Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline Question For New Game...

Hey guys, I have been trying to puzzle out running the new game with my work schedule. Day time is not a problem at my day job, but night time is at a restaurant, so I don't have computer access when we do traditional deadlines like 6-7 p.m. (9-10 p.m. EST).

How many of you could NOT do a 4 p.m. (7 p.m. EST) lynching deadline?

Or if you all wanted to experiment a little, would there be any interest in a 1 p.m. (4 p.m. EST) deadline, with a short night shift deadline after? That one would be easiest for me, but it would be a quite a departure from our usual times.

Anyway, looking for feedback. I'll have a thread up soon. Hoping to have Day One on Wednesday.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

4pm deadline would not be my preference, that could be tricky depending on the day. 7pm would probably be ok for me though.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

I need evening deadline, my work day is too busy most of the time to play with a day deadline. Even 4pm would be too early, though I could probably do 5 or 6 for sure
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Autumn
Head Coach

I'd be okay with an afternoon deadline (EST) though would prefer maybe 5 EST to 4, as the kids get home between 3 and 4.

7 PM EST means I'm not likely to ever be around at deadline. It's right in the middle of dinner and dealing with the kids. But I don't feel like it's necessary to be on at deadline, so whatever works for you.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I am thinking that sticking with the 6-7 p.m. PDT (9-10 p.m. EST) will be best for game purposes, and IMO, that's most important. Only issue there are the nights when I am working on the second job. I simply won't be able to run the lynch until I get home. I have done that in the past, but I disliked it. Hate to have you guys get up for a deadline and then have to sit there and wait for the results.

But I think that's better than choosing a time that hurts the ability of people to be there and participate (which causes inactivity and also lessens the pool of potential players).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Hmm, I am thinking that sticking with the 6-7 p.m. PDT (9-10 p.m. EST) will be best for game purposes, and IMO, that's most important. Only issue there are the nights when I am working on the second job. I simply won't be able to run the lynch until I get home. I have done that in the past, but I disliked it. Hate to have you guys get up for a deadline and then have to sit there and wait for the results.

But I think that's better than choosing a time that hurts the ability of people to be there and participate (which causes inactivity and also lessens the pool of potential players).

Very true - sitting and waiting for lynch results isn't an issue man...we've all got real lives...we understand.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
britrock88
Pro Starter

A long night solves all problems regarding you not being around at lynch.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Yes I don't mind waiting especially if you say so before hand
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I agree, if we know ahead of time results won't be immediate, we'll just move on. No problem.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
Autumn
Head Coach

You could even have a 10-12 hour night deadline, so that people who go to bed before results get posted have a chance to make night actions early. Or just have a single deadline.