Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
Terps
College Prospect

The Tales Of Antonio McMillan - MLB2K10 My Player Dynasty

I figure I'd start a My Player dynasty to keep me busy until opening day rosters and the next 360 patch are released. I created a first baseman in the Orioles organization, Antonio McMillon.

Antonio is 18 years old, 6'0", weighs 220 lbs.

After being drafted by the Orioles on June 9th, I sign immediately to a 4 year minor league contract and report to the O's AA affiliate, the Bowie Baysox. The Baysox are currently 24-34, in last place, 10.5 GB the division leading Akron Aeros.

I would get called to duty on June 10th, pinch hitting in the bottom of the 9th against the Binghamton Mets. Knotted in a scoreless tie with 2 outs, I was called on to pinch hit and drive the runner in from 3rd.

I only take the bat off of my shoulder once, and that is to swing at strike 3. Fortunately, we would go on to win in extra innings, 2-0.

Even though I didn't have a great showing in my pinch hit at bat, I was told I was going to be penciled in the lineup, hitting clean-up no less, in game 2 against the Mets...

Last edited by Terps : 03-21-2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Changed player name because I just realized his name wasn't be announced when he walked up.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
Terps
College Prospect

June 11th, 2010

1st AB - Pitcher was throwing a lot of junk near the zone, and I was able to foul a few off. Ultimately ended up striking out on a curve out of the zone.

2nd AB - Make contact here, but ends up being a weak grounder to 2nd, and I'm easily put away.

3rd AB - A sigh of relief. On a 2-2 count, I smack one down the line for my first professional hit.

4th AB - I get in the hole 1-2, work back to a full count, and end up drawing the walk. Skip called for a hit and run, and I was going as the pitcher began his motion... Ended up being an inning ending double play as Andy Gonzalez lined it right back to the pitcher and they doubled me up.

All in all, a decent game for my first start of the season, let's hope I can keep it up.

We end up winning 4-3 in another extra inning game. We try to go for the sweep tomorrow, with Jim Armas on the hill against Jonathon Niese.

Last edited by Terps : 03-21-2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Pics disappearing.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #3
Terps
College Prospect

June 12th, 2010

1st AB - I look foolish and swing on an awful 3rd strike in the dirt. Blanco the catcher bobbles the ball, but easily throws me out at 1st.

2nd AB - Runners on 2nd and 3rd with 2 out. I hit a weak grounder to 3rd and get thrown out to end the inning.

3rd AB - Runners on 1st and 2nd with one away. 1-1 count, and I smack a fastball into right for a double, my first extra base hit, and my first RBI. Also advanced the runner to 3rd. We take a 5-1 lead. Andy Gonzalez strikes out on 3 pitches, and Benjamin Jesse grounds to 2nd, and I get stranded at 3rd.

4th AB - No one on, no one out. I hit a 2-2 fastball on the screws, but it's right at the 2nd baseman. We still lead, 5-2.

And that's where this one would end. A sweep of the Mets, but we don't gain any ground on Akron. We now sit at 27-34, still in last place.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Terps
College Prospect

June 13th, 2010

We open a series against the Harrisburg Senators. The Senators are 32-29, 6.5 GB Akron. Carl West is going on the mound for us, while Garrett Mock is pitching for the Sens. It's actually Mock's first start of the season. West is 5-5 with a 4.92 ERA.

My first at bat I'm up with runners of first and second. I hit a weak grounder that turns into a double play. Reynaldo Cedeno moves over to 3rd, but that's where he would be stranded.

We put up 3 runs in the 2nd, but the Sens answer back with 3 of their own in the top of the 3rd. I'm up in the bottom of the 3rd, with none on and one out. I take a 3-2 fastball into center for a single.

Not much going on, and I come to bat again in the bottom of the 5th with none on and one away. I take a 3-1 pitch into the gap in right center, but get greedy and try to stretch it into a triple and am gunned out by the cutoff man at 3rd.

The Senators go up 4-3 in the top of the 7th. I come up in the bottom of the inning but I strike out swinging. We manage to put up 2 more runs in the inning to take a 5-4 lead.

The Senators pounce for 3 more runs in the top of the 8th, while we only muster one in the bottom of the inning. 7-6 going to the top of the 9th. We hold them scoreless for the top half of the inning. I come up to lead off the bottom of the 9th. I work a full count but ground out to 2nd.

Andy Gonzalez walks after me, and then Benjamin Jesse comes up and hits a walk off 2 run home run, we win 8-7.

Matt Hinckley gets the win, while 'Everyday' Eddie Guardado takes the loss.

I go 2-5 with a double, and a strikeout.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #5
Terps
College Prospect

June 14, 2010

Game 2 against the Senators will feature J.D. Martin vs Murry Campillo. I'm in the lineup hitting cleanup.

1st AB - I'm leading off the bottom of the 2nd. 1st pitch is a fastball that I take on the outside corner for strike 1. I swing at a slider out of the zone for strike 2. Next pitch is a fastball high and outside that I take for a ball. I swing at a curveball in the dirt, and Martin puts me down on strikes.

The Sens put up a big 3rd inning, tallying 3 runs in the top half, and they lead 3-0. I'm up in the bottom half, with 2 outs and Reynaldo Cedeno on 1st. His single was our first hit of the game.

2nd AB - I take a curveball for a ball, and Jamie Burke can't hang onto it as it rolls to the backstop. Cedeno moves up to 2nd. 2 seamer down and away goes for ball 2. Cutter hits low and on the outside corner apparently and it's 2-1. Fastball is swung on but grounded to first, and that will end the inning.

A Jake Windsor triple with a man on 3rd gets us our first run in the bottom of the 5th. I'm coming up in the bottom of the 6th, with one out and Cedeno on first again, Senators up 3-1.

3rd AB - First pitch curveball is swung on and I'm behind 0-1. Fastball high and tight evens up the count. 2 seamer outside makes it 2-1. Slider low and away makes it 3-1. Cutter down the middle fills up the count. Another cutter inside this time punches me out. Bad call by the ump here.

Fortunately, we respond with 6 runs with 2 outs in the bottom of the 6th and we take a 7-3 lead. I'm due again in the bottom of the 7th, facing former major leaguer, Ron Villone. No one out, no one on.

4th AB - I take a fastball high and outside for ball 1. Cutter low and inside, 2-0. Cutter down the plate, 2-1. Another cutter, nearly the same spot, 2-2. Cutter once again, inside, I swing and go down on strikes for the 3rd time today.

Harrisburg ties it up with 3 runs in the top of the 9th, now a 7-7 game. I step to the plate with Brian Bati first and 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th.

5th AB - Fastball outside for a ball. Circle change misses the edge, 2-0. Fastball mid high for strike 1. 2 seamer high and outside, 3-1. I hit a fastball for a deep play ball to right.... But it's caught at the warning track. No heroics here.

We end up putting up 3 runs in the bottom of the 10th for a 10-8 win.

Kam Mickolio gets the win, Eddie Guardado takes the loss. Jake Windsor doubled twice, triple once and picked up 4 RBI.

Tomorrow we finish up a 3 game set with the Senators, hoping to extend our 6 game win streak.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
Terps
College Prospect

June 15th, 2010

Jim Aumonte (6-3, 4.35 ERA) vs. Chip Redmond (3-8, 4.57 ERA)

Hopefully I have a better showing than my 0-5, 3 K performance last night.

1st AB - Things already starting off better than last night. I take a first pitch fastball to center for a single. Moving Brian Bati over to 2nd.

Andy Gonzalez strikes out looking to strand me and Bati.

With runners on 1st and 2nd in the top of the 2nd, and 2 away, I field a grounder and make a backhanded flip to Redmond to end the threat.

We take a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the 2nd on a Felix Hildago ground out that scored Sparky Mendoza from 3rd.

2nd AB - I step up in the bottom of the 3rd, 2 on, 2 away. Fastball is low for ball one. Take a sinker on the inside corner for a strike. Sinker low and away makes it 2-1. Curve misses way outside to make it 3-1. Fastball outside and in the dirt, and I draw the walk.

Andy Gonzalez singles to right, moving me to 2nd. Benjamin Jesse grounds out to 2nd to end the inning.

We put up a 3 spot in the bottom of the 4th, while Harrisburg tallies one in the top of the 5th. 4-1 Baysox lead.

3rd AB - I lead off the bottom of the 5th. Fastball low and away for a ball. Sinker down the middle but low, 2-0. Sinker for a called strike, 2-1. Fastball on the inside corner evens the count. I make contact on a high fastball but ground out to 2nd.

Harrisburg puts up another run in the top of the 6th, to make it 4-2.

4th AB - I come up with 2 outs, no one on in the bottom of the 7th. Fastball high, 1-0. Swing on a fastball down the middle, but can't catch up to it, 1-1. Fastball low, 2-1. Another fastball over the plate, I connect and line it over the 2nd baseman, it goes into the gap, I have myself a stand up double.

Andy Gonzalez strikes out, leaving me at 2nd.

We score an insurance run in the bottom of the 8th, making it 5-2, and that's how it will ends. We've now rattled off 7 straight wins.

Redmond gets the win, Aumonte the loss. Reynaldo Cedeno hit a 3-run homer to pace us.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Terps
College Prospect

June 17th, 2010

We starting a 3 game series at Reading today, taking on the Reading Phillies. Alfredo Simon (2-8, 3.75) is pitching for our Baysox, while I'll be up against Phils starter Drew Carpenter (0-1, 3.86). I've been moved to the 3 spot in the lineup today.

Since the patch enabled check swings, I'm switching to swing stick hitting, as it's not available on classic controls.

1st AB - 1st pitch is a 2 seamer low for ball one. Fastball on the outside corner for a called strike. Next is a fastball that nearly hits me in the chest, 2-1. 2 seamer fouled off, 2-2. Fastball outside, and the count is full. I swing late on a slider down the middle, and go down on strikes.

We would take a 1-0 lead in the top of the 1st on a Reynaldo Cedeno homer. The Phils would take the lead in the bottom of the second on a Paul Stevens 2 run homer.

2nd AB - Top of the 3rd, Cedeno and Calvin Gin on, no outs. First up is a 2 seamer low and away for ball one. 2nd pitch fastball fouled off, 1-1. Fastball high and tight, 2-1. Fastball low and away, 3-1. 2 seamer in the dirt, I draw the walk, that will load the bases with no outs.

It's stupid that I fail the goal even though I draw the walk. The goal was to drive in a run. It should at least be cancelled, since I still reached base.

Andy Gonzalez grounds to first and they get Gin at home. Gonzalez reaches first, still keep the bases loaded, with 1 down. Benjamin Jesse strikes out swinging. Jake Windsor grounds out to 2nd and the bases are left loaded.

The Phils score on a Andre Britt RBI groundout in the bottom of the 3rd. We get a run in the top half of the 4th, on a Alfredo Simon single that scores Sparky Mendoza. We trail 3-2.

3rd AB - Top of the 4th, bases loaded, only one out. First pitch fastball low and away for ball one. Changeup outside, 2-0. I swing at a slider that would've been ball 3, 2-1. Fastball down the middle fouled back, 2-2. Slider low and away works the count full. 2 seamer high and I can't catch up to it, down on strikes again.

Back to back singles by Gonzalez and Jesse would plate us 3, and we take a 4-3 lead.

4th AB - Still a 4-3 game in the top of the 6th. I'm up with none on and 1 out. First pitch is a 2 seamer, swing and miss, strike one. Another 2 seamer, low and away, 1-1. 2 seamer high and tight, 2-1. Slider down the middle, taken for strike 2. 2 seamer inside, full count. 2 seamer low and away, drawing my second walk of the game.

Once again I fail the goal, because it was to get a base hit.

We go for a hit and run, I take off on movement by new pitcher Sergio Escalona. It doesn't matter, as Andy Gonzalez takes a first pitch fastball over the left centerfield wall for a 2 run homer. That gives us a 6-3 lead.

5th AB - Bottom of the 8th, still 6-3. No one on, no one out. Sergio Escalona pitching. 1st pitch swinging, I drive one to deep left center, but it's caught at the track.

6th AB - Top of the 9th, bases loaded, 2 outs. Sergio Escalona still pitching. I go first pitch swinging again, but it's a weak grounder to 2nd for the 3rd out.

Kam Mickolio gave up a double, and Matt Albers came in to finish it off. 6-3 Baysox win, now 8 games in a row.

Not a great game for me, but at least I show my patience of working the count by drawing 2 walks.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Terps
College Prospect

June 18th, 2010

Jim Armas (1-0, 2.00) is on the hill for us against Tuffy Cuttinger (2-8, 5.75.) I'm in the 3 hole again.

1st AB - Top of the 1st, one on, one out. I take a first pitch fastball into right for a single.

Andy Gonzalez flies out to the track in center. Benjamin Jesse singles to center, scoring Calvin Gin and moving me to 3rd. Jake Windsor walks to load the bases. Sparky Mendoza singles to center, scoring myself and Jesse. That would put us up 3-0. And then we add another in the top of the 2nd on a Reynaldo Cedeno solo homer.

2nd AB - Top of the 2nd, no one on, 2 outs. 1st pitch is a fastball outside, 1-0. Another fastball swung on and missed, 1-1. Fastball low and away 2-1. Another fastball low and away, 3-1. I take a Cuttinger fastball off the wall in right for a stand up triple.

Andy Gonzalez doubled off the wall in right center to plate me, giving us a 5-0 lead. We would score on a Reynaldo Cedeno ground out in the 4th, making it 6-0.

3rd AB - Top of the 4th, Calvin Gin on 3rd, one away. Pitcher is Martin Denove. I line the first pitch fastball right at the first baseman for the 2nd out of the inning.

Score would stay that way until the 6th, when Andre Britt hit a RBI double for the Phils. 6-1.

4th AB - Leading off the top of the 7th, Denove still on the hill. 1st pitch fastball on the high inside corner for strike 1. Fastball again down the middle, can't catch up, 0-2. Curveball has me fooled and I go down on strikes.

Score still 6-1 heading to the top of the 9th.

5th AB - Top of the 9th, Cedeno on 1st, Gin on 2nd, one away. Denove still pitching. First pitch is a cutter low and away for a ball. Cutter again that I'm late on, 1-1. 3rd pitch is a fastball that hits me in the back.

Bases loaded now for Andy Gonzalez. Gonzalez drives one in on a single to center, making it 7-1. Bases still loaded with one out. Benjamin Jesse goes down on strikes. Jake Windsor flied out to center to end the inning.

Dennis Sarfate nailed it down for our 9th straight win. We had 7 runs on 9 hits, while the Phils had 1 run on 8 hits.

Armas gets the win, while Cuttinger takes the loss.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #9
Terps
College Prospect

June 19th, 2010

Carl West (0-0, 4.26/Was 5-5, 4.92 at AAA Norfolk) vs. Jacque Christiansen (1-4, 4.21)

Going for the sweep of Reading today.

Calvin Gin leads off the game with a HR, Reynaldo Cedeno strikes out.

1st AB - None on, none out. 1st pitch is a high fastball in the zone for strike one. Another fastball, I can't catch up to, and I'm quickly in the hole, 0-2. Slider outside, 1-2. Slider inside, but breaks over the plate for a called third strike.

2nd AB - Reynaldo Cedeno hits a double, I'm up next, with no outs. 1st pitch is a fastball high and outside, ball one. Fastball high and inside, 2-0. Fastball on the the inside corner, 2-1. Slider fouled away, 2-2. Slider paints the outside corner, struck out looking again.

Still 1-0 game in the top of the 5th.

Calvin Gin lead off the inning with a triple, but he was unable to score on a grounder by Cedeno.

3rd AB - 1 out, Cedeno on 1st. Low slider swung on for strike one. Circle change outside, 1-1. Fastball hit on the ground to 2nd, Cedeno is out, but I make it to first safe.

Andy Gonzalez strikes out to end the inning.

Still 1-0 heading to the top of the 7th. Carl West strikes out leading off the inning, then back to back walks to Gin and Cedeno. Cla Rademacher is now on the hill for Reading.

4th AB - 2 on, 1 out. Slider on the outside corner swung on for strike one. Sinker is low, 1-1. Fastball fouled back, 1-2. Sinker outside evens it up. I hit a lazy fly ball to right for the 2nd out.

A 2 run homer by Richard Turner in the bottom of the 7th would give the Phils the lead for good, 2-1. I was in the on deck circle in the top of the 9th as Reynaldo Cedeno struck out swinging for the 3rd out.

That snaps our 9 game win streak. Rademacher (2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K) gets the win, West (6 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 3 K) the loss, and Ken Belkin picks up his 14th save. Christiansen turned in a great performance for the Phils, going 6.1 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 2 BB, and 10 K's.

Next up, we head to Harrisburg for a 3 game series with the Senators.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #10
Terps
College Prospect

June 20th, 2010

Murry Campillo (0-0, 4.50 in 1 start) vs. J.D. Martin (4-6, 5.29 in 13 starts)

1st AB - None on, 2 out. I take a curve low for a ball. Fastball outside for ball two. Slider outside, 3-0. Fastball in the dirt, and I draw a 4 pitch walk.

Andy Gonzalez strikes out swinging for the 3rd out.

Harrisburg puts up a 4 spot in the bottom of the 2nd, with RBI's from Jayce Read, Eric Bruntlett, Jamie Burke, and J.D. Martin.

2nd AB - Top of the 4th, no one on, no one out, still 4-0. First pitch is a fastball low that I let go by for ball one. 2nd pitch is a slider that I ground to first for the out.

The Senators get 3 more runs in the bottom of the 4th, to take a 7-0. lead.

3rd AB - Top of the 5th, bases loaded with one out. Cutter low and away, swung on for a strike. 2 seamer on the high outside corner for called strike 2. 2 seamer low and away, 1-2. Curveball has me swinging early, down on strikes.

We manage to get 2 runs in the inning, and get 1 more back in the top of the 6th.

4th AB - Top of the 6th, runners on 2nd and 3rd, 2 out. Ron Villone is now pitching. I line a high fastball on the first pitch up the middle for a single and 2 RBI. Now a 7-5 ball game.

5th AB - Top of the 8th, runners on 1st and 2nd, with 1 out. Ron Villone still pitching for the Sens. Cutter high and away for ball one. Fastball in the dirt, 2-0. Cutter fouled back, 2-1. Slider just misses the outside corner, 3-1. I hit a high fastball on the ground just past the diving second baseman for a single, scoring Justin Turner from 2nd, for my 3rd RBI of the night!

Harrisburg now turns to Eddie Guardado on the mound. Andy Gonzalez strikes out looking. Benjamin Jesse grounds to first for the 3rd out, but it's now a 7-6 game.

That's how this one would end. Now 2 losses in a row coming off a 9 game winning streak.

J.D. Martin picks up the win (5.1 IP, 6H, 4R, 5BB, 6 K's), Campillo (3.2 IP, 10 H, 7R, 3 BB, 4 K's) the loss, Guardado the save, his 10th. No one for the Senators had a multi RBI game, but 7 players had 1.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
Terps
College Prospect

June 21st, 2010

Chip Redmond (4-8, 4.43 in 14 starts) vs. Jim Aumonte (6-4, 4.41 in 14 starts)

1st AB - Top of the 1st, one on, one out. First pitch is a sinker that crosses the plate, 0-1. Fastball paints the outside corner, 0-2. Curve low and away 1-2. Next pitch is a sinker that I put into right, just in front of the right fielder for a single.

Andy Gonzalez hits into a double play to end the inning.

In the top of the 2nd, we put up 2 runs, off a Felix Hidalgo RBI double and a Chip Redmond sac fly.

2nd AB - Top of the 2nd, bases loaded, 2 outs. Fastball low, 1-0. Curve low and away, 2-0. Fastball down the middle, 2-1. Fastball again, I swing late, 2-2. Another fastball that I can't catch up on puts me down on strikes and ends the threat and the inning.

We strike with two more runs in the top of the 4th, with a Felix Hidalgo RBI triple, and another Redmond sac fly.

3rd AB - Top of the 4th, runners on 1st and 2nd with one out. First pitch sinker swung on and missed, 0-1. Fastball on the outside corner, 0-2. Sinker low and away, 1-2. Sinker low, swung on and missed, strike 3.

4th AB - Top of the 6th, bases loaded, no one out. Still a 4-0 lead. Aumonte still on the hill. I hit into a first pitch double play, but still bring the run home from 3rd.

We'd add another, while Harrisburg would score 2 in the bottom half. Now 6-2.

5th AB - Whew... Top of the 7th, 2 outs, bases loaded AGAIN. Miguel Batista is now pitching. First pitch is a slurve that goes over, 0-1. 2 seamer low, 1-1. Fastball too high, 2-1. Fastball hit past the first baseman on his left side for a single and a RBI.

Andy Gonzalez swings at the very next pitch and it's a slow rolling single to center, good enough to score 2 and move me over to 3rd. Benjamin Jesse strikes out to end the inning. We're now up 9-2.

Harrisburg would add a run in the bottom of the 7th. We now head to the top of the 9th, a 9-3 Bowie lead.

6th AB - 1 out, none on. Batista still pitching. First pitch is a high fastball that I put in between the first and second basemen, my 3rd hit of the game.

Andy Gonzalez singled. I get picked off leaning too far towards 3rd for the 2nd out.

Harrisburg would add 2 more in the bottom of the 9th, but it's not enough as we hold on to a 9-5 win.

Redmond (5.2 IP, 8H, 2R, 2BB, 4 K's) gets the win, Aumonte (5.2 IP, 9H, 6R, 4 ER, 5BB, 4 K's) the loss, while Kam Mickolio pitches the final 3 and a third to pick up the save.

Mike Morse was 2-5 with a 2 run homer for the Senators, while Nevin Bosick and Luke Cunnane each had solo homers for them. Myself, Gonzalez, Jesse, Sparky Mendoza and Hidalgo all had multi hit games for Bowie.