Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #401
miami_fan
Coordinator

Stolen from Twitter

We are officially in the fourth quarter of 2020. Man I hope we are playing the Falcons.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:59 PM   #402
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
New England Patriots-Kansas City Chiefs planned for Monday

Also, is there any way this isn't played? Right now it's "pending tests", but it seems like after moving TV heaven and earth to get this done, everyone's going to miraculously test negative.

SI
I don't think they're faking anything. Taking proper precautions? Maybe not (Patriots taking 2 planes - one with the players allegedly in close contact with Cam, one with the rest in case incubation period means they're contagious even after testing negative on rapid reaction tests), but this is early enough it would have been easy for the NFL to move it to a later week like Titans/Steelers. Expecting football to be played without getting cases was never going to happen, but it seems like the NFL has done a pretty good job once that decision was made & it's impossible to do a bubble.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:38 PM   #403
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Congratulations to the Eagles. With your ONE win you are now first place in your division!!!!
Old 10-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #404
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Two televised games tonight - what's not to love? This needs to be the new normal.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:09 AM   #405
cuervo72
Head Coach

Has to piss off ABC/ESPN though.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 AM   #406
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Stolen from Twitter

We are officially in the fourth quarter of 2020. Man I hope we are playing the Falcons.

As a Falcons fan, I laughed, and then cried a little.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:41 AM   #407
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Has to piss off ABC/ESPN though.

Especially since the other game is more interesting.
Old 10-05-2020, 04:01 PM   #408
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bill O'Brien fired. It is almost as if trading a top 3 wide receiver was a bad move.

Last edited by Lathum : 10-05-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #409
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dolphins phans gotta be loving having their #1 and #2 this year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #410
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Bill O'Brien fired. It is almost as if trading a top 3 wide receiver was a bad move.

Or trading first round picks like candy to contend and then trading away a top 3 WR for a washed up running back? That roster will take years to come back from the shit he did. Hopkins has to be laughing his ass off.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 04:21 PM   #411
miami_fan
Coordinator

Is it possible that the Texans just wanted to strip him of his GM duties, he said hell no so they just got rid of him altogether? I keep hearing that he is a good to great coach.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:09 PM   #412
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Houston I think I you are making a very bad move.

--Signed, a Colts fan.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:15 PM   #413
Ksyrup

We were supposed to have a US Rep debate tonight from 7-8 on CBS. It got bumped to online for the Pats/Chiefs game. 'MURICA!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-05-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:40 PM   #414
Ksyrup

If Cam hadn't fallen into the Pats laps, are you telling me Bill was actually going to go with Hoyer? They'd have gotten a top-5 pick if Hoyer played 16 games.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #415
Jas_lov
College Starter

What the hell just happened? That was a fumble, not an incomplete pass.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:06 PM   #416
Ksyrup

Well, the Pats just got screwed on like 3 levels on that play. Did they call in the grasp? Because he was not down, it was an INT, and the whistle should never have blown.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #417
Ksyrup

It was either a fumble or an INT because the ball never hit the ground.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:08 PM   #418
bhlloy
Coordinator

That’s one of the most bizarre plays I’ve seen. Clearly no whistle, so the ref can just decide that it’s dead after the fact? And then there’s no chance to review?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:20 PM   #419
bhlloy
Coordinator

Welp. Hoyer might never be heard of in NE again.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #420
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Welp. Hoyer might never be heard of in NE again.

It's kind of scary that Stidham is considered worse than Hoyer. Personally, I'm of the impression that Josh Rosen could still be a good quarterback, particularly under Belichick. I'd actually like to see them take a chance on him rather than either Stidham or Hoyer.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #421
Ksyrup

My mother has better pocket awareness than Hoyer.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #422
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Judging from Twitter I wonder if there's ever been a more polarizing analyst than Romo.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #423
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
It's kind of scary that Stidham is considered worse than Hoyer. Personally, I'm of the impression that Josh Rosen could still be a good quarterback, particularly under Belichick. I'd actually like to see them take a chance on him rather than either Stidham or Hoyer.

My thought exactly. I mean wasn’t Stidham supposedly the starter that BB trusted at one point? How can he be worse than Hoyer?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:56 PM   #424
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Judging from Twitter I wonder if there's ever been a more polarizing analyst than Romo.

Polarizing? I thought the universal consensus was that he was the best analyst in the NFL.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #425
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Polarizing? I thought the universal consensus was that he was the best analyst in the NFL.

I saw his name trending and wondered wtf. It's a love / hate fest. Everybody has an opinion but no more than two in a row appear to be the same
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM   #426
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:

He's a good analyst but gets annoying at times with how much he talks and he always talks in sentence fragments.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #427
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm crying no tears for Edelman here, Romo.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:27 PM   #428
Ksyrup

For the love of God, if you're on the 1 inch line quit running the ball up the middle from shotgun!
Old 10-05-2020, 09:09 PM   #429
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
My thought exactly. I mean wasn’t Stidham supposedly the starter that BB trusted at one point? How can he be worse than Hoyer?

I think it was just because it was a late switch and therefore trusted Boyer on short notice. Stidham should start next week with a full week of preparation.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #430
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

More positives from the patriots and apparently titans players still testing positive.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:45 AM   #431
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Gee... yet somehow the Chiefs-Pats game happened. Magically no tests until after the second MNF game.

400 Bad Request

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:54 AM   #432
Ksyrup

Quote:
More positives from the patriots and apparently titans players still testing positive.

Titans had 2 consecutive days with no positives (at least, that's what reporters were told). Today was going to be the day they reopened.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 AM   #433
Ksyrup

I know Chiefs/Pats was a major game, but it's obvious they never should have played. Stephon Gilmore and Stephen Miller both had the same thing happen - tested negative for 4 straight days and then tested positive. You can't just go off of negative tests over a short period of days.

The NFL will be extraordinarily lucky if Gilmore is somehow the only one and didn't spread it to anyone on the Chiefs - which we may not know until after the next game.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-07-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:05 AM   #434
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The NFL will be extraordinarily lucky if Gilmore is somehow the only one and didn't spread it to anyone on the Chiefs - which we may not know until after the next game.

Stephon Gilmore Got Very Close To Patrick Mahomes After Patriots-Chiefs Game – CBS Boston
Old 10-07-2020, 02:17 PM   #435
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Washington benches Haskins and elevates Alex Smith to #2. Let's hope Kyle Allen is lights out
Old 10-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #436
stevew
Hall Of Famer

all of this Titans stuff is spiraling. Illegal off site workouts. Lack of following protocols in the buildings. Hopefully Vrabel and their GM both get substantial suspensions and fines.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:12 PM   #437
Kodos
Resident Alien

Shocking that Vrabel comes from the Belichick coaching tree...
Old 10-08-2020, 02:14 PM   #438
Ksyrup

Let's see if the implied threat of forfeiting games actually happens. Sounds like this is more on the players/organization than just bad luck of someone getting Covid and it spreading quickly.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:24 PM   #439
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing this is going to go the way of the Astros/MLB where they try to pawn this off all on one org, crack hard on them, and then tell everyone else "you see what we did there? don't do it and definitely don't get caught" when I'm sure there are other orgs doing very similar stuff

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-08-2020 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #440
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I know it sounds salty coming from a steelers fan, but we're going to end up basically not getting a bye week this year because of these chucklefucks.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:37 PM   #441
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Accidents happen.

But this was not an accident. The Titans put the entire season for the entire league and literally billions of dollars in jeopardy.

Forefit the games (including the ones they missed already) until the team is healthy enough to play again
Suspend the coach and GM for the rest of the season

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-08-2020 at 02:37 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #442
Ksyrup

Tyrod Taylor officially Wally Pipped.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #443
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Tyrod Taylor officially Wally Pipped.

That's clearly the right decision. The results so far make me wonder why Taylor was the starter in the first place.
Old 10-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #444
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, Herbert is putting up video game numbers. But not FoF8 numbers, cause of course no QB can pass for 8.7YPC in SP
Old 10-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #445
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have an 11-1 ticket on Herbert to win Offensive rookie of the year so I am dancing a jig, unfortunately I am reminded Anthony Lynn is still his coach.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #446
JPhillips
General Manager

Burrow has to be the favorite at the moment.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:04 PM   #447
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Burrow has to be the favorite at the moment.

you would be correct -110
Helaire is -350 then Herbert at 6-1
Old 10-08-2020, 08:51 PM   #448
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Amazing that this crappy Bears team could still easily end up 4-1
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 09:00 PM   #449
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Moving the Titans game to Tuesday will definitely prevent an outbreak that has already hit 23 of them from passing it along to the Bills.

SI

Old 10-08-2020, 09:01 PM   #450
RendeR
Coordinator

Might be a shitty team overall, but Fuller is a baller.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote