Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2022, 07:27 PM   #5251
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Engel testified already. He was avaible to ask his side of this if the committee cared to ask.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:27 PM   #5252
RainMaker
General Manager

What does that say about the Hutchinson testimony today? That was from almost a week ago.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:29 PM   #5253
PilotMan
Head Coach

I love how one thing is enough to nullify everything (regarding testimony) yet we've had to deal with this mfer and his family, who speak out of both sides of their mouths all day long, and we're supposed to take ALL of it as the honest truth (whichever narrative fits).

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:40 PM   #5254
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
What did they screw up? They sent subpoenas to people and those who chose to abide by the law followed them and those who didn't didn't.

They can only work with the people who are willing to talk to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Rainmaker, the agents are willing to testify, and Engel already has. Either the commitee didn't ask him about this, or he contradicted it and they had her testify anyway. I think the commitee hasn't asked him because the Reps I have seen comment on this have said they haven't seen any direct collaboration, and I don't believe they would have asked her to testify to this if he had already denied it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Utlimately, she could be vindicated. But if they really didn't ask these 2 people about this incident (likely because they didn't know about it months ago) and they deny it happened, that is a huge unforced error by the committee. And it's not even the most relevant information/evidence of a crime. The other stuff is far more damning. But if her story about the motorcade or the ketchup on the wall are denied under oath, her credibility is shot. And for nothing other than great Twitter fodder for a couple days.
Yeah they screwed up by not trying to corroborate it with other witnesses who have already testified and would presumably be willing to answer follow up questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I love how one thing is enough to nullify everything (regarding testimony) yet we've had to deal with this mfer and his family, who speak out of both sides of their mouths all day long, and we're supposed to take ALL of it as the honest truth (whichever narrative fits).
They suck more, and I don't think anyone in any place I engage in discussion actually believes that side, but it looks like the committee made an unnecessary unforced error here. Like others said these parts weren't even the most damaging parts, they were just the most sensationalistic, but if you're going to put that out there corroborate it first or stick to the non-hearsay parts.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:45 PM   #5255
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Yeah they screwed up by not trying to corroborate it with other witnesses who have already testified and would presumably be willing to answer follow up questions.

We don't know any of that though. We don't even know when they found out what Hutchinson had to say. We don't know if they were or weren't asked to corroborate. Remember that she switched lawyers just a few weeks ago. This could be very new.

Like I don't trust anyone in this situation, but until we know what was asked of people and when, it's all speculation. I would hope the committee will be putting together a full report at the end that has everyone's testimony.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:48 PM   #5256
JPhillips
General Manager

The part that really matters, Trump wanting to go to the Capitol and the Secret Service refusing to let him, has been corroborated by Trump himself.
Old 06-28-2022, 07:50 PM   #5257
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We certainly don't know. The problem is, whether the committee knows has been called into question. But time will tell. These aren't just anonymous sources denying her testimony. Supposedly they are willing to testify so we'll have both sides eventually. Again, the issue is the committee likely not having both sides before they put her up there.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 07:51 PM   #5258
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The part that really matters, Trump wanting to go to the Capitol and the Secret Service refusing to let him, has been corroborated by Trump himself.

And the Secret Service sources from what I just saw on Twitter.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-28-2022, 07:58 PM   #5259
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
These aren't just anonymous sources denying her testimony.

They are literally anonymous sources that are not even part of the Secret Service. Unless I missed someone going on the record and saying her testimony is false.
Old 06-28-2022, 08:36 PM   #5260
cuervo72
Head Coach

Diversionary tactic which people are (happily) gobbling up.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:28 PM   #5261
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
They are literally anonymous sources that are not even part of the Secret Service. Unless I missed someone going on the record and saying her testimony is false.

My emphasis was on the fact that they weren't just denying it, they are saying the two people involved in the story will testify to the contrary. That's different than someone just reporting that she's lying.
Old 06-28-2022, 09:33 PM   #5262
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
My emphasis was on the fact that they weren't just denying it, they are saying the two people involved in the story will testify to the contrary. That's different than someone just reporting that she's lying.

The committee put out a statement when those reports surfaced that they would love to have anyone testify under oath to clarify. We'll see if they are willing to back up their anonymous words.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:32 PM   #5263
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, nothing about it is on the front page of Fox News

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 11:36 PM   #5264
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Diversionary tactic which people are (happily) gobbling up.

I mean the timing of the roe vs wade ruling was a whole diversionary tactic to make people forget about the jan 6 comittee
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 10:20 AM   #5265
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I mean the timing of the roe vs wade ruling was a whole diversionary tactic to make people forget about the jan 6 comittee

I dunno - Supreme Court schedules are done months in advance and usually they release the first set of opinions for a year in June.

SI

Old 06-29-2022, 10:24 AM   #5266
JPhillips
General Manager

SCOTUS is saving evisceration of the administrative state for tomorrow, the last day of the term.
Old 06-29-2022, 02:14 PM   #5267
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
SCOTUS is saving evisceration of the administrative state for tomorrow, the last day of the term.

Yup - it's all just a matter of who is going to deliver the killing blow. Roberts or someone else. God forbid we have working governmental agencies that don't have to run every regulation through a dysfunctional Congress anytime they want to make a new rule.

SI

Old 06-29-2022, 07:09 PM   #5268
Thomkal
Head Coach

Jan 6 Committee subpoenas top white house lawyer under Trump, Pat Cippolini
Old 06-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #5269
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I keep hearing a lot of people talking about the secret service driver allegedly refuting the assault claim. Lots of people saying he should testify under oath that it didn't happen, as if no one has ever lied under oath.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:13 AM   #5270
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I keep hearing a lot of people talking about the secret service driver allegedly refuting the assault claim. Lots of people saying he should testify under oath that it didn't happen, as if no one has ever lied under oath.

You mean like the last 3 Supreme Court nominees?
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:42 AM   #5271
BYU 14
Coordinator

Exactly, the SCOTUS appointees pretty much made it clear that the oath is meaningless, pretty sure a ruling will follow that protects people that do.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #5272
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes you had Gohmert complaining in an interview recently that Republicans couldn't even lie to the FBI and Congress anymore. And that's the point, people in public trust need to be held accountable when they lie under oath like the supreme court justices.

Reports are that the secret service driver is pretty loyal to Trump, the king of lying. So get him under oath about it so its on the record. The Jan 6 committee is under oath, so they too should be held accountable if they lie about what they found or try to hide some of it.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:17 AM   #5273
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yes you had Gohmert complaining in an interview recently that Republicans couldn't even lie to the FBI and Congress anymore. And that's the point, people in public trust need to be held accountable when they lie under oath like the supreme court justices.

Reports are that the secret service driver is pretty loyal to Trump, the king of lying. So get him under oath about it so its on the record. The Jan 6 committee is under oath, so they too should be held accountable if they lie about what they found or try to hide some of it.

Pretty loyal is an understatement. Some of the SS with Trump on J6 were reportedly cheering on the insurrection.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:42 PM   #5274
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Pretty loyal is an understatement. Some of the SS with Trump on J6 were reportedly cheering on the insurrection.

We are learning that letting a bunch of Anti-Americans into high level military and law enforcement was a really bad idea.

We were so worried about foreign agents infiltrating that we dropped the ball on watching out for domestic terrorists.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:03 PM   #5275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
We are learning that letting a bunch of Anti-Americans into high level military and law enforcement was a really bad idea.

We were so worried about foreign agents infiltrating that we dropped the ball on watching out for domestic terrorists.

Don't you realize they are the true patriots?
Old 06-30-2022, 06:59 PM   #5276
cuervo72
Head Coach

Of course a couple of replies bring up his previous glowing recommendations of Kavanaugh and Gorsuch...
Old 06-30-2022, 07:53 PM   #5277
cuervo72
Head Coach

This is the guy Ben likes to quote, yes?

Old 06-30-2022, 09:17 PM   #5278
BYU 14
Coordinator

What someone posted on a friends facebook page after my friend posted if you are okay having jewish, hindu, muslin kids sit through christian prayer, you better be pkay with having christian kids sit through hindu, muslim, jewish prayer.

Quote:
Imagine if that would fly if we sent our own kids over seas.
Like it or not, they're in christian lands and they knew what they were getting into when they moved.

The fucking hypocrisy, and my very tame, direct response below

Quote:
America is not the land of the Christian, it is the land of the free, which encompasses all religions
Old 07-01-2022, 06:49 AM   #5279
Flasch186
Coordinator

One thing we assume is that they know what the weird hypocrisy is and that that really is a thing. Perhaps we’re missing the foundation that they actually know these things.

Or maybe it’s all faux outrage hiding a long plan of creating a theocracy but can’t use that word so you just get rid of the words or project them on your opponents ask the whole executing the long plan of creating a Christian theocracy and once we’re there they’ll say,” jeez, how did we get here!? But…. Since we’re here either join us or leave.” Muwahahahahah Bible. Sin. Gays. Guns. Love. You’re forgiven!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:22 AM   #5280
PilotMan
Head Coach

There is apparent video evidence that shows that at the very least, he lunged over the driver's shoulder to keep the car from leaving, rather than steer it while it was moving.

Like Steam?

Old 07-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #5281
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hear a lot of voices on the right claiming the committee is biased and they aren’t allowing other points of view or counter arguments. What could the other view possible be? All I hear from them is it wasn’t “as bad” as the left claims. It was mostly peaceful. Conspiracy theories about Antifa. Despite all the evidence to the contrary. Countless hours of video showing angry white men bearinf cops and trashing the capitol. They claim it was peaceful despite a gallows being erected and then chanting hang Mike pence.

I just can’t fathom what the counter point of view is that could possibly refute the video evidence. Audio recordings. Cell phone evidence. Text messages.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:00 AM   #5282
PilotMan
Head Coach

There isn't any. That's the real answer. The reason they believe that is because it's easier to believe that than it is to believe that their beliefs are wrong. That's the power of faith in its truest form.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-01-2022 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:07 AM   #5283
Flasch186
Coordinator

Imagine the shame they think they’ll feel if they realize that they’ve been swept up in a cult all along

That’s tough to face

Easier to start the course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 11:09 AM   #5284
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I hear a lot of voices on the right claiming the committee is biased and they aren’t allowing other points of view or counter arguments. What could the other view possible be? All I hear from them is it wasn’t “as bad” as the left claims. It was mostly peaceful. Conspiracy theories about Antifa. Despite all the evidence to the contrary. Countless hours of video showing angry white men bearinf cops and trashing the capitol. They claim it was peaceful despite a gallows being erected and then chanting hang Mike pence.

I just can’t fathom what the counter point of view is that could possibly refute the video evidence. Audio recordings. Cell phone evidence. Text messages.

Almost a year ago, Pelosi blocked two of his picks, Banks and Jordan from the committee, and so McCarthy pulled all Republicans from it, and said at the time maybe we will have our own hearing. Anybody hear about that again? That's who the Trumpsters who have been complaining about bias. should be complaining to. Demand that they produce evidence that Antifa, BLM, or the FBI were behind it all. But no the Democrats are the corrupts one here because Trump clearly won the election.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-m...dan-jim-banks/

I hope at the end of the hearing if they don't state it themselves, reporters ask them about any evidence of those groups either being involved or that any of the loudest shouters like Gaetz came to the Committee with actual evidence. Like to see Liz Cheney address that.
Old 07-01-2022, 11:18 AM   #5285
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Even if Jim Jordan was on the committee, which I agree his whole purpose would be to muck everything up, what would his argument be for the "other side?"

Who could we possibly hear testimony from refuting what happened when we see it all with our own eyes? I just don't see how having a Jordan or MTG on this committee alters the actual facts and evidence that clearly backs them up.
Old 07-01-2022, 05:15 PM   #5286
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think if the right extremists took a play from trump's playbook and just tossed him under the bus, and if the person who called for it and made it happen, had similar credentials as him, like DeSantis or Abbot, they could get rid of their albatross, and double down on their methods in one fell swoop and get momentum before fall.

Like Steam?

Old 07-01-2022, 06:51 PM   #5287
Ksyrup

Quote:
Almost a year ago, Pelosi blocked two of his picks, Banks and Jordan from the committee, and so McCarthy pulled all Republicans from it, and said at the time maybe we will have our own hearing. Anybody hear about that again? That's who the Trumpsters who have been complaining about bias. should be complaining to. Demand that they produce evidence that Antifa, BLM, or the FBI were behind it all. But no the Democrats are the corrupts one here because Trump clearly won the election.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-m...dan-jim-banks/

I hope at the end of the hearing if they don't state it themselves, reporters ask them about any evidence of those groups either being involved or that any of the loudest shouters like Gaetz came to the Committee with actual evidence. Like to see Liz Cheney address that.

This was only after the original version of a bipartisan committee was rejected by McCarthy. Presumably, with more sane people on a committee, the GOP would have had a chance to do something more than tweet emojis during testimony. The current committee only happened because the original agreed committee was rejected by McCarthy under pressure.
Old 07-02-2022, 08:05 AM   #5288
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Even if Jim Jordan was on the committee, which I agree his whole purpose would be to muck everything up, what would his argument be for the "other side?"

Who could we possibly hear testimony from refuting what happened when we see it all with our own eyes? I just don't see how having a Jordan or MTG on this committee alters the actual facts and evidence that clearly backs them up.
Have you ever watched what these committees are usually like? They wouldn't put up counter evidence on the subject. They would stall, they would character attack, they would constantly bring up anything they could not about the subject. The committee would bring in some like Hutchinson, and one nut-job Republican would ask her if she had an abortion. The next one would ask her about her sexual relationships. The next would ask her about the time her dad worked for some company that is in a negative light. That's what Gym Jordan brings to the table. Anything to give Right-wing media a clip to play ten thousand times an hour.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 07-02-2022 at 08:06 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:33 PM   #5289
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think if the right extremists took a play from trump's playbook and just tossed him under the bus, and if the person who called for it and made it happen, had similar credentials as him, like DeSantis or Abbot, they could get rid of their albatross, and double down on their methods in one fell swoop and get momentum before fall.

They would never let that happen, because Trump always showed loyalty to his inner circle, and he would in turn get it back from them.

/s
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 01:22 PM   #5290
BYU 14
Coordinator

This is 100% not safe for work, so be cautious. This is what doing your job in Washington gets you now.

Old 07-05-2022, 03:06 PM   #5291
Thomkal
Head Coach

A whole bunch of Trump lawyers, Rudy, Lindsay Graham just got subpoenaed in GA election fraud probe:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/05/polit...ham/index.html
Old 07-05-2022, 03:23 PM   #5292
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
This is 100% not safe for work, so be cautious. This is what doing your job in Washington gets you now.
Threats of violence over politics has increased heavily in the last few years. But the darkness has reached new lows. My new interns made this compilation of recent calls they’ve received while serving in my DC office.

WARNING: this video contains foul & graphic language. pic.twitter.com/yQJvvAHBVV
— Adam Kinzinger (@RepKinzinger) July 5, 2022

These guys just aren't creative in their insults. They also have a real oral fixation.

SI

Old 07-06-2022, 01:49 PM   #5293
Thomkal
Head Coach

Jan 6 committee got who they wanted to testify at last-don't know the details yet, but Pat Cippolini has agreed to testify.

In other news Lindsay Graham refuses to testify to the GA Grand jury using the same argument that Trump was never successful with it, "its all political"
Old 07-06-2022, 02:11 PM   #5294
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Jan 6 committee got who they wanted to testify at last-don't know the details yet, but Pat Cippolini has agreed to testify.

Nothingburger? Gonna invoke privilege?

Or has he decided to jump ship and flip while there's still value in doing it?
Old 07-06-2022, 02:15 PM   #5295
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

He has already testified before the Committee, "informally" which they have shown bits of before and with the recent testimony of Hutchinson about what he said, find it hard he will invoke privilege at this point in things.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:25 PM   #5296
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

I would think that if he's on the record, and he was on the record from other witnesses saying that what trump was cooking up was illegal, that he's prepared to testify to a very thin line of things that directly involved him.

He was WH counsel, not trump counsel, meaning he was repping the title and position and protecting the office, not specifically 45.

Like Steam?

Old 07-06-2022, 07:38 PM   #5297
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
He has already testified before the Committee, "informally" which they have shown bits of before and with the recent testimony of Hutchinson about what he said, find it hard he will invoke privilege at this point in things.

Looks like he will not be testifying "live" in one of the hearings, but rather on tape with a transcript available at some point.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:48 AM   #5298
JPhillips
General Manager

There's apparently more documentary footage from a crew that was following Roger Stone and possibly other Stop the Steal leaders.

These fuckers were convinced they were going to win and needed propaganda films to help establish their right to rule.
Old 07-08-2022, 08:59 AM   #5299
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
There's apparently more documentary footage from a crew that was following Roger Stone and possibly other Stop the Steal leaders.

These fuckers were convinced they were going to win and needed propaganda films to help establish their right to rule.

And, having never suffered a real consequence for anything that they'd ever done ever in their lives, they probably weren't worried about any downside risk (and, depending on how this shakes out, they might have been right about that).
Old 07-08-2022, 09:24 AM   #5300
PilotMan
Head Coach

If trump or some trump lite candidate wins in 24 you can pretty much guarantee (based on previous actions) that any and all penalties will be wiped clean, and those that sought those punishments will be sent to the salt mines of Kessel or Utah. One or the other.

Like Steam?