Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: What post-season standings format should we adopt?
Status quo: Split season format 2 28.57%
Full season standings (top two teams) with a mid-season break 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Split-season or full-season?

I'm curious to see what people's thoughts are on this. We'd have a mid-season break regardless, because that's really what makes this league different is fast-sim with a chance to tinker once.

But I'm curious whether we ought to use split season standings or just count it for the whole year. My thinking that it's annoying and a dramatic end-of-season buzzkill to not see who is really behind or having the possibility of say, a 3rd place team winning a "half" and beating out a team with the best overall record.

But you all tell me what you think, for this I'll take my cues from the majority because I don't really have a strong feeling about it one way or another. So cast your vote and we'll decide for this next season (with the oft-promised realignment)

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

I'm a bit torn on this. I like the split-season as it's something new for me and it adds a bit of uncertainty for the second half and a chance to salvage a poor start to the season with the proper adjustments mid-way.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
ShoelessJ03
High School JV

I voted for split-season at least for the time being. Would be fun to see the worst first half team make adjustments to go on a run for the second leg of the season.

It keeps every team in the hunt until the final game.

I would at least like to see this current set-up for a few more seasons to really get a feel for it.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...eagueId=391368
League ID: 391368
League Password: provided on request

Last edited by ShoelessJ03 : 12-06-2011 at 08:44 PM.
ShoelessJ03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Yeah with no definitive answer on this, we're going to maintain the status quo. I was just trying to get a read on everyone's thoughts. It's working well enough for us now and I do like -- as you said -- the differentiation it gives us versus doing it the conventional way.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote