Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #751
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Yup, that's me too. I can't just have 1 cookie or a small handful of chips, I want the whole bag. For me it's best not to have the stuff in the apt. or to have 1 taste or it's over.

Weight - 185.4
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Zumba and BodyCombat

Back-to-back Zumba and BodyCombat yesterday. Today's my recovery day and I'll do so by vedging in front of the tv watching football all day
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:10 AM   #752
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

dola,

Just looked back at some of my old posts and the last time I was 185 was in December 2006... wow, almost 5 years ago. My goal to reach 170 by the end of the year is not gonna happen but I'll be happy if I'm 180 by years end.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #753
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 184.4

This is more like it:
Attached Images
File Type: png WL12.6.10.PNG (38.0 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 12-06-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 AM   #754
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice...on the road for a week for business...come back and have a big dinner (didn't really eat all day), weigh myself shortly after dinner (dinner at 9:30 instead of the usual 7), and I was still 237lbs, which means I didn't put on basically any weight during the week of business-travel and no exercise.

Great news.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #755
RainMaker
General Manager

Still rolling along here. Been losing weight despite having a few cheat meals thrown in. When I have a cheat meal that is high in calories, I try to limit my foods in my other meals though so I'm guessing calories work out the same.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #756
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was out of town Sunday afternoon through Tuesday night for a job interview and I was home by mom and friends again. As a result, I was only able to workout 4 days this week and I ate so-so for 3 days. So, I was thrilled with my overall results.

Weight: 201 (-1 this week and -62 overall)

Diet: 4 days of 1400 calories or less. 3 days considerably more.

Exercise: 26-30 miles per day on the exercise bike along with pushups, crunches, and light weight work 4 days this past week. 3 days of only push-ups and sit-ups.

Next few weeks will be challenging as I can't do too much working out after this Monday when I'm having my gallbladder removed.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-08-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #757
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

JK - false alarm on the 237. Weighed myself this morning (think I'm going to move to morning weigh-ins), and I was 235. So I actually managed to lose some weight on my trip, which is AWESOME!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #758
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

234.2 - here we go again!!

maybe the week off of exercise was good, as it'll let me...jump-start things and get some good weight-loss going before I start the weightlifting segment of my working-out
Old 12-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #759
JediKooter
Coordinator

Dang, everyone is doing pretty good here. I seem to have hit some weird plateau and am stuck on 255. It could be because I have been sick now for almost a week and have been drinking a lot of water. I only eat a salad for lunch and then for dinner, which has been mostly pork lately, maybe 800 calories. Whatever 2 medium sized porkchops would be, cooked with olive oil and then some pepper and garlic salt for seasoning.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 AM   #760
RainMaker
General Manager

How long have you been stuck for? If it's less than a week or two, it's likely just water weight you're retaining because of your illness.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #761
sabotai
General Manager

I've plateaued in weight for the last 2-3 weeks, but my fat and muscle percentages are heading in the right directions. If the numbers aren't lying, I've been losing a bit of fat but gaining a bit of muscle. Sounds good to me. I'll take it.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #762
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How long have you been stuck for? If it's less than a week or two, it's likely just water weight you're retaining because of your illness.

It's been about a week and a half now. Oh ok cool. Hopefully that's all it is. I was hoping to be in the 240s by the end of December.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #763
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
It's been about a week and a half now. Oh ok cool. Hopefully that's all it is. I was hoping to be in the 240s by the end of December.
Water weight is usually always the culprit. Not sure if you're doing this, but try and weigh yourself at the same time each day. Usually first thing in the morning after you've gotten everything out of your system. That way your stomach and bowels are likely as empty as they'll be. You'll get a more accurate result on a weekly basis. It can fluctuate by a lot in people.

And if all you've had is 800 calories a day, there is literally no way you could possibly add any fat to your body. Your body at your weight likely needs 2500-3000 just to function without burning fat storage.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #764
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I've plateaued in weight for the last 2-3 weeks, but my fat and muscle percentages are heading in the right directions. If the numbers aren't lying, I've been losing a bit of fat but gaining a bit of muscle. Sounds good to me. I'll take it.
That's the way to go. Weight is sort of silly in the end, it's all about body fat %.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #765
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

232.8 this morning, which I was really happy to see.

But then I had a conference call at work that didn't get over till 8PM and I stopped at 5 Guys for dinner (stupid me) and feel like I ate too much.

Wish I could make myself throw it up.

Can't work out tomorrow either because I'm going to be in an offsite retreat all day. Well unless I wake up at the fucking crack of dawn, which I'm really not inclined to do.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #766
JediKooter
Coordinator

Nice progress DT. I don't think 5 guys will hurt you much at all. I think it's different if you go there more than once a week, it will start to add up.

I'm thinking about starting the super model diet...cocaine and cigarettes.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #767
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

My friend shared this video with me. I got all teary eyed watching it. Truly inspirational, take a look:

Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #768
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

dola,

Haven't weighed myself in several days. Frankly I don't wanna. I started a new job and there's food all over the damn place and I didn't have the discipline to say no. Going to the gym has been a little difficult, but I did manage to go on Tuesday for Zumba and Saturday did Zumba and BodyCombat. I get off at 5 and by the time I get home, eat and get ready, it's late and I have to fight through traffic to get to the gym. My schedule should change in a month so I'll be able to get off early and make it in time for the earlier classes.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 AM   #769
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I haven't wanted to weigh myself for several days and I haven't liked what I've seen. I blew up to 205 after the surgery, but I'm now down to 203. Still can't work out yet, but at least I'm not taking pain pills anymore and therefore not needing to constantly keep my stomach coated.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #770
sabotai
General Manager

New low weight today: 232.4. I guess that officially puts me lower than I was at my lowest last year (in the 233.X range). It's a weekend weight, though, so it'll take a week or two for my during-the-week weights to catch up.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:50 PM   #771
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
New low weight today: 232.4. I guess that officially puts me lower than I was at my lowest last year (in the 233.X range). It's a weekend weight, though, so it'll take a week or two for my during-the-week weights to catch up.

Nice. I was 232-flat this morning.

Go us!!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 AM   #772
Icy
Pro Starter

Nice video Dodgerchick, got me in tears and it's not something easy to see, i have bookmarked it as inspiration and have also gone to the dude's blog (www.bendoeslife.com) to read more about it.

Amazing stuff he has accomplished, from being a depressed obese to end featured in a top running magazine after running a marathon, ironman and losing 120 pounds in less than two years.

I'm not even close to his starting point, i consider myself overweight at 207lbs 5'11" but my new weight machine said to me that i was obese (shut up motherfucker!) in September and since then i started running besides playing soccer once per week.

I'm going to post here updates too after the failure of my back into soccer dynasty that i have not updated for a while even when i'm still playing. Hope that writing just a few lines here will be easier that writing a full dynasty, where i lose motivation so fast.

Goals:
I have been running the since August, 2 days per week, around 3.7 miles in 40 minutes, that is slow pace. My goal is to run 10 miles in 1 hour 30 minutes that is still average pace, but it's more about the time running without stop.

My starting weight right now is: 207.2 pounds, my goal for June 1st is: 185 pounds.

I'm 35 years old and my height is: 5'11"

Eating:
During the week I heat pretty healthy, with lots of salads and vegetables, grilled chicken, fish and meat, etc but when we go out for dinner on weekends, i usually lose control and eat too much and unhealthy stuff like Pizza or hamburgers with fries, that leads to frustration as i can recover in 2 days what i lost in 5. I drink water or coke zero, maybe a non alcohol beer or two during weekends.

So besides weekends, my diet is good already and it's not that i can eat much less or more healthy, but a big problem i have is that i sit in my pc for around 14 hours per day so my calories intake should be pretty low, i think around 2000 max to keep weight or lose it if i add the workout. AS i can't change my diet a lot besides controlling myself on weekends, i need to add more workouts.

Workout:
I have been afraid of running more than 2 days per week (plus the weekly soccer match) because my knees and/or because i still feel soreness on my legs even when i don't feel specially tired after finishing my running workout, but i think i need to increase it now that i'm more in shape.

My new workout schedule from now until Feb 1 must be:

Sunday: Soccer match
Monday: rest as the soccer game leaves me so sore.
Tuesday: 20 minutes cycling machine + Workout (pushups, abs, weight lifting, etc in a circuit)
Wednesday: 40 minutes jogging
Thursday: 20 minutes cycling machine + Workout (pushups, abs, weight lifting, etc in a circuit)
Friday: 40 minutes jogging with some sprints in between.
Saturday: rest to get ready for soccer.

If one week i don't have soccer game (like now during holidays) i'll replace it with 1 hour jogging.

Last edited by Icy : 12-20-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #773
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

231.4 this morning - new low.

Also - officially 31lbs lost! Another 45-50 to go...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #774
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nice DT!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #775
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I feel like I'm not doing too bad considering I haven't been allowed to work out for 10 days (due to the surgery) and last week I ate more than usual to coat my stomach before taking pain pills.

Wt: 203 (up 2 lbs since last official weigh in 2 weeks ago.)
Exercise: None (will be able to start biking next week, but no weight work for another 2-3 weeks per my surgeon.)
Diet: Sticking to mostly 1400 calories/day since Sunday, but above that from Weds to Saturday.)
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #776
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

231.4 again today, which isi great. Don't mind being flat for a couple days in a row, as it usually means that the third day there will be a dropoff.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #777
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I finally started hitting the workouts hard again ten days ago. I'm down four pounds. Watching the food intake has been interesting to say the least, but I've been successful. I'll have some work to do over the next few days while I watch what I eat.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:18 PM   #778
Poli
FOFC Survivor

175.2 this morning!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #779
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Down to 228.8 this morning. While I was at the gym today I talked to the owner about setting up a session with a personal trainer to get a weightlifting program going too, so that will help to "accelerate" things as i start into the 2nd phase of my weight-loss (down 34lbs since early Sept. when I kicked this off).
Old 01-05-2011, 05:58 AM   #780
Poli
FOFC Survivor

173.2! Very happy with my progress thus far considering I made it through the holidays!
Old 01-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #781
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I seem to be like...stuck at 228. But I've slacked off on being a food-nazi lately - particularly with after-dinner snacks (nothing horrible - maybe a handful of goldfish or a couple handfuls of cheerios), and some holiday yummies (I had to go out and get myself a container of light eggnog...okay okay...2 containers).

That's alright though, because today, tomorrow and friday I'm seeing a personal trainer and getting a 3-day rotation of weight-lifting, which will kick-start my metabolism and lead back to increased weight-loss. I've also added more protien into my diet in anticipation, egg-beaters every morning (just 1/4 cup = 30 calories and like 12% of your day's protien)

So then my gym schedule will be "1 day cardio/ 1 day back+shoulders/ 1 day cardio/ 1 day core+arms/ 1 day anerobic cardio/1 day legs/ 1 day off"

I will get this next like...43lbs off. It will fucking happen. And for the first time in my life, it will fucking stay off!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-05-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #782
JediKooter
Coordinator

Looks like everyone is still kicking some ass here, even with the holiday stretch we all went through. I've finally reached the 240s. Last weight check was 249 yesterday.

Old 01-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #783
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Looks like everyone is still kicking some ass here, even with the holiday stretch we all went through. I've finally reached the 240s. Last weight check was 249 yesterday.

Love that - breaking into a new territory is always so motivating!!

go Jedi!!
Old 01-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #784
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My trainer today actually really enlighted me to the benefits of anerobic cardio versus aerobic cardio. Just short little bursts, one minute on and 2 minutes off for 20 minutes...the bursts of one minute will really increase the fat-burning. very very interesting. looking forward to it.

in other news - my back and shoulders are muy weak. i know it's all about repititions and doing them well and such, but i'm still going to enjoy being able to start increasing weights once i get to that point.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #785
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Love that - breaking into a new territory is always so motivating!!

go Jedi!!

I was surprised in a good way when I saw that as I wasn't really sticking to my diet when I was visiting my mom. I've got my eyes set on the 230s now.

Hmmm, so 1 minute on and 2 minutes off? That does sound interesting. Does it have to be a super intense 1 minute though?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #786
sabotai
General Manager

I've been in a holding pattern for about a month. Thanksgiving + Christmas = around too much food. I'm just happy I didn't gain any back.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #787
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Keep up the good work gentlemen (and ladies).
Old 01-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #788
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
I was surprised in a good way when I saw that as I wasn't really sticking to my diet when I was visiting my mom. I've got my eyes set on the 230s now.

Hmmm, so 1 minute on and 2 minutes off? That does sound interesting. Does it have to be a super intense 1 minute though?

Yeah, it has to be 100% for that one minute. Totally gut-busting, heart-pounding. It's called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and it's been very much the rage the last couple of years (aka the Turbo Fire exercise program amongst others). Most of what I've seen is a minute on, a minute off. It sounds easy, but if you're really doing 100% for that minute, it's very difficult and tiring.

Another way is to build up to it with cardio for 3-5 minutes and then go hard for that one minute. Then you take a minute off to catch your breath and start off with your normal cardio for another 3-5 minutes. Then you blow it out for a minute and rest. Repeat until you puke.

Last edited by Blackadar : 01-06-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:22 AM   #789
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Ain't done jack for 3 weeks. For shame. I'm +5 lbs. since Thanksgiving. Not too shabby considering.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #790
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

My trainer ditched me today...whoops on him. So I just did my usual cardio routine.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #791
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Ain't done jack for 3 weeks. For shame. I'm +5 lbs. since Thanksgiving. Not too shabby considering.
I'm in the same boat. Done pretty much nothing since a couple days before Christmas. Tomorrow I'm getting my ass focused and back on track.

While it sucks to be set back a couple weeks, the mental break was really good. Although we'll see how hard it is to get back on track.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #792
The Jackal
Coordinator

In an effort to further motivate myself I think I'll join in on posting my efforts here. I'm about 6'2 and a half, weighed in at 215.2 this morning. After putting on a freshman 20-25 pounds seven (wow, already?) years ago, I immediately got back down to around 185 the following summer, but since then have steadily gained weight and I've been stuck between 210-230 for the past couple of years. Now with the new year rolling around, seems as good a time as any to kick myself into gear.

My main goal is to get back below 200 and maintain it - anything between 190-200 seems reasonable and healthy. I don't have a gym membership at the moment (and planning to move in the next few months) so this is all going to be done between my exercise bike, a collection of free weights, and my diet.

I run the bike on fluctuating resistance programs, not just a steady pace.

So here we are:
1/7 - 215.2
60 minutes on bike (16.68 miles)
three sets of zottman curls on each arm with 20 lb dumbells (my arms are weak, what can I say)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #793
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
173.2! Very happy with my progress thus far considering I made it through the holidays!
170.6 this morning. Happy days are here! Nearly 10 pounds off in less than a month.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #794
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

uh oh, it's going in the wrong direction. Went to BodyCombat on Monday.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #795
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

hmm... gonna try the intense 1 minute and 2 minutes off thingy. That's how Couch-to-5K works... start off jogging for 60 seconds, walking for 90 until you build endurance and are able to run 5K.

Good stuff here, thanks. Hope you're all doing well, it's such a struggle.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #796
Icy
Pro Starter

Down to 203.9 (3.3 pounds loss since last update), 19 more for my goal until July.

This is the first time in the last 10 years that i lose weight instead of gaining it during the Christmas holidays.

I'm eating less than before, did not touch typical Christmas sweet stuff during the holidays and controlled myself a lot in the family/friends meals, but the main reason is that i'm working out like i haven't since i was in my twenties.

My initial plan 4 weeks ago was to run/workout at home 3 times per week plus my weekly soccer game, but as the weather is so cold and i was starting to get lazy about running outside, i decided to join a Gym 3 weeks ago. Since then i'm pushing myself harder and harder.

Three days a week (M,W,F) i run for 30 minutes in the running machine at the gym and then workout with weights for 45 minutes more. Then 15 minutes of abs.

Two days a week (T,T) i practice indoor cycling for 1 hour at the Gym in a class with a trainer, and this is so far the hardest thing. After a session i just want to go back home to go to sleep early.

Then on Saturdays i rest, and on Sundays i play a soccer match.

In just three weeks i'm seeing my body changing and getting more firm and my pants are starting to fall off to the point that i can take them out without loosening the buttons, so even when i have lost only 3.3 pounds, i have gained muscle, so the fat loss could even more. People around me is starting to notice it and to ask me if i have lost weight lately.

On top of that, i feel really well, in fact a bit over excited probably, as i have not feel like this for a long time, so my motivation is sky rocketing. Now i need to keep with it.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #797
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
hmm... gonna try the intense 1 minute and 2 minutes off thingy. That's how Couch-to-5K works... start off jogging for 60 seconds, walking for 90 until you build endurance and are able to run 5K.

Good stuff here, thanks. Hope you're all doing well, it's such a struggle.
Missed this earlier. I've seen this in the past and I've had some success with it. The build up is nice and pretty fluid.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #798
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hope we've had some progress here. Workouts are going great for me. I've been taking a supplement I'm really jazzed about. Keeps me energized all day. I'll share the info on it if there's interest.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #799
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Enjoying TBL workouts on Kinect as I've posted elsewhere. I've been plateaued for about two weeks now trying to get past 170...my weight floated back to 171 briefly...now I am down to 169.4, probably the lightest I've weighed in a year or so.

Weight watchers celebrated my 5% weight loss by giving me 8 more points to play with each day. I think they're trying to tell me to slow it down.

New goal of 10% weight loss puts me at 162.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #800
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Down to 223.8 (this morning) after having been in the 224's the past couple weeks. I've started lifting weights 3x a week (1x shoulders+back, 1x arms, 1x legs), alternating that with 45 minutes of cardio (and taking Sundays off).

Immediately saw a drop down from that, but it's stagnated a little. I also added some additional protein into my diet at the same time though (40-50cal of EggBeaters replacing my old fruit-shake for breakfast), and I'm wondering if adding the protein was actually not the best idea, because my body is using that to build the muscle instead of eating my fat. So I may experiment without it here.

I also cheated a bit during the holiday season and did a glass of Light EggNog every couple of days...so sue me.

Of course I also need to start upping the starting weights that I was on now that I've gone a couple full cycles through to really start trying to build the muscles instead of just reawakening them.

I also stopped doing a full report from my scale every morning (just didn't feel like doing it and recording it everyday), but it's probably time since I'm lifting to pick that back up and track my muscle + body fat stuff again.

Go FOFC WeightLoss Team!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-25-2011 at 11:09 AM.