Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

NBA 2k10: Return of the Bad Boys

Based off Radii's great PS3 dynasty, I am starting an Xbox 360 dynasty with the Detroit Pistons. I will shamelessly steal his format also, that's how great his is.

Roster set: Nogman's OS rosters.
Slider set: Undecided at this point. I probably will tinker with the set Radii is using and use those.

Draft classes: CPU generated

Trades and trade override is on, I plan on being fair so I am not concerned with all of that.

I'll add the final sliders I decide to use here.

Also as a note, I plan on simming 6 games, then playing the 7th so I can move at a solid pace.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Coaching Staff

Head Coach: John Kuester
C Offense, D Defense, D Teacher, C Potential

I will probably have to find a replacement here but I'll give him at least this season.

Assistant Coach: Brian Hill
C Offense, B Defense, D Teacher, C Potential

A solid assistant, especially at just 500k/yr.

NBA Scout: Mack Goodrich
B Level, B Potential

I fired my previous scout Danny Williams, who was a D and C and made 3 mil a year. Goodrich only makes 1.2 mil per now and is far superior.

Prospect Scout #1: Chad Thorpe
C Level, C Potential

Prospect Scout #2: Spencer Woods
B Level, C Potential

Prospect Scout #3: Tracy Kemp
C Level, A Potential

A solid but unspectacular group. All of them are fairly cheap but we need to make some changes after the season to get at least one dynamite scout.

Trainer: Christopher Cruise
B Level, C Potential

He's okay. Only has 1 year left and makes 500K.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pistons and Clippers Huge Swap

Detroit Pistons send: SF Tayshaun Prince, C Kwame Brown, 2010 2nd round pick, 2011 2nd round pick

LA Clippers send: C Chris Kaman, SF Rasual Butler

What this means for the Pistons: Detroit opens up a log jam at SF by trading the versatile Prince (76 OV, 2 years/21 mil left on contract) to the Clippers. In exchange they get Chris Kaman (75 OV, C POT), a solid big man the Pistons do not have.

What this means for the Clippers: LA gets a versatile SF to complete a starting 5 that now features Davis, Gordon, Prince, Griffin and Camby. They get Prince for 2 more years, plus an expiring contract in Kwame Brown and a couple of 2nd round picks.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2009-10 Detroit Pistons Roster

Starters

PG Rodney Stuckey - 23 y/o - 6'5, 205 lbs - 73 OV

Stuckey is not a real PG. He's a slasher who happens to be playing point out of necessity. I suspect I'll be looking for a real PG this season, either via trade or the draft.

SG Rip Hamilton - 31 y/o - 6'7", 193 lbs - 78 OV

Our best player, Rip is going to be counted on to score for us. He is a guy I'd love to move because of his bloated contract but I am not sure I see that being possible this season.

SF - Jonas Jerebko - 22 y/o - 6'10", 231 lbs - 64 OV

With Prince gone this is a weakness, but we have three rookies here, plus Rasul Butler, so we can try different things. Jerebko is a rookie though, but he has the ability to stretch defenses (B- outside shot) and he should be a solid rebounder.

PF - Charlies Villanueva - 25 y/o - 6'11", 232 lbs - 73 OV

Charlie Eyebrows is a solid guy entering his prime. He gives us incredible length when you consider we will have a 6'10" SF and 7" C next to him. That said, he is a weak defender which is a problem many guys on this team have.

C - Chris Kaman - 27 y/o - 7", 265 lbs - 75 OV

The focal point of our team now, Kaman is our best inside player. He is going to be counted on to be both an offensive and defensive threat in the post or we will be abused night in and night out.

6th Man

SG Ben Gordon - 26 OV - 6'3", 200 lbs - 77 OV

Our best scorer after Rip, Gordon is a guy who might eventually take over for Rip at SG this season. He is going to play 30 + minutes and hopefully provide a spark off the bench. He makes a lot of money, so he needs to deliver.

Role Players

C Ben Wallace - 35 y/o - 6'9", 240 lbs - 67 OV

Ben is what he is, a dynamic defensive player with virtually no upside on the offensive end of the court. He will still play a ton for us, hopefully helping us set a tone on the defensive end.

PG Will Bynum - 26 OV - 6", 185 lbs - 69 OV

Bynum is a dynamic PG with tons of athleticism but he isn't a true PG much like Stuckey. He will see a lot of time but I have my worries how effective he can be night in and night out.

PF Jason Maxiell - 26 y/o - 6'7", 260 lbs - 64 OV

Maxiell is another guy who is solid, but has limited upside. He's undersized, but fairly quick. Hopefully he can play 10-15 minutes a night and get some boards, block a shot or two and get buckets when possible.

PF - Chris Wilcox - 27 y/o, 6'10", 235 lbs - 64 OV

Wilcox is another guy who adds some size and can rebound and score a bit. Not a good defender (common theme), he'll do what he can for us.

SF - Rasual Butler - 30 y/o - 6'7", 205 lbs - 67 OV

Butler will play some, but with three rookie SF's on the roster, I don't see him playing that much unless we really need it.

Prospects

SF Austin Daye - 21 y/o - 6'11", 200 lbs - 61 OV

Another lanky SF who needs to bulk up to be any good. He can shoot the ball, but that's about all he can do right now outside of blocking shots. He'll play some but he is a project and could end up in the D-League.

SF DaJuan Summers - 21 y/o - 6'8", 240 lbs - 59 OV

Summers has some potential, but he is going to be a SF who plays down low and tries to bully people around the basket. He's a project and will probably go to the D-League.

Bench Guy

PG Chucky Atkins - 35 y/o - 5'11", 185 lbs - 61 OV

Atkins will basically be a player coach for us, with emphasis on the coach. If he plays we're going to end up with a top 5 pick.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Roster Moves

- We decide to send Austin Date and DaJuan Summers to the D-League. They just are not ready, and Butler gives us the flexibility to just break one guy in at a time.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Scouting

- We scout some young PG's around the NBA, plus our young guys.

- As far as the NBA Draft goes, we scout the top 3 players right now, which are two PG's and a SG.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:06 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

October 28th - Detroit (0-0) @ Memphis (0-0)

Detroit 116
Memphis 101

Wowza. We score 60 in the first half, and coast from there, leading by 21 at one point in the third. Ben Gordon scores 23 points for us to lead the team. Rip adds 22 and 6 assists. Stuckey had 18 points and 5 assits. Chris Kaman had 12 and 10 in his debut and Jonas Jerebko had 6 points, 2 boards and 2 assists in his first game.

October 30th - Detroit (1-0) vs Oklahoma City (1-0)

Detroit 99
Oklahoma City 83

Another impressive win, this time vs a good team. Chris Kaman explodes with 32 points and 4 rebounds. Charlie V adds 8 points and 13 rebounds despite having a bruised heel. Most impressively, we hold Kevin Durant to just 19 points on 8 of 17 shooting.

October 31st - Detroit (2-0) @ Milwaukee (1-0)

Milwaukee 108
Detroit 105

Michael Redd and Brandon Jennings combine for 50 points, and the Bucks pull off a 108-105 win in what was an exciting game. Chris Kaman lead the charge for us, with a huge night. He had 28 points and 15 boards, while Rip had 11 points and 13 assists. Jerebko was also solid with 13 points on the night.

November 3rd - Detroit (2-1) vs Orlando (1-2)

Detroit 102
Orlando 101

Wow, another nail biter, except we pull it out this time. Kaman has another double double, going for 18 and 11, while Gordon lead our team with 19 points. Dwight Howard was a force for the Magic, going for 20 and 14 but it wasn't enough and we move to 3-1.

November 4th - Detroit (3-1) @ Toronto (3-0)

Detroit 84
Toronto 81

It's getting absurd how a. we're 4-1, and b. we are playing so many close games. Tonight though we do it with D. Charlie V and Kaman both get double doubles. Villanueva with 19 and 11 and Kaman with 17 and 10. Bargnani lead all scorers with 25.

November 6th - Detroit (4-1) @ Orlando (2-3)

Orlando 101
Detroit 98

Another 3 point game, only we fall this time around. Kaman was great, falling just one rebound short of another double double, but he still had 29 and 9, but only one other Piston had 15, which was Charlie V who hit 15 right on the dot. Jerebko had his best game yet though, with 12 and 8. DHoward was a monster for Orlando with 14 points and 18 boards.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 01-22-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Balldog
Pro Rookie

You are better than Joe already!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
You are better than Joe already!

Heh, wasn't hard.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

November 8th - Detroit (4-2) vs Philadelphia (4-1)

Scouting the 76'ers

The 76'ers are a run and gun team that is currently has 6 players scoring in double figures. Leading the way is PG Louis Williams at 20.6 ppg. Allen Iverson is averaging 17.2 ppg, while the other AI, Andre Iguodala is averaging 16 ppg/6.4 apg/5.6 rpg. Elton Brand is also enjoying a solid year with 13.8 ppg and 9.4 rpg.

We match up well with a team like this. It should be a high scoring affair.

First Quarter
76'ers 30 - Pistons 19

We are unable to stop the 76'ers early as the two AI's combine for 20 first quarter points. Louis Williams makes a highlight ally oop pass to Iguodala that really gave them momentum. Charlie Villanaueva lead us with 8 points.

Second Quarter
76'ers 48 - Pistons 47

A furious comeback is spearheaded by Rip and Jerebko, who combine for 14 second quarter points, with Jerebko hitting back to back 3's from the corner on drive and dishes from Stuckey to put us within 1. We have to find a way to stop Thaddeus Young though, who has 15 off the bench for the Sixers.

Third Quarter

Pistons 71 - 76'ers 69

The game continues to be an up and down affair, though the tempo was slowed a little by a stretch of around three minutes where neither team could hit a shot to save their lives. Villanueva continues to impress with 21 and 9, while Kaman has 13 and 12. Rasaul Butler also came in and had a nice and 1 to help the cause. We have really stepped up the D on Iggy and AI who have just 6 point between them since their huge 1st.

Fourth Quarter/Final
Pistons 96 - 76'ers 88

We pull away late, doing a ton of work at the FT line and we take the 8 point win. We do get bad news though as Rip strains his quad and will miss 1-2 weeks.

Final Stats

Pistons

Charlie Villanueva: 21 points/11 rebounds
Chris Kaman: 20 poins/15 rebounds
Ben Gordon: 17 points

76'ers

Thaddeus Young: 21 points
Allen Iverson: 14 points/8 assists
Elton Brand: 9 points/15 rebounds
Old 01-23-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Misc. Team News

- We send out our college scouts to check out a few more PG's. This will be a PG/PF pick for us most likely. No way we can add a SG or SF. Center might be an option as we're thin after Kaman but we'll see.

- With Rip out, we put Ben Gordon in at the 2 and move Bynum up to our 6th man. Gordon and Stuckey will be playing a ton in his absence.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bah had an update all written and my CPU froze. Here is a brief rundown:

Det 92 - Cha 81
Was 95 - Det 79
Det 98 - Dal 93
LAL 104 - Det 95
Por 96 - Det 89
Det 99 - Uta 94