Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #1301
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
But poor rowech's diet isn't out of control - right rowech?

Not at all. Now what's funny is I haven't worked out for three days now and I've lost 3.5 pounds. Just decided to give my body a massive break and see if hitting a reset button might do something.

The reason I asked the question is I've been reading some things about how if you get your heart rate too high during a workout your body will not end up burning fat.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #1302
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Not at all. Now what's funny is I haven't worked out for three days now and I've lost 3.5 pounds. Just decided to give my body a massive break and see if hitting a reset button might do something.

The reason I asked the question is I've been reading some things about how if you get your heart rate too high during a workout your body will not end up burning fat.

Yay for losing 3.5lbs!!!

Congrats!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #1303
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

7/23/2011 - 183.8
8/7/2011 - 186.2

187.8 - it's going in the wrong direction
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #1304
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

We gotta help you out DC...let's like...focus in on you and your situation.

What's your exercise situation like? What's your food situation like?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #1305
Blackadar
Retired

Diet was pretty good over the weekend, but still gained a pound and a half. 206.5.

Go figure.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 PM   #1306
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
We gotta help you out DC...let's like...focus in on you and your situation.

What's your exercise situation like? What's your food situation like?

Thanks DT. I got the exercise thing down, I think. I go to the gym 3 times a week and go swimming with the kiddos once a week, so that's a total of 4 times. I'm guessing my body needs a change since 3 of those workouts are from Zumba class. I love Zumba because it's not only a workout, but it's also a time to catch up with my buddies. They're on a schedule and can only attend those classes, but it seems I may have to switch it up since I can't see any results.

The food... that's a different story. Still having a hard time with portion control. I eat healthy, I really do, but I eat a lot and late at night. Here's a typical day:

"Breakfast":
- 16-20 oz. of some kind of juice (not the bottled kind, Ant gets fruits and veggies and puts them through a juicer)

"Snack"
- Fruits (different kind, it depends what we have on hand)

"Lunch"
- 3 or 4 egg omelet loaded with veggies (kale, spinach, mushrooms, etc)

"Snack"
- Baby carrots, some sort of fruit, banana w/ 1 TBSP of peanut butter, etc

"Dinner"
- About 4 tacos made with sprouted grain tortillas with spaghetti sauce and a bunch of veggies

That's about it. I used to drink a bunch of water but lately I haven't. I know that needs to change. Once in a while we get corn chips for the kiddos and I'll take a few, next thing you know I ate about 1/4 of a large bag I'm seriously wondering if I may have a thyroid issue.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 08-15-2011 at 07:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:37 PM   #1307
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

One easy possible change: switch the omelet to an egg-white omelet (with the same vegetables, etc.).

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 08-15-2011 at 08:37 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #1308
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Not a problem DC. We'll get you there.

Portion control I suppose would be key...maybe cutting down the size of the omlette gradually too? And cutting down the size of dinner a bit after that. Then being careful about what you're eating late at night. I'm like you...I like to nibble at night, so I try to make sure that it's relatively healthy stuff (a handful of dry cheerios, fat free instant pudding, fruits) if I do have to eat something. Because those are calories you can't work off so they'll go straight into you...so if you have bad things then it's the absolute worst.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #1309
Blackadar
Retired

Back to 205 today. Go figure.

DC, I'm not a dietary expert so take what I say with caution, but I'm not sure you're getting enough protein. I'm seeing massive sugar spikes for breakfast, followed by a lot of carbs. That kind of diet may be lower-calorie, but your body may be having a hard time with it. High carb/high sugar spike diets will cause your body to hang on to excess weight.

Breakfast - Your breakfast of juice may seem healthy, but the sugar spike caused by a pure juice breakfast isn't going to do you much good. Of all the meals, I think this is where you're probably on the wrong track.

I'd suggest either some decent bran cereal and/or some protein. If you're going to do fruit, don't drink juice - eat the fruit instead. The pulp is entirely necessary to slow down the digestion so that your body can shed weight and keep sugar levels in balance.

Snack - Fruit is good. If you don't get any protein at breakfast, you need to get some in here.

Lunch - A 4 egg omelet is a bit much. You're probably starved because you didn't have a decent breakfast. Try dropping that to two eggs and maybe a slice or two of whole wheat toast. If there's any cheese on that omelet, make it low-fat.

Snack - Sounds good. How about some nuts though? Your diet may need a bit more protein and this would be a good place to insert it.

Dinner - Tacos are fine. Depending on the size, 4 tacos may be fine. Again, if you're not using meat, you need to get some protein in here.

PS - On Carbs: Don't worry so much about whole wheat and such. If the ingredients say "enriched" flour, skip it. If not, you're probably safe.

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-16-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM   #1310
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Wow. I created this thread five years ago, and I dropped off after just a few posts. I lacked the will power to keep up with this and just went on with my life without any formal structure. There were times when I did get back on track (P90x which lasted about 60 days, a 75-week marathon training regimen which lasted about 10 weeks). But each time, without any will power nor a support group, I allowed myself to stop.

I have stayed away from FOFC for a few years to keep up with the rigors of my everyday life (marriage, work, pregnant wife and now new baby). But I always lurked this thread (my own creation!) to see how everyone is doing here.

1,300 posts later, I'm happy to see the support that you give one another continues to be as strong as ever. And it's making me want to come back!

I'll report back soon with stats and my typical day.

ABC
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #1311
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Wow. I created this thread five years ago, and I dropped off after just a few posts. I lacked the will power to keep up with this and just went on with my life without any formal structure. There were times when I did get back on track (P90x which lasted about 60 days, a 75-week marathon training regimen which lasted about 10 weeks). But each time, without any will power nor a support group, I allowed myself to stop.

I have stayed away from FOFC for a few years to keep up with the rigors of my everyday life (marriage, work, pregnant wife and now new baby). But I always lurked this thread (my own creation!) to see how everyone is doing here.

1,300 posts later, I'm happy to see the support that you give one another continues to be as strong as ever. And it's making me want to come back!

I'll report back soon with stats and my typical day.

ABC

Welcome back ABC! Life has a way of getting in the way.

Oh, and gratz on the baby. Boy or girl...and how old? We had our 2nd about 2 years ago. What I realized quickly is that taking care of a newborn in your 40s is much, much harder than doing it in your 20s or 30s!

Last edited by Blackadar : 08-16-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #1312
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

I get my protein from nuts, eggs, and the ocassional protein powder. I have about a handful of nuts almost everyday. The juice is heavy in veggies (lettuce, kale, spinach, bell peppers, etc), with about 2 apples to sweeten it up, or 1 apple and about a cup of pineapples... so it's not all fruit.

Thanks for the feedback you guys, really appreciate it.

Exercise - today i'm going to zumba and a bit of weights.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #1313
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Welcome back ABC! Life has a way of getting in the way.

Oh, and gratz on the baby. Boy or girl...and how old? We had our 2nd about 2 years ago. What I realized quickly is that taking care of a newborn in your 40s is much, much harder than doing it in your 20s or 30s!

Thanks Blackadar! Baby Girl Ashley is now 5 months old. Our first, and she's a sweetie. I'm 39 now, and yeah, it's difficult, especially without any support people close by - well, able-bodied people at least. But we're managing!
Old 08-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #1314
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've been at 172.9 for the past three days, after six straight days at 173.9. I'm hoping my scale will give me a different reading again sometime soon ... my wife says she gets different numbers on it when she weighs in so I don't know what to make of getting the same number as the day before about 80% of the time.

In related news, I think I'm going to go shopping for some jeans that fit better. My 34" jeans fall off me without a belt and even with the belt are somewhat ill-fitting. If I'm down to 32" jeans it will be the first time I've been able to fit in that waist for at least 6-7 years.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #1315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I've been at 172.9 for the past three days, after six straight days at 173.9. I'm hoping my scale will give me a different reading again sometime soon ... my wife says she gets different numbers on it when she weighs in so I don't know what to make of getting the same number as the day before about 80% of the time.

In related news, I think I'm going to go shopping for some jeans that fit better. My 34" jeans fall off me without a belt and even with the belt are somewhat ill-fitting. If I'm down to 32" jeans it will be the first time I've been able to fit in that waist for at least 6-7 years.

Holy crap. 32' ?? That'd be awesome. I'm into 34" myself, which is awesome to me. Holding steady at 179.2...would maybe like to take off another couple pounds before starting into the weight-lifting.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:17 AM   #1316
Blackadar
Retired

Still hanging right around 204, but that's not necessarily a bad thing considering where I started. Hopefully I can push it below 200 sometime soon.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:03 PM   #1317
rowech
Pro Starter

So I had taken a week off of doing anything physical. I go for a 5K run with some decent size hills and after another couple of days I weight myself. After 9 days, I'm down 5 pounds! Sweet! So now I'm going to kick it backup. Tuesday I lifted and 30 min on level 15 on elliptical machine. Today? Right back up four pounds.

I have not a clue what's going on here. I know I'm supposed to lift in addition to cardio but I have to wonder if that's really the case.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #1318
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

That's really weird rowech. I say stick with what worked though.

I'm a firm believer in the idea that there are different types of metabolisms and different bodies respond differently to things. So if the running 5k worked for you...go with that until it stops working.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #1319
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DC - to piggyback on what Bucc said - I think you need to keep an eye on portion control - particularly with all those eggs at lunch for one. You need to really contract your stomach and get used to eating a lot less. 4 tacos (of any sot) for dinner? I eat one hot dog now and I'm full for 6+ hours.

And change up your working out until you find something that works and spurs the weight loss and then keep going with that until it stops working. Also...I know it's tough with the kids, but make sure you get at least some physical exercise in everyday.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #1320
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

178.8 this morning.

I now weigh what I did right before I went off to college almost exactly 13 years ago.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #1321
The Jackal
Coordinator

Feels good doesnt it?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #1322
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Feels good doesnt it?

It's kinda freaky - in a good way.

Still have a lil tummy that I want to get rid of though - need to start in on some serious ab-exercises. When I went off to college I was "flat-front", now I have a lil tummy.

But yeah - it feels good.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:14 PM   #1323
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
178.8 this morning.

I now weigh what I did right before I went off to college almost exactly 13 years ago.

yay!
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #1324
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
178.8 this morning.

Awesome. I'll be in the same position when I hit my goal weight (165). And, as you mentioned, I'm sure the weight will be distributed differently. But it will still be pretty cool to hit a weight I haven't seen in 21 years.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #1325
corbes
College Benchwarmer

A weigh-in this weekend. Ranged between 159.2 (morning) and 162 (evening), down from a starting range of 168-173. On pace towards the goal of 150!
corbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:19 AM   #1326
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

7/23/2011 - 183.8
8/7/2011 - 186.2
8/13/11 - 187.8
8/29/11 - 185.6
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #1327
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hit a new low (for this year, anyway) today - 171.7. I'm kind of surprised it happened today, because I ate more than usual over the weekend. Not terrible foods, but bigger portions than the norm. I would be pretty pleased to maintain this weight up until my start-of-month weigh-in.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #1328
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, one note on the exercise for this month - the 100 pushup challenge thing has been really good for me in terms of getting some upper-body work without having much in way of equipment at home.

Initial push-up test: 18
Mid-month push-up test: 23
End-month push-up test: ???, but hoping to be over 25

I've been repeating a day until I can do all the sets/reps on my own, without having to resort to "cheaters push-ups" ... either weak form push-ups or keeping knees on ground like they show on their website.

First day: 10/12/7/7/3 (not much of a 5th set, was supposed to get 11!)

Today: 11/15/9/9/13

So that is an increase in total push-ups from 39 to 57. Obviously the gains are going to level off, but I'm very happy to see these kind of results in the first month.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 PM   #1329
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Hoopsguy, what is the 100 pushup challenge? It sounds intriguing. Is it five sets of 20?

Weigh in this weekend was 158. Down one pound from last week and approx. ten pounds overall. Haven't weighed this in four to five years.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:20 AM   #1330
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
Hoopsguy, what is the 100 pushup challenge? It sounds intriguing. Is it five sets of 20?

Weigh in this weekend was 158. Down one pound from last week and approx. ten pounds overall. Haven't weighed this in four to five years.

I'd like to know what it is too.

When I did P90X, I would crank out 240-250 of 'em of various types during the program (12 sets total). When I'm doing only half the program, my goal is 150 over 6 sets - 35 regular, 20 narrow, 30 wide, 30 decline, 20 heart-to-heart and 15 fence pushups. But I'm not doing them back-to-back, so I'd be interested in learning about the 100 pushup challenge to see what that's about.

Last edited by Blackadar : 09-01-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:13 AM   #1331
hoopsguy
General Manager

100 pushup challenge - one hundred push ups

Basically, you are doing five sets with one minute of rest in between each set. I'm modifying the program a little bit, insofar as I refuse to move onto the next day before finishing the first day. So it took me all of August to complete "Week 1". Day 1 took me six attempts, Day 2 took two attempts, and Day 3 took four attempts.

At the end of the program, you should be able to do a set of 100 pushups.

So my month-end weigh-in was really good - came in at 169.7 this month, which is a drop of 4.4 pounds. I was at 169.5 a couple of days ago, but losing 4.4 pounds this month is a nice jump compared to the last few months. I firmly believe that the structure of having a spreadsheet to track all food, alcohol, and exercise helped keep me much more accountable and the results followed.

Also, I had mentioned in an earlier update that I was going to look at 32" jeans (down from 34"). They fit, and 31" fit for most cuts as well. But I'll stick with a couple pairs of 32" for now ... with the intention of potentially needing to buy some smaller clothes again next year.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #1332
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Day 1, all over again.

9/1/2011 - 230.0

I think I may try my shot at the 100 pushup challenge. I had first seen this website while doing the P90X and told myself once I finished the 90 days, I'd attempt the pushup challenge. Never happened.

I'll do my initial test this afternoon.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #1333
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I'd like to know what it is too.

When I did P90X, I would crank out 240-250 of 'em of various types during the program (12 sets total). When I'm doing only half the program, my goal is 150 over 6 sets - 35 regular, 20 narrow, 30 wide, 30 decline, 20 heart-to-heart and 15 fence pushups. But I'm not doing them back-to-back, so I'd be interested in learning about the 100 pushup challenge to see what that's about.

Hmm, I don't know half of those push-ups you listed.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #1334
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

7/23/2011 - 183.8
8/7/2011 - 186.2
8/13/11 - 187.8
8/29/11 - 185.6
9/5/2011 - 184.6

Gonna start cranking up the exercise.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 09-05-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #1335
hoopsguy
General Manager

So I had what I guess must have been an epicly-bad eating weekend. My wife and I did some fine dining as part of our 10 year anniversary celebration and I didn't exercise any meaningful portion control or concern about the food I ate for 48 hours.

My weigh-in on Monday morning was 174.6, or about five pounds over what I weighed when I left. I've managed to shed 2.5 of those so far, but I'm a little miffed to still be carrying around extra weight 4-5 days later. Oh well, I'm sure it will come off ... just surprised that it is still lingering. In the past few months (while I've been aggressively tracking) I haven't seen bad weekend choices stay with me quite this long.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #1336
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Hmm, I don't know half of those push-ups you listed.
  • Regular - self explanatory
  • Wide - hands about 3" wider than normal
  • Narrow - hands directly under the shoulders, keep the elbows tucked in (more of a tricep pushup)
  • Decline - Prop your feet up on a chair, hands on the floor, normal hand width. Works your chest more.
  • Heart-to-Heart - Also known as Diamond pushups. Put your hands together directly under your chest, with the index finger and thumb touching each other. Do pushups that way (quite difficult). hxxp://www.smart-strength-training.com/pushups-diamond.html
  • Fence - Also known as Dive Bomber pushups. Start with your legs wide, your butt up and your hands pushing you back (not the typical plank pushup position). Think about an invisible fence in front of you. Go under the fence so you end up in a cobra position. Reverse back to the starting position. hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttk8RdiIHzA

There's also side to side pushups (a personal favorite - right hand goes out when you go down, push back up, reset your hands, left hand goes out as you go down, etc.) one handed pushups, staggered hands pushups (one hand is back about a foot from your normal pushup position) walking push ups, rotational pushups and a whole bunch of others. It's amazing how a little variation can really work you differently.

I did my kettlebell training a couple of days ago and we did a Tabata circuit of pushups. That's 20 seconds on, 10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds (4 minutes total). I did 110 pushups in those 4 minutes...so that should complete 100 pushup challenge.

The weight is still hanging around 204, but I'm getting more muscular right now. I guess kettlebells and bench presses will do that to you. The good thing is that when I weigh now it's 204-205 consistently, rather than seeing 204 only occasionally and often seeing 206-208.

Last edited by Blackadar : 09-07-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #1337
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blackadar, out of curiosity how many (regular) pushups can you do in a single set? Based on what you are describing from the P90X program and the Tabata circuit, I'm guessing you are probably able to post a pretty good number.

Also, have you thought about doing the Insanity workout program? I figure with all the other ones you have listed, and having just wrapped up 90X (again?) that it would be somewhere on your radar ...
Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #1338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Woo - 2 week business trip, with no working out. Total weight gain: 0.0lbs

178.8 - feelin good.

Shopping for new fall/winter clothes this weekend.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:43 AM   #1339
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I need to get back into this thread. II am working out and not really gaining any weight, but my nutrition is poor so I am not dropping pounds either. I have started doing CrossFit at a local affiliate, which is pretty cool. It is a good workout. They encourage eating Paleo, which is a low-carb/no dairy type diet.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #1340
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I need to get back into this thread. II am working out and not really gaining any weight, but my nutrition is poor so I am not dropping pounds either. I have started doing CrossFit at a local affiliate, which is pretty cool. It is a good workout. They encourage eating Paleo, which is a low-carb/no dairy type diet.

The problem with restrictive-type diets like that is that you can't maintain them long-term. They're not healthy+sustainable.

Portion control and sensible eating.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #1341
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Blackadar, out of curiosity how many (regular) pushups can you do in a single set? Based on what you are describing from the P90X program and the Tabata circuit, I'm guessing you are probably able to post a pretty good number.

Also, have you thought about doing the Insanity workout program? I figure with all the other ones you have listed, and having just wrapped up 90X (again?) that it would be somewhere on your radar ...

A single set? You mean without stopping? Never tried, but probably 50 or more.

I've done Insanity. It sucks. It sucks hard. You work your ass off but the results aren't there because it's not based on any kind of good science. If you want to solely improve your cardio conditioning, then Insanity will help. But that's about it. Hell, I didn't even lose weight doing Insanity.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 AM   #1342
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
100 pushup challenge - one hundred push ups

I started this a few weeks ago (for like the 3rd or 4th time), along with the 200 squats and 200 sit ups. I had to stop in week 2 because doing those push ups made my wrists hurt (my carpals started tunneling). I ordered some push up bars this week end. I hope those help so that I can restart this.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #1343
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I started this a few weeks ago (for like the 3rd or 4th time), along with the 200 squats and 200 sit ups. I had to stop in week 2 because doing those push ups made my wrists hurt (my carpals started tunneling). I ordered some push up bars this week end. I hope those help so that I can restart this.

I had seen the squats and situps as well, but figured the pushups were enough for now. Maybe I'll give the situps a try when I get done with the pushups.

However, I figure the 100 pushups is going to take a long, long time since I can't do 100 pushups over 5 sets, let alone in a single set.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:41 PM   #1344
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Status quo over here (yay!)
Old 09-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #1345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #1346
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

7/23/2011 - 183.8
8/7/2011 - 186.2
8/13/11 - 187.8
8/29/11 - 185.6
9/5/2011 - 184.6
9/16/2011 - 182.6
Old 09-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #1347
corbes
College Benchwarmer

Good work over the past month DC!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 PM   #1348
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Way to rock out DC!!!!!!

Gettin trim!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:58 AM   #1349
hoopsguy
General Manager

This has been a tough month for me, as I never seemed to be able to fully shed the 5 pounds I picked up over Labor Day. I had thought I was headed to my first "gained weight" month since starting the program, despite getting a decent amount of exercise and not being terribly out of line with diet compared to other months.

But I've lost 5 pounds in the last four days and am now sitting at 169.0, which I think is the lowest I've weighed in about 15 years. I'm also starting to do a little better with running, posting about a 10 minute mile pace for 2-3.5 mile runs and usually not stopping to rest like I did at the start of the month.

Now I'm just waiting for someone, besides my wife, to actually notice that I've dropped 20 pounds in the past 6 months. It certainly isn't the reason I'm trying to lose weight, but it is kind of baffling to me that not a single friend or family member seems aware that I'm in a lot better shape these days.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #1350
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbes View Post
Good work over the past month DC!

Agreed, it looks like you had a nice month. What kind of changes have you made that have helped you find (what appears to be) consistent progress compared to the previous months?