Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #51
Mountain
Mascot

I commend you on your effort. I am also on the same wieght loss journey myself. I am getting some results, 34 pounds in three months, but have a very long way to go.

Rather than looking at this from a standpoint of losing pounds in an absolute sense, you need to be looking at this from the standpoint of transforming your body. If would be better if you measured your body fat and focused on reaching a body fat target rather than a weight loss target.

I say this because you're missing a key component in your plans if you view this from a transforming your body perspective. You are missing resistance training i.e. weightlifting. Your muscle is your body's furnace. The more muscle you have and the more toned it is the more calories you burn all the time. For instance in my 34 pounds of wieght loss I have actually put on ten pounds of muscle and lost 44 pounds of fat. I am losing inches. That is what you want.

Also, I guarantee you are not eating enough calories often enough during your day. I eat six meals a day and for me my daily calorie target is 3800 per day. Now this is a lot but I am a big man and have 254 lbs. of muscle on my frame so I have a big furnace. When my trainer told me I had to do this I thought he was nuts at first but he has been right all along and I have to trust the results.

I suggest you read body for life. This is the type of program and thinking you should focus on. Also, one day a week, I get a free day in which I get to eat whatever and how much of whatever I want.

This helps mentally. On free day if you want to drink 4 liters of Cherry Coke... go for it.... bacon double cheeseburger.... no problem. It means that my cravings don't overwhelm me because I know I can indulge them without guilt on that day.

Just thought I would share some thoughts. Best of luck

Mountain

Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #52
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks for the advice, Mountain. I am actually doing some weight training with dumbbells, and I bought a simple weight bench so I could bench press and that sort of thing.

Yesterday I had an odd jump to 210, but today back at 207.2. It's been a busy/stressful week, so I've neglected exercise and eaten pretty poorly. Will try to regroup starting tonight.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

This has somewhat fallen by the wayside as there have been some issues going on that have sapped my will to work out at night (and right now my back is really sore), but I weighed in at 206.8 this morning. I'm still going on this, although obviously I am falling considerably behind where I should be if I want to hit my goal. Hopefully I can settle back into a good routine soon.

I'm sure not making this look easy.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-17-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote