Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #29201
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Tweets like this are highlighting the dangers of a White House and WH Doctors who just can not be trusted to tell the truth

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-03-2020 at 03:13 PM.
BillyMadison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:18 PM   #29202
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Impossible to know what to believe. All these behind-the-scenes GOP sources could be telling the truth, or they could be trying to set up for an "OMG TRUMP IS SO AWESOME HE BEAT COVID!!!1 miraculous recovery" scenario.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-03-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:27 PM   #29203
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I feel like the more people that test positive the less likely that this is any kind of grand planned strategy/distraction. I suppose there's still some room for it to be some kind of bizarre extended improvisation, which is practically Trump's regular MO.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #29204
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

He’s tweeting; guessing he’s gonna pull through.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:37 PM   #29205
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Reagan was on camera within 24 hours of being shot. I'm surprised they aren't getting pictures out. The whole thing has a very Andropov feel to it.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #29206
Atocep
Coordinator

If he does take a turn for the worse it's going to make the conspiracies that much worse because of thr sunshine being pumped. To point where I'd expect the militias to make a move.

Last edited by Atocep : 10-03-2020 at 03:40 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #29207
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
He’s tweeting; guessing he’s gonna pull through.

But from everything we know about COVID that's not how it works. You can't look at it hour-by-hour. We've heard that one day you'll be feeling much better and then the next day you're sicker than ever. Then the next day you feel like you're on the mend, and then the next day you're on a ventilator....

I just feel like Occam's razor suggests that with this President, if he was actually as well as his team is claiming, we would have heard directly from him with another video or picture or something...
Old 10-03-2020, 03:49 PM   #29208
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Impossible to know what to believe. All these behind-the-scenes GOP sources could be telling the truth, or they could be trying to set up for an "OMG TRUMP IS SO AWESOME HE BEAT COVID!!!1 miraculous recovery" scenario.

This all day and twice on Saturday.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #29209
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This is my guess on the thinking here. Have the doctor come out and give a rosy update to make the base happy. Then, have a unnamed source release to say it is touch and go. This way if there is a bad turn, there was a report. If he gets better, then they would claim he was never in danger and it was all "fake news." Where it failed was the Chief of Staff was on camera when he "leaked" the report.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-03-2020 at 03:54 PM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #29210
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
If he does take a turn for the worse it's going to make the conspiracies that much worse because of thr sunshine being pumped. To point where I'd expect the militias to make a move.

It's so fucking maddening that they're staring directly at pictures of the maskless GOP packed together like sardines days ago wondering "WHO DID THIS??"
Old 10-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #29211
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think the biggest takeaway here is that should something drastic happen, that my takeaway is not one of surprise. It's more of, "what did you think might happen? How is this a shocking outcome?" It's just sort of a ..... I don't know...a thing I guess. Like the woman being shocked that the snake bit her sort of thing.

Like Steam?

Old 10-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #29212
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I feel like the more people that test positive the less likely that this is any kind of grand planned strategy/distraction. I suppose there's still some room for it to be some kind of bizarre extended improvisation, which is practically Trump's regular MO.
oh, no way it’s a *grand* plan. I’m thinking more along the lines of “ah, now that he’s getting better and extremely likely to survive, let’s leak that it’s dire, so when he survives we can talk about how strong he is and how the Fake News lied because they were rooting for him to die.”

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening; I’m saying that it’s absurd that a scenario like that isn’t out of the question.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:59 PM   #29213
Ben E Lou

Christie in the hospital.

Old 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #29214
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
oh, no way it’s a *grand* plan. I’m thinking more along the lines of “ah, now that he’s getting better and extremely likely to survive, let’s leak that it’s dire, so when he survives we can talk about how strong he is and how the Fake News lied because they were rooting for him to die.”

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening; I’m saying that it’s absurd that a scenario like that isn’t out of the question.

Even if it's not true, and unplanned, after the fact they will 100% treat it like it was.

Like Steam?

Old 10-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #29215
BillyMadison
High School Varsity

Trump releases a statement through Rudy Giuliani via the NY Post. Just... wow. Can't say I'm surprised but can everyone stop pretending they wish him well now? What a monster.

Last edited by BillyMadison : 10-03-2020 at 05:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:32 PM   #29216
thesloppy
Pro Starter

At this point Rudy just making that call up entirely isn't off the table either. Why does the President of the country need to make some kind of hostage-like 'get this out' statement to his buddy, rather than using literally any other channel available? On the other hand I still can't say any of this absurdity doesn't sound just like Donald Trump. What madness.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-03-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #29217
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The average American wouldn't be allowed to check themselves into a hospital for precautionary reasons. One of the reasons these people don't care about the ACA repeal is they know they'll be treated well regardless.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:17 PM   #29218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That statement is right from Greg Guttfelds mouth.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:30 PM   #29219
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMadison View Post
Tweets like this are highlighting the dangers of a White House and WH Doctors who just can not be trusted to tell the truth

This guy is a moron who lies all the time.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #29220
thesloppy
Pro Starter

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...25833505058816

He's looking & talking better than I would've imagined in that statement, but also still looks horrible and is saying nothing of worth. The passage about how he locked himself in a hospital because he just couldn't lock himself in the White House is particularly baffling/stupid.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-03-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:06 PM   #29221
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From a Vanity Fair article. This is rich. I mean, it couldn't be that Republicans have uniformly refused to wear masks or do much of anything to prevent the spread of the disease. No, it must be another QAnon conspiracy. That's Occam's Razor for these idiots.

Quote:
Some Trump allies are entertaining conspiracy theories that the White House outbreak was caused by someone with political motives. “It’s weird that all these Republicans are getting it,” a prominent Republican told me. “I don’t know what the fuck is going on. But one thing I’ve learned is: when something major happens thirty days before an election, it usually has to do with the election.” (There is no evidence for this wild claim).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #29222
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It sounds more and more like Trump had a near miss on Friday morning but is on the mend(-ish) now

Of course, COVID has this nasty habit where the recovery is not at all in a straight line in a lot of cases: seemingly good one day and then hammered hard the next. But it sounds like he is probably in the clear-ish.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-03-2020 at 09:28 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 09:53 PM   #29223
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I just don't know with these people.

Old 10-03-2020, 10:08 PM   #29224
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I just don't know with these people.

He's right, we need to all start wearing plague doctor masks.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:19 AM   #29225
SackAttack
Head Coach

The leader of the free world didn't do shit to TRY and protect himself.

Saying "he caught it despite doing nothing so why bother doing anything" is moronic.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:26 AM   #29226
Ksyrup

Yeah, same line Matt Gaetz is trotting out. "This just proves that a lockdown will do nothing to prevent people from getting Covid." Except, these people did the opposite of a lockdown, a-hole.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-04-2020 at 07:26 AM.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:29 AM   #29227
Ksyrup

Also, I'm seriously pissed at Delta for refusing to ban the 3 MN state legislators who flew a commercial flight while knowing they had been exposed to someone who tested positive. They've banned regular people who refuse to wear a mask, yet Delta had the audacity to suggest you should know the names and histories of the people you're flying with (they apparently said no one refused to remain on the flight as their excuse - as if anyone knew who they were or who they had been around at the time).
Old 10-04-2020, 07:33 AM   #29228
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I should know not to underestimate the Trump cult, but I really didn't see this coming. Trump caught the virus, so now we must do less to protect ourselves from the virus.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:51 AM   #29229
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Listening to Fox News because I hate myself. Talking head says the markets are still doing well because investors know Trump will get re-elected. Other talking head then asks if the markets go down is that an indication that Biden is picking up steam. Response “ well, not necessarily, it depends on policy”

lol.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:31 AM   #29230
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am really frustrated by my anger toward Chris Christie's statement yesterday and that the anger has continued into this morning.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:54 AM   #29231
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

My favorite quote from facebook recently:

Quote:
No one is sick and dying from the virus. They are sick because they are listening to the CDC

Where ... where do I even start ... nope nvm not worth it.

Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 10:10 AM   #29232
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Jason Miller making the Sunday show rounds today to mock Biden for wearing a mask.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #29233
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow
Old 10-04-2020, 10:42 AM   #29234
Ben E Lou

Old 10-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #29235
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I've never heard of rip pissed. Is this a common phrase?
Old 10-04-2020, 11:21 AM   #29236
Ben E Lou

Somebody help me with what this means, 'cause it sounds a lot like "if I'd told the whole truth yesterday, Trump would have freaked out so badly that his blood pressure would have gone through the roof and threatened his health even more." Any other ideas?

Old 10-04-2020, 11:23 AM   #29237
QuikSand
lolzcat

After yesterday's fully political display, we disregard everything these hacks say as bullshit. Round two the same as round one. Proven liars. Utter garbage.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 11:26 AM   #29238
kingfc22
Head Coach

I’ll say it. Can he just die already so we can move on with our lives and show the idiots out there that COVID-19 is real.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:29 AM   #29239
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

White House now saying that Trump's blood oxygen dropped twice since Friday (so I'm guessing he was likely put on oxygen at some point). But he may be going back to the WH on Monday (which, remember, has very good medical facilities anyways)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #29240
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The virus is everywhere. If you say anything that give it encouragement, it's going to hear you. Gossiping rumps, kill Trumps.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:52 AM   #29241
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
After yesterday's fully political display, we disregard everything these hacks say as bullshit. Round two the same as round one. Proven liars. Utter garbage.

Everything he touches turns to crap.

Like if Obama was in the same situation, we would have received honest updates. Same with Bush, who had pretty bad handlers, or Clinton, who was thought to be pretty untrustworthy.

SI

Old 10-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #29242
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Can he just die already so we can move on with our lives and show the idiots out there that COVID-19 is real.

That wouldn't happen though. People would just talk about how noble and brave he was to not live in fear of the virus, while simultaneously maintaining that we need to make sure we don't overreact to it and it's just the flu, etc.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-04-2020 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:07 PM   #29243
kingfc22
Head Coach

You’re probably right.

Interesting thread (8 tweets total) from the Chair at UCSF on his interpretation of some the information that Conley shared.

http://twitter.com/Bob_Wachter/statu...92223428165633
Old 10-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #29244
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

And, of course, even Trump's "I'm doing ok" message was staged.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-b778464.html
He was signing blanks pieces of paper with a sharpie.

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/...28580836909057
And his coughs were cheaply edited out of the video, likely with Adobe Premiere.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-04-2020 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #29245
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
My favorite quote from facebook recently:

Where ... where do I even start ... nope nvm not worth it.

Who is this person in your life that they're worth following on facebook?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:48 PM   #29246
stevew
Hall Of Famer

y'all don't know how to use the ignore for 30 days or unfollow buttons on facebook.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 02:42 PM   #29247
tarcone
Coordinator

To paraphrase Chris Rock on SNL " We need term limits. We agreed in the United States we didnt want a king, but we have Dukes and Duchesses running the senate and the congress making decisions for poor people."

What a great point.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 10-04-2020 at 02:42 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:25 PM   #29248
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, but how do term limits fix that? Those people supposedly making decisions for poor people are put there largely by poor people and would just be replaced by other people making pretty much the same decisions. A revolving door of less competent legislators of similar ideology is all you'd end up with.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #29249
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Sure, I know how to use those. I just don't unless someone spams political nonsense constantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
Who is this person in your life that they're worth following on facebook?

I don't actually know them. They're someone who commented on a discussion started by someone else I do know. My facebook is pretty much just so for family, co-workers etc. but some of them have some strange POV and then there's the people that they know who are even further out ... it's one of those deals.

Frankly, the ones who do the whole 'no debates or arguments, posted only as food for thought' thing with a linked article that's highly inflammatory are actually worse IMO. Basically if you don't want someone to skewer your sacred cows, don't put them on social media.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-04-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #29250
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

That really sounds less like an argument for term limits, but more an argument for campaign finance reform. Until we get the money out of politics, the poor is always going to be the lowest importance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote