Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

WW XCIV Group Therapy - Game Over!

Introduction

You all are in a therapy group. Some of you (we'll call you “The Needies”) have become upset with having to share the therapist (me) with so many others. You have devised a plot to slowly eliminate other members from the group through various means. You don't feel you are ready to face the world without therapy and will stop at nothing to assure you stay in the group. Each day the group will vote for someone they feel has reached a point of enlightenment and no longer needs to be in therapy. This person will be removed from the group to face the world on their own.

Like all groups, each of you is unique and special in your own way and will have something to contribute to the group or some way of getting what you want. Every one of you will have a role. Some roles are listed, many others are not. If you are not a listed role, you may at no point reveal to the group your role. On death, the role and its details will be revealed.

Cycles

Day Cycle – During the day cycle of 1AM eastern until 8 PM eastern players can vote.

A vote should appear as such Vote Danny

Votes not properly formatted may be missed.

Ties: In the event of two players having an equal amount of votes at the end of the day, an unknown mechanic will be applied to determine who is the lynch choice.

No Lynch vote is an option for players, but only works if everyone votes No Lynch. If there is someone with votes on them, the no lynch vote mechanic is removed.

Night Cycle – Lasts from 8 PM Eastern to 1 AM Eastern. During this time all those with a night action may submit it.

Sides

Group Members: Win by eliminating all of the needies from the group. There may or may not be some group members with special win conditions. There is the sympathizer who counts as a group member, but wins with the needies.

The Needies: Win by achieving a 1-1 ratio with the group members.

May or may not be players with different or additional win conditions.

Roles

Group Members (many roles not listed)

The Empathizer - You are really in tune with other's emotions. Each night you may pair up with one player for a heart to heart discussion. In this, you will find out if they are a needie or not.

The Teddy Bear - You are sweet and kind to all those around you. Your unwavering support allows you to pair up with one person each night and any attempt by the needies to get that person out of the group will fail. You also feel the need to share your support and can not pair up with the same person two nights in a row.

The Analyst - At one point in the game, you may provide your in depth analysis for why a specific player no longer needs therapy. This one time, the group will go with you and vote that player out of the group.

The Sympathizer - You secretly feel a lot of sympathy for the needies and their desire to remain in therapy and will win with them. Every night, you may scan to see if a player is a needy.

The Needies (potential for unlisted roles as well as a listed role to not appear in the game)

The Screamer - If voted that you no longer need therapy you may scream at the top of your lungs in the face of one player and they will become overly emotional and leave therapy with you

The Criticizer - You are a needy who has the ability to criticize one player every other night. The player who is criticized will have such low self esteem that they won't feel confident enough to vote the next day. That player can still post. Needies may criticize themselves or fellow needies.

The Wannabee Therapist - Your skills and knowledge of the therapeutic process are developed to the level where you are able to fool the empathizer into thinking you are just one of the group.

The Desperate for Attention - You want everyone's attention at all times, however you need to be careful not to draw suspicion as a needy. Each night you may pull aside one player and see how they respond to your attempts for attention. If you talk to the empathizer or sympathizer you will know it. However there is also one player out there who if you talk to will learn your identity, but will not be able to outright reveal it to the group.

Notes

Game write ups may have added flavor to them, but these are in no way hints or revealing of game or player information.

There is to be no quoting of private messages.

As stated, unlisted roles are not to be revealed.

Last edited by Danny : 05-13-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #2
Danny
Head Coach

Signups

1. Claphamsa - The Teddy Bear, Brutal Killed Day 5
2. EagleFan - Evil Information Collector, Lynched Day 2
3. Barkeep - The Cool Guy, Night Kill Day 3
4. The Jackal - The Bigot, Night Kill Day 6
5. Abe - The Questioner, Lynched Day 6
6. PackerFanatic The Criticizer, Lynched Day 7
7. Hoopsguy
8. PurdueBrad - The Shy One, Lynched Day 3
9. Lathum
10. Martin D. - The Empathizer, Night kill Day 5
11. Poli
12. Passacaglia The Analyst, Night Kill Day 4
13. Lerriuqs - The Sympathizer, Lynched Day 4
14. Dubb93
15. Autumn
16. Chief Rum
17. NTNDeacon - The Talker, Lynched Day 1
18. Telle - The Screamer, Lynched Day 5
19. DaddyTorgo
20. AlanT - The Arbitrator, Night Kill Day 2
21. Saldana

Last edited by Danny : 05-22-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Danny
Head Coach

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
Night 5
Day 6
Night 6
Day 7

Evil Roles

The Evil Information Collector- Each night you will have a talk with the therapist who will randomly reveal an unlisted role without realizing it. You will not learn who has that role. Because you are evil, you also plan on using this info for your own selfish purposes. After learning a role, you may use your deception to try and trick one player into revealing their role to you by talking to that player at night to see if they are a role that you are looking for.

Villager Roles

The Talker- You are a group member who wins with the group. Once a night you may select a player to talk the ear off of and thus prevent them from taking any other night action. There are a number of roles that when you talk to, you will prevent their night action, this includes villager (such as a seer scan) and wolf actions. You will not know whether or not you prevented an action. If you talk to a wolf that is making the kill, you will prevent the night kill. You will not know whether it was your action or another that caused the no night kill. You may only talk to each player once per game as after one night with you they will avoid you for the rest of the game. If there are no players left alive who you have not talked to, your ability is used up. You are not required to use this action.

The Arbitrator –You are exceptional at playing the middle man and working two sides to come to a common conclusion. Your vote decides any ties that take place during the course of the game. You also have the ability as a one time action to add one vote to your total. A PM must be sent to that you intend to use this action.

The Shy One - You are very quiet and shy. This however has made you very observant of others who are seeking attention. If pulled aside by the desperate for attention you will learn their identity. Every other night you may also have a rare moment where you come out of your shell. During this moment, you give someone rare attention from you. If this person is the desperate for attention, you will know it.

The Cool Guy
- You are one cool guy! This means some look up to you and some are jealous and want you out of the way. Half the players in the game subconsciously look up to you. Anytime one of those players makes a vote to oust you from the group, their vote will be nullified. The other half of the players subconsciously are jealous of you. Anytime one of those players votes to oust you from the group, their vote will be doubled. Each night you will study the group and learn of one player who is jealous of you and one who looks up to you. Being that these feelings are subconscious, the players themselves will not know about them or their effect on voting for you. However, once they vote to remove you from the group, it means their love/hate of you has turned to indifference and their effect on voting for you will not happen again.

The Questioner – You like to ask questions. At one point in the game you may ask a yes/no question about one player in order to find out if they are a needie. This includes the Wannabee Therapist.

The Leader - You are close with the follower. You each know each other's identity and may PM with one another. If the follower is voted out or killed, you will stay in the game.

The Follower - You are close with the leader. You each know each other's identity and may PM with one another. If the leader is voted out or killed, you will follow them out of therapy.

The Crier – You are very emotional and will cry over the smallest thing! You are a group member who wins with the group. Each night you may cry on the shoulder of one person and find out if they are the sympathizer or the empathizer.

The Bigot
- You believe foreigners are inferior! You have a distinct feeling that one of the group members is secretly one. Each night you may pull one player aside have a talk with them to find out if they are the foreigner. You win by lasting longer in the group than the foreigner. After succeeding you become a regular member of the group and can earn a bonus victory by also winning with the group.

The Foreigner - Unknown to the group, you are secretly a foreigner. Most of the group has no idea and wouldn’t care anyway, but there is one bigot out there who has a feeling you are hiding in the group somewhere. Each night you may have a man to man talk with one player to discover whether or not they are the bigot. You win by lasting longer in the group than he does. After succeeding, you become a regular member of the group and can earn a bonus victory by also winning with the group.

The Information Collector
- You are great at collecting information! Each night you will have a talk with the therapist who will randomly reveal an unlisted role without realizing it. You will not learn who has that role.

The Risk-Taker - You love the thrill of the risk/reward of a decision. At one point in the game as night action you may submit the order to “take a risk”. This will result in a random number of votes being added to your total the following day. The number of votes added to your total will be a random number from 1-5. You will be given the number of votes added in a PM. If you survive that lynch, you will gain the ability to survive one night kill or lynch later in the game.

Last edited by Danny : 05-27-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

in

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

In
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I will play.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #7
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sure, in.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I really can't decide what I think of the no reveal mechanic.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #9
Danny
Head Coach

The purpose of it is that villagers will be able to learn information from their role, but will have to use that info to convince the group to vote with them instead of simply saying I am so and so who can do this and so and so is a wolf.

It will also prevent a mass reveal.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
ive played in games wit it before.... it can be real tough, and real easy to get around. depending on how strickd the GM is...

I also dont like it.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Danny
Head Coach

And that's only for the unlisted roles, listed roles may reveal.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #12
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully it also creates a challenge for the wolves. If someone is pining on them, it gives them the dilemma of killing that person off, but than having their role revealed which could cause others to trust the way that person had been voting. I'm thinking it will add another level of strategy, but we'll see how it turns out.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

It's been a few games since I have played, I am in.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

YAY!

Old 05-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I want a BIG axe. Can you do that for me Danny?

Old 05-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I want a BIG axe. Can you do that for me Danny?

How would having a big axe make you feel?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #18
Danny
Head Coach

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am actually going into School Psychology and think very highly of counseling and the therapeutic process. All this year as part of the practicum experience we had a weekly group session. It was a wonderful experience, but I thought it would be interesting to poke fun at it here as the basis for my game.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

but info is revealed upon death?

so you're basically just saying you can't come in and say "i'm a villager" ??

I'm confused...plz clarify
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #20
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
but info is revealed upon death?

so you're basically just saying you can't come in and say "i'm a villager" ??

I'm confused...plz clarify

You can say I'm a villager.

I'll give an example of a role which is not in the game to help.

Lets say the comic is a villager and the giggler is a needie

You are the Comic- Every night you may pull aside a player a tell and corny joke. If that player is the giggler, you will know. You may not reveal your role or the result of your scan

So this player can learn information from their role, but can not outright reveal that they are the comic and they scanned and found the giggler. They will have to use persuasion, accusations and build a case around the player they know to be a wolf. However, on death their role is revealed, so if they have voted for Hoopsguy every day, chances are people will realize what that meant. But then again, maybe he didn't find the giggler and instead just thought Hoopsguy was a wolf.

Last edited by Danny : 05-08-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #21
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not wild about your example, Danny. It makes me feel like I'm not fully appreciated as a villager, and that people are always projecting me as a wolf.

Despite these misgivings, I suppose I'll muster up enough esteem to join the rest of you for this endeavor.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #22
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm not wild about your example, Danny. It makes me feel like I'm not fully appreciated as a villager, and that people are always projecting me as a wolf.

Despite these misgivings, I suppose I'll muster up enough esteem to join the rest of you for this endeavor.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #23
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hell, I need therapy. In.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am actually going into School Psychology and think very highly of counseling and the therapeutic process. All this year as part of the practicum experience we had a weekly group session. It was a wonderful experience, but I thought it would be interesting to poke fun at it here as the basis for my game.

Neat! My wife currently is working on getting a second masters degree, this time in school psychology herself. She comes home every day and tells me about the various things she is working on. It goes way over my head though I must say.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #25
hoopsguy
General Manager

So, doctor - sometimes I have these paranoid urges that PurdueBrad is out to get me. And it makes me want to find a rope and string him up and watch the body twitch until his last breath has left him. Does anyone else have these type of feelings?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:40 PM   #26
hoopsguy
General Manager

Other times I look around the room and find myself getting increasingly frustrated when people don't talk. It just drives me bonkers, right up until the point where I go out to the local Home Depot (or whatever equivalent is in the town) and by the thickest, sturdiest rope I can find. That seems to act as a security blanket for me.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me ...
Old 05-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #27
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So, doctor - sometimes I have these paranoid urges that PurdueBrad is out to get me. And it makes me want to find a rope and string him up and watch the body twitch until his last breath has left him. Does anyone else have these type of feelings?

PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #28
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Neat! My wife currently is working on getting a second masters degree, this time in school psychology herself. She comes home every day and tells me about the various things she is working on. It goes way over my head though I must say.

Cool! Is hers a three year program? I'm finishing up my first year now. Supposedly next year is the toughest since you have a full class load and fieldwork. The third year is pretty much just working with a full time internship and a thesis project. The program I am in is great and I can't wait to finish and start my career. It's a great field.

What I think is always fun is when you tell someone you are going into School Psychology and they think you can all of a sudden help them solve all their problems in a day. Then you actually describe the things you do and how it works, but they still think that .
Old 05-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #29
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

I know, because you are probably a great guy. You ran for President, after all Hopefully the shrink can help me with this issue.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #30
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Other times I look around the room and find myself getting increasingly frustrated when people don't talk. It just drives me bonkers, right up until the point where I go out to the local Home Depot (or whatever equivalent is in the town) and by the thickest, sturdiest rope I can find. That seems to act as a security blanket for me.

I'm pretty sure there is something wrong with me ...

You feel restless
Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #31
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

When does this start? It means everything in terms of my participation this game.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

It looks like Abe's game is going to finish up next monday/tuesday, so definitely after that. What does everyone think? Should I start that Wednesday or Thursday or wait for the following week?
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool! Is hers a three year program? I'm finishing up my first year now. Supposedly next year is the toughest since you have a full class load and fieldwork. The third year is pretty much just working with a full time internship and a thesis project. The program I am in is great and I can't wait to finish and start my career. It's a great field.

What I think is always fun is when you tell someone you are going into School Psychology and they think you can all of a sudden help them solve all their problems in a day. Then you actually describe the things you do and how it works, but they still think that .

Yes, you basically just listed verbatim what her schedule looks like. She just finished up the first year this week (had exams and such). Next week she has a meeting with the director of the program to discuss her placement for next year. She is hoping it is somewhere close by and not like an hour or two away.

The part that has been annoying for me is she has to practice all of the various tests over the past few months and of course I have been her guinea pig before she actually did the tests on kids. So I've had plenty of time stacking and organizing blocks, finding patterns/shapes in drawings, answering questions etc... My favorite is when she asks me to pretend like I am 12 years old when I answer them... uhh.. I always act like I am 12 I thought!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #34
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

If it's the following week, I'm in. I have a guest all next week (and into next weekend, and he'll leave Monday, the 18th), so I'm not going to have enough time to do this if it starts any earlier.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Man...now that I helped Danny out with the rules I kinda wish I didn't so I could play this.

It should be a fun one, IMO, folks.

What makes it really sad is that after Abe's game I'm surely going to need some form of WW-therapy and a strong dosage of WWellbutrin.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #36
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In

we need to get EF27 to play
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would love to see it get rolling the day after Abe's ends if that works for you and the rest of the group that is playing.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

ohhh...

I will be away for memorial day the 23rd-26th.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #39
The Jackal
Coordinator

Please don't make me a wolf, danny. Thanks.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #40
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post

personally not a fan, I think it removes a lot of the players creativity.

I also think Danny will get a ton of PM's from people wondering what they can and cant say.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #41
Danny
Head Coach

I'm guessing her program is NASP approved, all of those I think are pretty similar in their format as they have to meet a lot of requirements to get accreditation.

The school districts here work a little different because we have to find our own placement. I have an interview on Wednesday for a fieldwork position.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #42
hoopsguy
General Manager

Memorial Day = same rules as weekend play? By same rules, I mean nothing during that window?

I've got a work migration going on starting the Friday night before Memorial Day. So if I'm still alive and kicking at that point I may not be quite as active with my posting that day or the Tuesday afterwards.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm guessing her program is NASP approved, all of those I think are pretty similar in their format as they have to meet a lot of requirements to get accreditation.

The school districts here work a little different because we have to find our own placement. I have an interview on Wednesday for a fieldwork position.

Yes, she had to join NASP as well, so that makes sense.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #44
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If I may suggest I think ending that friday and starting up again tuesday would be best
Old 05-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #45
Danny
Head Coach

Let's make it a start Next Wednesday 5/13. We'll have a three day weekend break for Memorial day assuming the game is still going on at that point.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #46
MartinD
High School Varsity

I would like to play.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM   #47
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yo
Old 05-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #48
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm in -- I'm not worried about the unlisted reveals not being allowed. I think we should just treat it like it's a normal villager (which it is, in this case), but it happens to have some extra ability to make the game more interesting.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #49
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

in
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #50
Danny
Head Coach

Ideally we will have 20+ sign ups, so that each role can be used.