Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Top Dogs - a Villanova/NBA dynasty (FBCB/FBB)

I recently bought Fast Break Basketball so I could link it with FBCB to have a combined dynasty. To be honest I have little to no interest in the NBA but it seemed like it could be fun from a sim standpoint. I will be tracking my team Villanova in FBCB, then tracking any of their players that go on to the NBA. Each entry will be relatively brief as this will be more of a long term dynasty. If you've got any questions let me know.

2003 Season

I started my career with a mixed bag -a few really good players, mostly seniors, and some not so good. Giant bruising center Dennis Koller and rebounding king PF Freddy Brown were the best, and they, along with the deadeye shooting of SG Tony Ngo helped me finish 23-11 and 8-8 in conference. Unfortunately that wasn't good enough for the big dance, but my stars were too much for the NIT schools and we rolled all the way to win the NIT title.

The NBA title this year went to the Lakers, who won it in 6 games against the Hornets. Tim Duncan was the leading scorer and rebounder with 33.4 PPG and 13.2 rebounds per game. In the regular season the Pistons and Timberwolves tied for best overall record with 55 wins each but in the playoffs the Lakers couldn't be stopped.

#1 pick in the draft was SF Chris Pettigrew of the Warriors, and other lottery picks included PG Tyrell Motta for the Bucks, C Arthur Rogan for the Pistons, and SG Dirk Sears of the Raptors.

Freddy Brown – predicted late 2nd round – was not drafted
Dennis Koller – predicted no draft (PND)
Tony Ngo – PND

Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2004 season

'Nova looks to have another great squad this year, but a different kind of bunch. Blazing speed and quick hands on the steal seem to be the pattern here, especially with juco SG Elden Bailey and Joseph Silva playing at SF. Only PG Daniel Lucier is returning from last year's team. I have dubbed them the “Band of Thieves” because this is probably the best stealing team I have ever played in this game – four of the five starters have 14+ stealing ratings (out of 20.) The team struggled early on but got hot at the end of the year and ended up as #10 seed in the East – we ran all the way to the Elite 8 before we were knocked out by Kansas. Our final record on the season was 24-12 and 10-6 in conference. With a #17 recruiting class, this team seems set to be absolutely lethal next year.

In the NBA this year the finals were played between the Mavericks and the Bucks, with Milwaukee taking the title 4-3. They were led by the whiz kid, do-everything rookie PG Tyrell Motta, who won the Rookie of the Year, League MVP, and Playoff MVP. Motta played his college ball at Georgia and blew up the NBA this year with 32.9 points per game and 9.5 assists per game. In the regular season the Mavericks were the best team, winning 58 games, with the Lakers right behind them.

#1 pick in the draft was SG Roger Dyer by Seattle. He played for Notre Dame and was a prolific scorer and assist man. Other top picks were PG Hollis Youngs from UCLA, by the Clippers, and SF Matt Watson out of Maryland by the 76ers.

C Geraud Favarque – PND
SG Joseph Silva – PND
Luther Young - PND
Efrem Westmoreland – PND
Old 02-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2005 Season

Villanova is coming back with three starters from last year's team, including the potentially NBA bound SG Elden Bailey and PG Daniel Lucier. To PF Darryl Terrazas, I am adding SF William Briceno and freshman C Kasey Wigfall – this guy is a #15 in the country recruit that I am very high on. This is a pretty strong squad with some very strong reserves, and we did very well again this year – struggling early but coming on strong at the end to win the Big East conference tourney and again go to the Elite 8 before being knocked out by Uconn. Final record was 25=13 and 10-6 in conference.

This year's NBA title went to the Raptors, over the Mavericks, who have now gone to the title series 2 out of 3 years but lost both times. Vince Carter of the Raptors played very well and was named Playoff MVP. The Mavs were again the best team in the league in the regular season, winning 62 games. Dirk Nowitzki of the Mavericks won the MVP award this year and Matt Watson of the 76ers was Rookie of the Year.

First pick in the draft for the Trailblazers was SG Don Hogan, from Illinois. He was overall Player of the Year in the NCAA last year, so this wasn't too much of a surprise. Other top picks were SG Enoch Fields by the Kings, and C Floyd Wilkins by the Cavaliers. Also our first player was drafted – Elden Bailey was picked at #27 in the draft by the Bucks. He has signed a four year contract and we'll see what he can do. Right now he is rated as a C potential, and B- outside scoring, and C everywhere else. Looks like he might see some playing time next year but he has a lot of competition.

SG Elden Bailey – predicted 2nd round – picked low first round by the Bucks!
C Tony Roberts – PND
SF Omar Luce – PND
PF Darryl Terrazas – PND
PG Darren Rivera – PND

Last edited by Peregrine : 02-07-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2006 season

The Villanova team had to adjust to losing Elden Bailey and other long-term players. PG Daniel Lucier is still here, and he and C Kasey Wigfall would have to lead the team. A major issue this year was lack of quality reserves – a lot of our players are young and we had trouble keeping up in the second half with quality teams. We played well early but in the later part of the year sagged, to a final record of 16-16 and 5-11 in conference. We failed to make the NCAA tournament and were named a #2 seed in the NIT but washed out early against UNLV. We also mark the graduation of our best player so far – four year starter at PG, Daniel Lucier:

Code:
#33 PG Daniel Lucier - Villanova - Senior -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Height: 6' 2" Weight: 180 High School: Southwestern High School Hometown: Jamestown, NY Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2003 34 34 26.8 11.2 0.4 1.5 2.2 3.1 0.70 1.4 0.4 2.5 2004 36 36 26.4 15.3 0.6 1.7 3.4 3.2 1.09 2.9 0.4 3.1 2005 38 38 28.4 13.5 0.7 2.4 3.1 4.5 0.69 3.3 0.3 1.8 2006 32 32 30.7 15.4 0.6 2.3 3.5 4.5 0.77 2.8 0.3 2.4 Career 140 140 28.0 13.8 0.6 2.0 3.1 3.8 0.77 2.6 0.4 2.5

The Kings took the NBA title this year, in 6 games over the Bulls. Mike Bibby led the attack for the Kings and won the Playoff MVP award. Yet again the Mavericks were the best team in the regular season, with 62 wins – they just can't close the deal on a title. The Bucks' PG Tyrell Motta won the MVP award this year – he is looking like a really game-changing player. The All-League First Teamers were C Yao Ming, PF Tim Duncan, SF Predrag Stojakvic, SG Vince Carter, and Motta.

SG Jonathan Seale from Kentucky was the #1 draft pick this year, by the Atlanta Hawks. Other top picks were PF Herbert Zook by the 76ers and PG Jefferson Martin by the Supersonics.

Elden Bailey barely saw the court this season. The Bucks used Michael Redd at SG and he was solid. Bailey suffered a string of injuries and in the end only played four minutes in one game. He's going to have to develop some more to have any chance in the NBA.

PG Daniel Lucier – PND (What a ripoff!) - was not drafted
PG Shaun Deming – predicted late 2nd round – was not drafted
SG William Briceno - PNDSF Andrew Schmits – PND
Old 02-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #5
Peregrine
Pro Starter

2007 Season

Led by excellent C Kasey Wigfall and powered by scorer SF Phil Johnson, this team was a bit of a question mark, with several veterans as well as the appearance of five-star freshman PG Marc Deledicque. Unfortunately we had a lot of trouble and never got the rhythm together until late in the season. We did put together an incredible run through the Big East conference tournament to win that title, and won one game in the Big Dance before falling to #2 in the country Kentucky. Overall we were 22-14 and 9-7 in conference play.

The Mavericks finally won their title this year, 4-2 over the Raptors, led by Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash. PG Tyrell Motta won another MVP award this season, making 3 out of his four seasons in the league. He has really become dominant and the face of the league. All League First Teamers were Yao Ming, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion of the Suns, Tracy McGrady, and Motta.

Elden Bailey got some more playing time this year, but still not a lot. He played in 16 games as a reserve, averaging 9.7 minutes per game. In that time he was a .400 shooter from the field and also sank several 3 pointers. It seems that for now he is the main backup SG for the Bucks. It's a great team atmosphere, especially getting to play with the electric Tyrell Motta, who seems unstoppable.

C Kasey Wigfall – Kasey declared a year early from the draft and is considered to be top 5 prospect.
SF Phil Johnson – PND
SF Chris Telford – PND
PF Frank Seabolt – PND

In the end, Kasey was drafted at #7 by the Wizards. He looks to be the backup C behind 2nd year man Darnell Rumph out of Arizona. The #1 pick was SF Scott Jones by the Bulls, other top picks were PG Claude Walsh by the Trailblazers and SF Carl Padron by the Hawks.

Last edited by Peregrine : 02-11-2010 at 06:05 PM.