Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2016, 01:55 PM   #2201
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Eh, his first statement was that "the community" is better off without him.

And would you argue that the second statement isn't true?
Old 07-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #2202
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Can I vote that his death is probably a net positive for all involved, yet still the police acted incompetently.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #2203
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, but that was in response to "Yeah. I bet those kids sure are better off and thankful he's gone." I think his family does count as being part of the community.

As for the second statement, it depends on the severity of his crimes, the circumstances, and when they occurred. How many domestic abuse charges do we see shrugged off for NFL players? How much sexual abuse is shrugged off for "boys being boys?" But this, this guy. THIS is the bad guy.

Guy last went to prison in 2009. Is he irredeemable? What's worse, having a flawed but loving father, or none at all? (I thought fatherless children was the downfall of African-American culture...)
Old 07-06-2016, 02:17 PM   #2204
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Eh, his first statement was that "the community" is better off without him.

And would you argue that the second statement isn't true?

Because if anyone knows "the black community" or "the Islamic community" it's him. Just an uncanny ability to know what's best for all sorts of communities he does not interact with.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:42 PM   #2205
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Yeah, but that was in response to "Yeah. I bet those kids sure are better off and thankful he's gone."
I don't see where he said that the kids are thankful. Am I missing something?

Quote:
Guy last went to prison in 2009. Is he irredeemable? What's worse, having a flawed but loving father, or none at all? (I thought fatherless children was the downfall of African-American culture...)
Good question. Hard to say. I was merely commenting on what he actually said--that "A domestic abuser, sex offender, who deals drugs and carries guns illegally is probably not the best Father figure." I can't argue with that statement.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #2206
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And anyone with a trace of empathy would feel otherwise.

I don't empathize, much less sympathize, with wastes of oxygen & DNA like that.

Never have, highly unlikely I ever will. And I kind of vaguely pity people who waste either on them frankly.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #2207
cuervo72
Head Coach

Does that go for just the father, or for the wife and kids as well?
Old 07-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #2208
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't empathize, much less sympathize, with wastes of oxygen & DNA like that.

Never have, highly unlikely I ever will. And I kind of vaguely pity people who waste either on them frankly.

From Christ's little known Sermon near the Tire Fire.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #2209
Logan
Head Coach

New Video Emerges of Alton Sterling Being Killed by Baton Rouge Police - The Daily Beast
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:22 PM   #2210
RainMaker
General Manager

That video looks bad. It sounds like the officer says "He's got a gun" first which puts the other on high alert. Then he says "he's going for the gun" at which point the officer shoots.

I'm not really sure what the guy could have done from that position. Seems unlikely he'd be going for his gun while on his back with two officers restraining him. And the odds of him grabbing his gun, aiming, and firing seem slim.

Will be interesting to see what the charges are. The guy who yells "he's going for his gun" would seem to be more at fault than the guy who shot in my opinion. The guy who shot was going off information he was told.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 PM   #2211
miked
College Starter

Also, the guy who called the cops said it was not in reference to the victim.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #2212
RainMaker
General Manager

It's also complete bullshit that the identity of the officer remains under wraps. If this was a normal citizen it would be released to the public in an hour. Public has a right to know the officer's name and history of complaints within the department.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:57 PM   #2213
RainMaker
General Manager

This Falcon Heights shooting looks real bad. That video is incredible.

Edit: Here's the video. Really graphic. I thought it was fake at first because it's just so unbelievable.

http://www.citypages.com/news/graphi...-video-8415016

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-07-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 AM   #2214
Logan
Head Coach

I'm really happy to not be a permitted gun holder so the cops won't shoot me.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:59 AM   #2215
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm really happy to not be a permitted gun holder so the cops won't shoot me.

I'm also really happy I drive a car instead of swimming in the ocean (because sharks).
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #2216
Edward64
Head Coach

Full story to come out and I'm okay with some wait as there should be a presumption of innocence.

Admittedly, the video is pretty sad/bad, two cops and the suspect on the ground ends up shot.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #2217
cuervo72
Head Coach

I wasn't aware we trained wild sharks.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:59 AM   #2218
tarcone
Coordinator

You should always be aware of domesticated wild animals.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:25 AM   #2219
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

The shooting in Minnesota looks really bad.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #2220
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
I wasn't aware we trained wild sharks.

I wasn't aware there was training to get people from fighting one another. Is it mandatory for all humans??? People fuckin up!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:34 AM   #2221
digamma
Torchbearer

But seriously, Dutch, to play through your example at least in the Minnesota case, you're equating having a busted tail light to swimming with wild sharks?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #2222
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
But seriously, Dutch, to play through your example at least in the Minnesota case, you're equating having a busted tail light to swimming with wild sharks?

Seriously, you say? It was tic to tic. But, Oh Jeez, gotta defend my FOFC street cred!

I was pointing out the fear (and to be fair, it was a TIC fear, as was my response) that having a gun equated to getting shot by a cop.

That being said, a few things are at play here.

1. Owning a gun for self-defense
2. Being shot by a cop while possessing a gun and getting into an altercation
3. Driving a motor vehicle
4. Being eaten by a shark

The chances of dying in a car accident are a bit better than being eaten by a shark. But we fear shark attacks more.

The chances of being killed or attacked by another citizen are far greater than being killed by a cop. But we fear cops more.

In this case, the victim had a gun to protect him from other people (not cops) and he had it for good reason....non-cops are far more dangerous than cops. On an exponential level.

So yeah, it was for fun, to counter a silly suggestion ("Legal gun possession = Instant death at the hands of cops) to a very rare circumstance (rare as it equates to "Legal gun ownership = Protection from criminals"). I mean, there are good reasons to own a gun for self-defense, notably for somebody who feels they have good reason to fear for their life....(politicians, people who sell CDs at night in rough neighborhoods, etc).

I'm sure that guy believed he wouldn't have a CD sellin business if it weren't for that gun. Just like many of us wouldn't have jobs if it weren't for cars.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #2223
Ben E Lou

The reaction to the MN one is interesting to me. No footage whatsoever of the shooting, yet everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that the cop was at fault. (I've seen far more outrage--even from conservative white people--on that one so far.) I don't fully get it. Is it because the lady telling the story is calm at first, therefore she must be right? I mean, for all we *see*, the guy was reaching toward the gun and got what he deserved. I don't see how anyone could take a position either way on that one. If things have gotten to the point where we automatically trust a random citizen's word over a cop's, we're in trouble. And the sheer fact that it seems as if we DO speaks volumes.

On another note, am I the only one surprised Trump hasn't tweeted something mind-numbingly stupid about one or both of these shootings yet???
Old 07-07-2016, 10:21 AM   #2224
digamma
Torchbearer

Her statements are important because they're an example of "present sense impressions." And quite frankly the same goes for the cop's statements in the background. They're not statements that either made after spending a day or two with lawyers. They don't appear to be orchestrated. They're real. Taking her statements and the cops together, I'm not sure if you can draw conclusions, but the fact that they're real time is really, really important, both now in the public arena and possibly later in court.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #2225
miked
College Starter

If I get in to an altercation and shoot somebody, do I get to go home for a day or so and talk to lawyers and witnesses?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:30 AM   #2226
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, I don't know if they are as "far greater" as you might think. I'm seeing numbers of about 14,000 - 16,000 homicides/manslaughter per year in the US (14,827 was the 2012 tally, and I think the general numbers have been going down). The WaPo counted 986 shooting deaths by police last year. I don't know about you, but I interact many, many more times with regular citizens than I do police. So on a case-by-case basis, I think an encounter with a LEO is a lot more dangerous.

Also, we're now talking about a second video (well, second in the context of this week's updates), where the victim was doing 1, 2, and 3 and was not selling CDs.

My quip was to the fact that we do train cops. The question is, what are we training them for?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #2227
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Well, I don't know if they are as "far greater" as you might think. I'm seeing numbers of about 14,000 - 16,000 homicides/manslaughter per year in the US (14,827 was the 2012 tally, and I think the general numbers have been going down). The WaPo counted 986 shooting deaths by police last year. I don't know about you, but I interact many, many more times with regular citizens than I do police. So on a case-by-case basis, I think an encounter with a LEO is a lot more dangerous.

Also, we're now talking about a second video (well, second in the context of this week's updates), where the victim was doing 1, 2, and 3 and was not selling CDs.

My quip was to the fact that we do train cops. The question is, what are we training them for?

Well, again, I know for a fact that LEO get to deal with the criminal element far greater than you or I do. We have the advantage of avoiding it (mostly) whereas they are propelled into it, pretty much daily. Does that fit into the equation somewhere?
Old 07-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #2228
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, for all we *see*, the guy was reaching toward the gun and got what he deserved.

Even if that were true, and even if the cop could clearly tell the difference between movement towards the gun and movement towards his license/registration, is that the case? If he was legally permitted to carry the gun, why would a movement towards the gun demand a hostile response? What law was he violating at that point? Now if he had drawn the weapon, maybe, I don't know the specifics of the law in MN, but movement towards a legal weapon shouldn't end with a death sentence.

edit: I'll also admit it puts the cop in a very difficult position, but that's one of the end results of having so many legal carry laws.

Last edited by JPhillips : 07-07-2016 at 10:51 AM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #2229
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Even if that were true, and even if the cop could clearly tell the difference between movement towards the gun and movement towards his license/registration, is that the case? If he was legally permitted to carry the gun, why would a movement towards the gun demand a hostile response? What law was he violating at that point? Now if he had drawn the weapon, maybe, I don't know the specifics of the law in MN, but movement towards a legal weapon shouldn't end with a death sentence.

edit: I'll also admit it puts the cop in a very difficult position, but that's one of the end results of having so many legal carry laws.
I don't know the specifics of the law, but that doesn't seem like it has to be terribly difficult. Inform the officer that you have it. Offer your hands to be cuffed. Officer cuffs him, removes weapon, uncuffs him. Whole thing takes less than 30 seconds and we move on.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #2230
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
But we fear cops more.

I think this is where the disconnect is.

I don't fear cops at all. I have absolutely zero fear that when I get pulled over or questioned on the street or whatever that anything will happen to me. I'm fortunate, lucky, privileged, you choose the word. For many, and unfortunately the many are disproportionately minorities or poor, that isn't the case and there is real and justifiable fear.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:09 AM   #2231
Ben E Lou

Dola:

But yes, of course it shouldn't end in a death sentence. I'm just pointing out that we really don't know what went down prior to the video starting. The cop was clearly crazily agitated after the fact. Maybe it was because he realized "oh crap, he was reaching for his wallet and I reacted too fast." Maybe it was because he'd never shot anyone and was freaking out over that.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:12 AM   #2232
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
For many, and unfortunately the many are disproportionately minorities or poor, that isn't the case and there is real and justifiable fear.
Yup. And, it's the major disconnect that often informs the way these sorts of discussions go. Many white people can't fathom why the black person didn't act rationally. Quite often the answer is "because the moment I saw those blue lights, I feared that my life was in danger." Most people don't act terribly rationally when confronted with everyday fears, let alone fear that their life might end in the next few minutes.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 07-07-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #2233
digamma
Torchbearer

Here is the model policy attached tot he relevant Minnesota statute on the use of deadly force. (Municipalities must adopt as well.)

Quote:
An officer is authorized to use deadly force only when the officer perceives it is necessary given the circumstances known to the officer at the time in order to:

1. protect the officer or another from apparent death or great bodily harm;
2. effect the arrest or capture, or prevent the escape, of a person whom the officer knows or has reasonable grounds to believe has committed or attempted to commit a felony
• involving the use or threatened use of deadly force; or
• if the officer believes that the person will cause death or great bodily harm if the person’s apprehension is delayed.

So, really in this case, it is the first prong. The officer had to protect himself or those around him from apparent death or serious injury.

Here's the statute:

Quote:
Use of deadly force. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 609.06 or 609.065, the use of deadly force by a peace officer in the line of duty is justified only when necessary:

(1) to protect the peace officer or another from apparent death or great bodily harm;

(2) to effect the arrest or capture, or prevent the escape, of a person whom the peace officer knows or has reasonable grounds to believe has committed or attempted to commit a felony involving the use or threatened use of deadly force; or

(3) to effect the arrest or capture, or prevent the escape, of a person whom the officer knows or has reasonable grounds to believe has committed or attempted to commit a felony if the officer reasonably believes that the person will cause death or great bodily harm if the person's apprehension is delayed.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:15 AM   #2234
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Well, again, I know for a fact that LEO get to deal with the criminal element far greater than you or I do. We have the advantage of avoiding it (mostly) whereas they are propelled into it, pretty much daily. Does that fit into the equation somewhere?

Yeah, propelled into it, like stopping the criminal element of a busted tail light...

There's an easy way to not be propelled into it. Choose a different occupation. Maybe one that is more safe.

Quote:
42 police officers were shot and killed in 2015

Err...well, safer than the ones detailed here, anyway.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #2235
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't know the specifics of the law, but that doesn't seem like it has to be terribly difficult. Inform the officer that you have it. Offer your hands to be cuffed. Officer cuffs him, removes weapon, uncuffs him. Whole thing takes less than 30 seconds and we move on.

Which is what I had sense enough to do, more than once, 30+ years ago. As a freakin' teenager that considered trips to the 'burbs as being a semi-big deal.

If you don't have that much sense at this point, well ... damn.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:17 AM   #2236
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yup. And, it's the major disconnect that often informs the way these sorts of discussions go. Many white people can't fathom why the black person didn't act rationally. Quite often the answer is "because the moment I saw those blue lights, I feared that my life was in danger." Most people don't act terribly rationally when confronted with everyday fears, let alone fear that their life might end in the next few minutes.

I utterly & completely reject the notion that race is justification for irrational behavior.

I have more regard for the capabilities of any racial group than that.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #2237
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I utterly & completely reject the notion that race is justification for irrational behavior.

I have more regard for the capabilities of any racial group than that.
I didn't say it was justification. I said it was why. (There's a difference.)

And keep in mind, that can go both ways. Liberals miss it, too.

Conservative Q: "I don't understand why he ran and didn't just comply!"
A: "Because he was afraid for his life and thought running was the only way to live."

Liberal Q: "Do you really think that a guy on the ground with a cop on top of him would try to reach for a gun?
A: "Maybe. He could have been thinking 'oh shit, Eric Garner. My only chance is to shoot my way out of this.'"

Neither case is "right," per se. But to ignore the fact that it may well inform the split-second decision-making process is terribly naive. *shurg*
Old 07-07-2016, 11:26 AM   #2238
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Yeah, propelled into it, like stopping the criminal element of a busted tail light...

There's an easy way to not be propelled into it. Choose a different occupation. Maybe one that is more safe.

Err...well, safer than the ones detailed here, anyway.

Oh I agree! Not sure who to make cops though. Conscription?
Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #2239
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Or choose to ignore the criminal element. That strategy is working wonders in Chicago.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:29 AM   #2240
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If he was legally permitted to carry the gun, why would a movement towards the gun demand a hostile response? What law was he violating at that point?

If the officer told him not to reach for the gun and he did, that would be a crime.

Whether force was justified is a different question. I keep hearing these incidents analyzed in terms of what the crime was or how bad the guy was or whether the "sentence" of death fits the crime. That's not how use of force is analyzed, it's not punishment analysis. It's a seizure question. If an officer tries to stop you for jaywalking or speeding, and the you flee or don't cooperate with commands, the officer can use force, and that can escalate to justifiable deadly force depending on the circumstances. That doesn't make it "capital punishment for speeding". Once an officer has the power to seize, it really doesn't matter what the underlying crime is when it comes to use of force. (in some circumstances what the suspected crime is could be one factor in a use-of-force analysis, but not because bad people deserve to have more more used against them, more like if someone is known to run from police, it makes more sense for an officer to put them on the ground while detaining them instead of talking them while standing.)

And if the officer uses too much force, they've violated policy or committed a crime and/or violated the 4th Amendment, but it's still not a "death sentence". The question is how much force is reasonable to use under the circumstances. And the lines are pretty grey between - justified - justified but could have been handled better - violates policy - 4th amendment violation - criminal act.

Last edited by molson : 07-07-2016 at 11:31 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #2241
cuervo72
Head Coach

Make us all cops! That way we'd all be in the same danger. And have the same rights.

edit: yes, I'm being just silly now. But molson touches upon much of my problem with this - the justification of force, and what that burden is. To me, that burden is too low and justification is too easy (I realize not everyone feels this way). Cops nearly have carte blanche to shoot anyone and until now, there has really been no accountability for this power.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-07-2016 at 11:40 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:38 AM   #2242
molson
General Manager

Quote:

There's a lot of fear that goes both ways in these traffic stops. Fear isn't a choice, and it can lead to really bad judgment. People are afraid of the arrogant, macho cops, but scared cops are much more dangerous. Trying to be confident and to own a situation is a way to try to subdue that fear, and to try to improve your judgment and performance. Of course, some people are going to be better than others at finding those mental sweet spots that don't go too far in either direction.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:45 AM   #2243
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Make us all cops! That way we'd all be in the same danger. And have the same rights.

I do wonder why people like you who have figured everything out aren't drawn to fields where you can share your genius with the rest of us and fix everything.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #2244
cuervo72
Head Coach

Damn, I didn't know I had to be an officer, a lawyer, or a politician to have a place in this conversation.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #2245
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Damn, I didn't know I had to be an officer, a lawyer, or a politician to have a place in this conversation.

Everyone has a place in the conversation, yours just means less when everything you say is snarky and dismissive.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:55 AM   #2246
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I do wonder why people like you who have figured everything out aren't drawn to fields where you can share your genius with the rest of us and fix everything.
Haha. This is pretty rich coming from you.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #2247
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Everyone has a place in the conversation, yours just means less when everything you say is snarky and dismissive.

My tone often depends on who I am addressing. In my responses to Dutch, yes - many of my replies have been snarky. But that's because in my opinion (and I would bet in the opinion of some others), Dutch has been...well, some of his arguments strike me as a little unorothodox, and in many instances he seems to be almost intentionally missing the point. If that's going to be the case, why not exaggerate those points?

Last edited by cuervo72 : 07-07-2016 at 12:06 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #2248
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post

Who else, in America, should I fear more than the police?

Well considering you're more likely to die from a doctor's bad handwriting, maybe them?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #2249
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
This may be the most insane thing I've ever heard. People in general are always a threat and should be feared: anyone at any time has the ability and capacity to just decide to attack you either physically, emotionally, or spiritually, and cause irreparable harm.

This I think speaks to the disconnect between gun owners and non-gun owners. How does one arrive at a mindset where they are constantly in fear of their surroundings? I can't fathom living life like this. I can't live life in a continued state of alarm. Especially given that I have advantages that others don't (gender, race, income). Why are people always anticipating the worst?
Old 07-07-2016, 12:05 PM   #2250
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
If the officer told him not to reach for the gun and he did, that would be a crime.

Whether force was justified is a different question. I keep hearing these incidents analyzed in terms of what the crime was or how bad the guy was or whether the "sentence" of death fits the crime. That's not how use of force is analyzed, it's not punishment analysis. It's a seizure question. If an officer tries to stop you for jaywalking or speeding, and the you flee or don't cooperate with commands, the officer can use force, and that can escalate to justifiable deadly force depending on the circumstances. That doesn't make it "capital punishment for speeding". Once an officer has the power to seize, it really doesn't matter what the underlying crime is when it comes to use of force. (in some circumstances what the suspected crime is could be one factor in a use-of-force analysis, but not because bad people deserve to have more more used against them, more like if someone is known to run from police, it makes more sense for an officer to put them on the ground while detaining them instead of talking them while standing.)

And if the officer uses too much force, they've violated policy or committed a crime and/or violated the 4th Amendment, but it's still not a "death sentence". The question is how much force is reasonable to use under the circumstances. And the lines are pretty grey between - justified - justified but could have been handled better - violates policy - 4th amendment violation - criminal act.

The death sentence comments, at least when I've used them, are because someone has decided not to argue about the correct use of force in the specific situation and resorts to arguments like, "Well, he shouldn't have (insert offense)". To me that argument is akin to saying someone deserved the death sentence for that offense, which I think is stupid and justifies any bad decision made by a law enforcement officer against someone who has done anything wrong.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote