ties to the Iran-Contra stuff. But the dude went from hippie type (free love/drugs) to saying he was doing a service to mankind in bringing illegal drugs to the US and that Pablo Escobar is a legend, both as a smuggler and human being. Ugh.

It's definitely fascinating seeing him and his former wife, both from a small Arkansas town, act so differently than one would expect. He's obviously much older now, but it's weird seeing this old dude talk so openly about doing coke and other drugs.

Anyway, it's an interesting story and only about a 3 hour total watch.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 06:04 AM   #3660
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Finished Peaky Blinders S6 tonight.

Quite solid, with a twist I never saw coming.

The feature film put some limitations on what they could do but overall I enjoyed it.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:06 PM   #3661
RainMaker
General Manager

I have that whole series lined up next. For some reason, the name made me ignore it but everyone I talk to says it's great.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:34 PM   #3662
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I thought Peaky Blinders suuuuuuucked, just to ruin your consensus.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 12:36 PM   #3663
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I thought Peaky Blinders suuuuuuucked, just to ruin your consensus.

I felt like S5 lagged, S4 to some degree as well. But S6 felt like it regained focus with better performances, writing, and visuals.
Old 06-14-2022, 12:50 PM   #3664
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I never made it that far, so it may have gotten better for all I know. I didn't enjoy the contrast of all the stylized modern production values vs. the historical setting....which I think is exactly what appealed to everybody else. I felt like I was watching over-the-top cosplay (which is a very fine line, in regards to any kind of acting, I suppose).

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-14-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #3665
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

We are finishing Ozark right now. We are on the last 4 episodes. The motel they have in town is actually filmed about three miles from where my wife works. She has always been a little flustered thinking her biggest crush, Jason Batemen, has been so close. But now it's "John Boy Walton was right there!"

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #3666
RainMaker
General Manager

I would still like to reiterate that Reacher is great on Amazon. Pretty damn close to the book (they had to modernize some stuff like adding cell phones).

Also For All Mankind is still a terrific show. If you liked Battlestar Gallactica, it's done by the same guy and has a lot of the same style.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:48 AM   #3667
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I'll second "For All Mankind." I'm only 3-4 episodes into the first season, but it's been great. I've been sidetracked on shows after a bunch of new stuff came out recently - Stranger Things, Ms. Marvel, Obi-Wan, The Boys, etc.

I'll definitely get back to it!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-16-2022, 05:42 AM   #3668
Edward64
Head Coach

I also enjoyed "For All Mankind" but will wait till all/most episodes are released before watching.

Obi-wan ep 5 was pretty good story wise but the light saber duel was ... disappointingly laughable. I do like the plot twist with you know who.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:43 AM   #3669
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
We are finishing Ozark right now. We are on the last 4 episodes. The motel they have in town is actually filmed about three miles from where my wife works. She has always been a little flustered thinking her biggest crush, Jason Batemen, has been so close. But now it's "John Boy Walton was right there!"

A couple years ago, I googled on the lake house. Not my style but wonder how much it goes for now.
Old 06-16-2022, 09:23 PM   #3670
sabotai
General Manager

Finished the latest season of Barry and the latest season of Peaky Blinders. Both excellent.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:02 PM   #3671
PilotMan
Head Coach

Our Flag Means Death is so good. So much talent and off the wall shit. It's great. Love it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 07:12 PM   #3672
RainMaker
General Manager

I had heard about and didn't realize it is based on Stede Bonnett. Fascinating historical figure.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:31 PM   #3673
GrantDawg

Loved The Dropout. It is one of those stories that wouldn't be believable if it hadn't actually happened.

Old 06-17-2022, 08:15 PM   #3674
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I had heard about and didn't realize it is based on Stede Bonnett. Fascinating historical figure.

Don't go into it expecting any sort of historical accuracy, just plan to laugh.

Like Steam?

Old 06-18-2022, 03:46 AM   #3675
Edward64
Head Coach

Watched one and a half episodes of Moon Knight. Maybe it's like Wanda Vision and I need to watch 3-4 episodes but it didn't catch my interest.
Old 06-18-2022, 11:15 AM   #3676
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Don't bother. That one certainly did not conclude its first season satisfactorily. Maybe it will come together into something good/great, but there's no reason to buy in until it does.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-18-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:40 PM   #3677
GrantDawg

I absolutely adored Julia. I want a petition to get Bebe Nuewirth and David Hyde Pierce in everything. They play off each other so well.

Old 06-20-2022, 06:39 PM   #3678
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Don't bother. That one certainly did not conclude its first season satisfactorily. Maybe it will come together into something good/great, but there's no reason to buy in until it does.

How do you screw up a big budget show with Oscar Isaac as your lead?
Old 06-22-2022, 09:44 PM   #3679
Edward64
Head Coach

Obi-wan finale was the best of all the episodes.
Old 06-22-2022, 10:14 PM   #3680
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How do you screw up a big budget show with Oscar Isaac as your lead?

By simultaneously deciding to take a 'slow burn' approach to a superhero show, while also deciding to make the season 6 episodes long.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:06 AM   #3681
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Obi-wan finale was the best of all the episodes.

It was. It had some good moments, but, also, some dumb moments. Overall, I didn't love it.
Old 06-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #3682
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I finished the first 7 episodes of Season 4 of Stranger Things. Loved it. So, so good. I can't wait for the final two episodes.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of "The Old Man" on Hulu.

Really enjoying Ms. Marvel. Super fun show that makes me smile.

Season 3 of "The Boys" has been fantastic so far.

Excited to get into Season 3 of "The Umbrella Academy."

So much quality TV.
Old 06-23-2022, 01:47 PM   #3683
RainMaker
General Manager

Slow Horses on Apple TV is really good if you like old school British spy stuff with some comedy thrown in.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:03 AM   #3684
Edward64
Head Coach

Netflix's Lincoln Lawyer was entertaining. I felt the last episode to tie up (most) of the multiple "cases" was a little rushed but overall worth the time.

Also Bosch Legacy was pretty good. Didn't like the cliff-hanger but am looking forward to next season.
Old 06-26-2022, 01:45 PM   #3685
GrantDawg

I absolutely loved the first two seasons of Barry. They are among the best in television comedy ever. Season 3 to me as a disappointment. It went from dark-comedy to just dark.
Old 06-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #3686
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It was. It had some good moments, but, also, some dumb moments. Overall, I didn't love it.

Same. I was utterly underwhelmed by Obi-Wan as a series. It was so mid, it hurt

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:24 PM   #3687
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I'll second "For All Mankind." I'm only 3-4 episodes into the first season, but it's been great. I'll definitely get back to it!

I'll "third" it. I just renewed my Apple TV+ subscription to begin watching season three. I'm fascinated by the way they mesh real-life historical figures with fictitious ones, and the timeline that has recognizable major historical events, plus new ones that are plausible with the divergent timeline.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 06-26-2022 at 11:26 PM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 07:42 AM   #3688
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've watched the first 3 episodes of Love Fraud on Showtime. DirecTV gave me 3 free months of Showtime, so I found a few things of interest and DVR'd them.

I hadn't heard about this docuseries but it apparently came out about 6 months after Tiger King and it's got that same kind of "this can't be real" vibe to it. It's about this dude who repeatedly scams middle aged women into thinking they are getting married (or sometimes getting married) before he takes off with as much money as he can get and then moves on to the next one. The crazy thing is, he does most of his damage in the KC/Wichita areas.

It even features a female dog the bounty hunter-type who helps the women track him down, although most of the people involved in the story are sad/gullible types and not over the top trashy characters, so in that way, it's superior to Tiger King. It's been pretty good at balancing humor with the story of women who've lost everything, and the storyline/pacing makes it something of a thriller. I'd recommend it if this is something that interests you.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 09:08 PM   #3689
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've watched the first 3 episodes of Love Fraud on Showtime. DirecTV gave me 3 free months of Showtime, so I found a few things of interest and DVR'd them.

I hadn't heard about this docuseries but it apparently came out about 6 months after Tiger King and it's got that same kind of "this can't be real" vibe to it. It's about this dude who repeatedly scams middle aged women into thinking they are getting married (or sometimes getting married) before he takes off with as much money as he can get and then moves on to the next one. The crazy thing is, he does most of his damage in the KC/Wichita areas.

It even features a female dog the bounty hunter-type who helps the women track him down, although most of the people involved in the story are sad/gullible types and not over the top trashy characters, so in that way, it's superior to Tiger King. It's been pretty good at balancing humor with the story of women who've lost everything, and the storyline/pacing makes it something of a thriller. I'd recommend it if this is something that interests you.

Thanks for this. It's crazy. I keep saying, wtf?!

Like Steam?

Old 07-02-2022, 08:35 AM   #3690
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished the last 2 episodes of Stranger Things. Enjoyed both even though I had to suspend belief on how "young/dorky" the "kids" looked. Nice action, good tension, and playing the metal music was classic!

Looks like there'll be another season to close it out.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:26 AM   #3691
Edward64
Head Coach

I think critics are mixed on the Terminal List.

But I enjoyed it even though the conspiracy is a little too outlandish. Good action, no need to over analyze. There were a couple episodes that seemed the production was off? It was too dark (?) and hard to see on my TV.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:02 PM   #3692
Critch
lolzcat

I've just competed Invasion on Apple TV +. It was quite possibly the worst series I've ever seen, no idea how I made it to the end.

Nicely shot, nicely acted (in the main, one of the main characters is a bit awful), but a slow, disjointed, terrible storyline full of plot holes. And they're making season two too!
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:08 PM   #3693
Groundhog
Coordinator

I made it half way through the first episode of Invasion. The TV version of a game with amazing graphics and awful gameplay.

4 episodes into British drama The Night Manager starring Tom Hiddlestone and Hugh Laurie, really enjoying it - a kind of spy/espionage drama.
Old 07-05-2022, 07:40 PM   #3694
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just finished Peaky Blinders. Love the show. This season I thought was great with some excellent twists at the end.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:48 PM   #3695
RainMaker
General Manager

Season 4 of For All Mankind is just as good as the others. Thought it might lose some of its charm with the time jumps and it does move a little fast, but a really unique and great show.
Old 07-05-2022, 08:12 PM   #3696
kingfc22
Head Coach

For All Mankind has been really good
Old 07-06-2022, 06:15 AM   #3697
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Finished the last 2 episodes of Stranger Things. Enjoyed both even though I had to suspend belief on how "young/dorky" the "kids" looked. Nice action, good tension, and playing the metal music was classic!

Looks like there'll be another season to close it out.

Definitely not a metal head but happy to read this ...

Quote:
Metallica officially approves of Eddie Munson’s epic rendition of “Master of Puppets” in Season 4, Volume 2 of “Stranger Things.”

The legendary heavy metal band took to Instagram on Tuesday to praise the hit Netflix series for incorporating their classic hit into the gut-wrenching finale.

They also gave a special shout-out to actor Joseph Quinn, who portrayed the “Hellfire Club” leader and absolutely shredded on the guitar.

“The way The Duffer Brothers have incorporated music into ‘Stranger Things’ has always been next level, so we were beyond psyched for them to not only include ‘Master of Puppets’ in the show, but to have such a pivotal scene built around it,” their statement began, referencing show creators Matt and Ross Duffer.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:38 AM   #3698
GrantDawg

I have always loved that song.
Old 07-06-2022, 05:08 PM   #3699
RainMaker
General Manager

New Beavis and Butthead movie was real good.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:04 PM   #3700
Arles
Grey Dog Software

The Master of Puppets scene was one of the best TV scenes I've seen all year. Well done Stranger Things! Also, it's nice to see Master of Puppets flying up the charts because of it. It's always been a fav of mine.