Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #701
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That's great. My favorite part is picking up a 20 pound weight and realizing how much that is that came off your body.

Yep. I'll do that at the gym tomorrow.

1/4 of the way done!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #702
sabotai
General Manager

Week 10 Averages
Weight: 237.8 (-1.0 | -8.4)
Body Fat %: 35.53% (-0.23% | -1.81%)
Muscle%: 30.36% (+0.13% | +1.04%)
Resting Metabolism: 2118.4 (-5.14 | -47.0)
Visceral Fat: 15.1 (6 days at 15, 1 day at 16)

Another week, another pound. I have barely worked out and have not had a good day with food in over 2 weeks. Total lack of motivation on my part (and not enough sleep at night to get my ass up early). The only thing that I have stayed with is the switch from ice tea and fruit juice to water and my weight lose over the last 3 weeks (~3 pounds) is probably driven entirely by that switch to water.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #703
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Went to Body Combat on Monday. Hell of a workout I was completely exhausted. It's a pretty intense release, a lot of jabbing and uppercuts. Sorta bummed this is the last week of the release, it's one of the better ones since I started this thing.

I could use a resistance band workout so I'm thinking about doing BodyVibe tomorrow, but I may switch to BodyCombat.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #704
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Weight: 207 (-1 this week and 56 overall!)

Diet: I came close or hit the 1400 calorie goal every day this week.
Exercise: 24-28 miles per day on the exercise bike along with pushups, crunches, and light weight work 5 days this past week.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #705
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Unofficial weight at my weigh-in this morning: 241

Looks like I busted through that plateau.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #706
saldana
Pro Starter

203.5 this morning...pretty happy about the fact that i havent worked out in 10 days and havent really moved
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #707
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 weeks until Thanksgiving and 13 days until I'm home for the holiday. Most of my family has seen my pictures on Facebook, but my mother has not as she is technologically inhibited. Can't wait for her to see the difference in my appearance. Not to mention, a bunch of high school friends will be at a mini-reunion on Black Friday evening. My goal is to get to 203 and be 60 lbs lighter (than the start of my diet) by the time I go home. Did an unofficial weigh in today and I was 205.5, so it is definitely doable, but I need to be very disciplined the next 2 weeks. About to go treat myself to some nice new clothes since most of my stuff is way too loose for me right now (except for stuff I've bought in the last month.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-11-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #708
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Very good time shopping - found a few great sales and I'm now down to a 38 waist (started at 46 pre diet/exercise.) Also down from 2XL/3XL shirts to some Larges fitting well and some XL (depending upon width at chest mostly.)
Old 11-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #709
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 186.6
GoalWeight - 120

Wednesday went to BodyVibe and yesterday BodyCombat. Today is my recovery day and back for Zumba tomorrow. I've lost 20 lbs. this year. It seems like a really low # but I haven't been 100% committed. My goal was to be at 170 by the end of the year, I need 18.6 lbs. to get there, lol. We'll see how it goes with Thanksgiving coming up and Christmas... oy. I haven't been eating anymore candy, so it's a step in the right direction. Here is a graph of my weight loss this year:
Attached Images
File Type: png weight.PNG (45.5 KB, 146 views)
Old 11-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #710
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Very good time shopping - found a few great sales and I'm now down to a 38 waist (started at 46 pre diet/exercise.) Also down from 2XL/3XL shirts to some Larges fitting well and some XL (depending upon width at chest mostly.)

yay!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:47 AM   #711
JediKooter
Coordinator

Down to 255. Haven't started exercising yet, just changing how much I've been eating and what I've been eating. I'll still get a McRib now and then, but, not going overboard with much else. Been drinking a ton of water, but, still feel like I'm dehydrated for some reason, but, I'm barely drinking any soda or beer.

I see everyone else is kicking some ass and I'd be happy to be down to 245 by December 1st. You guys are making it hard to keep up!

Hey, what app is that for the iphone Lorena?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #712
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Weight - 186.6
GoalWeight - 120

Wednesday went to BodyVibe and yesterday BodyCombat. Today is my recovery day and back for Zumba tomorrow. I've lost 20 lbs. this year. It seems like a really low # but I haven't been 100% committed. My goal was to be at 170 by the end of the year, I need 18.6 lbs. to get there, lol. We'll see how it goes with Thanksgiving coming up and Christmas... oy. I haven't been eating anymore candy, so it's a step in the right direction. Here is a graph of my weight loss this year:

that's freakin impressing lorena!! way to go!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #713
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Weighed in at 179! Flipping 179!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #714
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Thanks DT!! I took a huuuuuge step back today. So much yummy food at our girl's game night. Food's like a freakin heroin addiction for me. I need some kind of mantra to snap me back into reality. I did go to BodyCombat though.

Brian: it's called Nutrition Menu and it's $0.99. It logs food, exercise, water, weight and has calorie counts for all kinds of food.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:57 AM   #715
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That's the best feeling in the world. I am at a 38 right now coming down from a tight fitting 42. Congrats on your progress.

The other day I was going through my closet and found an old hooded sweatshirt I had from my college days. Had been thrown in the back of the closet when I got too big to fit in it. Fit perfectly. Then threw on a hoodie from last year and it looked silly on me it was so big. For the first time in my life I was ecstatic to have to spend money on new clothes this winter.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #716
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm not plateauing but I feel like my progress has slowed. I was losing 2-3 pounds a week for a long time which was a lot and bound to slow down once I lowered my weight. But mentally it has taken a toll on me and made me feel down that I'm not losing as much. Sometimes I think I'm plateauing till I look at my progress over the last month and still realize I am losing weight. I wish I wasn't so paranoid over the short term swings.

I'm going to intensify my workouts a bit more. Currently been lifting a few days a week and throwing in cardio a few times too. The lifting will stick but my cardio is going to increase. I'm eating about 1900-2200 calories a day and I really don't want to decrease anymore since I'm really comfortable at that level and rarely hungry. So I'm going to try to add 10 minutes on to my stationary bike routines. Also going to start taking long walks to the bank, butcher, and other places near me that can casually burn off some calories. My day is pretty sedentary so I'm hoping I can burn an extra 100 calories a day through getting off my ass and going for some walks and other low impact activities.

The one positive I've noticed lately is muscle. I can see and feel my muscles now. I have visible muscles in my legs and my shoulders, arms and back are getting firmer and more defined. Hoping the chest is next although it seems my fat loves to stick to that area and my stomach. I wish my body would burn fat in a more balanced way.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #717
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

As of my unofficial weigh-in this morning (I've slacked a bit on the nightly ones as I plateaud), I'm down 24.4 since the start to 238.0. Maybe kicking up my exercise intensity yesterday (went from a "2" to an "8" on the resistance on the elliptical for my 42min workout) did the trick in busting through the plateau.

Will see how sore I am after the same workout today...it hurt yesterday, but in that good way.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-16-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #718
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm not plateauing but I feel like my progress has slowed. I was losing 2-3 pounds a week for a long time which was a lot and bound to slow down once I lowered my weight. But mentally it has taken a toll on me and made me feel down that I'm not losing as much. Sometimes I think I'm plateauing till I look at my progress over the last month and still realize I am losing weight. I wish I wasn't so paranoid over the short term swings.

I'm going to intensify my workouts a bit more. Currently been lifting a few days a week and throwing in cardio a few times too. The lifting will stick but my cardio is going to increase. I'm eating about 1900-2200 calories a day and I really don't want to decrease anymore since I'm really comfortable at that level and rarely hungry. So I'm going to try to add 10 minutes on to my stationary bike routines. Also going to start taking long walks to the bank, butcher, and other places near me that can casually burn off some calories. My day is pretty sedentary so I'm hoping I can burn an extra 100 calories a day through getting off my ass and going for some walks and other low impact activities.

The one positive I've noticed lately is muscle. I can see and feel my muscles now. I have visible muscles in my legs and my shoulders, arms and back are getting firmer and more defined. Hoping the chest is next although it seems my fat loves to stick to that area and my stomach. I wish my body would burn fat in a more balanced way.

My father (who now weighs at 58 what he weighed when he graduated college...168 lbs I think...he's lost a bit of weight too...but nothing like what i'm doing), pointed out to me that if you're plateaued you need to just keep your calories the same and increase your workout (intensity or time) by 10% to get things going again.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #719
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Talk about good news/bad news...

Today I did an unofficial weigh-in and I'm at 201, 6 lbs down from last week. Amazing.. best week ever. I've been working out extra every day doing a few push-ups or crunches whenever I have time. Also, biked every day this week, but I still didn't think that was enough to account for the weight loss this week...

But, I just got a call that my liver enzymes and bilirubin are "significantly elevated." (I had annual blood work done yesterday for annual physical next week.) So, my doctor wants to be sure I don't have a tumor or something like that helping me lose weight. Hopefully, the elevations are just because I was a bit dehydrated or from the stress of working out so much. We'll see soon, I have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #720
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Hopefully you have a tumor and it's benign? Right??

I've thought about giving myself a tapeworm...LOL
Old 11-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #721
sabotai
General Manager

Week 11 Averages
Weight: 237.2 (-0.7 | -9.0)
Body Fat%: 35.34% (-0.19% | -2.00%)
Muscle%: 30.43% (+0.07% | +1.11%)
Resting Metabolism: 2114.7 (-3.71 | -50.7)
Visceral Fat: 15 every day

I did very bad this weekend with food and my weight jumped up a pound above the weekly average on Monday and today. Oh well, hopefully got it out of my system for awhile and I can get back on track.

Last edited by sabotai : 11-16-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #722
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Week 11 Averages
Weight: 237.2 (-0.7 | -9.0)
Body Fat%: 35.34% (-0.19% | -2.00%)
Muscle%: 30.43% (+0.07% | +1.11%)
Resting Metabolism: 2114.7 (-3.71 | -50.7)
Visceral Fat: 15 every day

I did very bad this weekend with food and my weight jumped up a pound above the weekly average on Monday and today. Oh well, hopefully got it out of my system for awhile and I can get back on track.

Catching up to you!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:41 PM   #723
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Hopefully you have a tumor and it's benign? Right??

I've thought about giving myself a tapeworm...LOL

I'm kicking myself. I was caught off guard when they called this morning and never thought to ask them the actual values.. after worrying about it most of the day, I just called them and asked. They have a much different idea of significantly elevated than I do. Probably just exercise induced elevation of bili. Regardless, I'll go get the ultrasound tomorrow (which I have to fast from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM for) just to be safe. Now, I'll be able to fully enjoy tomorrow's weigh in.. I'm going out to dinner tonight with a friend, so hopefully I don't gain too much. Would love for it to be a record week.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #724
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm kicking myself. I was caught off guard when they called this morning and never thought to ask them the actual values.. after worrying about it most of the day, I just called them and asked. They have a much different idea of significantly elevated than I do. Probably just exercise induced elevation of bili. Regardless, I'll go get the ultrasound tomorrow (which I have to fast from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM for) just to be safe. Now, I'll be able to fully enjoy tomorrow's weigh in.. I'm going out to dinner tonight with a friend, so hopefully I don't gain too much. Would love for it to be a record week.

Hooray EF!! Glad to hear - and glad to hear the weight loss is legit.

You go you svelte devil you!!

Is this a "friend" you're going out to dinner with tonight?
Old 11-16-2010, 11:09 PM   #725
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

238 before dinner. 238.8 after dinner @ my 11pm weigh-in.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #726
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Weight: 201 (-6 this week and 62 overall!)

Diet: I came close or hit the 1400 calorie goal every day this week except maybe last night as I ate out.
Exercise: 26-30 miles per day on the exercise bike along with pushups, crunches, and light weight work 6 days this past week. Also, did more push-ups and crunches than I have in the past, doing extra whenever I had a bit of free time - usually 4-5 times per day.

Very happy with this past week's progress as I hit my goal for Thanksgiving week already. Going to keep pushing hard this upcoming week and see how far below 200 I can get before I go home. I haven't been under 200 since H.S.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-17-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #727
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Weight before dinner last night: 238
Weight after dinner: 238.8
Weight this morning: 237.2

Looks like I've busted thru the plateau and am back to the steady losing.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #728
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Wow, you guys are doing great! So proud of you all!!

Weight - dunno
Exercise - Zumba

My shoulders and upper back felt sore from the BodyCombat workout Monday. I looked at my flabby arms and grabbed a 7lb weight (which is actually pretty heavy for me) and started doing tricep extentions which look like this:

I did 100 of them. Today I went to Zumba. Not as intense a workout, but it was fun.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #729
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Rock on DC!

Keep pluggin away!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 PM   #730
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 189.2 (grrr)
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Zumba
Old 11-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #731
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I know you will break through soon, Dodgerchick!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #732
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Got my ultrasound results and my gallbladder is full of stones. Hopefully, I will still be able to travel home for Thanksgiving. I thought that the surgery may help me lose some weight after all those stones have to weigh at least a pound. Too bad, I won't be allowed to work out for at least a few days after surgery.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-19-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #733
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

237 this morning...that's 25.2lbs lost!

Weekends seem to be best for weight loss for me...combination of sleeping through at least one meal usually I guess?

Hopefully I can not gain back like 3lbs of food today so I can have some actual weight loss.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 AM   #734
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got my ultrasound results and my gallbladder is full of stones. Hopefully, I will still be able to travel home for Thanksgiving. I thought that the surgery may help me lose some weight after all those stones have to weigh at least a pound. Too bad, I won't be allowed to work out for at least a few days after surgery.

Ugh. But yes - they should take a little weight out of you.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:23 PM   #735
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

DT that's incredible!

Weight - 187.6
Exercise - yesterday was Zumba and BodyCombat back-to-back

I wasn't feeling it at Zumba so went to BodyCombat as well.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #736
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Ugh, dang
Old 11-23-2010, 07:40 PM   #737
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Surgery is scheduled for December 13th. Surgeon says I won't be able to work out for at least a week after, and no weight work for 4 weeks after. Also, I tweaked my back this week and haven't worked out for the last 2 days. Flying home for tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Hoping to just have dropped a pound this week despite the disruption to routine when I check tomorrow morning.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #738
RainMaker
General Manager

So I'm walking down the block and realize I'm tugging at my jeans the whole time. Then it hits me, these things don't fit me anymore. And the other cool part is that my belt doesn't even fit me anymore. So I just placed an order at Zappos for some 36 size jeans and a new belt. Doesn't feel like I was at 38 for long.

It seems I'm losing weight, but it's slowed down a bit. I guess this was inevitable. The cool thing is that I'm seeing a transformation in my body a lot more. I'm guessing this is a mix of the weight loss and 6 month of weight lifting. My arms, shoulders and chest are now getting really firm. And my thighs have very visible muscles. I stood in front of the mirror the other day and was pretty pumped about how my upper body is starting to look.

I know most of you are in this just for fat loss, but I would highly recommend getting in some weight lifting too. You don't have to go crazy with it, but you will love the results. Everything fits so much better and it seems to fill out some of the loose skin you might have. And from everything I've read, it's as good if not better than cardio (since it burns calories to repair your muscles in the coming days). There is nothing like having your girlfriend/wife grab your arm and have her eyes widen.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #739
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Yep - I gotta get the weight lifting going now. I'm definitely slowing down markedly from my hot start, but again, that's to be expected.

My pair of "fat" jeans ridiculously doesn't fit (falls down around my ankles with no belt), and even my "skinny" jeans need a belt now. And my trusty old belt that I've used for years...well I am on the farthest-in set of holes for it.

Great feeling!

Back up to 237.6 this morning.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 11-24-2010 at 08:31 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 AM   #740
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I completely agree Rainmaker, I love the results of my lifting and it has just been light lifting.

Weight: 200 (-1 this week and 63 overall)

Diet: I came close or hit the 1400 calorie goal every day this week.

Exercise: 26-30 miles per day on the exercise bike along with pushups, crunches, and light weight work 4 days this past week. I tweaked my back and didn't work out the last 2 days as a result. I was down to 199.5 briefly this past week.

My goal for the upcoming week is not to gain more than 2 pounds as I will be out of town for Thanksgiving and won't be able to bike until Monday.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-24-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 AM   #741
RainMaker
General Manager

Thanksgiving is going to be tough. I'm just going to eat the meal and skip the dessert. Probably won't be as bad as I think for me but Thanksgiving is only once a year.
Old 11-26-2010, 03:28 AM   #742
RainMaker
General Manager

So I wake up Thanksgiving morning to a new low weight. Really excited about that.

I proceeded to eat a lot on Thanksgiving though. I sort of gave myself a cheat day. Didn't go horribly crazy, but I ate what I wanted to. Well over what I normally do. Not too upset about it since it was a huge mental day off for me. Going to get back on track in the morning and keep rocking.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #743
sabotai
General Manager

I did the same (along with the new low weight: 233.6). Just gave myself the day off from worrying about food and monitoring how much I eat.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:57 PM   #744
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I didn't go completely crazy, but I was bad the last 4 1/2 days while vacationing with family. Plus, I didn't have my bike and didn't do a ton of working out. I did 30 miles on the bike today and watched what I ate for the first time in 4 days. Will work hard tomorrow too and try to mitigate the damage somewhat for the weigh-in on Weds.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #745
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah, I'm not where I want to be the last couple weeks. Woke up this morning and got a killer workout in. Going to try working out in the morning now instead of evening. Seems I skip evening ones too often and it's tougher to get up for.

Going to try and kick some ass for the next few weeks until we hit the holiday where I'll have a couple cheat days. Would like to knock off 5-8 pounds before Christmas.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #746
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Was 206 pre-workout today. Just finished biking 35 miles, weight lifting, crunches, and pushups. Now 202 post work out. Amazing how much water weight can change things.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #747
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My diet was terrible this week with Thanksgiving and lots of meals out with friends and family. I only worked out Monday and Tuesday (and will work out later today.) So, I'm very happy overall that the damage wasn't worse:

Wt: 202 (+2/-61.)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #748
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Unofficial Weigh-In - 188.6
Exercise - Body Combat

I remembered Rainmaker making a comment about food and heroin and found this article:

Overeating, Like Drug Use, Rewards And Alters Brain : NPR

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 12-02-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #749
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 186.8
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Zumba
Old 12-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #750
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Unofficial Weigh-In - 188.6
Exercise - Body Combat

I remembered Rainmaker making a comment about food and heroin and found this article:

Overeating, Like Drug Use, Rewards And Alters Brain : NPR
Thanks for the link. Describes me perfectly. When I'm not eating bad, I don't think of it at all and don't crave it. I can see cake, cookies, etc and not be tempted. But if I have just one cookie, I'm eating the whole box. And I'll crave that stuff for the next week or two.