Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-27-2006, 09:55 AM   #3051
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dola, I just read qwiks post and I have to ask, WHAT MORE DO I HAVE TO DO!!!.

I was on chubby early in the game, was all over alanT and put my neck on the line including telling a stupid lie to save the avatar!

Qwik was my other suspect so

UNVOTE KING
VOTE QWIK

other then posting my PM I have no idea what more I can do.

I know you aren't on the up and up Lathum. You are bad news to the Egyptians.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 AM   #3052
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I know you aren't on the up and up Lathum. You are bad news to the Egyptians.
that's the best you've got?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #3053
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

I know you were talking with Chubby...my role allows me to "hear" things.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 06-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #3054
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

I know you don't have the kingdom in your best interests, you are out for your own gain...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #3055
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
right, so you have had the ability to listen to the head necro's conversations and you are just bringing it up now?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #3056
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
It's funny, I've never wavered in my support for you as good, even when others were still questioning whether you were good or not, yet I'm suspected, I find that disappointing.

That quote was regarding Vince, not you. Tell the truth, I don't have much of a read on you at this point, that's the main reason you're on my list. As I look some more, if I don't get any reason to suspect you then you'll be off. I'm not very good at note-taking and play a lot by feel.......really a part of my game I'd like to improve.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #3057
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and what role allows you to "listen" to other players, I don't see anything in the rules about a role like that.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:24 AM   #3058
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You're gonna need to be a lot more specific about this. Today.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:31 AM   #3059
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am heading off to work now ( how convienient for Qwik that I won't be around to counter any BS he may have about me).

I just don't understand where he is coming from, if I am the prophecy I have done everything to secure a win for the villegars. I am on the side of good. IT is that simple, if the villegars win, I win and I don't know what else I need to do to prove it.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #3060
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd like to hear more about this ability since, if it's true, it's out in the open now anyway.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #3061
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
right, so you have had the ability to listen to the head necro's conversations and you are just bringing it up now?

Oh come come, so defensive, do you deny talking with Chubby? I know you did, Dubb could find out wheter or not it's true.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #3062
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am heading off to work now ( how convienient for Qwik that I won't be around to counter any BS he may have about me).

I just don't understand where he is coming from, if I am the prophecy I have done everything to secure a win for the villegars. I am on the side of good. IT is that simple, if the villegars win, I win and I don't know what else I need to do to prove it.

It's the truth...and I'm sure the discussion will continue...I mean if I'm wrong I'm dead...just like what you did to Blade and Saldana...right.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 AM   #3063
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
You're gonna need to be a lot more specific about this. Today.

Pharaoh, I've always deemed you good, but I know there is far more evil out there than the ruling class and the necros...

I also know that Anxiety wanders at night...

How did you think I knew Coffee and Tyrith to be good?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:44 AM   #3064
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
and what role allows you to "listen" to other players, I don't see anything in the rules about a role like that.

I'm not so apt to give up my role like Schmidty, but I know it to be true that you were talking with Chubby. Just confirm or deny?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #3065
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh come come, so defensive, do you deny talking with Chubby? I know you did, Dubb could find out wheter or not it's true.

let's not waste dubb and just you tell us today so dubb can check on of the other players we question.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #3066
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
let's not waste dubb and just you tell us today so dubb can check on of the other players we question.

This is something that /needs/ verification...I don't want dubb to waste his ability either, but you may want to know whether or not I speak the truth...or whether or not Lathum does?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #3067
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A fanatic vouched for you and that's it, not a Mystic or a Soothsayer or something. That's why.

-Anxiety

Quote:
A couple of questions.

Anxiety, why do you still not trust me?

Is it possible saldana's disease will clear up since the head necro is dead?

LIke I already stated I think Vince is cleared up based on the fact it is very possible barkeep killed alanT and AlanT was on his way to kill vince. I know it is possible alanT was scanning vince but I find it unlikely.

of the people who are left these are my feelings

Schmidty-I believe he is ruling class but that doesn't make him good necessarily.

path12- pharaoh, probably good
Anxiety- I am pretty suspiscous of him based on his continued questioning of me.
Dubb- soothsayer, probably good
Saldana- dieased, probably dead soon
SnDvls- cleared by dubb
Lathum- good
Qwikshot- tough to read, may be necro
Tyrith- very suspicous of him considering his attck on me and then his suddenly bacink off when he saw he wasn't getting much support
Vince- probably good in my book
Tanglewood- quiet due to time restrictions
Kingfc22- possible necro

I have to leave for work soon, just in case I am not back

VOTE KING

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #3068
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm looking at King today hard.

Assume that at least one Necro remaining knew who Chubby was. If there are, say, two remaining Necs, both may not have known Chubby, but one probably did at least.

The only valid vote to save Chubby was Schmidty. Who voted for Schmidty? SnDvls, Lathum, King, and Chubby himself. One more vote for Schmidty and Chubby is clear for another day. Yesterday was a perfect day to vote to help Chubby, because a lot of us admitted that we weren;t 100% sure of our votes, and someone could have easily voted for Schmidty without raising suspicions.

Therefore, King is suspicious to me. BTW, for the same reason, this would support Qwik's view of Lathum.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 11:36 AM   #3069
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Anxiety, confirm or deny?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:50 AM   #3070
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Neither

Old 06-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #3071
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anxiety, confirm or deny?

Let me just preface by saying that I'm not after Anxiety. I believe him to be clean, but I know Lathum is not.

I'm not revealing anything else, though I know much more. I think I've stated enough to at least bring about dialogue.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #3072
path12
Coordinator

OK. I've got to go back and look at some posts later today then.

Qwik, are you vouching that Anxiety is good?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #3073
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I guess you are when you say you believe him to be clean. Would help for me to read the entire post.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #3074
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Dola, I guess you are when you say you believe him to be clean. Would help for me to read the entire post.

We're already going multiple paths (mind the pun) and I didn't want to divulge information, but once it was revealed who Chubby was, and the fact that I saw him talking with Lathum. Well I knew it wasn't about a pyramid revitaliziation project...

I don't think we need at this time to press about Anxiety, we need to focus on Lathum...he's the danger, we can focus on the other suspicious ones (including myself) after Lathum.

I only reinterate why I'm doing this is because he is such a danger.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #3075
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm comfortable with the press lathum strategy. I also like looking at king.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 12:24 PM   #3076
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I'm comfortable with the press lathum strategy. I also like looking at king.

-Anxiety

I'm amenable to that but I believe that this first needs attention because if I'm wrong, then I'm first target for lynch tomorrow, and I have a feeling that if I don't follow through that I will be dead tonight by Lathum or one of his cohorts...I really believe he is the reason for blade's demise...and I'm still not sure what's going on with saldana.

My circle of trust has always been path, tyrith, saldana and you are welcome to join it. I know you all don't fully comprise the same feelings, but it is true that I know you are genuine in preserving the Egyptian way of life.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 PM   #3077
path12
Coordinator

Qwik and Anxiety -- my problem right now is trying to piece together roles for the two of you that would allow Qwik to know that Lathum and Chubby were talking and that Anxiety walks at night.......and you both be good.

I see no role offhand that allows you to listen in on Chubby/Lathum.

It comes down to what Barkeep said -- where are the advantages for the bad guys? It can't just be sheer numbers.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #3078
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Qwik and Anxiety -- my problem right now is trying to piece together roles for the two of you that would allow Qwik to know that Lathum and Chubby were talking and that Anxiety walks at night.......and you both be good.

I see no role offhand that allows you to listen in on Chubby/Lathum.

It comes down to what Barkeep said -- where are the advantages for the bad guys? It can't just be sheer numbers.

Instead of piecing together the roles, you need to look beyond them. Lathum is not what he claims to be and he is a threat to you. I'm positive he killed blade, and stricken saldana...we need to truly verify that saldana is dying.

I know what I know. There are question marks for a lot of people, but this is the final stages. You had good judgement with chubby, what do I have to gain, why would I implicate lathum now, why of all the other people with so many more tantilizing or easy choices did I single out lathum, I could have just as easily picked king, or tangle, or vince, all in the same boat as me in characteristics in play (schmidty was the same way until his role reveal).

Lathum is dangerous to you path, and to all the Egyptians...
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #3079
SnDvls
Pro Starter

what the hell we still have numbers right.

Vote Lathum
Old 06-27-2006, 12:53 PM   #3080
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
what the hell we still have numbers right.

Vote Lathum

Sn, I'd be interested in your take on all this.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #3081
Swaggs
Coordinator

This just got interesting again.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #3082
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm heading out of work and I have a dentist appointment, I'll be back to answer any further questions to the best of my ability...I'm not backing down though.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #3083
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sn, I'd be interested in your take on all this.

I really don't have a take, just a vote for now.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #3084
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola

I'll probally move it 6 times today too
Old 06-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #3085
Vince
Pro Starter

Jesus. So someone I'm not sold on as being good just completely and totally damns someone I supposedly trust, and now I have no idea what is going on.

Qwik, how do you account for Lathum raising the Avatar? I'm fairly certain that Fouts knew that Lathum raised him, and admitted such (I'm going to go back to look at posts to confirm this, but I'm about 99% sure this is the case). If that is the case, how can you be so sure that he is bad?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:32 PM   #3086
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wow. My head is spinning right now. Barkeep was a fanatic? I would take that to mean Alan was searching for Vince. I highly doubt he would have tried to attempt a solo kill on his own at that stage in the game. Just doesn't make sense for a nec to do that. Especially after a failed attempt on pass and path.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #3087
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Remember, Barkeep was just a fanatic. He was the one who really stoo up for Lathum. How does a fanatic get that kind of information?

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #3088
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, after my initial gaffe in being totally surprised that Alan attacked me, it made sense that he would be looking for me as a bad guy (he did say that he suspected me after all). I still think that the Elite Guard was the one to off Alan (the rules don't mention when a Fanatic's kill is resolved), though I am aware that this doesn't clear me, and is just a shrewd move on the Guard's part. What I'm not sure of is who was protected last night...

And isn't Dubb out of viewings? He cleared SnDvls and then used one on Lathum...I thought he only had 2 scans?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #3089
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pharaoh, I've always deemed you good, but I know there is far more evil out there than the ruling class and the necros...

How did you think I knew Coffee and Tyrith to be good?

I'm with Path here...I can't see any possible role that would give you this information, and hoops was adamant about the lack of hidden roles in the game. On top of this, Tyrith isn't proven good yet (though not many people seem to suspect him). The only role I could possibly think of to give you information like this would be if you were the Elite Guard and you tried to defend Anxiety...but then how would you find out about the supposed Chubby/Lathum conversation? It seems like that's a vastly overpowered role then. We're getting late enough in the game that I think us peons deserve a bit more information before we blindly follow you around. With no Guard being killed, and no Guard revealed yet, you know that you can be protected (and every night if we need it...path can order him around), so what are you worried about coming out for? Unless you're being obtuse to pressure Lathum, I'm not very happy with this secrecy at this point in the game.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #3090
Vince
Pro Starter

Anxiety, what do you feel about Qwik -- he did just vouch for you.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:54 PM   #3091
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I like Qwik better now than I did this morning. I still think King has a higher chance of being dirty than anyone else.

Voting for Schmidty is a red flag for me, unless you are in my COT. That leaves Lathum and King. I think King is more likely a Nec, and Lathum is obviously the prophecy.

For those who don't remember, Tuesday is date night here. I'll be leaving in an hour or so. I'm willing to consider voting for king or Lathum, but I'll hold off for now.

-Anxiety

Old 06-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #3092
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I like Qwik better now than I did this morning. I still think King has a higher chance of being dirty than anyone else.

Voting for Schmidty is a red flag for me, unless you are in my COT. That leaves Lathum and King. I think King is more likely a Nec, and Lathum is obviously the prophecy.

For those who don't remember, Tuesday is date night here. I'll be leaving in an hour or so. I'm willing to consider voting for king or Lathum, but I'll hold off for now.

-Anxiety

I still stand by my vote yesterday. Right now it seems that anybody with a low post count is a target (me, tyrith, schmidty, tangle, vince, qwik). I think that is everyone.

I still like the odds that Schmidty is a nec on the ruling class. His high priest role is even less likely now that we know we had 2 fanatics. How is this game balanced if we get an EG, 2 fanatcis, a good pharoah with a duke power, mystic , all the members of the ruling class, a soothsayer and a prophecy that can also raise avatars???

Just doesn't add up IMO.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:03 PM   #3093
Tyrith
College Starter

Barkeep hinted pretty much as strong as he could that Alan wasn't making an attack on Vince. Barkeep didn't want to shout his role from the rooftops but left us a big fat hint there. I absolutely cannot believe barkeep took his fanatic power to the grave with him. He killed Alan, I'm sure of it.

Personally, I don't see any reason to kill Lathum _now_. We either should have done it a couple of days ago or we should let it go until he does something else flagrantly aggressive. Unlike back then we have actual other suspects. Lathum raised an avatar meaning that at worst he's against them as much as against us. While the mean part of me still wants to get him killed for revenge it's just not smart at all. We have an actual suspect list now.

On that note, I'm sticking to the list for now.

VOTE KINGFC22
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #3094
Vince
Pro Starter

Personally, I'd rather hear more from Qwik before we start voting off Lathum. With Barkeep gone, the figurehead of our circle of trust/really talkative guy is out of the picture, and with all the suspicion running around these parts, I can see us scrambling a bit and the bad guys gaining ground. Now is the perfect time for the bad guys to go after Lathum if he really is good.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 PM   #3095
Vince
Pro Starter

king is high enough on my distrust list to vote for, but Qwik's actions are screaming 'odd' to me.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #3096
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I still stand by my vote yesterday. Right now it seems that anybody with a low post count is a target (me, tyrith, schmidty, tangle, vince, qwik). I think that is everyone.

I still like the odds that Schmidty is a nec on the ruling class. His high priest role is even less likely now that we know we had 2 fanatics. How is this game balanced if we get an EG, 2 fanatcis, a good pharoah with a duke power, mystic , all the members of the ruling class, a soothsayer and a prophecy that can also raise avatars???

Just doesn't add up IMO.

It isn't a question of post count. Anxiety is also suspected and me and him are both pretty high up the post list, and Vince and Qwik aren't really quiet. This just seems like targeting the people who there are no support for.

I don't know about schmidty anymore. It just doesn't make any sense for me. I don't think it's insane to think we're still facing three necros, which opens up weird trios like path/schmidty/x, schmidty/tangle/x, and other things that kinda blow up my trust list a little. But right now I'm not in a big rush to go down that road.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #3097
kingfc22
Head Coach

I really want to hear from qwik before I vote since I have to leave for work in less than an hour.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:09 PM   #3098
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
How is this game balanced if we get an EG, 2 fanatcis, a good pharoah with a duke power, mystic , all the members of the ruling class, a soothsayer and a prophecy that can also raise avatars???

Just doesn't add up IMO.

This is the big question right now IMO.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #3099
path12
Coordinator

I agree with Tyrith about Lathum. I haven't seen any overt moves against us and until we do I don't know that it's a good idea -- besides, we don't know what capabilities the prophecy has, and lynching him might have consequences we're not aware of.

Can someone explain to me or point out how Barkeeps death means that Alan was not attacking Vince? I know it's likely right in front of my face, but I'm having problems with the connection.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #3100
Tyrith
College Starter

Because the fanatics didn't do us any actual good this game. We lost TWO guys to a fanatic in exchange for killing one bad guy. Our mystic may have been booby-trapped from the beginning -- some prophecy thing? Ruling class aren't powerful roles. Prophecy probably has an alt. win condition -- and yes, I still think it's Lathum, it's just that killing him isn't in OUR win condition just yet. And a duke power on someone that won't have to use it to shield themselves is just a vote jacking without the pharaoh having any actual knowledge. Head necro got something like two free kills through disease, plus silence, plus whatever. Not to mention that we got quite lucky to get to this stage -- what if Bek is a good guy?